March 28, 2024, 07:03:17 PM

Author Topic: Whatever happened to Seabra?  (Read 27515 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Seabra?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2005, 06:30:43 AM »
I'd be shocked if Duprey was a US billionaire........does he have any daughters ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence Duprey
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2005, 07:31:41 AM »
I could have 3.5 billion in sales if my expenses were 5 billion.
Don't quote sales as a measure of someone's worth please.
That could be misleading.
Use a different metric.

It was not given as a measure of his worth, it was given as a measure of the size of the company.

good point.
i think ppl may have gotten the wrong impression though
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2005, 07:36:50 AM »
Duprey is small fry compared to Lee chin and butch stewart.

Trini dont be an ass nah...... does Stewart or Chin own a football club.... we taking about Jabloteh and how much they have... go to they page on this site and read de report when they played Arnett Gardens 2 years ago in Jamaica....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2005, 08:51:50 AM »

Who is the Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Dont tell me is a Trini Billionaire, because I doubt there are any really rich men (by international standrads) in the Caribbean today. Last time I check Micheal Lee chin and Butch Stewart (both Jamaicans) were the richest men in the region. I dont think either of them worth US$50 Million on their own (I may be wrong here). So who is the Trini Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Whats the source of his wealth?

by de way reggaefan, de richest man in the caribbean is ANTHONY SABGA!! Lawrence Duprey is also very wealthy.  both these men are multi millionares, but Sabga is the richest in the caribbean by far.

Asking me to prove that is like asking me to prove that yellow and blue makes green without any yellow and blue markers!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2005, 09:11:07 AM »

Who is the Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Dont tell me is a Trini Billionaire, because I doubt there are any really rich men (by international standrads) in the Caribbean today. Last time I check Micheal Lee chin and Butch Stewart (both Jamaicans) were the richest men in the region. I dont think either of them worth US$50 Million on their own (I may be wrong here). So who is the Trini Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Whats the source of his wealth?

by de way reggaefan, de richest man in the caribbean is ANTHONY SABGA!! Lawrence Duprey is also very wealthy.  both these men are multi millionares, but Sabga is the richest in the caribbean by far.

Asking me to prove that is like asking me to prove that yellow and blue makes green without any yellow and blue markers!!

OK! but by just stating that he is the richest man in the Caribbean is not really doing much to support your claim. Whats the source of his wealth? Whats his net worth? I know Butch is Super Rich, owing mainly to his world famous chain of hotels plus other interests. Lee-Chin owns an international bank AIG. You may have heard the name Butch Stewart before, but I have never heard the name Sabgo used in Caribbean circles, and perhaps other forumites here will saythe same too. Let us know some more about Sabga.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 09:13:37 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anthony Sabga
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2005, 09:18:34 AM »
Let us know some more about Sabga.

Anthony Sabga is the founder of the ANSA McAl Group of Companies.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »
Last time I check Micheal Lee chin and Butch Stewart (both Jamaicans) were the richest men in the region. So who is the Trini Billionaire that owns Jabloteh? Whats the source of his wealth?

Like allyuh never hear bout the contract dem Fabien brothers did sign wid Courts and Mauby Fizz or what? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Butch who? and Sabga who? Look duh mek meh laugh nah.......
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:06:53 AM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2005, 09:53:49 AM »
I think the CL Financial Group of Companies is the richest group in the caribbean.. By Extension, Mr L Duprey is de richest Son Of  biach in the Caribbean.. And No Jokey money!.......
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2005, 11:16:07 AM »
this is about rich men who own or technically own football clubs in the caribbean. i only know of one - i.e Duprey . his club Jabloteh does a lot for young local talent in trinidad. i dont know if Butch Stewart and Lee Chin spend a cent on football in Jamaica

Duprey even owns a stake in Burn Stewart Distilleries in scotland which owns 10% of Rangers FC so there you go . he doesnt have to be on Forbes list there are many billionaires not on that list so that is not surprising

i don't think it is even in doubt that Duprey is a TT billionaire and US multimillionaire ( at least) given that his company owns so much in oil and gas (we all know the price for oil and gas right now) and banks like republic bank and so on he must be by far the wealthiest owner of a football club in the caribbean region ( like a roman abramovich if you wish but he is not really like that in terms of involvement) .

i think he can do like roman and play more of a part in the day to day but that does not seem to be his style. is that a good thing or a bad thing? I dont know but the club keeps its head above water.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2005, 11:16:22 AM »
Stick to the facts fellas...not your intuition.

Not one person from the caribbean qualified as a billionaire in Forbe's world billionaire list in 2005. Not a single man or woman has a net worth of over $1BN US. If you don't know how net worth is calculated then cool it and doh come back at me with how much money a man or his company makes...we talking personal net worth and there is lil' something called debt that you must factor in.

According to the CIA world factbook the 5 richest countries in the caribbean according to GDP per capita are 1) the Bahamas, 2) Barbados, 3) Antigua and Barbuda, 4) TnT, 5) St Kitts and Nevis

The richest man with caribbean roots is Jamaican Michael Lee chin worth $2.4BN US. Born in Jamaica but now resides in Canada where he made his fortune.

I have no facts on Sabga or any other of these individuals....but neither do you. So end the discussion until you have the numbers.... :devil:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2005, 11:24:51 AM »
Lee Chin does not own AIG don’t lie Reggaefan I work for AIG and it’s a insurance company not a bank..
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2005, 11:28:24 AM »
Lee Chin does not own AIG don’t lie Reggaefan I work for AIG and it’s a insurance company not a bank..

He must be talking bout de franchise in JA...cuz AIG is a global company.

Is like saying a man own KFC when he just own the franchise in St. James.

Filho...absence of information does not discount Duprey in this convo....your Forbes list has little interest in doing much investigation in the Caribbean or does it?
If allyuh find that info I want to know!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2005, 11:31:58 AM »
These guys probably are woth a lot more than forbes suggests too cuz forbes doesn't know the details of everyone's accounts. They only estimate.
There could be a trini billionaire if he hid his money.
All trini billionaire would be frighten to publish their finances now anyway for fear of being kidnapped.
All kinda thousandaire gettin kidnapped these days.
Good ting i coolin it as a hundredaire.
i safe

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:33:44 AM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2005, 11:37:32 AM »
Forbes can never have an accurate list because in many countries  you don't have to state your net worth.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2005, 11:38:57 AM »
Fellas in this internet era, before making jokes or dissing anybody on de site check all de facts first.  In this case, simply Google de man for de facts.

Well, Lee Chin is large, on a global stage.  Okay Reggaefan made a simple mistake it is not AIG but AIC.  Doh kill him on that.

A small link for Lee Chin (go to "About Us" and read de man story).

http://www.aic.com/en/main/home.asp?Disp=http%3A//www.aic.com/en/main/home_investor.asp
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2005, 11:45:09 AM »
excellent points...many men doh have to disclose, so the list is inconclusive, but they do monitor the caribbean and what they call 'developing nations'.

in the end, these are the only stats you can use. like i said...i doh have no facts on Sabga and co....so we wasting time on this petty argument

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2005, 02:19:09 PM »
check the thread .....this point was never about who is the richest man in the caribbean, it was always about which club in the caribbean is sufficiently well off ( or can call on a sugar daddy to help it out) to compete with other clubs in central america and the usa and so on and those who have to hunt brazillian talent and sell players to stay profitable etc

in the end (unless tallman or somebody who knows tells me differently), Duprey is the only 'money-man' with a direct interest in a caribbean football club ( i wont mention his indirect ownership of rangers fc again like i did down below)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2005, 03:03:14 PM »
check the thread .....this point was never about who is the richest man in the caribbean, it was always about which club in the caribbean is sufficiently well off ( or can call on a sugar daddy to help it out) to compete with other clubs in central america and the usa and so on and those who have to hunt brazillian talent and sell players to stay profitable etc

in the end (unless tallman or somebody who knows tells me differently), Duprey is the only 'money-man' with a direct interest in a caribbean football club ( i wont mention his indirect ownership of rangers fc again like i did down below)

Good point there...Somehow the point of the debate got lost in the barrage of follow up posts. 

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »
So then which is the richest club in the Caribbean?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2005, 07:21:41 AM »
So then which is the richest club in the Caribbean?

Well, Since the Big Trini company owns Jabloteh, then you have to conclude that Jabloteh is the richest football club possibly in CONCACAF, seeing that the owner is a Billionaire  :devil:

I recall some time ago, about 2 years to be exact, a Haitian team called Violet played agaianst Arnete Gardens. Looking at the players, andteh coach, who was a former Brazilian, I thought to myslef that they must have some serious dollars to be able to afford a Brazilian coach. I think the name of teh coach was Torres or something to that effect. Also, there were a few White Brazilian players and a Ghanian player I belive on teh Haitian team.

Point I'm making here is that The Caribbean is not limitedto Jamaica and Trinidad. I believe there is some money in the Haitiangame, and something tells me that club football is better supported ther ethan in Jamaica, an dby extension, Trinidad.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 07:23:19 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2005, 10:51:53 AM »
Allyuh straying from the topic,the subject is not who is the riches man in the caribbean but about seabra,get back on track. 

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2005, 10:58:15 AM »
Allyuh straying from the topic,the subject is not who is the riches man in the caribbean but about seabra,get back on track. 

The discussion relates to football, doesnt it? Seabra didnt qualify for a Trini passport, hence he is not able to play for T&T. Not much more to say other than that. He did represent T&T in a few games, so obviously, its not a matter of him not good enough.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2005, 11:14:42 AM »

If Seabra had apply for residency when he first came he would've been closer to getting citizenship which is required to play in WCQ. 
He only just apply for residency and thus could play in the Digicel (even though B'dos try to challenge that) but the 7 years after u get residency only now start.

Only an executive move can grant him citizenship but the government has no motive to do such.  If he had look a lil different or was from a different place who knows   :devil:

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2005, 11:30:14 AM »

The discussion relates to football, doesnt it? Seabra didnt qualify for a Trini passport, hence he is not able to play for T&T. Not much more to say other than that. He did represent T&T in a few games, so obviously, its not a matter of him not good enough.

It may still be a matter of if he is good enough, if is one thing we can do in Trini is pull strings, so while he may be good enough to make the team for some games, but not good enough for Jack and dem to pull the right strings to get him his papers.
where there is a will there is a way, guess they just were not willing.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2005, 01:19:32 PM »

It may still be a matter of if he is good enough, if is one thing we can do in Trini is pull strings, so while he may be good enough to make the team for some games, but not good enough for Jack and dem to pull the right strings to get him his papers.

A Brazilian not good enough to make Trinidad's fotball team. Hmm. Must be a real crappy Brazilain 'baller then I guess  ::)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2005, 02:58:46 PM »
well he sweating in the Trini league aint he, so he have to be at that level in the fuss place.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2005, 03:46:30 PM »

A Brazilian not good enough to make Trinidad's fotball team. Hmm. Must be a real crappy Brazilain 'baller then I guess  ::)

He probably good enough to make Jamaica' squad though......... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2005, 03:54:52 PM »

Maybe he could. He probaly would be a better players with good skilful players around him. I am sure Yorke would have at least one World Cup appearance under his belt had he been a Jakan by birth. So to Latapee (oops, did I spell that right?)  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2005, 04:11:51 PM »

Maybe he could. He probaly would be a better players with good skilful players around him. I am sure Yorke would have at least one World Cup appearance under his belt had he been a Jakan by birth. So to Latapee (oops, did I spell that right?)  :devil:

Jakan by birth huh ?? Funny you say that because it took a few "Jakan's by heritage" to get y'all to France

Don't worry, with some luck and if Mexico comes down here and plays us with as much indifference as they played you guys in the last qual('97), when you qualified, Yorke and Latapy will get their World Cup chance.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 04:23:05 PM by kicker »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
What ever happened to the Brazilian Jose Luis Seabra
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2005, 12:42:03 PM »
After all the ray ray with him getting citizenship and playing a couple games, what's up with him now, couldn't he help the side??? ???
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

1]; } ?>