April 23, 2024, 04:49:07 AM

Author Topic: Bayern Munich striker in Peru squad to face T&T.  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bayern Munich striker in Peru squad to face T&T.
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:54:30 AM »
Bayern Munich striker in Peru squad to face T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Football Coach Leo Beenhakker has requested two matches against a Caribbean nation and will get his wish as he sees a local President’s Eleven take on Grenada’s National Olympic team in two matches on April 25 and 27.
The games will kick off at 7pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium and Manny Ramjohn Stadium on the two days respectively. The local squad is expected to comprise of mainly home-based players who Beenhakker has shortlisted for his World Cup selections.
Meantime, the Peru squad which will arrive here to face T&T on May 10 was announced on Monday and will include strike duo Jefferson Farfan and José Paolo Guerrero.
A three-time World Cup participant, the Peruvians are making all attempts to climb it’s way back up the South American ladder after finishing in ninth spot among the ten nations vying to qualify for the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. In relation to the match against T&T, they could prove a stern test for the Soca Warriors as against T&T’s World Cup opponents Paraguay, they came away handsome 4-1 winners and then held the Paraguayans to a 1-1 draw in the two 2006 World Cup qualifying matches played between them.
The team boasts of several talented footballers with several of them plying their trades in the Peruvian League and in neighbouring countries. But none other is more famous than Newcastle United player Nolberto Solano who is now retired from international football. Currently there is 21-year-old forward Farfan who finished second among all goalscorers in the 2006 South American World Cup qualifiers with seven goals with only Brazilian star Ronaldo tallying more with ten. Farfan plays for PSV Eindhoven and is a fine dribbler, and has since proved himself as one of the PSV’s most lethal strikers.
Farfán began his professional career with Alianza Lima of Peru, with whom he signed in 2001 at age 16. He then signed with PSV for a reported 2 million Euro transfer fee. Since making his debut for the national side in February of 2003, he has already registered more than 20 caps. He has also contributed vital goals for PSV both domestically as well as in the UEFA Champions League which saw PSV enjoying a fine run to the semi-finals of the 2004/2005 season. He was also one of the scorers in Peru’s 4-1 win over Paraguay in World Cup qualifying action.
Then there is exciting 22-year-old Bayern Munich striker Guerrero who along with Farfan, shoulders Peru’s attacking hopes and could prove a timely test for the “Soca Warriors” defense. Guerrero who goes by the nickname “Warrior” started playing soccer in the lower categories of Peruvian club Alianza Lima, where he scored more than 200 goals and is now a regular in Bayern line up.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Bayern Munich striker in Peru squad to face T&T.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:36 AM »
Are those Grenada Games going to be on TV?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 06:09:42 AM »
i doubt it will come on TV

but Peru will be a good test fuh real   even doe every1 saying is a shitside .... we cah tink like dat...

we hadda represent in d grenada games!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 06:55:31 AM »
Right i like how dis sounding. Doh bring no shit squad. We want allyuh full team. And dey did deal with paraguay too??? Nice nice. Buh i dey. Doh me eh no lucky person and dem doin dis ticket ting by raffle.....i go storm if i have to.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 07:00:34 AM »
National Football Coach Leo Beenhakker has requested two matches against a Caribbean nation and will get his wish as he sees a local President’s Eleven take on Grenada’s National Olympic team in two matches on April 25 and 27.
The games will kick off at 7pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium and Manny Ramjohn Stadium on the two days respectively

Warrior Nation report!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:33:23 AM »
farfan and guerrero are boss players....somewhat justifies the high prices for the game
Hart for president

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 07:48:03 AM »
Gentlemen, behold the great Jefferson Farfan.

This youth is worries.  He is one of my three favourite players right now the other two being:

1) Riquelme

2) Messi

For the uninitiated, allyuh have a show coming.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:01:38 AM »

farfan,is a lethan targetman
seen him here in holland every week with psv
dont see him 89 minutes,and scores two in the remaining time
hes a bit small
a good phisical defender will stop him
keep an eye on him all 90 minutes

sweden-t&t  0-3

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »
peru is a boss team, farfan, salano and guerrero all will be alot to handle, dis is one of bess friendlies to date, after this game it will tell us where we are against south america, but at the same time 2 days 2 prepare will not fully attest how well our team can play, after the month of practise then we can judge fairly, but dis is a bess game.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »
well i wa make sure i geh tickets for dis yes

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
Flex, I aint sure ah even read de post but it good to see yuh name out dey on a post. Maybe I dont pay attention but I dont see yuh posting as much no more. THis will have to stop... lol...  Yeh we appreciate Tallman, Palos and everyone else but yuh done know, we got to see the Flex up dey every now and then too.  Feel meh?  anyways...

Peace
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 10:35:35 AM »
warriornation i inside d larrygomes gameee

done knoooooo

oh gwam all dis time i thought jeferson farfan was dutch :'( :'( :'( :'(

a feast of football

in the words of meh bes link

ah love it
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »
warriornation i inside d larrygomes gameee

done knoooooo

oh gwam all dis time i thought jeferson farfan was dutch :'( :'( :'( :'(

a feast of football

in the words of meh bes link

ah love it

so yuh comin eh... Gilbert i think could have a serious supporters group fuh dis match...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 11:33:32 AM »
i thought solano had say he was willing to come out of retirement d other day.. anyway farafn shud tach our boys some valuable lessons b4 the world cup, bring 10... i kinda interested who's d local players who go play for da grenada game

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 11:55:03 AM »
That Peru game go be a real test and measurin stick for we.  Is time to wake up from our dreams and face reality.  All the ole talk about whether we could beat Sweden, England, and Paraguay and make it to the second round will be exposed as truth or error because this is a boss team although they didn't make it to the WC.  But I still like we chances: 1,0,1 = 4 points = second round.  I'm still dreaming.  Wake me up on June 9.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 12:49:32 PM »
i thought solano had say he was willing to come out of retirement d other day.. anyway farafn shud tach our boys some valuable lessons b4 the world cup, bring 10... i kinda interested who's d local players who go play for da grenada game

I swore he would be making an appearance at this match too...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>