April 26, 2024, 10:15:55 PM

Author Topic: Cornell Glen Update!!  (Read 7619 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Cornell Glen Update!!
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:39:29 PM »
I spoke to Glen today...after what he described as a very hectic,yet enjoyable day..which consisted of moving the majority of his belongings from Denver to his new residence in Los Angeles,having his first official practice with his new squad and finiding out that he was selected for the T&T WC squad.If his msn messenger screen name'ah going an light it up in Germany' didn't say what was the number one thought on his mind..then de fact that he had Maximus Dan's 'Fighter' on repeat for de whole convo(which lasted for quite a while)said it all.Despite the evident tiredness in his voice,it was no secret that he was in a EXTREMELY confident /jolly mood...he listed some of the reasons for his mood....
1. Feeling very comfortable and at home with his new squad(especially considering that he hasn't spent much time in the city or with his new team/teamates)
2.The kinda of love and respect that he's gotten and been shown from the LA organisation..teamates,coaching staff and fans.
3.The fact that LA Galaxy practices(so far) have been centered around the attacking formation of him and Herculez Gomez up top with Landon Donavan right behind..hinting that he may start this weekend against Real Salt Lake.
4.Physically and fitness wise he's never felt soooooooooooooo GOOD in his professional career.EVER!!
5.And obviously....... his WC Squad selection.
I could keep going..but..i have to leave material for de Cornell Glen exclusive interview...coming soon!!! if all yuh have any questions that y'all would like asked in de interview PM them to me.
Laterz. :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:43:15 PM by #8 a.k.a Speedy »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Glen Update!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:00:07 PM »
Good news.  The psychological state of a player is one of the most overlooked and underrated issues surrounding player performance.  I'm happy to hear...IF THIS IS INDEED ACCURATE (and I eh have no reason to doubt #8 aka Speedy)...that Cornell feelin this good and settlin in ok.  If he on top of his form, he could be an excellent weapon to have in we arsenal come June 10.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:04:33 PM »
speedy ask him if he remember being in cubscouts in st agnes anglican primary  i hav a pic wit me an him in it

hahahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bring d exclusive quick on a real note
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 09:50:54 PM »
speedy ask him if he remember being in cubscouts in st agnes anglican primary  i hav a pic wit me an him in it

hahahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bring d exclusive quick on a real note

ah see it shotta was taking ah picture and glen in de back with his full cubs scouts attire watching like he jealous :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

he uniform was tighttttttttttttttttttt :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »
So they training with him in mind?! Interesting! From the statements they made when they bought him, they seem to be really interested in what he could do.
   This man will be in my starting line-up. He have a aggressiveness no other Trini possess right now. Cornell Glenn does play like he want to buss the net whenever he step on the field. That is the kinda men we need, bad-mind men. Anyway, good post #8.  Keep we informed! :beermug:
Ketch footballitis

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 10:51:51 PM »
great to hear!

god job speedy...

tell him The Warrior Nation are all rooting for him.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 07:05:50 AM »
Ask Cornell why he doh jes post here as he self instead ah some character named Speedy.

Thanks ;D

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:13 AM »
I spoke to Glen today...after what he described as a very hectic,yet enjoyable day..which consisted of moving the majority of his belongings from Denver to his new residence in Los Angeles,having his first official practice with his new squad and finiding out that he was selected for the T&T WC squad.If his msn messenger screen name'ah going an light it up in Germany' didn't say what was the number one thought on his mind..then de fact that he had Maximus Dan's 'Fighter' on repeat for de whole convo(which lasted for quite a while)said it all.Despite the evident tiredness in his voice,it was no secret that he was in a EXTREMELY confident /jolly mood...he listed some of the reasons for his mood....
1. Feeling very comfortable and at home with his new squad(especially considering that he hasn't spent much time in the city or with his new team/teamates)
2.The kinda of love and respect that he's gotten and been shown from the LA organisation..teamates,coaching staff and fans.
3.The fact that LA Galaxy practices(so far) have been centered around the attacking formation of him and Herculez Gomez up top with Landon Donavan right behind..hinting that he may start this weekend against Real Salt Lake.
4.Physically and fitness wise he's never felt soooooooooooooo GOOD in his professional career.EVER!!
5.And obviously....... his WC Squad selection.
I could keep going..but..i have to leave material for de Cornell Glen exclusive interview...coming soon!!! if all yuh have any questions that y'all would like asked in de interview PM them to me.
Laterz. :beermug:
tanx ah appreciate de update

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:47:21 AM »
nice man

Doh stick with the Glen interview eh Speedy  :beermug:

it will be good to hear Glen's thoughts since he eh play national fuh a while, to get some more confidence on Beenie's choice

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »
Ah cud imagine Glen ear tuh ear
An as Jeffers said de warrior nation supports you

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »
Ask Cornell why he doh jes post here as he self instead ah some character named Speedy.

Thanks ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl:..awe gaum all yuh not easy oui.....files getting buss  ;D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »
niceness!!

ah going and light it up in germany!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 01:40:09 PM »
i would go out on ah lime and say speedy was better in he days

matter af fact speedy had wayyyyyyyyy more goals than glen

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »
I would love to see Beenie find a a place for Glen where he can be most effective.
Good luck Glen.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 10:04:04 PM »

Thanks ;D
truetrini as much as i does wish i had Glen's technical ability, professional and international football accomplishments...we're not the same person(even though i have a different Glen jersey for everyday of the week and does wear them like is my name on de back ;D)..he is capable of posting on his own as he has his own identity on this site..we're real close that's all. :beermug:

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:06:12 PM by #8 a.k.a Speedy »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »

Thanks ;D

dat is like taking off Clarke Kent's glasses...like yuh want everybody to recognize him oh what.. ;D

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »
i would go out on ah lime and say speedy was better in he days

matter af fact speedy had wayyyyyyyyy more goals than glen
fadder you is something else yes ;D...but all jokes aside..other than speed for speed,size and de goal department when we were at that age...he (Glen was always light years ahead of me...he always was gifted with with both feet..i only developed my left foot thoroughly after leaving trinidad...plus i consider myself a converted footballer because my early years it was track inside out till st.james sec days...for him it was football inside out.. it was grovy that put the whole professional footballer thought in my head at St. Anthony's..Glen on de other hand..that's all de fellar would talk about..playing football at de highest level..he always knew that it was what he was going to do.bless up. :beermug:

#8.. President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »
Good segway , Track + football = speed demon  :devil:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 10:51:30 PM »
Good segway , Track + football = speed demon  :devil:

lets hope speed demon can put the ball in the bloody net and make we proud... Ive been waiting for Cornel to light up the MLS and the world for long enough know... other than because ah limin wit Kerry... Cornell was the only reason I would support Macurapo football... Meh coach Marlon was a mocarapo fellah too... soo he better make dem porud in truth...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 11:39:29 PM »
Offcourse he could ,just run like mara

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »
speedy where d interview??

yuh stickin
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 11:04:39 AM »

yuh stickin

he done have them interviews already

iz i sticking :rotfl:

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 05:26:19 PM »

yuh stickin
horse.. i ask ah certain brethren a mine from morvant(i won't call no names ;D.but call ah name and i go whistle ;D) to help meh post some recent pics of de men ah interview..ah still waiting on de fella yes...de man remind ah he boy jody back in st.james sec days when i used to send to jody to pick up meh lunch for me by de cafateria..jody used to end up tracking every gyal that pass him on de way to de cafateria.plus end up in ah football sweat..before picking up my lunch..by de time he reach back lunch time almost done. :devil:

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 06:03:57 PM »

thanks for the update

good news....

bless

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 06:17:09 PM »

yuh stickin
horse.. i ask ah certain brethren a mine from morvant(i won't call no names ;D.but call ah name and i go whistle ;D) to help meh post some recent pics of de men ah interview..ah still waiting on de fella yes...de man remind ah he boy jody back in st.james sec days when i used to send to jody to pick up meh lunch for me by de cafateria..jody used to end up tracking every gyal that pass him on de way to de cafateria.plus end up in ah football sweat..before picking up my lunch..by de time he reach back lunch time almost done. :devil:

You sound like you was de dan..better yet de Don of SJC horse
So far from what I read,,,, man still givin yuh props years later...seems like yuh was some kinda 'protector' enforcer for the lower forms, top school athlete AND use to have man hookin up delivery service fuh lunch too??

Change yuh handle to #8 aka la trini cosa nostra  ;)
Lookin forward to the interview...being held back by the one you dare not name
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 06:31:41 PM »
Speedy if you need someone to post pictures for you... just let me know...

you can email dem to me and I can post them up for you
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 11:52:01 PM »

yuh stickin

You sound like you was de dan..better yet de Don of SJC horse
So far from what I read,,,, man still givin yuh props years later...seems like yuh was some kinda 'protector' enforcer for the lower forms, top school athlete AND use to have man hookin up delivery service fuh lunch too??

Change yuh handle to #8 aka la trini cosa nostra  ;)
Lookin forward to the interview...being held back by the one you dare not name
bless up dutty :beermug:..call it whatever.. by whatever term you choose...like i said..at SJS i made sure that everything was on point,lower form students always felt safe inside and outside the school etc...as for de lunch thing i used to ALWAYS pay for my lunch service..when i got lunch from de cafateria, i wasn't really into de standing up in line waiting for my food ;)...or if i ordered kfc or pizza for a whole block..it was understood that i payed and someone else had to go get it at de front gate when it reach ;)...as for de interview it coming VERY soon. :beermug:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 12:03:44 AM »
boy go and sleep nah boy :rotfl:

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 03:15:22 AM »
my striker light up de place and you talking bout go and sleep..all yuh good yes ;D..if yuh see meh in full LA GALAXY kit ah all most mash up de centre table fuss de man raise meh pressure with all them chance he miss ;D

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 03:16:27 AM »
my striker light up de place and you talking bout go and sleep..all yuh good yes ;D..if yuh see meh in full LA GALAXY kit ah all most mash up de centre table fuss de man raise meh pressure with all them chance he miss ;D

yea well i hope they treat him like ah real teamate...

1]; } ?>