April 19, 2024, 10:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland Thread  (Read 53044 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Scotland is worth his weight
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »
Scotland is worth his weight
By Stuart Watson (Green'Un24)

Despite losing half a stone in weight this summer and impressing early on in pre-season, the 32-year-old found himself out of the picture at the start of the campaign and three weeks ago the Blues accepted a bid from Championship rivals Blackpool on transfer deadline day.

The Trinidadian – now in the last year of his contract and one of the higher earners at Portman Road – couldn’t agree terms with the newly-relegated Tangerines just days after an impressive goalscoring cameo in the 2-1 win over Leeds.

And on Monday night he proved he still has a big role to play for the Suffolk club with a fine all-round forward display in the 3-0 win over Coventry, netting the game-clinching third.

The sought-after striker’s infectious ear-to-ear smile is back, with Jewell insisting the allowance of transfer deadline day talks with the Tangerines was all part of a masterplan.

“I gave him the opportunity to speak to Blackpool, but I didn’t think for one second that he could agree terms with them,” said Jewell.

“It was giving him a bit of a fillip, he was always going to stay here.”

Following his £750,000 switch from Wigan, Scotland was a much-maligned figure among Ipswich supporters in his debut campaign and often criticised for being too immobile.

It must be remembered though that playing as a lone striker – which was where he was regularly deployed – is not his strength. And even then he was still able to finish the campaign as the club’s leading league scorer with 10.

Now playing as a forward partner to Michael Chopra, he has been able to fully utilise his best assets, dropping deeper to receive the ball to feet, holding off defenders and using his deft touch to bring team-mates into play.
“I think Jason deserves a lot of credit,” said Jewell. “He’s fitter than he was last year. He’s in better shape and he’s been great around the place. He didn’t start against Blackpool but he didn’t complain.

“He’s lighter than what he was last season, he’s three or four kilos lighter. He’s worked hard on his condition.”

Keep telling y'all this is what the man do and exactly what we need. We don't get enough number forward and then do not be patient and create proper goal scoring chances.

yea right

keep dreaming

scotland is a good club player, he has failed at intl level and will not make a difference on our national team

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2011, 03:35:53 PM »
Not sure why men insist on making derisory comments about Scotland.
At any given time, we have about 5-8 men who have not performed well for the NT, why single out Scotland?
A more positive attitude is in order. How about, "I hope that he plays well whenever we call on him."

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »
At any given time, we have about 5-8 men who have not performed well for the NT, why single out Scotland?
A more positive attitude is in order. How about, "I hope that he plays well whenever we call on him."

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
CLICK HERE to see Scotland's goal against Coventry.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

wake me up when he score goals against mexico and costa rica, or make a worthwhile contribution to the team

dem men does only play when they getting Pay

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »
maybe we should start paying our players then. Word is that again the squad from the last two games have not been paid.

We will never learn
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2011, 04:28:20 PM »
maybe we should start paying our players then. Word is that again the squad from the last two games have not been paid.

We will never learn

all sport, ttff and the govt have a big budget, those things shouldn't be happening, not in this day and age

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »

Consider the source.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »

Consider the source.

yes peong, consider the source and the merit in the argument that has been expressed by many other posters other than myself

also consider the instigator who conveniently leaves numerous facts out of his statements on the regular
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 04:54:58 PM by Controversial »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »

wake me up when he score goals against mexico and costa rica, or make a worthwhile contribution to the team

dem men does only play when they getting Pay

When has anyone else scored against these teams. You becoming a dull pain now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »
CLICK HERE to see Scotland's goal against Coventry.

Controversial you see that goal? Absolute quality. Now bump yuh gum.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
good quality good by scotland. looks good in his club level but i hope he can do it for trinidad

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »
good quality good by scotland. looks good in his club level but i hope he can do it for trinidad

When we find smart midfielders, not players who play midfield.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »

When we find smart midfielders, not players who play midfield.

so the problem rests entirely with the mid? so the onus is not on scotland as well i presume?

don't forget, intl football is a different ball game all together than club football

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2011, 02:45:48 AM »
Eh TI, why you does fight up with these blind men fuh?? if they want tuh believe that scotty is top draw, then let them!

they will come to know! when we're tied @ 0-0 if we're lucky and scotty wid all his pretty touches can't slip or evade his marker, and time is runnin out on the game clock and he can't even get ah sniff @ goal, then and only then would they wish KJ or DR were healthy enough to be on the pitch to make something happen.

leave them be until then.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2011, 05:43:46 AM »
Sam- Scotty does read the site, he say he go show yuh once he's given the chance.  :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2011, 03:03:10 PM »
Since when Jason Scotland is not quality?  Only 3 or 4 men in the history of trinidad and tobago football can claim to score more goals on the same or higher level than him on a regular basis!!

Why allyuh like to hate on allyuh own so?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2011, 03:48:35 PM »
Since when Jason Scotland is not quality?  Only 3 or 4 men in the history of trinidad and tobago football can claim to score more goals on the same or higher level than him on a regular basis!!

No body eh hatin dre, the fact is, the man doesn't show up for international duty. i rarely see scotty get into scorin position or even remotely attempt to break an offside trapp playing for T&T, the most i see from him is him takin shots from outside the box bc he's too slow too penetrate a defense.

we need players who could run @ defenders, unsettle them and create chances in the box where most of the best scoring opportunities prove fruitful. i don't ever want tuh see scotty as a froward, that's why beenhakker played him in the midfield, that's bc he's too slow and immobile as ah foward, KJ is immobile as well, but he has ah burst of speed that scotty could only dream of. i don't mind scotty on the pitch, but he has to play in the middle of the pitch and not up front, total waste of time up front IMO.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
lol Just Cool yuh take a minute to show up I say yuh was sick or something lol

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2011, 08:40:15 PM »

No body eh hatin dre, the fact is, the man doesn't show up for international duty. i rarely see scotty get into scorin position or even remotely attempt to break an offside trapp playing for T&T, the most i see from him is him takin shots from outside the box bc he's too slow too penetrate a defense.

Ah feel yuh shoulda ended yuh sentence right there.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:44 PM »
Tallman, do you really have to post so much Jason Scotland related threads.. ?

This shit is annoying especially since all de news is about de same.

He's a T&T player getting press. This is a T&T football site. What's the problem?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 01:57:30 AM »
Scotland will now drafted into the national squad for the next round of WCQ matches. Kenwyne Jones and Darryl Roberts are both injured...

Thats what I would if I was de President.  ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 07:19:25 AM »

Yeh tha's the thing, all the men who fighting down Scotland international performance  doh relally study that he's hardly ever get minutes for the national team. Since forever he's been down the pecking order in terms of other strikers. I never understood why people waste him down.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »
If I was T&T coach, Scotland will always be in my plans.

But he will never be my top choice forward.

Scotland is a proven English Division 1 and CFU international scorer.

At the Premier League and wider CONCACAF, he has not lived up to expectation.

He will never start in front men like Stern, Kenwyne and Cornel. And it seem like the new coach like Roberts.

Thats the pecking order right dey, I am very sure Scotland himself knows this.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2011, 12:22:20 PM »
Yeh tha's the thing, all the men who fighting down Scotland international performance  doh relally study that he's hardly ever get minutes for the national team. Since forever he's been down the pecking order in terms of other strikers. I never understood why people waste him down.

And rate up man like Hardest and Darryl Roberts instead.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »

He will never start in front men like Stern, Kenwyne and Cornel. And it seem like the new coach like Roberts.

I really trying not to start up Jones vs Scotland again eh, but PLEASE tell what has Jones done that is so better than Scotland at the INTERNATIONAL level? The stats don't lie. KJ has had much more opportunities that Scotland he still eh scoring no goals.

I hope none of you all into business. Cause I can see you all having a nice looking business eh making no money, but saying it looking nice.

Scotland made 41 appearances and scored 8 goals ( would like to compare minutes played)

Jones made 47 appearances and scored 5 goals ( would like to see minutes played, cause I POSITIVE he has far more minutes than Scotland)

Dennis Lawrence (defender) made 89 appearnces and scored 5 goals.

Give me a freaking break.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2011, 04:46:44 PM »

Why wont he start in front of Cornell Glen?  Who does Cornel Glen play for?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »

Do you really follow T&T football? bc if you did then you would know that last WC campaign he got more minutes than any other striker!

more than glenn, more than baptists, more than jones, more than stern, more than jorslin, more than mc farlen and definitely more than roberts who got one and ah half games for the whole campaign. scotland on the other hand featured from bermuda to USA.  do your research mack.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »

So what you're saying, roberts don't deserve the rating? lemme ask all the scotland lovers, when last did he score for us, especially in ah meaningful game? last campaign i remember scotland playing against bermuda @ the marvin lee, and he didn't have ah answer for those slow bermudan defenders.

i specifically remember how the left back and center mid kept dispossessing and shutting him down in the final third, scotty locked lost ineffective and clueless, poor stern had no help WSE, not even ah flick on by scotty, and what the dunce coach did despite of the ineffective offense, he left scotland in and brought on steve david (ah midfielder when we were down and needed ah goal badly) and of course scotty didn't not even threaten the goal one time.

on the return leg, like the coach got a touch of his senses back when he started roberts and mc farline, right away roberts was pressing and taking on defenders, he had the bermudans busy and out of sorts and before yuh know it the inevitable happened, we scored, roberts buss the net.

then when he brought on stern the team looked livelier, and with roberts torturing the defense and stern running @ defenders, they lost concentration on ah cross ball and stern headed home, after that roberts only featured once for the whole campaign against cuba in the semis.

now i don't know bout you, but if i have ah fella who knows how tuh score and run @ defenders, why would i opt for ah fella who have loads of pretty touches and holds up the ball well, but don't run @ defenders or unsettle defenses, who don't score and don't assist ? that would be extremely counter productive, wouldn't you think?

roberts played a total of 4 competitive in the last four yrs, including the last two game we played against bermuda and barbados, and he already has three goals and and two assist, now why would i not big up such a player or want him players on my first team?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:59:36 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »

I really trying not to start up Jones vs Scotland again eh, but PLEASE tell what has Jones done that is so better than Scotland at the INTERNATIONAL level? The stats don't lie. KJ has had much more opportunities that Scotland he still eh scoring no goals.

I hope none of you all into business. Cause I can see you all having a nice looking business eh making no money, but saying it looking nice.

Scotland made 41 appearances and scored 8 goals ( would like to compare minutes played)

Jones made 47 appearances and scored 5 goals ( would like to see minutes played, cause I POSITIVE he has far more minutes than Scotland)

Dennis Lawrence (defender) made 89 appearnces and scored 5 goals.

Give me a freaking break.
Dum dum! most of these appearances were as a defender / midfielder, and plenty of his froward appearances he came on as ah sub, i've also seen beenie played him on the flanks in ah few games.

as for last campaign, jones was injured for most those games in the hex, he even admitted that he was playing less than 100%, and he still managed ah goal against cuba, who did scotty score against last campaign?  :waiting:

1]; } ?>