April 27, 2024, 04:35:50 AM

Author Topic: Whatever happened to Seabra?  (Read 27739 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Whatever happened to Seabra?
« on: June 29, 2005, 09:32:26 PM »
not to long ago it had a whole setta hype for him.all of a sudden yuh cyah hear anything about him. he still playin for connection? can anyone tell me if he got his passport.

by the way , another question. how was birchall  able to acquire  a passport so fast.was he already a citizen?ah know is plenty questions but i dont know where else to get this info. thanks in advance allyuh.
bless!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:14:58 AM by Tallman »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: whatever happened to Seabra?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:40:38 PM »
Queen, Andre and Touches and the Trini posse may be better to answer this but Seabra eh gettin throu with he passport so like he/they give up.  He still dey at connection (i think)
Birchall get his do fast casue his mother is a born white Trini so he get if from she. (by law you can get a trini passport if your parents are Trini)  Seabra has no blood ties to the Island so that why they making him go through the due process, which i think is crap

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 05:38:44 AM »
Seabra has a good work ethic, but nothing special. he cant make this team and not up to International level.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 06:13:14 AM »
seabra is a good player, i saw him play for connection a couple of times.he get the passport and residental status and can play for the warriors in friendlys and regional competition but according to the minister of sport in order to play on the international scene, WCQ and WC he needs to get citizenship and thats a seven year wait after getting residential status although he is living in trini 5 years now.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 06:42:43 AM »
As I've said before on this forum, T&T laws regarding citizenship are border-line prehistoric. If it was the US or England he would have been allowed to play. Also most countries allow people to claim citizenship through granparents. Nathan Ellington of Wigan Athletic, who'll now be in the EPL has a Trini grandmother, he can't play for us because of those rules. I think Seabra is good enough to make the squad though, maybe not the starting 11 but good work ethic is probably the most important criteria for Leo.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 07:33:31 AM »
Allyuh watching this scenario from a football perspective but u missing the bigger issue here. Why must we change our constitution for a decent (not great) brazilian ? iSeabra has no claim to citizenship whereas Birchall has a  trinidadian parent. Even in Seabra's case if the laws were changed to accept grandparents it won't help him. If we allow Seabra citizenship just to play after being here 5 years, how can we then deny every grenadian, vincentian, venezuelan and guyanese who in the country already citizenship just to ply their trade on the street corner? We can't..it becomes illegal. U can't start making exceptions for no real reason because every government down the line will use Seabra as an excuse to make who they want citizens. Imagine when UNC back in power and every up and coming Bollywood star becomes citizens  because they can add to the culture? Or people who cah make India, pakistan, sri lanka or bangladesh cricket side but feel they have a chance with the windies. Qatar started that shite with handing out citizenship to brazilians in their league after a couple of seasons and Fifa stepped in. Besides, they could afford to house all those foreigners...we can't. Is not just about football and the national team, ppl...

Of course, if it was Ronaldinho it woulda be different... ;D
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:03:35 AM »
Allyuh watching this scenario from a football perspective but u missing the bigger issue here. Why must we change our constitution for a decent (not great) brazilian ? iSeabra has no claim to citizenship whereas Birchall has a  trinidadian parent. Even in Seabra's case if the laws were changed to accept grandparents it won't help him. If we allow Seabra citizenship just to play after being here 5 years, how can we then deny every grenadian, vincentian, venezuelan and guyanese who in the country already citizenship just to ply their trade on the street corner? We can't..it becomes illegal. U can't start making exceptions for no real reason because every government down the line will use Seabra as an excuse to make who they want citizens. Imagine when UNC back in power and every up and coming Bollywood star becomes citizens  because they can add to the culture? Or people who cah make India, pakistan, sri lanka or bangladesh cricket side but feel they have a chance with the windies. Qatar started that shite with handing out citizenship to brazilians in their league after a couple of seasons and Fifa stepped in. Besides, they could afford to house all those foreigners...we can't. Is not just about football and the national team, ppl...

Of course, if it was Ronaldinho it woulda be different... ;D
This is the best explanation i've read for this situation with Seabra,it makes a lot of sense,if you look at what's going on with Jason Scotland and all these guys,it's not all Football there are laws that govern countries.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 08:12:42 AM »
I've said before on this forum, T&T laws regarding citizenship are border-line prehistoric. If it was the US or England he would have been allowed to play

damm right bredrin does trinidad have an immigrant problems like the usa england etc llook how fast they  kerron clement,freddy etc get citizenship .Minster of national security say it will send a wrong message and all that crap them fools
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 09:02:38 AM »
I was in T&T for carnival and saw Seabra play 2 games... I found nothing special. W Connection and National team  2 different things...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 09:03:42 AM »
Spideybuff......take a round of applause breds.

Good explaination.

Seabra could play in fact he is very useful but on the occasions he suit up for TT and he played in various positions under Bertille he didnt look good.

He get the Copa Caribe to show his stuff as well and was ordinary. I think his performances in the red shirt didnt help his cause, but he does look good when playing for W connection.

The Laws may need changing yes but the pros do not outweigh the cons in this situation.

Also for those who crying about players..........yuh cant lorse what you never had.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 09:07:24 AM »
If we allow Seabra citizenship just to play after being here 5 years, how can we then deny every grenadian, vincentian, venezuelan and guyanese who in the country already citizenship just to ply their trade on the street corner? We can't..it becomes illegal.

Americans have some of the toughest immigration laws, yet if it is in 'National Interest' they make exceptions and so can we. Also, my parents and older sister are born VINCENTIANS , I'm a born Trini and they are Trini to the bone just as me. They've all made and continue to make a very valuable contribution to T&Tand much more than the average born citizen. Mexico, Germany, Angola, Portugal, Japan have Brazilians palying for them, the point I'm making is that the laws are inadequate, Seabra isn't Deco (Portugal), Kevin Kuranyi (Germany), Zihna Naelson (Mexico) but he can make a contribution to the team as he's a good player, he's not a Latapy but he can play and can match most of the players in our midfield. Also, my grandfather was born on Nesbit, Northumberland, England and thus I would be able to get a British passport with absolutely no problems, what makes T&T anymore special.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 09:16:33 AM »
Jayerson.....why open up a can of worms for an average squad player?

It doesnt seem to be in the "National Interest" now does it.

Alright lemme stop beating around the bush..........He ent good enough and worth it to the TT team. He not displacing anybody and he is not worth the headache the politicians have to deal with when people start to kick up fuss.

Thats why we have antiquated rules and we not breaking them for nuttin less than a Latapy or Maradonna. ;D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 09:19:36 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 09:28:30 AM »
never see the man play but it seems from reports in the forum that we making fuss over a 38 yr old hound? how old is he.
even if the laws old and are nonense-and we agree to change it how long would it take? would it be quickly enough to include seabra and help the team in this campaign?

Question though if it was a player like ronaldinho-would any of us be saying the law is the law and no change?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 09:30:35 AM »
Jayerson.....why open up a can of worms for an average squad player?

It doesnt seem to be in the "National Interest" now does it.

I would concede that Seabra isn't anything special, no one can claim he is however if the situation was to arise that someone of quality was to come along then we'd be in the same situation, I wasn't making the point for Seabra, I was making the point about the situation. I saw his game against Azerbaijan, he looked ordinary and I didn't know what all the hoopla was about but my opinion is that the rules are outdated. His situation wasn't all I was commenting about, I think if you have a Trini Grandparent you should be able to play for Trinidad and that is not the case. Based on form, wouldn't Nathan Ellington be able to make the T&T team?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 09:34:11 AM »
what makes T&T anymore special.
Every country is entitled to adjust their laws to suit whatever they want,look Canada just yesterday approved Gay marriage does that make it right,would you like to adjust our laws to suit that?and by the way WE ARE SPECIAL.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 09:52:34 AM »
what makes T&T anymore special.
Every country is entitled to adjust their laws to suit whatever they want,look Canada just yesterday approved Gay marriage does that make it right,would you like to adjust our laws to suit that?and by the way WE ARE SPECIAL.

Bro, I meant special in the context of Immigration laws, gay marriages & morality has nothing to with Immigration Laws & Sports, you're taking my comment and taking out of context like a London Tabloid. But what the hell, gay marriages are now legal in Canada. If I didn't think Trinidad was special I would have migrated to Britain like a lot of my relatives.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 10:25:23 AM »
seabra is a good player, i see him for connection and de man good, but for de national team, he shit down heself!

the only ting he have going for him is de fact that bertile st clair is ah sh*t hound and didnt use him properly and that he is ah left footer and we real short in that department.

but in any case, the PNM eh going and do anything for Jack Warner and it is a simple case of that.  Immigration laws or not, exceptions have been made in the past, so dey coulda do it if dey want!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 10:49:45 AM »
i think between de politics with Jack and PNM and de fact that Seabra aint Russell Latapy that case aint goin nowhere.  If he was Russell Latapy, not even PNM could stop he gettin he business straight.
Doh play with Jack, Jack run Things.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 08:26:58 PM »
The Politics Getting in the way. If Jack was PNM - Seabra would be a citizen today. Small mindedness. We major in Minors and think we are first world. Just look at what USA dowith talented foreign players- ADu is a case in point.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 09:18:27 PM »
As I said I saw him in the 2 Haiti games and he did not look that good, I was told he was carrying an injury by the man sitting next to me, but I dont know how true that is..... I honestly cyah see him making the team under Beenhaker...
I have seen many players who perform very well for their clubs, but that does not mean they can perform on the national stage.. Club and National colours is 2 different kettle a fish...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 12:41:23 AM »

Steupse...keep the prehistoric laws while the rest of the world leaves us behind.
Go ask people on the street who know bout the man story if they think he deserving of citizenship.  So it takes how much....13 years to become a citizen?  And we talking bout brain drain.

CSME coming and we have these dotish laws.  You would think we would be trying to get our house in order considering the major changes on the global stage but saw what.  Let every country plunder our youth away from us while we fight to keep useful people away out of lazyness.

carry on.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 10:21:01 AM »

They ready to take the Jason Scotland thing to the Scottish parliament.
All this for just a squad player eh.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2005, 12:09:12 PM »
amazing to see how people think we dont need players anymore, just because we lost 2-0 to mexico. seabra is a good player from what ive read of his connection games. and apparantly his natl call cups, he played hurt, and you cant really judge a guy from a couple games cuz hes playing with new people,coaches,system, nervousnes. if he was eligible(and he should be) he shuld be called up next time around beenie looking at new players.
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2005, 12:30:13 PM »
amazing to see how people think we dont need players anymore, just because we lost 2-0 to mexico. seabra is a good player from what ive read of his connection games. and apparantly his natl call cups, he played hurt, and you cant really judge a guy from a couple games cuz hes playing with new people,coaches,system, nervousnes. if he was eligible(and he should be) he shuld be called up next time around beenie looking at new players.

He not eligible.  Leh we put de Seabra talk to ress nah.

Lawd man....how much time man have to post T&T citizenship rules fuh some people to get it?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 01:47:35 PM »

He not eligible.  Leh we put de Seabra talk to ress nah.

Lawd man....how much time man have to post T&T citizenship rules fuh some people to get it?

well said................talk done!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 03:27:04 PM »
fine story done but lets not have people here talk as if he played his way off the side
Hart for president

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 08:25:01 AM »
but trinima pointah litle valid..we give triniamn ah passpor..why not seabra?  at least seabra like woman and married and living in trinidad...triniman cyar even steups ;D ;D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 12:21:35 PM »
but trinima pointah litle valid..we give triniamn ah passpor..why not seabra?  at least seabra like woman and married and living in trinidad...triniman cyar even steups ;D ;D

lollolololololol

alyuh does real crack me up ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2005, 06:56:26 AM »
football king......he is 30yrs old
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2005, 07:31:45 AM »
I've said before on this forum, T&T laws regarding citizenship are border-line prehistoric. If it was the US or England he would have been allowed to play

damm right bredrin does trinidad have an immigrant problems like the usa england etc llook how fast they  kerron clement,freddy etc get citizenship .Minster of national security say it will send a wrong message and all that crap them fools

My friend (and Jayerson as well)...Freddy Adu's mother won the lottery and got her citizenship and kerron Clemen't's mother had american citizenship. If either was the case for Seabra, he would play. I don't understand how you can say the laws regarding citizenship are pre-historic in our country compared to others. I in the states 6 years, i not eligible to play for the US(or even work here legally) because i have no family ties. same with seabra...so how their laws more davanced than others? Besides, the States and the UK are economically more developed and able to handle the influx of immigrants...Trinidad is not. Contrary to popular belief, we are still a third world country and for all the oil money we supposed to have a recent report state that more than half the country under the poverty level. Stop thinking like a fan coz this goes beyond the boundary.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>