April 27, 2024, 12:43:37 AM

Author Topic: Exclusive Interview with David John Williams.  (Read 19712 times)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Interview with David John Williams.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 07:43:15 AM »
So you telling me Jabloteh and Joe Public does begg for money every year, begg who ? and they dont pay their players ?

W Connection is a business, but nothing wrong if they make money on players they should just treat them better and more fair. Them Brazilians getting real dollas compare to the locals and some of the locals are even better than them.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 08:13:30 AM »
Ah went primary school with David(he was ah year ahead ah me) nice to see him doing big things in the T&T football scene. Watch out for the youthman that David mentioned, Kelvin Modeste...he not easy, he will put men on dey backs  ;) VIBES IT UP!!!

Point Fortin Forever!!!

Kelvin Modeste aka Supa K....big player....bright future once he continue to work hard.

ah play lil small goal against him once when ah was home on vacation, de boy nearly cyarspraddle meh oui...he skillfull for days...GO SUPA!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 08:16:26 AM »
So you telling me Jabloteh and Joe Public does begg for money every year, begg who ? and they dont pay their players ?

W Connection is a business, but nothing wrong if they make money on players they should just treat them better and more fair. Them Brazilians getting real dollas compare to the locals and some of the locals are even better than them.

which locals are better than them?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 08:19:43 AM »

Highlights = pics or video?
video might be too much to ask but is the same camera.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 11:55:46 AM »
 Yeah, You right kingman....you right man :applause: :applause: :applause:....David Williams and WConnection are villians to our football :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 11:57:28 AM »
Yeah, You right kingman....you right man :applause: :applause: :applause:....David Williams and WConnection are villians to our football :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

::)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 12:35:06 PM »

which locals are better than them?

Man I agree that teams should have a lot more respect for the players who trying to build the league, but at the end of the day.....
Businessmen always think about the bottom line...dollars and cents.  Like I mentioned before, it takes PLENTY balls...not footballs eh...testicular fortitude...and money to jump in that PFL.  Because yuh always running at a loss unless yuh sell players.  There is little marketing of the league, so returns from there is scraps, forget about the prize money...that is just for beers when the season done.

So fellas we have to be careful when we cast aspersions on the CEO's of the PFL teams.  Particularly when we trinis like to jump to conclusions after listening to one side of the story...and everybody like to tell their own side of the story to get the crowd sympathy.

I remember when the PFL now start EVERYBODY wanted to see the Brazilians...just because dem is Brazilians and man feel they would light up the league with samba.  Even so it was a damn good promotional boost for Connection.  Also big money had to pass to entice them to come to T&T too (although we know the situation with players in Brazil), so if they get a lil more change doh be a player hater nah.  I hear men say Beckham only went REAL to sell shirts...true or not  :-\  but he getting real paper either way, whether was a football decision or a business one.

Yuh know how businessmen always calculating risks...so men would think twice before taking a chance on a young player with 'potential'....they would want to make sure they bases covered.
Then again I agree...sometimes a youth man does want a start from a fairy godfather to realise he true worth.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>