April 24, 2024, 05:37:46 PM

Author Topic: Is Shaka Serious? West Ham over World Cup?  (Read 3065 times)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Is Shaka Serious? West Ham over World Cup?
« on: April 13, 2006, 06:00:19 AM »
Source: World Footballers

Hammers star risks World Cup spot   

West Ham keeper Shaka Hislop will risk his World Cup dream with Trinidad to help West Ham to FA Cup glory.

The Hammers are just one win away from the May 13 FA Cup final.

But Trinidad host Peru in a warm-up in Port of Spain on May 10.

Keeper Hislop, 37, insists playing at the Millennium Stadium if West Ham make it to Cardiff will take priority.

He said: “If West Ham get to the final, I won’t join up with Trinidad. So forcing my way into the team will be harder if I can’t play against Peru.”

Similar story at The Sun:

SHAKA HISLOP is ready to risk his World Cup dream with Trinidad to help West Ham to FA Cup glory, writes VIKKI ORVICE.

The Hammers are just one win away from the May 13 FA Cup final.

But Trinidad — who are in England’s group — host Peru in a warm-up in Port of Spain on May 10.

Keeper Hislop, 37, insists playing at the Millennium Stadium if West Ham make it to Cardiff will take priority.

He said: “If West Ham get to the final, I won’t join up with Trinidad. So forcing my way into the team will be harder if I can’t play against Peru.”

Trinidad face England in Nuremburg on June 15 and Hislop believes the minnows can cause an upset.

He said: “Northern Ireland proved it can be done. We can do the same.”
---

Neither of these are exactly paragons of good journalism, and I'm not quite sure what this statement means:

“If West Ham get to the final, I won’t join up with Trinidad. So forcing my way into the team will be harder if I can’t play against Peru.”

Still...
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Is Shaka Serious? West Ham over World Cup?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 06:04:39 AM »
Shaka know that arriving one day late in order to win a FA Cup medal is no scene with Beenie...if he was Ince he mighta be crazy....but Shaka know he number 2 spot safe no matter who is one and three. Besides, both Jack and Ince need match practice so Shaka know he not needed to play in that friendly. Let common sense prevail with calling our players back...This is the highlight of the career for all players playing with smaller teams: The FA Cup Final.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:06:20 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 06:08:21 AM »
We Have Three goalkeepers- Time to give Ince some practice.
 Shaka knows he is no 1.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 06:18:47 AM »
The complete divergence of opinions on who should be in goal (not least on this board) is really interesting.

On the one hand you could argue that if Shaka mashes up in the final, Beenie might choose him as our starting keeper. On the other hand, Ince might rip for Peru. And various permutations of those two. What would happen if they were both brilliant? Or both terrible?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 06:31:56 AM »
Little bit of politrix and PR in sport

The man have to say the right things, give the right signals, if he wants to sign a healthy contract for next year
In as much as he is no longer preparing for retirement,..... the intent is to max out de money before he done
Dem fellahs does know what dey doin and saying to the press

Is only jack warner eh ha no PR man and does put he foot in he mouth everytime he infront ah microphone
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 06:45:24 AM »
We Have Three goalkeepers- Time to give Ince some practice.
 Shaka knows he is no 1.

I wish that were true. But, it don't matter how bad KV performs and socres own goals, Beenie will choose Jack over Shaka every time. So, I don't blame Shaka for choosing West Ham over the WC.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:56:18 AM by CarenageBoy »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 06:45:41 AM »
Little bit of politrix and PR in sport
Is only jack warner eh ha no PR man and does put he foot in he mouth everytime he infront ah microphone

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 07:05:46 AM »
The complete divergence of opinions on who should be in goal (not least on this board) is really interesting.

On the one hand you could argue that if Shaka mashes up in the final, Beenie might choose him as our starting keeper. On the other hand, Ince might rip for Peru. And various permutations of those two. What would happen if they were both brilliant? Or both terrible?

If they are both Brilliant then they both safely keep their WC spots. If they are both terrible, up steps Jack and possibly Warner so be warned!  ;D

Hoping to see you for the Warrior Nation Fete inside the Base Bar later! Go to www.TrinisInLondon.com for more details of address and stuff!  8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:07:37 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 07:45:05 AM »
I  not missing it, and I bringing a squad. I could collect my membership kit then please?  ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 08:15:17 AM »
Shaka is making decisions on what he thinks is best for himself and his family and no one can blame the guy for doing that,he is man enough to make himself clear so no one can say he not loyal etc etc this game is not only played on the field and Shaka around long enough to know this,what Shaka is taking care off is after the WC is over and if it means sacrificing the WC for it he is going to do just that.

Understand why he is the only player we have playing in the Premiership,the guy is smart and can play the game on and off the field,guys like that don't need agents to tell them what to do.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 08:30:28 AM »
West ham not making the final..so it will not be a problem for shaka.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:47:52 AM »
Beenie is an old pro, he will never ask any player to miss a cup final for an exhibition game. He knows where players bread and butter come from and he has options as well. This way he can see Shaka in a crucial match and give another keeper the option to perform
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 08:56:25 AM »
yeah he assured a place on de team i feel so de bes of luck to him in de FA cup

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 10:09:26 AM »
Shaka is entitled to stay at FA final if they make it.  He also have to be political.  He can't say at this stage that he going home even if they qualify for the final or his future is in jeopardy.  They will not make it and he will be in TT for the Peru game.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 11:40:47 AM »
yea but this is the FA cup guys...

I say is good... put Ince in to keep anyway... we done know Shakka is good enough for the good cuz we see him saving week in and week out for West Ham in the premeirship./...

however we NEVER see INCE saving... barely ever... so if Ince wanna talk he talk and not get a slap... then as "Boss" posted earlier put the proverbial ball in Ince court for the Peru match...

lets see if he is worth it as he says he is...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »
The man have a chance to play in the final of the world's oldest cup competition!!

And i am sure that he has spoken to Beenie man about it before making those comments!! Dat is ah outta timing headline!!

Some ah alyuh feel everybody does talk out of tune like alyuh

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 01:08:45 PM »
The man have a chance to play in the final of the world's oldest cup competition!!

And i am sure that he has spoken to Beenie man about it before making those comments!! Dat is ah outta timing headline!!

Some ah alyuh feel everybody does talk out of tune like alyuh

ah love it!!

fuh real sah..

Shaka is a professional .. he's not that dottish.. He must have spoken to Beenie about this before.. and I'm sure Bennie support it becasue he probably wants to give Ince a sweat since he's not playing a minute in Germany...

luv up the Culture..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 08:40:12 PM »
Everybody dreams of playing in the most famous Cup final in football, so it ain't no big thing.  That is why men play the game; to be in such big games.  That will probably be his last chance to win an FA Cup medal.  Yuh think Bennie go stop de man from playing in such a high profile game?

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:34 PM »
i doh tink he is needed dat much...iz just a wearm up match relly so we go give jack and ince sum practice cuz

1]; } ?>