April 27, 2024, 02:38:06 AM

Author Topic: Whatever happened to Seabra?  (Read 27735 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: whatever happened to Seabra?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2005, 08:13:25 AM »
boss freddy adu mother won a lottery and her family got a green card to go to the U.S .freddy adu only receive citizenship just before the under 17 qualifying round
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 08:14:13 AM »
 those seeking to immigrate to the United States, winning the official USA Green Card Lottery can be a life changing experience. Every year, Green Card winners come to the United States to flourish as part of the USA, a country where success stories are born.

A recent success story is that of Freddy Adu, the talented 13-year old soccer prodigy from Ghana, whose mother won the official USA Green Card Lottery five years ago. Wanting her son to prosper in a climate that offered structure and support, Freddy's family chose to live in Potomac, Maryland where her son's talents were quickly spotted by a local soccer scouts. Now, Freddy's doing more than just making goals. Sportswear giant NIKE has signed him to a reported $1 million dollar endorsement contract. Thanks to the official USA Green Card Lottery win, he's on his way. With the official support from the US Government and the Green Card Lottery USA Association, you can also live and work in the USA.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2005, 09:20:35 AM »

My friend (and Jayerson as well)...Freddy Adu's mother won the lottery and got her citizenship and kerron Clemen't's mother had american citizenship. If either was the case for Seabra, he would play. I don't understand how you can say the laws regarding citizenship are pre-historic in our country compared to others. I in the states 6 years, i not eligible to play for the US(or even work here legally) because i have no family ties. same with seabra...so how their laws more davanced than others? Besides, the States and the UK are economically more developed and able to handle the influx of immigrants...Trinidad is not. Contrary to popular belief, we are still a third world country and for all the oil money we supposed to have a recent report state that more than half the country under the poverty level. Stop thinking like a fan coz this goes beyond the boundary.

Spideybuff, probably because you're in the U.S for so long you don't know of the brain drain going on in Trinidad, in the last 6 months I've had four friends and a sister who left T&T to live & work elsewhere, each having at least a degree and some with MBAs. Most got work permits and residential status for their destination without leaving the country or just after one trip, brain drain is a real problem in T&T moreso than in the past. My point was for national interest, and in a number of times the U.S MNT has gotten players to become citizens with absolutely no ties to the country, I remember there was one French guy (at least French speaking) that could barely speak English and didn't have an American wife and got his passport and was playing for them. Essentially the point that I was making is that there must be a facility to make 'excpetions' under the 'guise' (if you ant to call it that) of national interest. It is obvious to anyone that's aware of the situation in T&T to realise not every Tom, Dick & Harrypersad can come in and get residential and citizenship status, that would be down right silly, however there must be a facility where for the benefit of the wider community and national good there is a fast track for the above mentioned to transpire. The argument is not for Seabra, I can't vouch for his quality but if there was a player of really good, also, I also spoke of allowing persons with a Trini grandparents being granted citizenship. We are a third world country a you pointed out but in a rapidly shrinking global economy tweaking some of the laws, most of which are outdated are a pre-requisite for attaining vision 2020.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2005, 09:39:32 AM »

Exactly Jayerson.
But u know how it is back home.  It have to have some spectacular specific case to get things started else everything remains the same.
Seabra not good enough to be the spectacular case for them to hinge it on.....so it remains the same until some other case come up....doh even bound to be sports.  People fraid we opening the borders as if CSME is in a 100 years from now.

But as they say...talk done cuz we like it so.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2005, 10:08:49 AM »
Jayerson...where them get jobs ? I have a masters and need one but this work permit thing giving me horrors...link a fellow warrior fan, nah !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2005, 09:30:35 AM »
I remember there was one French guy (at least French speaking) that could barely speak English and didn't have an American wife and got his passport and was playing for them.

I AM SORRY BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER ANY CASE LIKE THAT CAN ANYONE HELP?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »
neither can i unless is david regis? but his wife was american as far as i remember

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2005, 10:02:39 AM »
It was David Regis, a frenchman who at the time had recently married an American woman,  (Jayerson is mostaken) thus becoming a naturalised citizen and so becoming eligible to play for the U.S.  His citizenship was expedited (to allow him to play in the World Cup) as there exists a law which allows this once there is a substantial national interest or benefit to the USA, but he would have received his citizenship anyway, because of his marriage.

I should also point out that getting a work permit (or residency) and citizenship are two completely different things, the latter will not be granted in the US without some family connection, or maintaining residence for a number of years.  Similar laws to many other countries.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago Government
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 12:12:57 PM »
Is ah pack ah a$$holes.

How could they justify not giving Seabra citizenship as yet? This man has been living and playing here in Trinidad, and looks like he will never leave. WQe are in desperate need of left footed players, and he is probably the best one in the country.

It's a shame.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whatever happen to the Brazilian ?
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2005, 05:48:41 AM »
Somebody help me here. During the gold cup qualifiers in Barbados, TT had a Brazilian form Connection playing on the left side of midfield or defense, he looked pretty solid. What happen, he get drop, injured or what ?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:11:59 AM by Tallman »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happen to the Brazilian ?
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2005, 05:56:30 AM »
Could not make the switch to International Football. Ordinary- not worth the effort

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2005, 06:01:24 AM »
Could not make the switch to International Football. Ordinary- not worth the effort

Any Brazilian who leaves Brazil to play semi-professional football in the Caribbean must be very ordinary.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2005, 06:05:18 AM »
How much money these people does make in we league, more than CEPEP ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2005, 06:17:09 AM »
How much money these people does make in we league, more than CEPEP ?

Football is not viable in the Caribbean, as there is virtually no income to be derived from gate reciepts. In JAmaica, the most you'll ever get for a NPL game is 10,000 max when Arnett faces Tivoli, or Harbor View faces Waterhouse. Even in Central America its typical to see 30,000 watching a game between Marathon and Olympia in the Honduran Leagues. Salries paid in the T&T Pro League is not significantly better than those paid by the top Jamaican clubs, an dthe difference is based purely on economics. I suspect the poorest pro team in Brazil may be better off finincially than most of the richer clubs in Jamaica orTrinidad.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2005, 06:41:17 AM »
Somebody help me here. During the gold cup qualifiers in Barbados, TT had a Brazilian form Connection playing on the left side of midfield or defense, he looked pretty solid. What happen, he get drop, injured or what ?

He simply was not able to secure the passport required to eligible to play for the warriors in the world cup qualifiers.

I dont know about him being ordinary, he is a good player and has a gem of a left foot.

With respect to the salaries, the TTproleague pays and treats its premier players well.  clubs in trinidad are heavily sponsored by the private sector due to the tax breaks that they acquire hence there is no dependence on gate receipts as in Jamaica. 

to say that de brazilians that play for us in the proleague arent good is a stupid statement since W conn went to brazil and had screening sessions with over 100 players from different areas!  Players who come here came with the realisation that it is easier for them to get into europe via trinidad as opposed to being in brazil. 

Money is also derived from the selling of players since Wconn is the primary exporter of players in this country.  selling its players to clubs in china, japan england and even in bulgaria.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2005, 06:44:04 AM »
Players who come here came with the realisation that it is easier for them to get into europe via trinidad as opposed to being in brazil. 

Andre Samuel, expand on that point if you get a chance.......thanks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:33:43 AM by Tallman »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2005, 07:24:38 AM »
It could very well be that he is using Trinidad as a route into Europe....but he could make a decent living playing professional football in the land of soccer.

Professionall football and private sponsorship goes hand in hand. Thats how it is around the world. But the man in teh street plays a bigger role in the success of tehteams, and the sucess of the league in general.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Seabra?
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2005, 07:43:38 AM »
For kicker

Wconn and other trinidad clubs have better history and better links to the european market than lower division brazilian clubs. 

for example, a player with say "level 8" ability from trinidad has a better chance of making it into europe than a"level 8"  player from brazil. 

Wconn markets its players more than any other proleague team (and by the way reggae fan, our league is professional, not semi pro) and is in the habit of bringing in players and selling them for profit and using the money to further develop the club's player resources!

Many players in the propleague enjoy comfortable lifestyles as footbalers.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2005, 11:30:38 AM »
to say that de brazilians that play for us in the proleague arent good is a stupid statement since W conn went to brazil and had screening sessions with over 100 players from different areas! Players who come here came with the realisation that it is easier for them to get into europe via trinidad as opposed to being in brazil.

you may have a point, but have you any idea how many soccer players there are in Brazil? To assume you will definitely get a decent Brazilian player from a sample of 100 or even 1,000 is a joke. Even you admitted later that they primarily come from the lower leagues. Sure they are decent by Trinidadian standards, but by Brazilian standards and world standards they are ordinary (I am not saying they are terrible...just nothing special)...If they were actually good, I can guarantee you they would not be playing in TnT, regardless of the transfer opportunities. Furthermore, the transfers are to mediocre clubs.......
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 01:19:31 PM by Tallman »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2005, 12:00:30 PM »
For kicker

Wconn and other trinidad clubs have better history and better links to the european market than lower division brazilian clubs. 

for example, a player with say "level 8" ability from trinidad has a better chance of making it into europe than a"level 8"  player from brazil. 

Wconn markets its players more than any other proleague team (and by the way reggae fan, our league is professional, not semi pro) and is in the habit of bringing in players and selling them for profit and using the money to further develop the club's player resources!

Many players in the propleague enjoy comfortable lifestyles as footbalers.

I really dunno how comfortable their lifestyles are considering that they are not going to play past the age of 30 and don't have any pension. So I think you have to reassess your opinion of a "comfortable lifestyle"
I would also like to know where you get your information that backs up your statement that a player in Trinidad of similar ability to a player in Brazil has a better chance of going to Europe.
Just because WC does it better than any other local team does not mean that they do it better than Brazilian teams.
Please provide evidence supporting this statement
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 02:29:29 PM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2005, 12:46:16 PM »
Everybody get props for making good points,in particular spideys comments,but doh get confuse if yuh hear the horse out the gate,yuh see despite the  laws and rules that govern they were meant to broken if it suits there purpose.In seabras case ah doh tink so,maybe the likes of a beckham or the great maradona in his day........

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2005, 01:28:24 PM »
Just because WC does it better than any other local team does not mean that they do it better than Brazilian teams.
Please provide evidence supporting this statement

Again, the most affluent pro team in the Caribbean (JAmaica, Trinidad and anyone else with a semi-pr league) is nowhere near as financially stable as the poorest pro team in say Brazil. We cannot even compare W COnnection or Harbor View with an A-League team in the USA or Canada where football is not as well supported as it is in Brazil. W connection wasnt even around 10 years ago, so Idont know how the poster came o the logic that a Brazilain playing in Trinidad is more marketable than that same Brazilian playing in Brazil. Even right her ein CONCACAF, teams such as communicaciones of Guatemala, Saprissa of Costa Rica etc are mega-rich. The standards in these leagues are of high quality. I believe Saprissa is owned by a Millionaire Mexican, the same guy who owns Chivas Guadalajara.  These teams have good fan base. To be truely professional, I believe fan support is very important. There is a reason why Borgetti is the first Mexican to play pro football in the EPL....most Mexicans are content at playing their ball in Mexico, as they are well taken care of financially. Its fo rthe same reason whyyou find very few Mexicans playing in MLS, as MLS salaries are nowhere near MFL salaries. Fan support for teams plays a big role in this. Many South AMericans ply their trade in the Mexican league, where salaries are better than those in say Argentina.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 01:34:28 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
Good post Reggaefan. I usually disagree with everything you say, but this time I must concur.
Thanks for the insight.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2005, 02:45:04 PM »
jabloteh is technically owned by a billionaire but instead of washing them with money he stands back and lets the club attempt to run its own business like a club should and only steps in when they need him to it seems. i dont believe that w.connection has anyway near the type of money that jabloteh could get if they wanted to and they pay their players very well and can do better if they want to. they also sold many players in fact collin samuel, aurtis whitley, cyd gray, angus eve, daurance williams, hector sam, cornell glen they all from jabloteh.

but jabloteh has no brazillian players ( i dont know if they ever had) and i think they try to focus on bringing through young football talent of trinidadian origin with a few sprinkling of foreigners which i think is a bloody good thing. they end up having the most players of any professional team in trinidad on the local national team at any level.

thats one reason why i support jabloteh so much cause i reckon that they do so much for local talent.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2005, 06:13:41 PM »
jabloteh is technically owned by a billionaire but instead of washing them with money he stands back and lets the club attempt to run its own business like a club should and only steps in when they need him to it seems. i dont believe that w.connection has anyway near the type of money that jabloteh could get if they wanted to and they pay their players very well and can do better if they want to. they also sold many players in fact collin samuel, aurtis whitley, cyd gray, angus eve, daurance williams, hector sam, cornell glen they all from jabloteh.

but jabloteh has no brazillian players ( i dont know if they ever had) and i think they try to focus on bringing through young football talent of trinidadian origin with a few sprinkling of foreigners which i think is a bloody good thing. they end up having the most players of any professional team in trinidad on the local national team at any level.

thats one reason why i support jabloteh so much cause i reckon that they do so much for local talent.

Who is the Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Dont tell me is a Trini Billionaire, because I doubt there are any really rich men (by international standrads) in the Caribbean today. Last time I check Micheal Lee chin and Butch Stewart (both Jamaicans) were the richest men in the region. I dont think either of them worth US$50 Million on their own (I may be wrong here). So who is the Trini Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Whats the source of his wealth?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh owner
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2005, 06:23:25 PM »
Who is the Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Dont tell me is a Trini Billionaire, because I doubt there are any really rich men (by international standrads) in the Caribbean today. Last time I check Micheal Lee chin and Butch Stewart (both Jamaicans) were the richest men in the region. I dont think either of them worth US$50 Million on their own (I may be wrong here). So who is the Trini Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Whats the source of his wealth?

He is talking about Lawrence Duprey, the Executive Chairman of CL Financial Limited. Last year they had US$3.5 billion in sales.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2005, 08:10:18 PM »
I could have 3.5 billion in sales if my expenses were 5 billion.
Don't quote sales as a measure of someone's worth please.
That could be misleading.
Use a different metric.
I know Duprey probably have real money though. He might actually be a billionaire. But is he  on Forbes' list?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 08:12:32 PM by Marcos »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2005, 08:14:33 PM »
I just checked and he isn't on Forbes' list. That doesn't necessarily mean he isn't though, just that ppl don't know about his wealth.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Duprey
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2005, 08:24:50 PM »
I could have 3.5 billion in sales if my expenses were 5 billion.
Don't quote sales as a measure of someone's worth please.
That could be misleading.
Use a different metric.

It was not given as a measure of his worth, it was given as a measure of the size of the company.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2005, 08:48:06 PM »
Duprey is small fry compared to Lee chin and butch stewart.

1]; } ?>