April 29, 2024, 08:57:08 AM

Author Topic: Whatever happened to Seabra?  (Read 27801 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Jose Luis Seabra
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »
by 2010 he will have his citizenship
and will most likely be playing in our T&T Squad
how old will he be then?

how you know he go be in de squad? ???
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »
he not a bad player... buh he not nrealy good enough to make the scratch...

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2006, 04:38:42 PM »
ok just finalized..he will be 29
thaz still gud age
he will be a star by den  trust me

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2006, 04:46:57 PM »
like survivor the merge soon come
seabra will be like 35 or sumtin cuz i think he 29 all now if so young

he may not have sumthin to offer tnt ball by then anyway plus neaves and tinto go be like 25 cyar go rong in 2010 wit speedy wingers like dat

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Isaachunt

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:25 PM »
 He will be 29 and Andre Pacheco will be 26. Javed Mohammed will be 21. Highley would be 24. Kevon Neaves would be 25....They would all be good...They are all left footers... Seabra? I think not... You have to be stupid to think he will be there

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:35 PM »
like survivor the merge soon come
seabra will be like 35 or sumtin cuz i think he 29 all now if so young

he may not have sumthin to offer tnt ball by then anyway plus neaves and tinto go be like 25 cyar go rong in 2010 wit speedy wingers like dat

yea Neaves need to get fitter though... tinto yea... once he keep workin on he game he in dat squad for sure...

ah din get to see him use more of his speed though i see he have some nifty footwork.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Seabra?
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2006, 08:35:03 PM »
http://www.usoc.org/11506_42880.htm
http://www.weblocator.com/attorney/il/law/immigemp.html

Interesting discussion despite d fact that he really ain't good enough we may need an out like those countries. Kalou most likely won't get it before d world cup and this is becuse of the date he applied.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2006, 02:01:17 AM »
Allyuh straying from the topic,the subject is not who is the riches man in the caribbean but about seabra,get back on track. 

The discussion relates to football, doesnt it? Seabra didnt qualify for a Trini passport, hence he is not able to play for T&T. Not much more to say other than that. He did represent T&T in a few games, so obviously, its not a matter of him not good enough.

It may still be a matter of if he is good enough, if is one thing we can do in Trini is pull strings, so while he may be good enough to make the team for some games, but not good enough for Jack and dem to pull the right strings to get him his papers.
where there is a will there is a way, guess they just were not willing.

A Brazilian not good enough to make Trinidad's fotball team. Hmm. Must be a real crappy Brazilain 'baller then I guess  ::)

if i ever see you i consider it a right of law by my country and my fellow country men to issue you a serious kiss in the ass... seriously.

truetrini

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Do we have any Brazilians playing in T&T Pro League now?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2011, 04:53:27 AM »
Do we have any Brazilians playing in T&T Pro League now?

Last season, W-Connection had:
Murilo Da Costa
Paulo Roberto Santana
Francisco Neto
Jose Da Silva
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: whatever happened to Seabra?
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2011, 07:30:42 AM »
Queen, Andre and Touches and the Trini posse may be better to answer this but Seabra eh gettin throu with he passport so like he/they give up.  He still dey at connection (i think)
Birchall get his do fast casue his mother is a born white Trini so he get if from she. (by law you can get a trini passport if your parents are Trini)  Seabra has no blood ties to the Island so that why they making him go through the due process, which i think is crap

what does her color have to do with anything about getting a passort or not?  ??? :thumbsdown:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
Queen, Andre and Touches and the Trini posse may be better to answer this but Seabra eh gettin throu with he passport so like he/they give up.  He still dey at connection (i think)
Birchall get his do fast casue his mother is a born white Trini so he get if from she. (by law you can get a trini passport if your parents are Trini)  Seabra has no blood ties to the Island so that why they making him go through the due process, which i think is crap

what does her color have to do with anything about getting a passort or not?  ??? :thumbsdown:
In case yuh eh realize you reply to a 6 year old post

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »

so what? it was up in the most recently replied threads this morning and its the first time i am reading the thread. what are you trying to say? there's an expiration date on calling out someone's bigotry?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »

so what? it was up in the most recently replied threads this morning and its the first time i am reading the thread. what are you trying to say? there's an expiration date on calling out someone's bigotry?
actually the statutes of limitations mighta run out already Stunner. lolol.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »

I sure Ricky doh need me to 'defend' him, but I'm just curious... how is it "bigotry" to mention the fact that Birchall's mother is a "born white Trini"?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »

I sure Ricky doh need me to 'defend' him, but I'm just curious... how is it "bigotry" to mention the fact that Birchall's mother is a "born white Trini"?
no eh doh try make this out as something other than what it is, we all know that birchall is white, ricky implied that birchall got his passport BECAUSE birchall moms was a born WHITE trini
"Birchall get his do fast casue his mother is a born white Trini so he get if from she"

i mean, i am the last person to correct grammar, but his sentence structure is poor, implying that birchal got his passport quickly because his mother was 1) born in TnT 2) white 3) right after states that its law if your parents are trini you can get a passport, no where in the law does it state you had to be of a certain race to get get a passport quicker than anyone else, therefore no need to state her race other than to imply because of her race he got it quicker

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:40:56 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
Question is....is Ricky still even on dis site anymore so who you really arguing wid?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
Question is....is Ricky still even on dis site anymore so who you really arguing wid?

just pointing out

if he gone then cool. seems like others want to defend that sort of thinking tho

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »
Seabra? Really?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
no eh doh try make this out as something other than what it is, we all know that birchall is white, ricky implied that birchall got his passport BECAUSE birchall moms was a born WHITE trini
"Birchall get his do fast casue his mother is a born white Trini so he get if from she"

i mean, i am the last person to correct grammar, but his sentence structure is poor, implying that birchal got his passport quickly because his mother was 1) born in TnT 2) white 3) right after states that its law if your parents are trini you can get a passport, no where in the law does it state you had to be of a certain race to get get a passport quicker than anyone else, therefore no need to state her race other than to imply because of her race he got it quicker

Even if he thinks that race played a part in it (and it's not just "poor sentence construction"), that doesn't make him a bigot.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2011, 11:17:46 AM »

Aside from what Kicker said... there is nothing at all wrong with "that kind of thinking".  It might not have been your reality... or maybe you juss gone from Trinidad too long, but colorism is very much real in Trinidad, and next to classism is the most virulent form of prejudice in the country, more than racism if you ask me.  So just because Ricky call it as he see it that doh make him a bigot, he hasn't said anything dergoatory about whites nor did he advocate prejudice against them.  It is a truism in certain arenas that your color or creed will get you ahead faster than anyone else.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2011, 12:35:25 PM »
Gunnerstunner, Ricky isn't a bigot and was just stating the obvious (that Birchall qualify through a born and bred Trini parent who happened to be white and not through him marrying a Trini girl in England) in typical Trini dialect..bad sentence construction and all  :beermug:

anyway he got it faster cause of Uncle Jack (Bless his soul)  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »

Even if he thinks that race played a part in it (and it's not just "poor sentence construction"), that doesn't make him a bigot.
what does it make him then?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »

Aside from what Kicker said... there is nothing at all wrong with "that kind of thinking".  It might not have been your reality... or maybe you juss gone from Trinidad too long, but colorism is very much real in Trinidad, and next to classism is the most virulent form of prejudice in the country, more than racism if you ask me.  So just because Ricky call it as he see it that doh make him a bigot, he hasn't said anything dergoatory about whites nor did he advocate prejudice against them.  It is a truism in certain arenas that your color or creed will get you ahead faster than anyone else.

"truism" doesnt make it right, thats exactly the type of thinking that has trini in such a state we accpet the wrong things and shun the right unless its actually hurting you directly, plus i highly doubt i could get away with making inferneces like his on here, why bother eh? we like it so!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
"truism" doesnt make it right, thats exactly the type of thinking that has trini in such a state we accpet the wrong things and shun the right unless its actually hurting you directly, plus i highly doubt i could get away with making inferneces like his on here, why bother eh? we like it so!

Gunner, merely accusing a system of racism doesn't make one a racist - simple. 

As you imply by your last part, I agree that some racial groups are afforded more leniency in being outspoken about racial discrimination -that in it itself is a function of society's ("reverse")-racist perspective. We could talk forever about why that is so... but that point is distinct and separate from what Ricky "might" have said...

I agree with Feliz though, I think Ricky mentioned his skin colour as a matter of fact...  Ricky is a real cool fella and if yuh follow his posts, yuh would see that he doh push dem kinda head on the forum...by the way...Where is Ricky? I eh see a post from him in a while. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »

You's ah kinda emotional backside or what?  Anybody say anything "right"??  Ricky comment on something that is factual... what part of that you having trouble with?  Whether he was accurate in chalking up Birchall's situation to color-based favoritism is another matter, but colorism is alive and well in Trinidad.  If you don't believe it just look at Tribe modlels and masqueraders.  And before yuh start talking about man speculating... trust me, I'm not.  If yuh want more information on that feel free to hit me up offline... one of the reasons I would never even so much as spit in Tribe direction.

You talking about you "highly doubt you could get away with making "inferences like that" and what not.  From that I take it that yuh white... until yuh implied it I would have never known, nor would have most here, because simply put, no one cares.  But this explains a lot, it explains why you find it so hard to accept the truth that Trini society favors people of your ethnicity.  Doh kill de messengers.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »
None so blind as those who will not see.....

So years ago back in de days of post primary there were two fellas who were fourteen nearing fifteen. So out of concern meh fadder started to use he contacts to try to find these two fellas a job. It so happened one was black and the other white. So finally he link them up with a Printer. He took both went down to the printer where they took a written test. It so happened that they scored equally on the test. So days later the Printer contacted him and guess which one he chose.......reason being he had a better handwriting.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
None so blind as those who will not see.....

So years ago back in de days of post primary there were two fellas who were fourteen nearing fifteen. So out of concern meh fadder started to use he contacts to try to find these two fellas a job. It so happened one was black and the other white. So finally he link them up with a Printer. He took both went down to the printer where they took a written test. It so happened that they scored equally on the test. So days later the Printer contacted him and guess which one he chose.......reason being he had a better handwriting.
if I was the white one I wouldn't have gotten the job

1]; } ?>