April 19, 2024, 09:51:22 PM

Author Topic: leave iz ah foul????????????  (Read 4606 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
leave iz ah foul????????????
« on: April 09, 2006, 12:18:50 PM »
i remember in trini when ah man say leave de ref used to blow so what goin on now that ah in forin and men telling me i gone mad

could someone clarify this

and TI where iz de warrior nation pics???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: leave iz ah foul????????????
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:48:39 PM »
I remember that too, Morvant. Just de other I was wondering if it still have dat rule. I figure is just that is one of dem rules that they change somewhere along de line.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 04:14:22 PM »
eman, morvant meant saying "Leave it" wen the  ball comin to yuh. Remember nuff times that gettin blown as foul in U 14 games and ting
Dunno if it is a rule still..never really made sense to me
Back in Trini...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 04:15:34 PM »
e-man.....just to clarify.

when Morvant uses leave it..............it is if a player is going for a ball and he verbally uses the word "leave"

Not the action itself of removing oneself from the field of play.

My coaches used to have us say "Mine's"...or my ball...or you would call yuh name to signal yuh coming tru.

That is why goalies does bawl.........Keeeeeeeeppppaaaahhh. When they charging tru.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 04:18:03 PM »
e-man.....just to clarify.

when Morvant uses leave it..............it is if a player is going for a ball and he verbally uses the word "leave"

Not the action itself of removing oneself from the field of play.

My coaches used to have us say "Mine's"...or my ball...or you would call yuh name to signal yuh coming tru.

That is why goalies does bawl.........Keeeeeeeeppppaaaahhh. When they charging tru.

ok I never heard of that being a foul. The only place I see that falling under is maybe "unsportsmanlike"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »
i remember they used to call if if yuh bawl 'DUMMY'

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 11:13:13 PM »
I remember a pardner getting call fuh dat too!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 11:18:57 PM »
hmph...

In ah match against diego sec ah tackle ah man stick after he spit on meh back after scoring a header and de man balw f**k!!

and the ref eh do ah ting... ref in Trinidad eida dont care... or dey like tuh blow they little red whistle for anything they see...

anytime de ref blow the whistle for "leave" just tell de man refree yuh blowin more whistle dan yuh mudda.

that is the least vulgar way to deal with it anyway  :rotfl: :devil:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 11:19:44 PM »
i remember in trini when ah man say leave de ref used to blow so what goin on now that ah in forin and men telling me i gone mad

horse out here that is LEVEl whistle...'mines','my ball','leave','leave it'...supposedly any term that can be interpreted or considered as intimidating to de opposing players in de area of de ball being played is a foul. :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 11:33:47 PM »
So if Japan playin Saudi Arabia in de WC, de ref does know what "leave" is in Japanese and Arabic?

If that is really a FIFA rule then is shit.
I feel is a local rule eh.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 02:21:01 AM »
you must call a name, you cant just shout mine.
Just on Friday a man on our team give away a free kick for that
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 03:44:06 AM »
This is my take on this. 'Leave' is giving an instruction to your team mates and you cannot do that on the field of play. In the same way, you cannot shout to your team mates, 'shoot' 'head it' 'pass it to Johnny on de right'. You can gesture with your hands, but can give verbal instructions. Also saying 'leave' could be interpretated as telling to opposing player to leave it to you and that is unsporting behaviour (if not a creative way of getting de ball  ;D. That is why saying 'I have' is accetable at amateur level, because you not really giving an instruction to your teams mates. A professional level, I dont think they are allowed to even say 'mine'.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 04:20:48 AM »
This topic is quite interesting,in my lifetime of involvement with this game the different words like leave,mines etc have often been associated with foul,but is in the contex or situation which it is used it becomes a foul,having said that i'm yet to see a FIFA rule book that say using these words in a game is a foul.(i can be wrong)

The only rule i think these words can apply too is ungentlemanly conduct or if we want to say poor sportsmanship.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 06:36:09 AM »

horse out here that is LEVEl whistle...'mines','my ball','leave','leave it'...supposedly any term that can be interpreted or considered as intimidating to de opposing players in de area of de ball being played is a foul. :beermug:

This is funny becaus eI remember getting a foul for bawling Raaargh! while charging a man for a ball once.

I was on pure kicks, just rush in by the touchline and bawl and the man leave the ball and run to one side. I stop and stand up and laugh with the ball at my feet then the ref blow.

That rule about verbal instruction on the field, like calling for passes, is interesting though because I find it hard to believe that pros don't call names asking for passes.

I think mine is unsportsmanlike because men could lie and pretend to be on the opposing team to force opponents into mistakes and bad passes.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 06:47:47 AM »
So what will happen if the next team have the ball and you shout out "yea, right here!" or "watch meh!" ????
Sometimes yuh learn the man name from all his teamates callin him and you start calling him out too.

I used to real do that in school game, sometimes the game so fast, the man with the ball used to get tie up and almost pass the ball for me and give away possession.

I sure men here know that old dog trick.
Is that considered unsportsmanlike?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 07:47:12 AM »
that infraction comes under the purview of "unsportsmanlike conduct".  How about this for a mind bender.  Who can answer this question:

Scenario: A corner comes across the box in the air, a player jumps on his teammate's back, gets higher in the air, and heads the ball and scores.  Is this a foul?

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 07:48:42 AM »
One word "No".  Leave is not a foul regardless of the language.  Dat is only dotishness in trini.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 09:54:44 AM »
So what will happen if the next team have the ball and you shout out "yea, right here!" or "watch meh!" ????
Sometimes yuh learn the man name from all his teamates callin him and you start calling him out too.

I used to real do that in school game, sometimes the game so fast, the man with the ball used to get tie up and almost pass the ball for me and give away possession.

I sure men here know that old dog trick.
Is that considered unsportsmanlike?

ah pull that stunt playing against 'the greeks', they used to bawl "Exso", indicating run out, to ketch man offside...So ah tell meh midfielders anytime they hear the call, jus drop it in their half...sometimes, ah used to call it for them too....nuff breakway ah score...
Unsportmanlike ? Yes ? buh dem was tryin stunt too, ent ?

I think normally, any shout out will be called, if percieved to give an unfair advantage...depends on how brave the ref. really is, to make the call...had a tytong supporter used to bawl "Igorknowalls" ...translated " He got no balls"  :D 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 10:14:41 AM »
that infraction comes under the purview of "unsportsmanlike conduct".  How about this for a mind bender.  Who can answer this question:

Scenario: A corner comes across the box in the air, a player jumps on his teammate's back, gets higher in the air, and heads the ball and scores.  Is this a foul?

You will be called for it,it's called gaining an unfair advantage. 

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 10:20:46 AM »

You will be called for it,it's called gaining an unfair advantage. 

goos call Coops.  It is gaining an unfair advantage.  I saw a referee one time get confused at what to call, because it just didn't look right!

Another scenario:

A defender has the ball at his feet, flicks it up in the air, and heads it back to the keeper who then picks it up.  Is there an infraction here?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 10:57:08 AM »
yes thats an infraction...remember reading that in a rule book...dunno exactly what it called tho
Back in Trini...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 11:05:35 AM »
The leave dummy thing is based on the fact that you are giving false instructions on the field.

The rule states that you must call the name of the player first then say leave.

The whole thing is based on if you say leave and your opponent leave the ball then you have tricked him into getting possesion of the ball.

If you call his name first then at least you know who he is so you are his teammate.

obviously in professional football everybody know every body name so this rule is not making much sense.

And I am sure it is never really called at a professional level.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 11:14:02 AM »
yes thats an infraction...remember reading that in a rule book...dunno exactly what it called tho
     You are correct, it is an infraction,the term they use for it is "disrepute" or trickrey in layman terms,it's usually deal with yellow card and indirect free kick.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
The leave dummy thing is based on the fact that you are giving false instructions on the field.

The rule states that you must call the name of the player first then say leave.

The whole thing is based on if you say leave and your opponent leave the ball then you have tricked him into getting possesion of the ball.

If you call his name first then at least you know who he is so you are his teammate.

obviously in professional football everybody know every body name so this rule is not making much sense.

And I am sure it is never really called at a professional level.

I'm pretty sure it's not enforced at the professional level. I remember reading an article where Klinsman said that he had passed a ball to a team mate whose back was to him and he verbally told him(the teammate) to "turn right" .
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 11:26:27 AM »
so leave can be considered a foul in most footballing circles

is "man on" also a foul??

i normally hear commentators say it looks like no one told him a defender was approaching , in that they seem to expect teammmates to say that

so how leave is a foul an dman on aint??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 11:32:54 AM »
Man on is not a foul.

Would be funy if it was though.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »
Man on is not a foul.

Would be funy if it was though.

Dat is big foul in Barbados!  Doh say dat in Bimshire at all, at all.  Man on? steups yuh arse dark dey.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 05:11:15 PM »
I think it really depends on the ref. Just last summer I was playing a game and one of my team mates yell leave....ref blow for a foul, mind you, he was a Trini ref. I think the general rule up here in Toronto is that if you do say leave, its a foul.
It is unfair though because leagues here are multi-cultural and we have a lot of Greek, Italian, Russian, Croatian and Spanish teams, so unless the ref is versed in multiple languages, there is no way he would know when that is being used.
Generally they tend to say John's ball etc.
well yes

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 05:41:51 PM »
so leave can be considered a foul in most footballing circles

is "man on" also a foul??

i normally hear commentators say it looks like no one told him a defender was approaching , in that they seem to expect teammmates to say that

so how leave is a foul an dman on aint??
        Any one who have played Football long enough knows that all Referees are not the same,just like players they all have strenghts and weaknesses,it have no rule really for all those different things players say in a game,it have men does even cuss a lot in games and Referees don't do anything,it all depends on who you meet,if a game is getting out of hand a Referee will blow for everything.

I played Football so long in T&T i actually knew every Referee personally, before every game i would normally go to them and ask them how they doing just to be in their good books,i also remember a game against TESCA in Lever Brothers the Referee ran into our Dressing-room for protection.Things that Referees used to get away with in my time came be done today,the rules are more refined and updated,your life and all at stake when you are refereeing,so you better do a good job or forget it.

1]; } ?>