April 27, 2024, 07:15:03 AM

Author Topic: most overreated player  (Read 23713 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: most overreated player
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2006, 08:46:27 AM »
ADU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!

kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2006, 09:06:38 AM »
Kicker
Touches
Marcos
DWN
Disgruntled

;D ;D

I concur

........seriously though, I think the most overrated player at the moment is Roberto Carlos...he is in a mess !!!!

...talk about a player living off of legacy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:08:28 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »
Kicker
Touches
Marcos
DWN
Disgruntled

;D ;D

I concur

........seriously though, I think the most overrated player at the moment is Roberto Carlos...he is in a mess !!!!

...talk about a player living off of legacy

like he deadly left foot ain't so deadly again...

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2006, 10:13:24 AM »
Wayne ROONEY and OWEN  ;D

Offline chelsea64

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »
I'ts got to be David Trezeuget, a truly average player.
Come on the Chels.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »
I like C. Ronaldo but the man does hold the ball sometimes and slow up the play.....I real like to see him play but in my opinion he needs to pass more....The best Man U side in the past 10 years was the one with Yorke on it...They were good because they could move the ball around quickly and had wingers that deliver pin point balls in the box for DEADLY strikers to finish...Ronaldo does stick alot to deliver that killer ball....He is a great player but he is overrated with regards to his effectiveness...Look at Rooney...Rooney does deserve all the hype he get and more because He is always Effective.....Ronaldo still young, he play in Euro 2004, most likely will be in WC 2006, playing UEFA champions league two seasons now,....He could only get better and better but as of now he overrated.....

Messi getting all sorts of plaudits....He is a great young talent but better than Rooney??? Not a chance....That is giving him too much credit....meaning he is overrated....Messi is a great talent but he has to prove himself still...Rooney is rated as one of the best players in the World period...Not Young player but Adult Player....So how could Messi get that crown??? He is overrated...

Adu not really overrated because he is only 17 and he already playing in MLS and doing more than some big men..He has alot of speed, great dribbler, could shoot good but too left-footed....But he is still learning..Just Imagine if this kid get in to Man U next year at 18 and Sir Alex works with him and did for him what he did for Rooney.... ::)   

What a load of sh*# Adu not overated he is 17 and already playing in the MLS. Messi is 18 and playing for Barca????? yet he overated. Where does he have to prove himself?? He has already won an U20 WC (was voted player of the tournament) and can play in the next U20 as well. The same competition where Rooney failed to qualify England. He has done far better than Rooney in this years CL.
So where does he have to prove himself????

How can someone who follows football say that an 18 year old, who tear apart the Premiership champions, and is playing for arguably one of the best clubs in football, selected by a coach who was one of the greats of his generation and keeping big name players out the line up, is overated. Boy allyuh good we.
First of All idiot...Freddy Adu is rated as the next big thing in US soccer....Just like Landon Donavon was...He is improving and on course to be the next big thing for the US Exactly what he was rated to be.....Messi was rated as the best young player in the World...Which is quite un-true...Wayne Rooney is much better than him...In most aspects of the game....Rooney strong, fast, skilful, aggressive, could tackle, could shoot, could make decisive long passes, take freekicks,.....Messi is fast, close control ,and could shoot well...What major tournament did Messi dominate??? He had a good champions league??? Wayne Rooney had to carry a immature Man U team in a group with Villareal and Benefica(two quarter-finalists)...he got a red card for foolishness on his part and was out a few games...

You kidding me??? How you could compare Rooney and Messi....Rooney light years away from Messi...Messi can't carry a team like Rooney....Messi is just pick up the ball and run run run and shoot...no tracking all the way back and winning the ball and then making dangerous runs like Rooney...Tell me what Messi does do beside pick up the ball and run with it???? ....And if you could tell me....Post some examples...It should have videos of him doing other things right? megaupload.com

Messi is a great player but he cannot get the rating as the best young player (U21) over Rooney...Therefore he is overrated,....Ok Buddy

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2006, 02:09:23 PM »

Rooney is not light years ahead of Messi & Rooney doesn't carry Man U. You're getting carried away. Even if you want to argue that he carried them in the Champions League, then he didn't do a good job at it, because they didn't get very far.........You're not even comparing ability, you're comparing playing styles......they are different types of players.....

Rooney has been on the mainstream scene a little longer than Messi, he is way more marketed than Messi, and arguably a little further on in his career. But I think Messi has the potential to be as good or better than Rooney. I've seen Barca games where Messi has outperformed Ronaldinho........

People who rate Messi base it on his potential...and his potential is immense
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 02:18:40 PM by kicker »

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »
rahiem???
If yuh gorn say Rahim atleast spell he name right for f**k's sake.

yuh make me tink is de basketball player abdul rahiem yuh talkin bout... stewps.

Rahim is a very skilled player with alot of flair... he is a bit ineffective at times... right now the man just goin true a rough phase at the wrong time...

like my hero Yorkie didnt go through that too awa?

give he some time man...

hard luck dey i didnt mean to spell d man name wrong. i didnt know he was ur brother that u had to take it so personal. anyway........could u tell me when RAHIM was not going through a rough pahse???? seems like he always in one to me!!!!!!!

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2006, 02:47:41 PM »
Boy if Messi who is only 18 and making a mass this year overated, then who rated.  ::)

MickeyRat

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2006, 02:49:06 PM »
MorvantMan.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

No, just kidding,

I think Freddy Adu is very overated, then agin, the US system raped the fella.  He should of gone to europe into a farm system like ManUTED's.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

Rooney is not light years ahead of Messi & Rooney doesn't carry Man U. You're getting carried away. Even if you want to argue that he carried them in the Champions League, then he didn't do a good job at it, because they didn't get very far.........You're not even comparing ability, you're comparing playing styles......they are different types of players.....

Rooney has been on the mainstream scene a little longer than Messi, he is way more marketed than Messi, and arguably a little further on in his career. But I think Messi has the potential to be as good or better than Rooney. I've seen Barca games where Messi has outperformed Ronaldinho........

People who rate Messi base it on his potential...and his potential is immense
Potential is not all in football.....Wayne Rooney doesn't carry Man U?...When they playing crap who does be the man put in the extra work,when men head down...Rooney....Messi does only run and shoot and make short passes.....Rooney was always a more complete player...Anyhow allyuh fellas continue being hyped up....Aimar was supposed to Maradona junior too, :rotfl:...Tevez also who in my book is better than Messi also....They attain Maradona status? No....Rooney better than the man now and thats all that matters.....Now....Now...Don't say potential this and that...say now....potential Hardest or Dwarika could have been the next Latas...Are they ?? No...Who playin midfield for National ??? Aurtis Whitley, a player who was in the shadow of these guys who were potentially better....What matters is Now....Potentially Hardest and Dwarika better than Whitley but...Who is actually Better? Aurtis Whitley....Bless :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2006, 02:59:56 PM »
ponnox yuh mad..no way messi cud ever be called overrated..Adu was de most hyped young player in a while and eh show up yet!
Back in Trini...

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2006, 03:06:35 PM »
 Adu living up to his ratings so far...America's next big player...I not seeing any young American doing anything better than him to take away from that rating...

Messi is rated as the best young player...Rooney better than Messi (both of them young)so how Messi could be given that rating....Hence he is OVERRATED...All the man does do run, run and shoot...He doesn't do half what Rooney does do

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2006, 03:48:02 PM »
Adu living up to his ratings so far...America's next big player...I not seeing any young American doing anything better than him to take away from that rating...

Messi is rated as the best young player...Rooney better than Messi (both of them young)so how Messi could be given that rating....Hence he is OVERRATED...All the man does do run, run and shoot...He doesn't do half what Rooney does do

Everyone's  entitled to their opinion and I hear what you're saying but Messi is not as one-dimensional as you're saying....you're exaggerating to make your point.....plus did you ever consider that Messi's role at Barca is different from Rooney's at Man U ?.....Ever think that alotta times how a player plays is dependent on the players around him ?....or does your desire to just argue your point narrow your view on the game ?....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2006, 05:16:24 PM »

When people say Messi is the best young player they are probably not comparing him to Rooney. I bet you have never heard anyone with any real football pedigree come out and say that he is better than Rooney (even if they did, so what, it is as valid an opinion as any)..I believe they are comparing him to young up and coming teenagers...youngsters in their first real year in the limelight. Rooney is no longer in that bracket...he is a proven player. Messi is being hyped on his potential...if he does not meet that potential..then go ahead and say he is overrated. But for now he is exceeding all expectations and on that merit, I think it is a stretch to call him overrated. Did he not dominate his peers in the Under 20 WC, did he not break into the Barcelona and Argentina senior teams before plan?  He is only a couple months too old to play in the next Under 20 WC. He is not overrated..no player Under 20 is doing what he is doing. So you do not like his playing style. He is still effective. Barca look significantly a better team when Messi is in the starting line-up......and that is no small achievement...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »
Hardest and Dwarika ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2006, 05:37:48 PM »
Adu.....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
David Beckham is the single most overrated player of this era. The way he touted not just in tv ads but by 'respected' journalists could make a football dummy think he was heads and shoulders above everyone else. On good day Beckham is slightly above average. He takes a good corner, crosses fairly well (considering that you need to give 3 yards of space) and takes a good free kick 1/ 15.

Crosses fairly well
I always wonder if any of y'all ever watch any football atall yes
I have come to the conclusion that plenty of allyuh are unsophisticated football fans that not only don't understand the intricacies of the game but also hold ridiculous biases.
This topic has been dicussed a million times.
Noone thinks sthat Beckham is better than he really is.
His popularity is not due to his skills but his looks.
You need to understand what overrated means before you start to comment.
Iz d ignorance dat does send meh clear boy
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2006, 06:17:45 PM »

When people say Messi is the best young player they are probably not comparing him to Rooney. I bet you have never heard anyone with any real football pedigree come out and say that he is better than Rooney (even if they did, so what, it is as valid an opinion as any)..I believe they are comparing him to young up and coming teenagers...youngsters in their first real year in the limelight. Rooney is no longer in that bracket...he is a proven player. Messi is being hyped on his potential...if he does not meet that potential..then go ahead and say he is overrated. But for now he is exceeding all expectations and on that merit, I think it is a stretch to call him overrated. Did he not dominate his peers in the Under 20 WC, did he not break into the Barcelona and Argentina senior teams before plan?  He is only a couple months too old to play in the next Under 20 WC. He is not overrated..no player Under 20 is doing what he is doing. So you do not like his playing style. He is still effective. Barca look significantly a better team when Messi is in the starting line-up......and that is no small achievement...
Good post :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:...I never say Messi not good or effective because he is very....All i saying men should not place him over Rooney because doing so is overrating him

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2006, 08:39:36 PM »
messi overated???? well now ppl really does really just talk alot ah nonsence when they ready, de man have already accomplished so much in his short time as a player.  he is a starter on to me one of the best clubs in the world. and he overrated  :rotfl:

what has roney done............. oh yeah he won the carling cup.

;D

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2006, 08:41:47 PM »
yeah john public tell us some of the many things messi has acclompished

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
i thought so ???

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2006, 09:40:21 PM »
milan baros. easily.
Hart for president

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2006, 10:22:56 PM »

adu and crouch..

Offline Nerazurri

• FORZA INTER
  • New Warrior
  • C'e solo Inter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »
I think Ruud is definately the most overated player in d game has he ever scored a goal from further back than the penalty spot? all he does is score tapins, penaltys and headers and he must score headers LOOK AT D SIZE OF HE HEAD. wit Christiano and Giggs crossing onto that head dey cyah miss at all.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2006, 06:51:52 AM »
stewpsssssssssssssssss

ok mr 1 post

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2006, 07:25:22 AM »
Lionel Messi is born in June 1987, which means he CAN play in the next U20. Chances are Argentina will not use him in that competition because he is already with the senior team.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2006, 09:12:14 AM »
I think Ruud is definately the most overated player in d game has he ever scored a goal from further back than the penalty spot? all he does is score tapins, penaltys and headers and he must score headers LOOK AT D SIZE OF HE HEAD. wit Christiano and Giggs crossing onto that head dey cyah miss at all.

do you even watch football? ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2006, 03:12:14 PM »

are you serious dotless? Messi won the Golden Shoe and Golden Ball as the top scorer and MVP of the Under-20 WC in 2005. He dominated the tournament as the youngest member of Argentina's team, at 17. Football is a team sport but when he was left out the starting line up in Argentina's first game, they lost to the USA. The coach never made that mistake after that, and the rest is history. Messi also broke into the Barca first team in the second half of last year, so he has a La Liga winner's medal. Now if you have a broader view of what accomplishments mean, then you can add that Messi's other accomplishments include breaking into the Argentina Senior WC team after playing professionally for only a year and having never played in Argentina.

so what has he accomplished?
Under 20 WC winner
Under 20 WC Golden Boot
Under 20 WC Golden Ball
La Liga Winner's Medal

not bad for someone who has only been a professional for about a year and a half.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »

are you serious dotless? Messi won the Golden Shoe and Golden Ball as the top scorer and MVP of the Under-20 WC in 2005. He dominated the tournament as the youngest member of Argentina's team, at 17. Football is a team sport but when he was left out the starting line up in Argentina's first game, they lost to the USA. The coach never made that mistake after that, and the rest is history. Messi also broke into the Barca first team in the second half of last year, so he has a La Liga winner's medal. Now if you have a broader view of what accomplishments mean, then you can add that Messi's other accomplishments include breaking into the Argentina Senior WC team after playing professionally for only a year and having never played in Argentina.

so what has he accomplished?
Under 20 WC winner
Under 20 WC Golden Boot
Under 20 WC Golden Ball
La Liga Winner's Medal

not bad for someone who has only been a professional for about a year and a half.
I am joining this argument late but i wonder how much football some guys follow ( dotless 007 included ) . let me add to your already impressive  Messi facts that he has already accomplished more than Maradona did at the same age ! I think that will make things a bit clearer but still not for everyone !
Messi was also voted best young player in the world by world sportswriters. add to that his buyout clause which is 150 M pounds, the same as for ronaldinho,  you can say people who know about football are prepared to put their money where their mouth is ...
i woder if dotless can name any player who has achieved as much as Messi in so short a career and at such a young age ???
I didn´t think so ...

1]; } ?>