April 18, 2024, 02:20:43 AM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland Thread  (Read 52991 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hamilton Accies hail Jason Scotland signing as ‘incredible coup’
« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
Hamilton Accies hail Jason Scotland signing as ‘incredible coup’
thecourier.co.uk

Hamilton player-manager Alex Neil has hailed the shock capture of Jason Scotland as an “incredible coup” for the Championship outfit after beating promotion rivals Dundee to the experienced striker’s signature.

Scotland, 34, has penned a deal with the New Douglas Park outfit until June following his release by Barnsley and is expected to receive international clearance in time to face Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

Neil believes the the former Dundee United, St Johnstone, Swansea and Ipswich man — who also played in the English Premier League with Wigan — represents one of the club’s biggest ever signings.

“We’ve managed to agree a deal for Jason and it is an incredible coup for us as a club,” said the Accies boss.

“This is a guy who has played in the English Premier League, moved for more than £2 million in transfer fees and has international experience — and we have managed to attract him here.

“I don’t think Hamilton have ever signed a player who has moved for that amount of money in his career, and the guys behind the scenes have done an incredible job to make it happen.

“And, don’t be fooled, he is determined to be a big success here. I had a chat with him on Wednesday and he is desperate to do well.”

Neil claims title rivals Dundee were also in negotiation with the player’s agent regarding a more to the Championship leaders — only for Scotland to make the move to Lanarkshire.

And Neil admits getting one over on the Dens Park outfit, who lead Accies by one point in the race for promotion, makes the deal all the sweeter.

“As far as I am aware, Dundee were certainly trying to come to an agreement with him and I am really glad he has chosen to come to us instead of them,” he continued.

“It’s always good to get a signing to come to you instead of one of your main rivals in the league.

“We have been working really hard on this one and to convince Jason that this is the right place for him and he would come and enjoy his football here.

“If you look at Dundee, they have added quite a few numbers to their squad.

“We have added Paul George, a young lad on loan from Celtic. But we have been working hard to get real quality in who would improve us as a squad. Jason most certainly falls into that category.”

Neil also believes the experience of the 41-times capped Trinidad and Tobago international will be pivotal to the progress of a young squad at Hamilton.

“He will help the younger kids by improving them and developing their game,” Neil added.

“I think some older players really respond to that and want to feel like they are nurturing younger players and giving something back to the the game.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dundee chief pours scorn on Hamilton’s Jason Scotland taunt
« Reply #211 on: January 24, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
Dundee chief pours scorn on Hamilton’s Jason Scotland taunt
By Liam Kennedy (Evening Telegraph)

Scot Gardiner has blasted title rivals Hamilton amid claims they beat Dundee to the signature of Jason Scotland.

The Dark Blues chief executive reacted angrily to comments made by Accies boss Alex Neil, who claimed the Trinidadian frontman knocked back a move to Dens.

That’s just not true according to Gardiner, the man tasked with negotiating the Championship leaders’ deals.

“It’s wrong and naughty from them,” said Gardiner.

“It’s mischief making to make them look good.

“There were a lot clubs offered Jason Scotland — we were never at any stage involved in talks for him.

“Their account is not true — there was no offer and no negotiation. We did not speak to his agent.

“I really want to clarify that for the fans because I would hate for them to pick up their papers and think we had been outbid.

“I’ve never spoken to his agent in my life.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland happy to put down family roots north of the border
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2014, 09:17:36 AM »
Jason Scotland happy to put down family roots north of the border
By Gordon Parks (Scottish Daily Record)

HAMILTON new boy Jason Scotland insists Accies were head and shoulders above the rest when it came to finding a new club after leaving Barnsley.

The former Dundee United striker opted for a move to Lanarkshire despite having more lucrative
options elsewhere.

Championship rivals Dundee and several Premiership sides had shown an interest in the 34-year-old’s
services but the hitman admits his better half had the final say on where to put down his roots.

Scotland will line up against Cowdenbeath this afternoon after his wife called the shots on his move as she attempts to get her hair dressing salon off the ground.

He said: “I wasn’t playing for Barnsley as much as I would have liked.

“My missus is from Wishaw. She has just opened a business up here and the salon is called Hed Kandi so she was keen to come back to Scotland.

“My agent contacted a few clubs and several of them were interested in signing me.

“Hamilton was probably the closest one and I’ve heard a lot of good things about them from ex-players and managers.

Read More...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hamilton striker Jason Scotland hopes to silence Dundee boo-boys
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »
Hamilton striker Jason Scotland hopes to silence Dundee boo-boys
By Andy McGilvray (Daily Record)

Jason Scotland expects stick off Dundee fans because of his days with their rivals United, but hopes to be smiling with Accies on Saturday.

The former Trinidad and Tobago international striker hopes it’s third time lucky for Hamilton in their bid to regain top spot in the SPFL Championship, and anticipates a tough match at Dens Park.

He said: “I have some good memories of playing at Dundee and I’ll probably get some stick from playing at Dundee United, but it’s something that I’m always happy to take on the chin, and I love those challenges.

“Hopefully we’ll get the better of them and I’ll enjoy it if we do.”

Jason (34) heads to Tayside with a clear mission in mind after making his debut in a 4-3 defeat against Cowdenbeath, and scoring in Saturday’s 3-3 draw against Dumbarton.

He said: “I was pleased to have scored my first goal but in the main I was really disappointed. Having scored with three minutes left you would think that was the winning goal, so to concede in the last minute was disappointing.

“One of the guys said Alloa had drawn with Dundee and it was the same story as last week – the gaffer said that if we had got three points we would have gone top of the league.

“Hopefully it will be third time lucky – it’s in our own hands.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland joins Hamilton Academical from Barnsley
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »
GOALS from Jason Scotland and Mikael Antoine-Curier give Hamilton a deserved win and takes them to a point from Dundee at the summit of the Championship table.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hamilton-academical-2-livingston-0-3171833

Post-game interview with Scotland.
http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/Audio/2013-14/Scotland210214.mp3
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:36:41 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now tell me I’m not good enough: Rejected Jason Scotland settles score
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
Now tell me I’m not good enough: Rejected Jason Scotland settles score
By David McCarthy (Daily Record)

JASON SCOTLAND last night revealed relegating Hibs was all the sweeter given FIVE Easter Road heroes left his football career hanging in the balance almost a decade ago.

The Trinidad and Tobago international’s hopes of renewing a work permit after two seasons at Dundee United were scuppered when a six-man panel – including Pat Stanton, Tony Higgins, Murdo MacLeod, Peter Cormack and Tommy McIntyre – rejected his bid back in 2005.

However, Scotland settled scores yesterday as the veteran Hamilton Accies striker sparked an astonishing comeback from a 2-0 first-leg play-off deficit with a 13th-minute finish before converting one of the spot-kicks that sealed promotion.

The 35-year-old made the trip to Germany in 2006 as part of his country’s World Cup squad but admitted events at Easter Road yesterday will always live long in his memory.

He said: “In terms of wins in my career, this one is right up there as one of the most important.

“It was my first play-off. I was at a World Cup and didn’t play but getting there was incredible for me.

“But winning this tie, after losing the first leg, was amazing. Hibs are a Premiership team so this is right up there with my greatest achievements.

“I don’t think anybody gave us a chance coming here today. But we knew if we scored the first goal things would change and that’s what happened.

“We knew the fans would get on their backs and the players would start to get nervous.

“It’s really, really good times and the scenes after the game with the fans were unbelievable.”

The former St Johnstone, Swansea City and Wigan striker took some stick from the home support yesterday afternoon but insisted he had no gripe with them – only some of their former players.

He said: “I don’t have anything against the Hibs fans. But on a six-man panel, five of the guys were ex-Hibs players and they said I wasn’t good enough.

“But in my career I’ve been to the World Cup and played in the Premiership. I went for a couple of million pounds!

READ MORE...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Niceness.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
don't block your mouths,  I CAN"T HEAR YOU     :devil:

Dejected Hibernian players

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Me and Small Mag watched the game with Jason Scotland on an online stream...real good exciting football match...we were fist pumping and shouting...hahah...tnt bizness nah.

Scotty was real class...good goal..but the assist for the second was exquisite... technique for days...

it got harder in extra time of course at his age...also he played with a niggle...but hold up play and intelligence top class...totally deserved his MOM award...
and very calm penalty in the shoot out... he took the 4th penalty...also..Hamilton play a very nice passing game.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I Scot it right: Nine years on Murdo is unmoved by Jason red-tape KO
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2014, 06:00:12 AM »
I Scot it right: Nine years on Murdo is unmoved by Jason red-tape KO
By Robert Grieve (The Irish Sun)

MURDO MacLEOD has a clear conscience. The former Hibs star insists Jason Scotland didn’t deserve the work permit he wanted in 2005.

Scotland, 35, is furious he was denied the paperwork to play in this country back then.

MacLeod was one of FIVE former Hibees who booted out the Trinidad & Tobago striker’s bid to sign for Dundee United.

Scotland revealed that rejection drove him on to help Hamilton Accies win promotion at Easter Road on Sunday.

But ex-Scotland midfielder MacLeod — who judged the case with Tommy McIntyre, Pat Stanton, right, Peter Cormack and Tony Higgins — revealed to SunSport: “I’m comfortable with the decision we came to. We were told he wasn’t guaranteed to play every week, that he was being signed as an impact player who’d be on the bench.

“It was fairly straightforward.When a player is looking to come into the country to join a team — and he’s not likely to play — it works against him.

“It had been reported at the time he’d lost his international status because of something ridiculous. I think the story had something to do with him not getting a haircut.

“But then the manager of the national team said it was because he wasn’t good enough.

“Because everyone on the panel had an ex-Hibs background, fingers were pointed. There was a real conspiracy theory.

“It still makes me smile when I hear people going on about it. It was cut and dried. Any panel looking at it would have come to the same conclusion.

“Hindsight is a great thing. But at that time he didn’t justify a work permit and it was the correct decision.

“I know United supporters weren’t happy about it and they blamed everyone on the panel for having an agenda against them. But it was all nonsense.

“He definitely didn’t qualify at that time. End of story.

“It wasn’t one I’d look back on and think: ‘We could have viewed it differently.’

“It wasn’t even a case that we felt he wasn’t good enough. At no point did we take that view.

“It had nothing to do with his ability. It was all to do with his background with the inter-national team and whether he would actually play games for Dundee United.”

Scotland ran riot against Hibs on Sunday, scoring after 11 minutes to make it game on.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WATCH this Man of the Match performance by Jason Scotland. From the wonderful turn which created the opportunity to score the first goal, to the exquisite pass to setup the equalizer, to the calmly taken winning penalty kick…Scotty get on bad.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hTdDWF83B7I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hTdDWF83B7I</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
My player.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Check the control nah man, beautiful.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He has always been my player. Never understood why he couldn't reproduce this kinda stuff of the National Team(consistently)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice!!! :applause: :applause:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hamilton hero Jason Scotland knew his side had the quality to earn promotion to the Premiership
By Andy McGilvray (Daily Record)

Hamilton striker Jason Scotland wasn’t surprised to see his side dump Hibernian out of the SPFL Premiership – because he never doubted their ability.

The former Trinidad and Tobago international was the man who put the Edinburgh side to the sword, finishing clinically to give Accies a vital early lead, before providing the pass for team-mate Tony Andreu to bag a last-gasp equaliser and put the SPFL Premiership play-off second leg into extra-time.

Scotland then netted a penalty, alongside Andreu and team-mates Grant Gillespie and Mickael Antoine-Curier, while goalkeeper Kevin Cuthbert saved two of Hibs’ spot-kicks.

Scotland (35), who took his tally to nine for the season, was delighted to see Hamilton get over the line, which was his task when boss Alex Neil brought signed him in January.

He said: “Lots of people are saying they can’t believe that we’ve done it, but I can.

“I knew after my first game for Hamilton that it was going to be difficult, but I knew we had it in us, and that I had it in myself.

“As long as I’m on top of my game, on top of my form, I can cause trouble for any defence in the Scottish Premiership.

“I did that, I scored in the first half and didn’t get as many chances in the second half, but we managed to do it and I’m just buzzing.”

Former Dundee United, St Johnstone and Wigan Athletic striker Scotland added: “It was pleasing to get promoted.

“I came here and my whole objective was to try and get promoted and we did.

“I scored and set one up, so I’m delighted for the youngsters, who will have the chance to play in the Premiership next season, so I’m buzzing.

“It’s an incredible achievement, not just over the game but over the season.

“When I came to the club the gaffer, Alex Neil, said our goal was to try to take us over the line. I did that, I’m really proud of the achievement, and we’ll see where it takes us.”

After Hibs had taken a commanding 2-0 lead from the first leg at New Douglas Park, most observers felt that Terry Butcher’s men were as good as staying in the top flight, but Scotland was delighted to prove them wrong.

He said: “We deserved it. Nobody gave us a chance after the first leg, but I thought that we played the better football but didn’t score the goals.

“On Sunday we played the better football and scored the goals, so that showed how far we had come.

“Some of the other press guys didn’t give us the credit we deserved after the first game, but on Sunday we showed what we were made of.

“You could see how much it meant to everyone, because the staff, the manager, everybody, came on and celebrated, and we were worthy winners on the day.”

For Scotland it’s negotiation time, as his contract us up at Accies.

There are indications that the New Douglas Park club want to keep the striker on board for their assault on the top flight, but experienced Scotland was keeping his cards close to his chest.

He said: “The manager brought me in, I had to take us over the line, and I’ve done that.

“I’ll sit down with the gaffer and the chairman, then relax, go on my holidays, and we’ll see what happens.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:15 AM »
Scotland eyes coaching
T&T Newsday Reports.

FORMER TRINIDAD and Tobago football team striker Jason Scotland is setting his sights on coaching after he decides to hang up his boots.

Last week, Scotland renewed his contract at Scottish club Hamilton Academical by 12 months, after he played a key role in the club earning promotion to the 2014-2015 Scottish Premiership.

In a recent interview, the stockily-built 35-year-old admitted that his days at the professional level are numbered.

“I’ll see how the body feels after the holidays and sees where it takes me,” he said, during a visit to his homeland.

Asked what he will like to do after he retires, Scotland responded, “I did my ‘B’ licence (course) last summer in Wales. I might follow that up with an ‘A’ (licence course). I’ll just take it one step at a time.”

Scotland, between 2000 and 2011, played 41 times for Trinidad and Tobago, and netted eight times for the national squad.

After starting his playing career with Malick Senior Comprehensive, he played for San Juan Jabloteh and Defence Force before making his way to Great Britain in 2003.

He had good spells at Dundee United, St Johnstone (both in Scotland), Swansea City (in Wales), Wigan, Ipswich Town and Barnsley (in England) before joining Hamilton in January.

Scotland had limited opportunities to play for the national team due to a surplus of strikers, such as Stern John, Cornell Glen, Collin Samuel, Kenwyne Jones (who all were part of the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, along with Scotland), Errol McFarlane and Kerry Noray.

Now, there is a glaring lack of quality strikers in Trinidad and Tobago football.

Questioned if he sees himself returning home to assist the crop of forwards in the local game, Scotland replied, “if need be, when I obviously get all my qualifications, I’ll be willing to help Trinidad and Tobago football. But, at the mean time, I’m just going through my badges. In time to come, anything can happen.”

Reminiscing on his career in Britain, Scotland said, “I think all through my career in England, I’ve been scoring goals.

“Going down to the Scottish Championship (with Hamilton), it wasn’t really a step up, it was a step down because I was in the English Championship. I have been scoring goals so it really wasn’t a problem, to be fair. I just carried on what I’ve been doing.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland gets UEFA 'B' Coaching License
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »
Jason Scotland gets UEFA 'B' Coaching License
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Former Trinidad and Tobago striker Jason Scotland now holds a UEFA ‘B’ coaching license after completing the course earlier this month.

The 35-year-old Scotland is still playing with Hamilton Academical in Scotland, has vast experience, being a member of the T&T World Cup squad in 2006 and playing in the English Premiership with Wigan Athletic.

He also had spells at He has also had spells with St Johnstone, Dundee United, Swansea City, Barnsley, Ipswich Town and Defence Force in Trinidad.

“I’m delighted to have completed the course and preparing myself for the next chapter of my career in the game. At the moment I’m still playing and enjoying the game but this is a good achievement and I’m quite pleased about it. It allows me to maybe stay involved in the game and follow on in the footsteps of other past players like Dennis Lawrence and others,” Scotland said.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets UEFA 'B' Coaching License
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »
Congrats on your succesful endeavour, Mr. Scotty.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets UEFA 'B' Coaching License
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
Second dat!!! Congrats!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Swansea City is a great place for Jason Scotland to be
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2014, 05:00:31 PM »
JASON SCOTLAND ranked #13 on the list of the Top 20 most influential Swansea City players of the last 12 years
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/1-20-influential-Swansea-City-players-12-years/story-24514814-detail/story.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Striker Jason Scotland leaves Hamilton as Accies agree to cancel contract
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »
Striker Jason Scotland leaves Hamilton as Accies agree to cancel contract
Sky Sports

Jason Scotland has been released from his Hamilton contract and will now look for a new club.

Scotland signed on a free transfer from Barnsley a year ago and agreed a new deal in the summer after his goals helped the club win promotion to the Scottish Premiership through the play-offs.

But the 35-year-old striker has started just three times in the league this season, and Hamilton have agreed to let him go.

Manager Alex Neil said: "Jason has been a model professional during his time with us and has had a big influence in the dressing room, particularly with the young players.

"I've no doubt that he will add these same values to his next club and he will always be made welcome here at Accies."

Chairman Les Gray said: "Jason has been a great signing for us but understandably wants more game time, as recently his appearance have been from the bench.

"We have agreed to his request to leave us and find a new club. He is a great lad and we wish him well for the future."

Scotland scored 11 goals for Hamilton, among them one in th play-off final against Hibernian.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »
Good luck Scotty. Keep representin'.
Others to come will benefit from the doors you opened.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2015, 03:00:14 PM »
Jason Scotland rejoins Hamilton three weeks after leaving club
Sky Sports

Hamilton have re-signed striker Jason Scotland three weeks to the day since his contract was terminated.

The 35-year-old was freed to look for another club after starting just three games in this season's Scottish Premiership.

But Scotland, whose goals helped Hamilton win promotion through the play-offs last year, is back at New Douglas Park for the rest of the campaign.

The Accies have had a change of manager in the meantime, Martin Canning replacing Alex Neil following the previous boss' departure for Norwich.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wrexham AFC boss Gary Mills running his eye over striker Jason Scotland
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
Wrexham AFC boss Gary Mills running his eye over striker Jason Scotland
By Rob Griffiths (Daily Post)

Gary Mills is hoping to pile the misery on the English in Saturday’s cross-border derby at Chester and could be helped out by Scotland.

Mills is running his eye over former Trinidad and Tobago international Jason Scotland with a view to signing the striker ahead of Saturday’s short trip to the Deva Stadium.

Wrexham lost leading scorer James Gray to a broken hand following last Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with Grimsby Town, the striker picking up the injury after bundling the ball home only to see his effort chalked out for offside.

Scotland, who counts Swansea City as one of his former clubs, was training with the Dragons on Monday and will play some part in a reserves match on Tuesday.

Mills reported no further injuries following Saturday’s 3-2 defeat at the Racecourse to Eastleigh, the first loss at home this season, and spoke about the prospect of bringing in free agent Scotland.

“Everybody is okay,” said Mills. “Obviously James (Fyfield) being sent off means he won’t be in contention for Saturday, but other than that everybody is fine.

“I’ve got somebody in today, Jason Scotland who has been well known in Wales, he is training with us today and will play in the reserves tomorrow so we are hoping that goes well.

“He is a quality striker and he is available, so we have been working on that in the last week, I’ve done well to keep that from you two (the media), and he is in today to train with us, so he will play in the reserves tomorrow and we are hoping everything goes well and then we will take it from there.

“He has come down from Glasgow today and we want to bring a striker in and we are talking quality, and looking forward to seeing him today and tomorrow.”

Wrexham head into Saturday’s eagerly awaited derby at Chester on the back of a disappointing 3-2 loss at home to the Spitfires, another match in which the Dragons dominated but could not press home their advantage.

Eastleigh took two of only three notable first half chances to go in at the break with a lead, Jai Reason and Andy Drury both firing home, before a second half fight back saw Wes York and Sean Newton level the scores. However, Wrexham were rocked in the 87th minute as Ben Strevens headed home Joe Partington’s cross to seal the win for the visitors.

And Mills is now hoping for a reaction from his charges at the Deva next weekend.

He added: “We are in a great position, still in the top five, and have everything to play for on Saturday. Hopefully we can bounce back and get three points like we have done previously.

“I think what is important is that nobody gets frustrated by the fact that it is another game we should have won, frustrations can get you down, what I want to be is realistic, and the realism is that we could have won the game, I won’t say quite easily, but we could have won the game, and we could have won the game on Tuesday against Grimsby.

“We haven’t and as a football manager if I let frustration get me down then I will be out of a job very, very quickly. You have to bounce back, we get on it again today and I think the players have been exceptional, unbelievable this season, and we will train again this week and prepare for next Saturday.

“Last Saturday has gone, of course you look at reasons why we have conceded three goals, but I am not one to over analyse because that creates too many issues and too many problems, and you move onto the next game and it is my job to make sure I put the right team out there.”

Mills is well aware of the expectation heading into Saturday’s encounter, and after watching Wales claim victory over England at Twickenham on Saturday night, the Dragons boss is hopeful he can keep the Welsh all smiles.

“I’ve never been reminded so much of something in my whole life, before I even put pen to paper and it is the most important thing to everybody,” said Mills.

“I am under no illusions, I understand (what it means) but obviously as manager I know if we win we are not going to get six points, we’ll still only get three, but I understand the bragging rights the Welsh have got over the English at the moment.

“Being an Englishman lets hope that is the situation on Saturday, and Wales are smiling again come 5pm.”

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2015, 12:43:31 PM »
Scotland, just do what yuh normally does!
I hope he gets the gig.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wrexham AFC end their interest in striker Jason Scotland
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »
Wrexham AFC end their interest in striker Jason Scotland
By Richard Williams (The Leader)

WREXHAM boss Gary Mills has ended his interest in signing striker Jason Scotland.

The experienced frontman who counts Swansea City, Wigan Athletic and Ipswich Town among his former clubs, joined Wrexham on trial earlier this week.

Scotland, without a club since leaving Scottish Premier League side Hamilton Academical at the end of last season, was given a 45-run as Wrexham reserves lost 5-0 against Stoke City on Tuesday.

And Mills has decided against taking a further look at the 36-year-old former Trinidad and Tobago international.

“I am not going to be taking it any further,” said Mills. “You get someone in to take a look at them and it is just not quite right for what I am looking for.

“I need someone to come in and hit the ground running and Jason is not at that stage.”

Mills, without leading scorer James Gray who has a broken hand, is looking to recruit a striker on loan and hopes to have someone in before Saturday’s cross border derby at Chester.

“I am trying to get somebody in if I can,” said Mills. I am working on that as we speak so we will just have to wait and see what happens."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland joins Stenhousemuir FC
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2015, 05:38:54 AM »
Jason Scotland joins Stenhousemuir FC
stenhousemuirfc.com

The club can announce the latest signing to join our 1st team squad.

Manager, Brown Ferguson, has signed former Hamilton Accies player, Striker, Jason Scotland on a short term contract.

Jason is vastly experienced having played for Dundee United, St Johnstone, Swansea City, Wigan Athletic, Ipswich Town, Barnsley and Hamilton Accies. He has played in 399 1st Team games scoring 127 goals along the way.

He has also made 41 appearances for his Country, Trinidad and Tobago, scoring 8 times for them.

Jason will be looking to add to his tally of goals during his time with the club and imparting some of his experience around his team mates. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 03, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »
WATCH: Jason Scotland scores a double in Stenhousemuir’s 4-3 win over Peterhead. Stenhousemuir was victorious despite being 3-0 down after 40 minutes. You can see Scotland’s goals at 4:10 and 4:59. The second one in particular is a beauty.
http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/2015/10/419/31st-highlights-peterhead/

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 03, 2015, 01:17:38 PM »
WATCH: Jason Scotland scores a double in Stenhousemuir’s 4-3 win over Peterhead. Stenhousemuir was victorious despite being 3-0 down after 40 minutes. You can see Scotland’s goals at 4:10 and 4:59. The second one in particular is a beauty.
http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/2015/10/419/31st-highlights-peterhead/
This was highly entertaining, nice to see Scotland still holding his own out there.

1]; } ?>