April 16, 2024, 12:53:11 PM

Author Topic: Corneal concerned about timing [of squad selection].  (Read 13701 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Corneal concerned about timing [of squad selection]
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 01:04:49 PM »
When was the last time Corneal said anything that made sense ? Steups.... I grown to expect nothing else from him. Complete and utter dotishness! How in God's name is Osei Telesford better that Dog, Lawrence and Sancho ? What is his criteria for saying so. Who on this team would Kerry Baptiste unseat?   How many international caps does Kerry Baptiste have ? Of what use would he be on this team?

The coach is trying to maintain relatively the same squad that we qualified with for good reason. Our strengths lie in our solidarity as a team. Bringing in new players in an ad hoc manner would compromise that strength. If Corneal were the coach we wouldn't stand a chance.

Dis was de same man who soon after we qualify was callin fuh Ancil Elcock and Nigel Pierre to be on de team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »
Corneal talking chipidness since the Italy campaing
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »
fellas,a trini gyul here at meh work...I go put she name ...laurel ...She was reading the post over meh shoulder.So she see de coach name de squad.Hear de question she asked..."What did he name the squad?" :-\ :rotfl: too funny I had to tell allyuh
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 08:05:26 AM by Augi »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »
if beenie already knows how he is going to play the teams in group b then he already has in his mind the players he would need so i see nuttin wrong with him picking the team and he using the grenada games to look at playas who he still have som small question marks on . the playas mustalso start focusing on germany and not on  if they make the squad or not so i think the timing is ok
every1 is entitiled to an opinion so let corneal talk sometimes i agree with him and other  times i dont
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 03:16:03 PM »
fellas,a trini gyul here at meh work...I go put she name ...laurel ...She was reading the post over meh back.So she see de coach name de squad.Hear de question she asked..."What did he name the squad?" :-\ :rotfl: too funny I had to shear

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOORD WAGGONIST EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!

lord ouuuuuuui...  :rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »
fellas,a trini gyul here at meh work...I go put she name ...laurel ...She was reading the post over meh back.So she see de coach name de squad.Hear de question she asked..."What did he name the squad?" :-\ :rotfl: too funny I had to shear

LOL  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 04:17:26 PM »
she defines the word 'waggonsista'

wat corneal has now done is make it doubly hard for baptiste to get a shot. by putting his mouth on the boy and talking nonsense about telesford being the best defender he gone and spoil things for telesford too. baptiste is a good player but so too are the 24 players named. hopefully he gets a shot. who knows, he may end up getting a shot.

Offline Nerazurri

• FORZA INTER
  • New Warrior
  • C'e solo Inter
    • View Profile
Re: Corneal concerned about timing [of squad selection].
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006, 07:00:14 AM »
I dont agree wit Corneal talking publically about it, but I kinda disagree wit a couple decisions beenie made.
1 Why is Scott Sealy not on the list??? I am not just saying this cuz he went my school but he is one of the most complete strikers we have
2 Why 24? The one person who is left out will cry for a week, if beenie wanted to produce competition then he coulda had 28 players and give everybody a chance, we have plenty time to cut ppl out.
3 Why Ince ahead of Warner? Ince has hardly played this season and is not the most positive influence on the team. Rougier's experience may have put him in (tho I feel he will be the one to get cut) maybe experience is what put him in the team too

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2006, 07:50:49 AM »

Bad influence on the team?
steupse

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »
The fact is he selected 23 players but the 24 is as an urge to Rougier whose position will only be finalised when and if he shows that he is able to compete at the level that Beenie needs him to. As he stated he selected players based on what his starting team is and options that he might need in the tournament. In selecting Rougier he considered all his qualities and weighed them against his fitness. Rougier has his place in his hands right now.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 11:56:32 AM »
2 Why 24? The one person who is left out will cry for a week, if beenie wanted to produce competition then he coulda had 28 players and give everybody a chance, we have plenty time to cut ppl out.

So you rather 5 players cry fuh a week?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 12:04:03 PM »
He pointed to striker Cornell Glen who he said has done nothing to deserve a pick after being left out for so long. Corneal also charged that David Atiba Charles, Brent Sancho and Anthony Rougier would not be on his team for the World Cup Finals.

This is why Corneal and the others are not successful at coaching TEAMs, they don't have good evalution techniques, talking all this B.S.

Its better to have fewer players to cut, this gives the coach a better view of all the players, and by having only one or two being cut it keeps everyone on their toes. This is psychology 101. With a great number, people tend to get complacent and start thinking it's someone else getting cut and not me.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »
I dont agree wit Corneal talking publically about it, but I kinda disagree wit a couple decisions beenie made.
1 Why is Scott Sealy not on the list??? I am not just saying this cuz he went my school but he is one of the most complete strikers we have
3 Why Ince ahead of Warner? Ince has hardly played this season and is not the most positive influence on the team. Rougier's experience may have put him in (tho I feel he will be the one to get cut) maybe experience is what put him in the team too

why ince over warner i will say why leo said for a player to get in the squad he has to be EXCEPTIONALLY better. warner just be slightly better  than ince and jack but not waywayway better. But i would have taken warner over ince.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 04:30:28 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 05:48:35 PM »
We got to cool down guys,this is just Alvin Corneal's opinion,everybody here have an opinion and nobody challenges them,Alvin is not the Coach so what ever he says is irrelevant,in everything we need some opposition to make it interesting,if Alvin had not said that this post would have died already.

Having said that, i want to say i like the alternative thinking that Alvin has,but the big question is what other choices does Benie have,our player pool is very limited,any group of players could have been picked and it would not make a difference in the way we play,you can pick about six T&T teams and you will observe the same players either on or off them.

There will always be disagreements where who should or should not be selected,the only thing that stops that is if you win,so relax guys and don't let Alvin raise your blood pressure.
Well said coops i like your views on this subject.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2006, 05:52:47 PM »
The man have an opinion. Everybody have one. He have the ability to let his own be known by all.
Alyuh know that nobody 100% agree with the squad and the time but....we accept. The man service his country in the sport and believe we want to hear what he think. Alyuh stop calling the man names..

Who is Alvin Cornmeal Cornbread CornCurls Corneal to question Beenhakker's timing of naming the players and his choice of players

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2006, 08:42:18 AM »
Let me try to address the article in a proper manner. First thing first.....

Osei Telesford

Osei is a very good defender. Very composed, aggressive and full of youth and enthusiasm. I would not be bold enough to say that he is one of the better defenders if matched up with our local defenders. There are many solid local defenders in Trinidad and Tobago. Osei also lacks experience and exposure. Therefore, I would not put him in front of Brent, Tony or Atiba Charles. These players are experienced defenders (season professionals). Osei is a school boy. I think if he continues good form he should be used as soon as the World Cup is completed; Building process for 2010. As of right now, he should be out of the picture.

On a different none, Osei was brought up under Corneal during his football career. Him and Darryl Roberts. This might be the main reason why he (Corneal) made that statement about Osei. I mean, thinking about it, they saw Osei play over the Christmas break, 1 week while in camp under Bennie man and maybe while at Liberty. Would that have been good enough time to day that he is one of the better defenders in Trinidad and Tobago? Maybe not!!!

Corneal Corneal Corneal.......

I believe that Corneal have the right to state his opinion (as anyone should). The article may be fraud in some ways (Maybe). The reason why i said that is because there is no direct quotation of Corneal saying anything. The article is totally paraphrased so there might be some false information or misleading statements. Nevertheless, putting that aside, I believe that an influencial personell in TT football should not come out in public and disagree with the head of the senior team (or head of any other team for that matter). It is not a good sign of respect and moral/physical support. Yes, there would be times when you would disagree but the manner in which Corneal did it is not professional. I also believe that what Alvin said is a reflection of the sentiments shared by his father Anton. They both think that they are god sent individuals to take over Trinidad and Tobago football (possessing an “know it all attitude” and “do what I say not as I do” mentality).

I will continue to support Bennie man. Although I am somewhat disappointed in our preparations thus far, I would continue to show Bennie continued support and respect.  I guess there are external factors that can be the cause of that. Bennie has done what no coach in Trinidad has done so far, and as a result, should be given the respect and authority to control the team as he very much like.

I think Corneal should take his father, family etc and go back down to North Carolina and control your youth under 20 team down there. Do not try to take over or continually be a hater to Trinidad and Tobago football and T & T football decisions especially in a time like this. You got your chance, and you and Brian failed. Now let somebody else go at it.

Kingman

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:01:58 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2006, 08:49:48 AM »
When was the last time Corneal said anything that made sense ? Steups.... I grown to expect nothing else from him. Complete and utter dotishness! How in God's name is Osei Telesford better that Dog, Lawrence and Sancho ? What is his criteria for saying so. Who on this team would Kerry Baptiste unseat?   How many international caps does Kerry Baptiste have ? Of what use would he be on this team?

The coach is trying to maintain relatively the same squad that we qualified with for good reason. Our strengths lie in our solidarity as a team. Bringing in new players in an ad hoc manner would compromise that strength. If Corneal were the coach we wouldn't stand a chance.

Dis was de same man who soon after we qualify was callin fuh Ancil Elcock and Nigel Pierre to be on de team.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :applause: :applause: Yes, that is the same man!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2006, 08:53:08 AM »
For some reason Corneal comes across to me as arrogant, snobish and condescending..

who agrees ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2006, 11:35:29 AM »
Give Alvin Corn-meal a soap box and a microphone........ and he will preach....

he is entitled to his opinion though....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2006, 05:04:09 PM »
Let me try to address the article in a proper manner. First thing first.....

Osei Telesford

Osei is a very good defender. Very composed, aggressive and full of youth and enthusiasm. I would not be bold enough to say that he is one of the better defenders if matched up with our local defenders. There are many solid local defenders in Trinidad and Tobago. Osei also lacks experience and exposure. Therefore, I would not put him in front of Brent, Tony or Atiba Charles. These players are experienced defenders (season professionals). Osei is a school boy. I think if he continues good form he should be used as soon as the World Cup is completed; Building process for 2010. As of right now, he should be out of the picture.
i agree  totally......
On a different none, Osei was brought up under Corneal during his football career. Him and Darryl Roberts. This might be the main reason why he (Corneal) made that statement about Osei. I mean, thinking about it, they saw Osei play over the Christmas break, 1 week while in camp under Bennie man and maybe while at Liberty. Would that have been good enough time to day that he is one of the better defenders in Trinidad and Tobago? Maybe not!!!

Corneal Corneal Corneal.......

I believe that Corneal have the right to state his opinion (as anyone should). The article may be fraud in some ways (Maybe). The reason why i said that is because there is no direct quotation of Corneal saying anything. The article is totally paraphrased so there might be some false information or misleading statements. Nevertheless, putting that aside, I believe that an influencial personell in TT football should not come out in public and disagree with the head of the senior team (or head of any other team for that matter). It is not a good sign of respect and moral/physical support. Yes, there would be times when you would disagree but the manner in which Corneal did it is not professional. I also believe that what Alvin said is a reflection of the sentiments shared by his father Anton. They both think that they are god sent individuals to take over Trinidad and Tobago football (possessing an “know it all attitude” and “do what I say not as I do” mentality).

I will continue to support Bennie man. Although I am somewhat disappointed in our preparations thus far, I would continue to show Bennie continued support and respect.  I guess there are external factors that can be the cause of that. Bennie has done what no coach in Trinidad has done so far, and as a result, should be given the respect and authority to control the team as he very much like.

I think Corneal should take his father, family etc and go back down to North Carolina and control your youth under 20 team down there. Do not try to take over or continually be a hater to Trinidad and Tobago football and T & T football decisions especially in a time like this. You got your chance, and you and Brian failed. Now let somebody else go at it.

Kingman

fabio

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 12:03:32 AM »
Anyone whpo knows ANYTHING about T&T footbal takes EVERYTHING out of Corneal's mouth with a one pound bag ah salt!

wah yuh saying? dat d man right for saying wat he saying and dat dey lying on him? boi, rock so nah. yuh should go and kiss corneal and pat he ass. steups!!!  >:( d man is ah kakahole and everybody knows it. similar to you  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:09:48 AM by flavio »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 05:54:27 AM »
Anyone whpo knows ANYTHING about T&T footbal takes EVERYTHING out of Corneal's mouth with a one pound bag ah salt!

wah yuh saying? dat d man right for saying wat he saying and dat dey lying on him? boi, rock so nah. yuh should go and kiss corneal and pat he ass. steups!!!  >:( d man is ah kakahole and everybody knows it. similar to you  :rotfl:

like you and DavyJenny slept through English class together  :o

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »

all men were born equal, but somewhere along the way some didn't grasp the basics......Flavio is probably one of them.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »

wah yuh saying? dat d man right for saying wat he saying and dat dey lying on him? boi, rock so nah. yuh should go and kiss corneal and pat he ass. steups!!! >:( d man is ah kakahole and everybody knows it. similar to you :rotfl:

But what is this... how everybody ent jump on this one!!!??

This is davyjenny Part II....

:rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Lordieeee!!! this site is de best.... when dey was sharing out comprehension skills flavio was jumping up in de kaka-holery fete!  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

fabio

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »

all men were born equal, but somewhere along the way some didn't grasp the basics......Flavio is probably one of them.

buddy, ah sure did grasp d basic...ask yuh mum. sex 101...she loves it. cunnt!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2006, 09:36:01 AM »

Yes this response really confirms it.... better yuh did hush yuh mouth and eat yuh crix and let ppl speculate on on yuh level of intelligence...

Such class....

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2006, 09:59:42 AM »

oooooooh.....the mother joke.......did you come up with that one on your own ?

If so, the forum awaits your latest & most innovative and creative invention...what will it be ? the bread and butter sandwich or the glass of iced water ? Don't keep us in suspense mr original.

...I'm glad you grasped the basics of sex 101.......just remember one hand at a time.........

I hope you didn't throw away your text books......so now you could move on from looking at the pictures and try to read the words......
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:01:30 AM by kicker »

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 10:07:26 AM »

Dat really necessary-u feeling like a big man now ent?...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 10:33:40 AM »
What is wrong with all you people!?

why yuh attacking Flavio so?

he is an complete vulgarious moron.

what yuh surprise for...

It wasnt even a well concieved dis... really...

I surprised pops eh make him look like a door nob yet.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 11:28:36 AM »
What is wrong with all you people!?

why yuh attacking Flavio so?

he is an complete vulgarious moron.

what yuh surprise for...

It wasnt even a well concieved dis... really...

I surprised pops eh make him look like a door nob yet.

Iz no scene.....de man get some davyjenny picong, and couldn't take it like a man.....oh well.

1]; } ?>