April 29, 2024, 06:52:01 AM

Author Topic: First Ronaldo... now Beckham??!!  (Read 2508 times)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
First Ronaldo... now Beckham??!!
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:22:14 AM »
Read this:
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4898130.stm

Beckham wants to end career in US
[/size]

England captain David Beckham says he would like to end his career playing in Major League Soccer in the US.

Beckham, who still has one year to run on his contract at Real Madrid, wants to spend three more seasons in Spain and perhaps move to America in 2009.

"At some stage, playing in America is possible," said the 30-year-old, who recently opened football academies in his native London and also Los Angeles.

"For me, America's so passionate and I'd like to be a part of that."

Beckham's three-year stay at Real has yet to yield any significant silverware, but the former Manchester United star could be on the verge of signing a new deal at the Bernabeu.

"I've one year left at Real, and maybe two more after that, but things can change in football and the American league does interest me," added Beckham in an interview with ESPN.

"I want to be part of a country that is passionate about sport. I've got my academy in LA which is important to me because that is my life after the game.

"America for me is one of the most passionate places. There is an incredible feeling around the country.

"I always mention when I'm asked about America about how you can walk down the street and everyone has got the stars and stripes flying in front of their house."
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: First Ronaldo... now Beckham??!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:26:20 AM »
On a DVD i have with Beckham.... I have many but i think it is either Bye Bye Becks or My Story. He said that he will love to play football in the US. He said that the first time he play a game over here he was honored and stated he would love to promote the game over here.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »
MONEY, MONEY , MONEY
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:30:08 AM »
MONEY, MONEY , MONEY

nah jed the money place quatar & dem middle east places. but for beckham i cud see how lucartive the US market cud be to him (& his wife wit ads)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 09:34:38 AM »
MONEY, MONEY , MONEY

nah jed the money place quatar & dem middle east places. but for beckham i cud see how lucartive the US market cud be to him (& his wife wit ads)
[/b]

is dat self ah referring to. ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »
Us players are not liked look at Lothar... he was hated after for his move

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 09:56:35 AM »
you also forgetting that players can actually have lives in the US, loads of premiership footballers go on holiday to the states as they can walk down the road relatively unharassed.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 02:28:57 PM »
you also forgetting that players can actually have lives in the US, loads of premiership footballers go on holiday to the states as they can walk down the road relatively unharassed.

I never thought of that.  That is very true.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 02:49:42 PM »

I never thought of that.  That is very true.

He might run into ah problem if he have loads of ads in the US though :-\

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
 I think Hollywood is calling pretty boy Beckham!  Him and Posh would fit in just fine. They love to see and been seen!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 03:32:12 PM »
Read this:
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4898130.stm

Beckham wants to end career in US
[/size]

England captain David Beckham says he would like to end his career playing in Major League Soccer in the US.

Beckham, who still has one year to run on his contract at Real Madrid, wants to spend three more seasons in Spain and perhaps move to America in 2009.

"At some stage, playing in America is possible," said the 30-year-old, who recently opened football academies in his native London and also Los Angeles.

"For me, America's so passionate and I'd like to be a part of that."

Beckham's three-year stay at Real has yet to yield any significant silverware, but the former Manchester United star could be on the verge of signing a new deal at the Bernabeu.

"I've one year left at Real, and maybe two more after that, but things can change in football and the American league does interest me," added Beckham in an interview with ESPN.

"I want to be part of a country that is passionate about sport. I've got my academy in LA which is important to me because that is my life after the game.

"America for me is one of the most passionate places. There is an incredible feeling around the country.

"I always mention when I'm asked about America about how you can walk down the street and everyone has got the stars and stripes flying in front of their house."

So what. By the time 2009, David would not be the same David. He would be a run down star. At least i think so. The MLS is doing a good job of getting Vets to come into the league and give it some recognition. Good for them though.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 08:52:41 PM »
beckham only doin it fuh de glamour and glitter.he and dat spicy gyul go milk money in usa.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 04:10:24 AM »
Beckham has had an obsession with the US for a very long time (& vice versa); in particular NY, which is one of the reasons he named his first child Brooklyn, as opposed to Rome or some European city. What other footballer have you ever seen walking down the red carpet of the MTV movie awards?!?

I myself remember walking down the road in Pennsylvania  a time with a beckham T shirt on and these girls ran up to me and were screaming as if I was David Beckham; wanting to know if I knew him and where I got the T-shirt...it was hilarious..  :devil: it just goes to  show he has audience in the US market albeit not necessarily for his footballing prowess.; I can DEFINITELY seeing him settling down in somewhere like NY or MIA or better yet LA!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

1]; } ?>