April 28, 2024, 11:38:36 AM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland Thread  (Read 53366 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland's first goal for Wigan
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2010, 01:23:26 AM »
Just scored against Notts County in the FA Cup....Wigan losing 2-1.
And so it begins ;) ;) ;)
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland hopes Notts County goal will be the first of many
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2010, 08:12:02 AM »
Scotland hopes Notts County goal will be the first of many
wiganlatics.co.uk

One big reason Wigan Athletic will have another crack at progressing into the Fifth Round of the FA Cup is Jason Scotland.

The Trinidad striker broke his duck on Saturday, bagging his first club goal as Latics fought back from 2-0 down to earn a replay a week on Tuesday at the DW Stadium.

Speaking after the game Scotland explained how delighted he was to get off the mark, and how lucky Latics are not to be out of the competition altogether.

"Obviously it was a little disappointing not to get the result, but I managed to get my first goal under my belt, and I'm really happy about that," said Scotland.

"It was a nice one-two with Hugo on the edge of the box and when I got the ball back I opened up my body and managed to slip it under the 'keeper, and it's great to be off the mark.

"Everyone has been telling me that as soon as the first one comes more will follow, I certainly hope that's the case.

"I think we can count ourselves lucky that we've got a replay out of the tie, especially after the first-half performance, and hopefully we can get the result we need on the night."

Scotland went on to say how a half-time grilling from the gaffer proved to be the turning-point in the game as the team re-emerged from the break to take control of the game.

"I think coming to a League Two club a lot people expect you to win and progress into the next round, but it isn't that simple. They got in our faces, they were first to the ball and all-round were more aggressive.

"The gaffer really had a go at us at half-time, he was very disappointed in the way we had performed. But we came out for the second-half got ourselves going and managed to pull two goals back to keep the tie alive.

"That was the turning-point, we upped the tempo and started to control the game.

"Then Charles (N'Zogbia) came on and when he's on form he's a different class. He changed the look of the game and the overall team performance in the second-half was a big improvement on the first 45 minutes.

"There was some doubt that we would be in the hat for the next round at one point, particularly as we went 2-0 down. But we came back and grinded out the result to make sure that wasn't the case.

"It does mean there's a bit of a fixture pile-up with games against Blackburn and Everton before the replay, a couple of tough games that we have to grab with both hands."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2010, 08:37:59 AM »
Scotty is shyte!! he will never shine in the prem! he cyar even score on el salvador is the prem he will score? no speed , no one on one skills, and he's so easy to mark out of a game. i wish stern had gotten this opportunity instead.
Troll
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »
scotland is not EPL material, whoever think he is don't know anything about football.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2010, 09:23:21 PM »
scotland is not EPL material, whoever think he is don't know anything about football.
Wigan in trouble hiring dat con man den.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
Thank GAWD Wigan ent come on here first den
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »

that is why wigan is wigan and not a bigger side....scotty does run at the same pace i use to run at when i played ball....snail pace....at least my excuse was I was a midfielder.. ;D

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
Ah guess yuh including Mr. Martinez in dat group??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 06:45:14 AM »
Give thanks, Scotty!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »

that is why wigan is wigan and not a bigger side....scotty does run at the same pace i use to run at when i played ball....snail pace....at least my excuse was I was a midfielder.. ;D
Breds, i watch scottie for ah while and the one instant that did it for me is when we played bermuda @ the marvin lee stadium.

the man could not out run dem fat big belly bermudan tuh save his life! i saw the left wing full back had scottie in his pocket and scottie had no prayer for this slow defender!

now this is my opinion so take it for what it's worth. now don't get me wrong, the man holds up the ball extemely well, and his touches are boss, but as far as pace and the ability to slip pass defenders and penetrate defences, that where he falls short! if he was prem quality then he would @ least have one goal to show for it.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
yeah just cool...i agree he can hold up the ball and his touches good...i play against scotty in a few fire vs army small sweats and man use to bawl...scotty put down de hand brakes when yuh running.....as a player i believe he can score goals at a lower level in england (i.e. swansea) and against caribbean opposition but he not ready for de EPL and concacaf ball.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
Anybody have video of de goal?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
Alyuh cyah figure out why Martinez, a coach who had Swansea playing ball all over teams in the Championship have Scotland playing and featuring regularly in games in the EPL. It's because alyuh understanding very limited. All alyuh know is smash and grab type forwards. Learn the game better nah man. Scotty is a big player and oour up and coming forwards will do well to study Scotty style of play. We killing KJ for not knowing when to run and where to run, yet is super fast. Then turning around and blazing Scotty for being the opposite. Nah alyuh not serious.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
Striker Ruben 'agrees Wigan move'

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/europe/story/Striker-Ruben-agrees-Wigan-move012610

Argentinian frontman Marco Ruben has agreed to join Premier League strugglers Wigan, according to his Spanish club Villarreal.

The striker, 23, has given a farewell interview with the Villarreal website, saying he was quickly able to agree terms with the Premier League club.

"I found out eight or nine days ago, and since then the club have continued with negotiations with my agent and he told me it was done and all that was needed was my signature," Ruben said.

"I am happy to take this opportunity because it is a good coach (Roberto Martinez) and a great team."

According to reports, Ruben could cost Wigan up to £7million, and he will sign a four-and-a-half-year contract upon arriving in the UK. His signing could signal the end of Jason Scotland's unimpressive spell at Wigan since he followed manager Roberto Martinez from Swansea in the summer.

Ruben joined Villarreal from River Plate in January 2008, but he has never played for the first team, being first loaned to Recreativo Huelva for 18 months, before this year being assigned to Villarreal B, for whom he has scored nine goals this season.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2010, 08:41:48 PM »
scottie is ah forward, he score any goals?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The goals will come for Jason Scotland, says Roberto Martinez
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »
The goals will come for Jason Scotland, says Roberto Martinez
By Dave Smith  (givemefootball.com)

Roberto Martinez wants Jason Scotland to make himself an FA Cup hero tonight – and so kick-start his stuttering Wigan career.

The former Swansea striker, so prolific in the Championship and League One, has found the step up to Premier League standard a tougher one than he might have imagined.

He’s yet to score in 20 Premier League games but a goal or two against Notts County in the cup tonight, could be just the confidence boost he needs.

Wigan boss Martinez has added two new strikers to his squad this week - Marcelo Moreno and Victor Moses – but insists Scotland is still very much a part of his plans.

Both new boys are ineligible for tonight’s cup replay at the DW Stadium, and so Scotland is likely to get another chance to prove his worth - Martinez is convinced the 30-year-old can still be a success at the club.

"His workrate has been exceptional, as has his link-up play, but his biggest asset is scoring goals," Martinez said. "At the moment he is creating the chances and getting in great positions and he hasn't been able to score, but it would be a bigger worry if he hadn't been able to create the chances.

"He is a very strong character and he's in a perfect moment of his career - at 30, he's capable of coping with anything that comes his way. I can see day by day he is becoming a stronger and a better footballer, and the goals will come, it is only a matter of time.

"I'm not going to judge a player by the chances he misses - I'm going to judge a player by the chances he creates and the overall contribution to the team."

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
Nice to hear the gaffer support Scotland; he doesn't have much of a choice, as it was he who plucked him out of the Championship, instead of going for someone already proven at the Prem level. ;)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »
Apparently missed another one-on-one today. Lawd.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:27 PM »
Worse for Scotty now that Wigan sign Victor Moses and Brazilian-Bolivian superstar Marcelo Moreno is trouble for him now or he might start scoring? Hope for his sake he start scoring. But Martinez turn down bids from Barnsley for him yesterday so he still in Wigan plans

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »
Well they lorsing 2-0
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
i hope that this thread does not have to be changed to : Jason Scotland's ONLY  goal for Wigan

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2010, 12:06:37 PM »
Most ah we strikers right now need to be in midfield. He shouldn't wait till he Dwight age. He should make the transition. Jones you too. Do it now.

PLEASE

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland fires up war of words
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
Jason Scotland fires up war of words
South Wales Echo

FORMER Swansea City striker Jason Scotland has lit the blue touch paper ahead of this evening’s Championship clash between Cardiff City and Ipswich Town.

The Tractor Boys’ Trinidadian front man has assured himself of a red-hot reception at the Cardiff City Stadium with his inflammatory pre-match comments.

Scotland has vowed to maintain his unbeaten record against the Bluebirds and says he would love the chance to celebrate a goal in front of their supporters.

He also admits he would be delighted if Swansea – and not their South Wales neighbours – were promoted to the Premier League.

Scotland has faced the Bluebirds four times, three for the Swans and once for Ipswich Town, scoring in their 2-0 win against City at Portman Road this season.

“I’m looking forward to a nice warm welcome from the Cardiff fans,” said Scotland.

“I’m an old Swansea player and I haven’t lost against Cardiff. Hopefully I can keep that record and Ipswich will win the game.

“Perhaps I can score a goal and celebrate in front of the home fans. It would be something to enjoy. This is a game of football and I want to enjoy it.

“I’d love to get one up on the Cardiff fans. The South Wales rivalry is one of the fiercest I have ever played in, it can be brutal.

“No fan was allowed to go to the game on their own. They have to bring fans from Cardiff and from Swansea for the away games. That tells a story.

“Obviously I would be buzzing if Swansea went up rather than Cardiff! I would be delighted for the boys if they went up and Cardiff don’t.”

Scotland has scored nine goals in 34 appearances for Ipswich this season and is enjoying his football under new manager Paul Jewell.

Ipswich haven’t won in their last three matches, earning only one point in that run, and come to Cardiff City Stadium today in need of a victory.

“It’s a tough one for the manager,” says Scotland. “The new boss has come in and everybody is trying to prove themselves for next season.

“Personally, I just want to prove myself at this level, and I have done that with nine goals this season.

“It’s not a bad ratio and hopefully I can score more goals.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland is worth his weight
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2011, 04:44:52 AM »
By Stuart Watson (Green'Un24)

Despite losing half a stone in weight this summer and impressing early on in pre-season, the 32-year-old found himself out of the picture at the start of the campaign and three weeks ago the Blues accepted a bid from Championship rivals Blackpool on transfer deadline day.

The Trinidadian – now in the last year of his contract and one of the higher earners at Portman Road – couldn’t agree terms with the newly-relegated Tangerines just days after an impressive goalscoring cameo in the 2-1 win over Leeds.

And on Monday night he proved he still has a big role to play for the Suffolk club with a fine all-round forward display in the 3-0 win over Coventry, netting the game-clinching third.

The sought-after striker’s infectious ear-to-ear smile is back, with Jewell insisting the allowance of transfer deadline day talks with the Tangerines was all part of a masterplan.

“I gave him the opportunity to speak to Blackpool, but I didn’t think for one second that he could agree terms with them,” said Jewell.

“It was giving him a bit of a fillip, he was always going to stay here.”

Following his £750,000 switch from Wigan, Scotland was a much-maligned figure among Ipswich supporters in his debut campaign and often criticised for being too immobile.

It must be remembered though that playing as a lone striker – which was where he was regularly deployed – is not his strength. And even then he was still able to finish the campaign as the club’s leading league scorer with 10.

Now playing as a forward partner to Michael Chopra, he has been able to fully utilise his best assets, dropping deeper to receive the ball to feet, holding off defenders and using his deft touch to bring team-mates into play.

“I think Jason deserves a lot of credit,” said Jewell. “He’s fitter than he was last year. He’s in better shape and he’s been great around the place. He didn’t start against Blackpool but he didn’t complain.

“He’s lighter than what he was last season, he’s three or four kilos lighter. He’s worked hard on his condition.”

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland is worth his weight
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:03 AM »
Tallman, do you really have to post so much Jason Scotland related threads.. ?

This shit is annoying especially since all de news is about de same.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2011, 05:29:20 AM »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2011, 07:27:48 AM »

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
Scotland will now drafted into the national squad for the next round of WCQ matches. Kenwyne Jones and Darryl Roberts are both injured...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:22 AM »
I hope Hector and Britto are called up.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2011, 11:58:28 AM »
By Stuart Watson (Green'Un24)

Despite losing half a stone in weight this summer and impressing early on in pre-season, the 32-year-old found himself out of the picture at the start of the campaign and three weeks ago the Blues accepted a bid from Championship rivals Blackpool on transfer deadline day.

The Trinidadian – now in the last year of his contract and one of the higher earners at Portman Road – couldn’t agree terms with the newly-relegated Tangerines just days after an impressive goalscoring cameo in the 2-1 win over Leeds.

And on Monday night he proved he still has a big role to play for the Suffolk club with a fine all-round forward display in the 3-0 win over Coventry, netting the game-clinching third.

The sought-after striker’s infectious ear-to-ear smile is back, with Jewell insisting the allowance of transfer deadline day talks with the Tangerines was all part of a masterplan.

“I gave him the opportunity to speak to Blackpool, but I didn’t think for one second that he could agree terms with them,” said Jewell.

“It was giving him a bit of a fillip, he was always going to stay here.”

Following his £750,000 switch from Wigan, Scotland was a much-maligned figure among Ipswich supporters in his debut campaign and often criticised for being too immobile.

It must be remembered though that playing as a lone striker – which was where he was regularly deployed – is not his strength. And even then he was still able to finish the campaign as the club’s leading league scorer with 10.

Now playing as a forward partner to Michael Chopra, he has been able to fully utilise his best assets, dropping deeper to receive the ball to feet, holding off defenders and using his deft touch to bring team-mates into play.
“I think Jason deserves a lot of credit,” said Jewell. “He’s fitter than he was last year. He’s in better shape and he’s been great around the place. He didn’t start against Blackpool but he didn’t complain.

“He’s lighter than what he was last season, he’s three or four kilos lighter. He’s worked hard on his condition.”

Keep telling y'all this is what the man do and exactly what we need. We don't get enough number forward and then do not be patient and create proper goal scoring chances.

1]; } ?>