April 27, 2024, 04:31:41 PM

Author Topic: Ragga Artist JUAKALI performs Dortmund June 10  (Read 1257 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Ragga Artist JUAKALI performs Dortmund June 10
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »
Ragga Recording Artist JUAKALI
(tropicalfete.com)

GERMANY- Performs in GERMANY at first-ever Trinidad and Tobago World Cup Soccer Match, June 10, 2006.

The City of Dortmund, GERMANY has scheduled a pre and post game music performance by JUAKALI on June 10, 2006. The event will be at the Dietrick-Keuning House and highlights the first FIFA World Cup finals match by Trinidad and Tobago in sports history.

JUAKALI has made a mark sharing the stage with dance troop Spoil Brattz in his native Trinidad and Tobago and spoken-word artists Second2Last in the US. His 'Ragga'- music contains rhythms from dub and world music, covered in a juicy mix of lyrics inspired by the social context of Calypso and Reggae, making him a shining star in the underground music scenes of New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Europe.

Trinidad and Tobago reached the World Cup finals for the first time in their history after beating Bahrain last fall.

“I’m proud. I feel like I was chosen as an ambassador for my country. I’m going to share with Europe and the world through my music the beauty of Caribbean vernacular,” says JUAKALI from his Brooklyn, NY home.

BABYLON STATION, a band from the Czech Republic will back JUAKALI’s high-energy performance.

Dietrick Keuning house is located at Leopoldstrasse 50, Dortmund; Telephone: 0231 50-2 51 45 E-Mail: dkh@dortmund.de ; http://www.dortmund.de/dkh. The exact times of the event will be announced in the spring.

For more information about JUAKALI, www.foreignfamiliar.com www.sonicbids.com

roots/DnB/world Recording Artist
JUAKALI
www.sonicbids.com/juakali
www.myspace.com/juakali
www.foreignfamiliar.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Ragga Artist JUAKALI performs Dortmund June 10
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 06:12:07 PM »
stewps forget he nuh i commin wit meh pan... Ah playin fighter, de national anthem and eye of the tiger! oui!

:rotfl:

......by the way... im serious...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
Re: Ragga Artist JUAKALI performs Dortmund June 10
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 07:36:18 AM »
who is dis JUAKALI?
<Blurb> Insert Text