April 26, 2024, 06:09:30 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland Thread  (Read 53266 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland is worth his weight
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
If I was T&T coach, Scotland will always be in my plans.

But he will never be my top choice forward.

Scotland is a proven English Division 1 and CFU international scorer.

At the Premier League and wider CONCACAF, he has not lived up to expectation.

He will never start in front men like Stern, Kenwyne and Cornel. And it seem like the new coach like Roberts.

Thats the pecking order right dey, I am very sure Scotland himself knows this.

I really trying not to start up Jones vs Scotland again eh, but PLEASE tell what has Jones done that is so better than Scotland at the INTERNATIONAL level? The stats don't lie. KJ has had much more opportunities that Scotland he still eh scoring no goals.

I hope none of you all into business. Cause I can see you all having a nice looking business eh making no money, but saying it looking nice.

Scotland made 41 appearances and scored 8 goals ( would like to compare minutes played)

Jones made 47 appearances and scored 5 goals ( would like to see minutes played, cause I POSITIVE he has far more minutes than Scotland)

Dennis Lawrence (defender) made 89 appearnces and scored 5 goals.

Give me a freaking break.

I really don't know when we stopped using KJ as a defender and moved him up front but I don't recall Beenie ever playing him behind.

Since Beenie was coach to now, KJ made 33 appearances whereas Scotland made 24.

KJ had 18 starts, (of which 9 full games) and 15 sub appearances.
At least one of those sub appearances came in the first half of a game but he was also substituted 11 minutes into the England game due to injury.

He's scored against Bermuda twice, Cuba, Panama and Peru

Scotland had 14 starts (of which 4 full games) and 9 substitute appearances (at least two were in the last 10 minutes of the game).
He's scored against the Dominican Republic (4 times), Finland, Martinique, Grenada and South Korea, but only his hatrick against the Dominican Republic in the 9-0 romp have come since Beenie.

Overall according to my claculations since the 25th May 2005 = Beenie's first game/KJ's first goal,
KJ has played roughly 1800 minutes for T&T and Scotty played 900.

Last campaign KJ played 11 matches, starting 9, of which 7 full games. Ironically his only goal came in a match in which he was substituted.
Scotland had 4 starts and 3 sub appearances (of which 2 cobo sweat). He played one full game, the opening loss to Bermuda
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »
Yeh tha's the thing, all the men who fighting down Scotland international performance  doh relally study that he's hardly ever get minutes for the national team. Since forever he's been down the pecking order in terms of other strikers. I never understood why people waste him down.

And rate up man like Hardest and Darryl Roberts instead.

He will never start in front men like Stern, Kenwyne and Cornel. And it seem like the new coach like Roberts.

I really trying not to start up Jones vs Scotland again eh, but PLEASE tell what has Jones done that is so better than Scotland at the INTERNATIONAL level? The stats don't lie. KJ has had much more opportunities that Scotland he still eh scoring no goals.

I hope none of you all into business. Cause I can see you all having a nice looking business eh making no money, but saying it looking nice.

Scotland made 41 appearances and scored 8 goals ( would like to compare minutes played)

Jones made 47 appearances and scored 5 goals ( would like to see minutes played, cause I POSITIVE he has far more minutes than Scotland)

Dum dum! most of these appearances were as a defender / midfielder, and plenty of his froward appearances he came on as ah sub, i've also seen beenie played him on the flanks in ah few games.

as for last campaign, jones was injured for most those games in the hex, he even admitted that he was playing less than 100%, and he still managed ah goal against cuba, who did scotty score against last campaign?  :waiting:

Well argue with what Midknight put up nah In case yuh cyah find it I will quote it for yuh.

I really don't know when we stopped using KJ as a defender and moved him up front but I don't recall Beenie ever playing him behind.

Since Beenie was coach to now, KJ made 33 appearances whereas Scotland made 24.

KJ had 18 starts, (of which 9 full games) and 15 sub appearances.
At least one of those sub appearances came in the first half of a game but he was also substituted 11 minutes into the England game due to injury.

He's scored against Bermuda twice, Cuba, Panama and Peru

Scotland had 14 starts (of which 4 full games) and 9 substitute appearances (at least two were in the last 10 minutes of the game).
He's scored against the Dominican Republic (4 times), Finland, Martinique, Grenada and South Korea, but only his hatrick against the Dominican Republic in the 9-0 romp have come since Beenie.

Overall according to my claculations since the 25th May 2005 = Beenie's first game/KJ's first goal,
KJ has played roughly 1800 minutes for T&T and Scotty played 900.

Last campaign KJ played 11 matches, starting 9, of which 7 full games. Ironically his only goal came in a match in which he was substituted.
Scotland had 4 starts and 3 sub appearances (of which 2 cobo sweat). He played one full game, the opening loss to Bermuda

Yuh whant some TP for all what yuh talking.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
Look how men disappear from this thread boy.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »
men like just cool don't often like to admit they wrong bout ppl elan, doh study it

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »
men like just cool don't often like to admit they wrong bout ppl elan, doh study it
Stop callin up meh name boy! elan is ah forkin dunce! that's all the sense yuh have? tuh encourage me in dialogue wid ah manikin.

if ah man could watch me wid ah straight face and compare jason scotland with kenwyne jones, to the point where he wants tuh claim that soctland is ah better more valuable player on any level, is ah rank breadfruit head! stuuepppsss

PS: let him have his say for now, he'll come to know.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »
lol

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »

E I've read the responses and this is what I think. 

Firstly, the perception is that International ball is a different ball than club ball.  The potential to meet generally better players is very high and the World Cup qualification is a big thing.  It's not like these fellas come in and play for a entire season, most of the time is for only one game.  So coaches would mostly pick their teams based on club level play.  This may change when the coach gets a better look in practice. It may also changed based on tactical reasons.  That means KJ will always be ahead of Scotty because based on where they play coaches would hedge their bets on certain players.   The position is then for the players to loose.   KJ has played at a higher club level with more success than Scotty, and that's enough.   A better case could be made for Scotty verses Darrell or Glenn.  He might be a good 3rd option from the bench.  He's a good player I think he'll get a serious look as the stakes get higher. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
Stop callin up meh name boy! elan is ah forkin dunce! that's all the sense yuh have? tuh encourage me in dialogue wid ah manikin.

if ah man could watch me wid ah straight face and compare jason scotland with kenwyne jones, to the point where he wants tuh claim that soctland is ah better more valuable player on any level, is ah rank breadfruit head! stuuepppsss

PS: let him have his say for now, he'll come to know.

Eh JC you is ah big SAPPY c**t. I never ever said that Scotty better than KJ of vice versa. Get  de chizz out of yuh F#$king eyes. You is the one who arguing who better, yuh lil Nani.

Look evidence and yuh still talking shyte.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »

E I've read the responses and this is what I think. 

Firstly, the perception is that International ball is a different ball than club ball.  The potential to meet generally better players is very high and the World Cup qualification is a big thing.  It's not like these fellas come in and play for a entire season, most of the time is for only one game.  So coaches would mostly pick their teams based on club level play.  This may change when the coach gets a better look in practice. It may also changed based on tactical reasons.  That means KJ will always be ahead of Scotty because based on where they play coaches would hedge their bets on certain players.   The position is then for the players to loose.   KJ has played at a higher club level with more success than Scotty, and that's enough.   A better case could be made for Scotty verses Darrell or Glenn.  He might be a good 3rd option from the bench.  He's a good player I think he'll get a serious look as the stakes get higher. 

I don't really care who get to play or who eh play. We does score goal by luck in more recent times, so it does not matter who is the forward. Look at them shyte goal KJ miss in de last outing and pot hound JC and them making excuses about de field bumpy  :rotfl: 

All I saying is don't say that KJ should be picked ahead of Scotty becuase he produces better and Scotty don't produce anything because the numbers clearly show that that is not so.

Anyone that knows this game knows that Scotland is a quality forward. He is very dynamic in his movement and highly intelligent in his understanding of the forward role. The guy is brilliant.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2011, 03:17:43 AM »
Elan, look how you cussin like ah george st jammett, :heehee: just bc i told the truth. it's amazing what the truth could do to ppl who lack overstanding.

BTW, yuh see how much of ah zig zag character you are,  you went through all that trouble to post the international stats on KJ vs scotty, but yet still you could stand there and type with ah straight face claiming you never intended to compare scotty with KJ or that scotty is worthier than KJ, so what was the reason for the stats, terrazzo head ?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:33:42 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
Elan, look how you cussin like ah george st jammett, :heehee: just bc i told the truth. it's amazing what the truth could do to ppl who lack overstanding.

BTW, yuh see how much of ah zig zag character you are,  you went through all that trouble to post the international stats on KJ vs scotty, but yet still you could stand there and type with ah straight face claiming you never intended to compare scotty with KJ or that scotty is worthier than KJ, so what was the reason for the stats, terrazzo head ?

Again you cannot read. YOU SAID THAT SCOTTY DON"T SCORE GOALS. I was showing you that you cannot say that based on the stats available, you were telling a lie. I USED the stats to disprove what you said, not to come out with who better. I am typing a bit slower now.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »

Again you cannot read. YOU SAID THAT SCOTTY DON"T SCORE GOALS. I was showing you that you cannot say that based on the stats available, you were telling a lie. I USED the stats to disprove what you said, not to come out with who better. I am typing a bit slower now.
And i was on point with that statement! tell me mr statistics, when last did scotty scored for us in ah WCQ ? as ah matter of fact i could tell yuh the last time he scored for T&T, it was ah meaningless friendly against the dominican republic, and he scored ah hatrick in ah 9 -0 drubbing.

so he scored ah hattrick against ah walk in the park team, right up his alley, scoring on easy teams, but when last he scored in competitive meaningful game? well i would tell you, not last campaign nor the campaign before! so yes he's ah nonscoring forward, waste of space IMO.

Eh elan, yuhs ah real moke yuh know, here in this post yuh start by saying yuh don't want tuh compare the two, but observe later in the post where yuh actually taking sides by under cutting KJ's accomplishment claiming that his strike rate was unacceptable, and even compared him to ah central defender who has the same goal tally on an international level.

note, every thing that was said about scotty was without dissatisfaction, but KJ was met with full unadulterated disgust, to the point where yuh ended your post with more disgust saying "give me ah freaking break" directed towards KJ's performance.

after that i later explained that KJ played a lot of those game as ah defender and midfielder, whereas scotty was for the most part an attacking player.

it's really disgusting to see how far some posters will go to win an argument, that's why i loww the post and this another scotland lover "arazi" revived it. i really don't like tuh discuss nothing with you, bc yuhs ah real head case and yuh don't ever concede, even when you're wrong as fack. so have the last say bro.     take win.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »
just cool yuh playin the victim real good.
Yuh also claimed that Scotty played the whole of the last hex.
I eh see a retraction of that statement yet!
Better send a letter of apology to Scotland yes, the man musbe want to facebook post about the ungrateful T&T fans all now.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ipswich Town striker Jason Scotland 'not feeling himself'
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2011, 01:44:58 PM »
Ipswich Town striker Jason Scotland 'not feeling himself'
BBC Sport

Ipswich Town boss Paul Jewell has said issues away from football have contributed towards Jason Scotland's dip in form.

The 31-year-old striker was left out of the squad for Saturday's loss to Doncaster.

"Jason hasn't been feeling himself. He's been feeling very sluggish," Jewell told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"Without going into too much detail, more stuff goes on than maybe supporters know about."

After featuring in 12 games this season, Scotland was replaced by Hungarian frontman Tamas Priskin, who was making his first start since being told he could leave Portman Road in September.

"Jason's just felt a bit tired and sluggish," continued Jewell.

"I had a chat with him on Thursday and Friday and I thought 'there's no point putting him on the bench, I'll give Tamas a go'."

Full-back Carlos Edwards was also removed from the Town starting line-up, with on-loan Manchester City right-back Reece Wabara taking his place.

Edwards, 33, received a suspended jail sentence last month for driving without a licence and Jewell believes it has affected his performances.

"Carlos has had a lot going on in his life the last few weeks. I just felt it's caught up with him the last few games," said the Town boss.

"I decided to give Reece a go, it was a tough game for Reece to come into, where the rest of the team were edgy and jittery."

Jewell struggled to find reasons to praise his side following a third straight defeat, but he did approve of the impact of his three substitutes.

Priskin's replacement, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, and wingers Lee Martin and Josh Carson, who scored, contributed towards Ipswich's attempted recovery from 3-0 down to 3-2.

"If there's any positives Josh Carson came on and showed energy and desire. Lee Martin stretched the game a bit," said Jewell.

"And Emmanuel-Thomas, with the goal he created for Michael Chopra, was a plus.

"But I'm not kidding myself. This is a big job, a hard job. A job I look forward to coming into every day with relish but it's really tough at the minute."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland on march with Dad's Army
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »
Jason Scotland on march with Dad's Army
By James McMath (Daily Star)

IPSWICH’S Dad’s Army have what it takes to launch an assault on the Premier League, according to veter- an striker Jason Scotland.

Seven straight defeats had left boss Paul Jewell on the brink, but his experienced troops earned him a spectacular reprieve.

Scotland, 32, said: “Football is a results game and, when you don’t get them, there is pressure and people look at the manager.

“It is hard to tell whether his job is on the line or not, but when you are not getting results, your job is up for grabs.

“It is a big three points and things have changed.”

Barnsley led 2-0 at half-time through a Craig Davies penalty and Ricardo Vaz Te’s diving header.

But Ipswich roared back after the break, with Keith Andrews bagging a four- minute brace.

Defender Danny Collins headed the visitors in front and Michael Chopra rifled a low shot in off the post to make it 4-2.

Scotland added a fifth when he swept home Aaron Cresswell’s cross in the 83rd minute before Davies scored for Barnsley with a free-kick from 20 yards.

Scotland was one of six players over 30 in the starting line-up.

He said: “Everybody has the hunger and still want to play in the Premier League.

“Early on in the season, when we were about fourth in the table, we were having fantasies when we spoke of getting back into top flight.

“We still have dreams. I want the big time and another crack and so does everybody else.”

Defeat ended a run of four wins in a row for Barnsley.

Manager Keith Hill said: “I won’t condemn the players too much because this is the nature of the league we’re playing in.

“I have to give credit to Ipswich. When you look at some of the players they have, it’s a Premier League team.

“They’ve had a bad sequence of results but goals give you energy.

“Our goals in the first half energised us, but the goals they got at the start of the second half gave them energy.

“I’ve got to expect and shoulder that type of result.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Start the negotiations gaffer! – Jason Scotland wants to stay at Ipswich Town
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2011, 05:49:50 AM »
Start the negotiations gaffer! – Jason Scotland wants to stay at Ipswich Town
By Stuart Watson (Green'Un24)

JASON Scotland hopes his impressive performance at Barnsley will kick-start negotiations over a new Ipswich Town contract.

The powerful front man played an integral part in the Blues’ incredible second-half fightback at Oakwell on Saturday, scoring the fifth as Paul Jewell’s men came from 2-0 down at the break to win 5-3 and record their first points in eight Championship games.

It was an individual display which will undoubtedly have caught the eye of numerous clubs who had watched on via the Sky television cameras.

That’s because, with little over eight months of his two-year deal left to run, the 32-year-old Trinidadian will be able to speak to other clubs regarding an end-of-season Bosman free transfer switch come the start of the New Year.

However, despite the fact that Blues boss Paul Jewell gave him permission to speak to Championship rivals Blackpool just prior to the summer transfer window closing, Scotland’s preference would be still be to remain in Suffolk.

“I’m just giving my all in each and every game, trying to perform well for the club and then we’ll see what happens,” said striker, who admitted the team owed a good performance to the fans and their under-fire manager.

“I haven’t talked to the gaffer yet but I want to stay and I’m enjoying my football.”

Throughout Town’s recent seven-game losing streak, criticism was levelled at the squad’s experienced players – the majority of whom have played in the top-flight – for not caring enough about their team’s position.

That’s something Scotland – who played in the Premier League with Wigan – strongly disputes though, saying: “I think everyone still has the hunger and they want to play in the Premier League. When we were winning games, we were having fantasies of getting into the top flight. People still have dreams of playing in the big time. I certainly still want a crack of it.

“We would like to think we could get back up there again. It has been difficult, we lost a few on the bounce and confidence went. Some games we were unlucky and some games didn’t go our way. But hopefully we can get a couple of wins under our belts and move back up again.”

Scotland is one of a number of Town players in the final year of their contracts, the list including the likes of captain Grant Leadbitter, winger Josh Carson and right-back Carlos Edwards – the latter having already been linked with a move to American side LA Galaxy this week.

Back in the summer, Jewell insisted that he would not let the contract situation drag on as long as it did last season under previous boss Roy Keane – the Blues eventually losing key men Gareth McAuley and David Norris for nothing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lee Bowyer has sympathy with Jason Scotland over penalty award
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2011, 08:34:26 AM »
Lee Bowyer has sympathy with Jason Scotland over penalty award
By Dave Gooderham (Green'Un24)

STRIKE duo Michael Chopra and Jason Scotland were the Town villains yesterday as the Blues were forced to settle for a point at Leicester City.

Lee Bowyer’s fourth-minute opener was cancelled out by Paul Gallagher’s second-half penalty as honours were even at the King Power Stadium.

A draw at the home of the pre-season favourites is not to be sniffed at with the Blues once again demonstrating admirable resilience in front of Arran Lee-Barrett’s goal.

But it could have been a third straight win if Chopra had scored from the spot during a frantic opening – Kasper Schmeichel saving after Lee Martin had been brought down with less than 30 seconds played.

And then his strike partner Scotland had a moment of madness defending a corner, controlling the ball with his hand to gift Leicester a point with their own spot kick.

But Town boss Paul Jewell said: “It was a good point. It is always tinged with a little disappointment when you take the lead, but seven points out of nine is good form.

“There was plenty of pressure (from Leicester) but our keeper has only had one save to make with his feet. The only disappointing thing is we had a few situations on the break that we didn’t quite make the most of.

“It was two evenly-matched teams and a typical Championship game.”

After seeing a few Town players try to grab the ball before Chopra’s failed spot-kick, Jewell added: “I spoke to the fourth official and he told me we did well to get a penalty in the first minute – as if they are not meant to be given early.

“(The taker) was sorted out beforehand so I don’t know what happened there. He didn’t hit it very well but it was decided before the game that Chopra was on the penalties.”

And of Scotland’s indiscretion, team-mate Lee Bowyer said: “I was on the wrong side to see it but Jason admits he did catch it with his hand.

“He didn’t mean to though, obviously – no one is silly enough to do that in their own box. Without the penalty, I don’t think they would have scored.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland’s Ipswich future up in the air
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:58 AM »
Jason Scotland’s Ipswich future up in the air after coming close to joining Bristol City
By Dave Gooderham (Ipswich Star)

JASON Scotland’s future with the Blues is looking increasingly bleak after Paul Jewell admitted only an 11th hour U-turn stopped the striker moving to tomorrow’s opponents Bristol City.

Scotland, who is out of contract in the summer, has suffered a fall from grace after going from being a key member of Jewell’s team to languishing on the bench for the last five matches.

While the 33-year-old is just three league starts from earning a new contract on the same wages, Town boss Jewell has admitted Scotland was close to exiting Portman Road on loan two short weeks ago.

And the striker – who was happy to make the switch to Ashton Gate – must now be considering his future away from Suffolk with the manager close to sanctioning the move.

Jewell revealed: “I met Derek McInnes (Bristol City boss) after the game when we played Portsmouth because he was at the match. We spoke about Jason and had an open and frank discussion.

“I let Jason know exactly what was happening and in the end I decided not to let him go. Jason was quite happy with that, he was happy to go and play, but Bristol City were down at the wrong end of the table so we decided not to let it happen.”

Scotland was close to joining Blackpool before the end of the August transfer window but the Seasiders were unable to match his high wages.

Though Jewell has always said he would play his international striker, without considering his contract stipulations, the form of Michael Chopra, and Lee Martin in a withdrawn role, has left Scotland watching on from the sidelines.

There are still 14 matches left but Jewell seems happy to stick with one upfront which has largely heralded an upturn in fortunes.

With no fresh injury problems to report, and with defender Tommy Smith set to return to training this morning following his ardous international duty, Jewell must decide whether to bring in a fresh face or two in the wake of last Saturday’s 3-0 defeat to Brighton.

But with Bristol City just one place off the bottom three and Town seemingly turning the corner, fans will arrive at Portman Road in good heart.

With one eye on the future, Jewell said: “We want to get the crowd excited, it’s up to us to get them excited and get them back next season.

“We want a vibrant team, full of energy that the supporters can get excited about for the future.”

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
keep going soldier
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Iz a real hustle out there, oui
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland rescues point for Ipswich at Palace
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
Jason Scotland rescues point for Ipswich at Palace
By Dave Gooderham (East Anglian Daily Times)

A CRACKING strike out of the blue from Jason Scotland earned Ipswich a point from a rather flat 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.

The striker didn’t appear to have a lot on when he picked up the ball on the left wing in the 59th minute.

But he cut inside England Under-21 right-back Nathaniel Clyne and hit a fantastic right-foot rocket to net his eighth of the season.

Scotland’s goal was out of keeping with a lacklustre match that distinctly had an end-of-seson feel to it.

But it could have been worse after a 36th minute goal from Norwich City loanee Chris Martin gave Crystal Palace a half-time lead at Selhurst Park.

Martin rounded off a fine move from the home side involving Clyne and Sean Scannell to give the Eagles a 1-0 lead which didn’t really tell the story of the first half.

Town bossed possession for the vast majority of the 45 minutes and created far more chances, albeit largely from distance.

Scotland was inches away from getting on the end of Aaron Cresswell’s teasing cross before a clever free-kick routine ended with Grant Leadbitter shooting just wide.

Jay Emmnanuel-Thomas got in on the long-range act but he could find no way past Palace keeper Julian Speroni.

And on 23 minutes, and against the run of play, the hosts should have taken the lead when Wilfried Zaha’s smart reverse pass released ex-Town midfielder Darren Ambrose but he was denied by a strong block from the onrushing Arran Lee-Barrett.

Town continued to make the better chances, a diving Speroni saving well from Jason Scotland’s volley before Palace broke the deadlock in the 36th minute.

Ipswich had controlled possession without really getting behind their opponents who proved to be more lethal in front of goal.

As in recent matches, Town struggled at the start of the second half before Scotland’s shock equaliser.

It was just what the visitors needed but neither side were able to produce the necessary cutting edge to win the match.

Ambrose shot straight at Lee-Barrett from the edge of the area while at the other end a short corner released Lee Martin whose powerful drive was deflected off Owen Garvan but flew just wide of the far post in the 69th minute.

Scannell fired wide when released by Garvan before Carlos Edwards’ deep cross was met by Daryl Murphy who headed onto the roof of the net.

Town had a scare in the 81st minute when Zaha found himself one-on-one with Cresswell and went down in the area but the referee waved play on.

It would have been harsh on the left-back and Ipswich with neither side deserving anything more than a point.

Though it was the Blues who almost won it when Edwards’ injury-time piledriver flew just over.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goal hero Jason Scotland pleased with Town comeback
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
Goal hero Jason Scotland pleased with Town comeback
By Dave Gooderham (East Anglian Daily Times)

JASON Scotland has insisted his second half equaliser in this afternoon’s 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace was the least Ipswich Town deserved.

The Blues striker hit a cracker to earn Ipswich a point on their travels after Town had gone in at the break one down following Chris Martin’s opener.

But Scotland said: “I thought we deserved the three points. We started off well for the first half an hour with a few shots on target. We were disappointed to go in 1-0 down.

“I think we dominated the first and second half but that is how the game goes. We haven’t played well in the second half recently but credit the boys – we did well to come back.”

Scotland scored his eight of the season when he cut inside Palace right-back Nathaniel Clyne and hit a fantastic strike with his right foot.

He explained: “Having a shot wasn’t on my mind when I got the ball but the guy (Clyne) cut off the line and showed me the inside so that’s what I did.

“I came inside and no one confronted me so I thought why not have a shot? It was on my right foot, I just went for goal, it was a good strike and it went in.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland hopes his super strike will seal a new deal with the Blues
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:07 AM »
Jason Scotland hopes his super strike will seal a new deal with the Blues
By Dave Gooderham (Ipswich Star)

JASON Scotland hopes his wonder strike at Crystal Palace will prove the clincher to him earning a new contract.

The veteran striker rolled back the years with a wonderful equaliser at Selhurst Park as Ipswich came back to earn a deserved point in Saturday’s 1-1 draw.

And ex-Swansea hitman Scotland, again preferred to out-of-sorts Michael Chopra, reiterated his desire to remain at Portman Road as his current contract nears its conclusion.

The 33-year-old last month waived his right to a new deal – on the same money – if he made 19 league starts.

And after ironically reaching that total in Saturday’s draw, Scotland said: “It was a difficult decision (to waive the deal).

“With the two games to go, I understand why the club couldn’t start me. So I went in and spoke to the gaffer and told him I just want to play.

“I was on the bench and not starting, but I just want to enjoy my football and see where it takes me. I want to stay. I’m talking with the owner and the gaffer and we will just have to wait and see.”

Scotland took his season’s tally to eight, still one behind former loanee Keith Andrew, but immediately set himself a target for the remaining three matches of the season.

The striker, who is due to meet with owner Marcus Evans tomorrow, explained: “It was the best goal I have scored this season – a good one from distance.

“I’m happy with my form. I came in against Leicester last Monday and have now scored two in two. There are a few games left and I just want to enjoy it – I would like to get 10 for the season.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland set to sign new Ipswich Town deal
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2012, 05:27:48 AM »
Jason Scotland set to sign new Ipswich Town deal – and Ricardo Fuller could follow
By Stuart Watson (Ipswich Star)

JASON Scotland may be on the verge of signing a new contract at Ipswich Town, but that has not stopped manager Paul Jewell sounding out free agent Ricardo Fuller over a potential move to Portman Road.

After playing an important part in the Blues’ season – often as an impact sub – it’s understood that striker Scotland will finally pen a new one-deal deal upon his return from holiday in his native Trinidad.

Like fellow Trinidadian club-mate Carlos Edwards, it will be on reduced terms with a clause entitling him to an automatic second year if he starts a certain number of games next season.

Jewell is still keen to further strengthen a forward line which remains thin on the ground though.

And a source close to Stoke City has told the EADT that enquiries have been made by the Blues regarding what it would take to bring forward Fuller to Suffolk.

At 32 years of age, the former Jamaica international does not fit into Jewell’s switch in policy – the Blues boss having promised fans that he was looking to bring in ‘young and hungry’ players rather than experienced professionals dropping down from the top-flight at the end of their careers.

However, with Edwards, Scotland, Damien Delaney and the out-of-favour duo of Jimmy Bullard and Nathan Ellington the only players currently aged over 30 in the squad, the Blues boss feels there is still scope to add of at least one established name.

Potters fans have voiced their disappointment at Fuller being released this summer following a return of 50 goals from more than 200 appearances at the Premier League club.

And Blues supporters will remember him fondly from his brief loan spell at Portman Road in 2006, the then Southampton player scoring twice in three games before the Potters beat Town to his £500,000 signature that summer.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland set to sign new Ipswich Town deal
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
Pulis cleaning house.........
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
One of de shittest player in a T&T shirt is Jason Scotland but at club level, he pretty decent.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
it have shittyer Sam
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason signs new deal
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2012, 05:51:52 AM »
Jason signs new deal
itfc.co.uk

Jason Scotland has signed a new one year deal at Portman Road.

The 33-year-old striker was out of contract at the Club at the end of last season but always made it clear that he wanted to remain with Blues.

"There was never any doubt that Jason was going to stay," Town boss Paul Jewell told the Club website.

"He had a few issues that he needed to sort out and he's done that and we're pleased to have him around the place again. He certainly adds to the noise!

"He knows that he's not going to start and finish every game but what he showed last season is that he can have an impact on matches.

"He's a great character to have in the dressing-room and he will have an important part to play for us next season, whether it's coming off the bench or playing the first hour or so."

Jason, who joined Town from Wigan in August 2010, has scored 19 goals in 81 appearances for the Club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2012, 09:46:10 AM »
Great for him.  Do what yuh normally does!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2012, 12:20:49 PM »
Quality player

1]; } ?>