April 27, 2024, 03:57:39 AM

Author Topic: Hislop speaks out on Pompey hell  (Read 985 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Hislop speaks out on Pompey hell
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:49:37 AM »
Hislop speaks out on Pompey hell
(teamtalk.com)

Apr 11 2006

Hislop: Happy after Hammers move

West Ham goalkeeper Shaka Hislop admits he was so unhappy at Portsmouth 12 months ago that he considered quitting football.

In the summer, Hislop returned to former club West Ham as back-up to number one Roy Carroll.

"I made no secret of the fact 12 months ago things were going very disappointingly at Portsmouth and I seriously considered retirement," Hislop told Sky Sports News.

"I wasn't enjoying my football, I just wasn't enjoying how things were going and part of me just needed a career change."

But in recent months the Trinidad and Tobago international has been included in the first team more often than expected.

"West Ham gave me an opportunity to continue playing a little bit more. They are a club I have strong passions for so things have turned full circle," added Hislop.

"We're having a very good season and we're very confident of getting to the FA Cup final and I have this summer's World Cup to look forward to."

Hislop grateful for West Ham United chance
by Paul Meadows  (fansfc.com)

17:23 April, 11, 2006

Shaka Hislop claims West Ham United Football Club have saved his career.

The Trinidad & Tobago international goalkeeper was considering hanging up his gloves for good just twelve months ago, before Alan Pardew called him back to Upton Park.

Hislop may only be considered second choice when Roy Carroll is fit and ready, yet a recent run in the first team has reignited his passion for the game.

''I made no secret of the fact 12 months ago things were going very disappointingly at Portsmouth and I seriously considered retirement,'' Hislop told Sky Sports.

''You know I wasn't enjoying my football, I just wasn't enjoying how things were going and part of me just needed a career change. West Ham gave me an opportunity to continue playing a little bit more.

“They are a club I have strong passions for so things have turned full circle. We're having a good season and we're confident of getting to the FA Cup final and I have this summer's World Cup.”
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 10:52:07 AM by e-man »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hislop speaks out on Pompey hell
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 12:16:34 PM »
...and make him the TT #1 keeper for the WC.  My opinion anyway!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hislop speaks out on Pompey hell
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:21:41 PM »
agreed 1000%

1]; } ?>