April 19, 2024, 09:33:40 PM

Author Topic: Question on viewing Foreign Games in Trinidad.  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Question on viewing Foreign Games in Trinidad.
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:49:21 PM »
   Hi all forumites, I am back! When we played at Guatemala there was no live coverage, none from TV 6, Gayelle, NCC (Ch. 4), etc. I even called TGIF, Trotters etc. to see if they were going to show it there and NOTHING. Andre Samuel, myself and others were extremely frustrated by this, and Gayelle did show the game the day after.

Does anyone know if the Mexico game in Mexico will be shown ANYWHERE or on any channel in T'dad? AS WELL, we all have channel 30 on cable which is ESPN and that is the channel that would most probably show the US football games such as when we play them. However I notice on many nights there is some blasted white notice saying that CCTT does not have the rights or some damn dotishness to show certain sports on certain times of the day. I am almost certain that the US vs T&T game will be shown on that channel but we will not get to see it. WHY IS THAT?

Last year when we played Mexico and lost 3-0 there, it was shown albeit one hour delayed on TV 6 can someone let me know if they know if the June 8th game will be shown at all. If not let's go and bawl at them all nah.

TSTT real promoted the Costa Rica game, and basically all home games but when we playing away such as vs Guatemala one would not have known since this was never really advertised, let's hope when we play Mexico, USA, Panama and CR that we can somehow see it in Trinidad!!

Hyperhot J!!! Very annoyed with the local authorities over this matter!!   >:( 
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Question on viewing Foreign Games in Trinidad.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:02:45 PM »

But just take it as a blessing that 5-1 wasn't shown live  :'(

I hear yuh.
I sure Gayelle would show it if they had the resources for a live broadcast.

If yuh have any padnahs with "alternative" cable...i.e. not CCTT then they will probably show the US game on ESPN.

As for the Mexican game...DirecTV might be an option if it not on TV or in the bars.
We always scrunting for coverage!   >:(

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question on viewing Foreign Games in Trinidad.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 01:38:02 AM »

File sharing, perhaps via FTP,  is probably the best way the give the die-hard fans access to the video.  Folks abroad would also like to see some of the games at home.

1]; } ?>