April 26, 2024, 11:50:05 PM

Author Topic: most overreated player  (Read 23691 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: most overreated player
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2006, 10:03:42 PM »
I am a barcelona fan so it may be bit difficult for me to be objective on the subject of Messi's rating. That being said I want categorically reject the assertion that the lad is overrated. At 18 years old he routinely humiliates defenders, shows good running off the ball and demonstrates an exemplary degree of confidence on the ball. His tactical vision is not refined yet. Often you'd see him make the wrong final pass but this will come with time. He deserved the rating he's given. To me he is more exciting than Rooney, Tevez, Adu, Robinho or any other young player. In the 1st leg against Chelsea, Messi was more dominant than Ronaldinho. How many 18 year olds do that ?

You want to talk about overrated players: Beckham (king) ,Crouch, Neville, Roberto Carlos (as a LB defensely) Ashely Cole, Raul (has suffered from an unprecedented dip in form since the arrival of Ronaldo), Miroslav Klose, Huth (Chelsea fans big up this man like he can't be beaten), Landon Donovan (Above average but certainly not World Class) Denilson(fan fan fan lose the ball, steups)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2006, 10:49:04 PM »
Beckham and R.Carlos living soley on the past. Beckham's crossing not as accurate as it was.....free kicks same ting. R.Carlos as one commentator said.....ferocious going foward....atrocious going back.

Anyhow de overated list
Beckham
Robinho
R Carlos
Adu (Check he birth papers. I SURE is some madness and he really a big man)

Round dis time last year i woulda put rooney....buh i realise....de man hot.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2006, 11:05:13 PM »
So who it is exactly tell allyuh that R. Carlos and Beckham is de greatest??  Who say dat?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2006, 03:18:48 PM »
So who it is exactly tell allyuh that R. Carlos and Beckham is de greatest??  Who say dat?

Exactly my point
Noone said beckham is the greatest
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2006, 04:39:04 PM »
so yuh could only be overrated if people say you're the greatest ??
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »
yeah john public tell us some of the many things messi has acclompished

are you serious dotless? Messi won the Golden Shoe and Golden Ball as the top scorer and MVP of the Under-20 WC in 2005. He dominated the tournament as the youngest member of Argentina's team, at 17. Football is a team sport but when he was left out the starting line up in Argentina's first game, they lost to the USA. The coach never made that mistake after that, and the rest is history. Messi also broke into the Barca first team in the second half of last year, so he has a La Liga winner's medal. Now if you have a broader view of what accomplishments mean, then you can add that Messi's other accomplishments include breaking into the Argentina Senior WC team after playing professionally for only a year and having never played in Argentina.

so what has he accomplished?
Under 20 WC winner
Under 20 WC Golden Boot
Under 20 WC Golden Ball
La Liga Winner's Medal

not bad for someone who has only been a professional for about a year and a half.
I am joining this argument late but i wonder how much football some guys follow ( dotless 007 included ) . let me add to your already impressive  Messi facts that he has already accomplished more than Maradona did at the same age ! I think that will make things a bit clearer but still not for everyone !
Messi was also voted best young player in the world by world sportswriters. add to that his buyout clause which is 150 M pounds, the same as for ronaldinho,  you can say people who know about football are prepared to put their money where their mouth is ...
i woder if dotless can name any player who has achieved as much as Messi in so short a career and at such a young age ???
I didn´t think so ...

eh i never said de man was overrated eh i personally like de man as a player but de man say he win rel ting like i eh no

eh nazerrazurri wat d f**k u talkin about where u come from dred
ssssstttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwpppppppppssssssssss

yeh an filho  stteewwppss

dred i gone for a couple a days an look how much people callin me out nah

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2006, 07:24:58 PM »
yeah john public tell us some of the many things messi has acclompished

are you serious dotless? Messi won the Golden Shoe and Golden Ball as the top scorer and MVP of the Under-20 WC in 2005. He dominated the tournament as the youngest member of Argentina's team, at 17. Football is a team sport but when he was left out the starting line up in Argentina's first game, they lost to the USA. The coach never made that mistake after that, and the rest is history. Messi also broke into the Barca first team in the second half of last year, so he has a La Liga winner's medal. Now if you have a broader view of what accomplishments mean, then you can add that Messi's other accomplishments include breaking into the Argentina Senior WC team after playing professionally for only a year and having never played in Argentina.

so what has he accomplished?
Under 20 WC winner
Under 20 WC Golden Boot
Under 20 WC Golden Ball
La Liga Winner's Medal

not bad for someone who has only been a professional for about a year and a half.
I am joining this argument late but i wonder how much football some guys follow ( dotless 007 included ) . let me add to your already impressive  Messi facts that he has already accomplished more than Maradona did at the same age ! I think that will make things a bit clearer but still not for everyone !
Messi was also voted best young player in the world by world sportswriters. add to that his buyout clause which is 150 M pounds, the same as for ronaldinho,  you can say people who know about football are prepared to put their money where their mouth is ...
i woder if dotless can name any player who has achieved as much as Messi in so short a career and at such a young age ???
I didn´t think so ...

eh i never said de man was overrated eh i personally like de man as a player but de man say he win rel ting like i eh no

eh nazerrazurri wat d f**k u talkin about where u come from dred
ssssstttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwpppppppppssssssssss

yeh an filho  stteewwppss

dred i gone for a couple a days an look how much people callin me out nah

nah boss...I eh callin ' you out  ;D ;D
I responded to your implication that Messi hasn't really achieved anything. So I just pointed out otherwise.

Anyway..this thread is kicks. I suspect some men doh even know what overrated means..they just callin' out players they doh like. Whoever say Beckham overrated doh watch football or read about football. For the last three years every commentator, journalist and man on the street makes a point of highlighting that the man eh no real Galactico, how he there to sell shirts, how he should not captain England and how he shouldn't even be in the England starting line up. Yes...the English are the harshest critics of Beckham. Every time he hsa a good game is almost a surprise..'Ayye boy..yuh mean Beckham actually hold his own on a field with Zidane and de fat-man'. The Spanish in general doh rate him (Madrid fans like his work ethic and technique) but noone considers him an outrageous talent....not since his ManU heyday. His popularity is not based solely on football...if anything, Beckham underrated...the Beckham  bashing has gone so far that people actually think he shittier than he really is.

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2006, 07:27:36 PM »
fuh real eh filho d man is shit an everybody no dat so therefore he not overrated

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2006, 07:41:16 PM »
Lionel Messi is born in June 1987, which means he CAN play in the next U20. Chances are Argentina will not use him in that competition because he is already with the senior team.
I dont see why not ? If he is eligible who cares if he plays for the senior team ?  Everyone wants to win and will play their best team besides the combination of Messi and Arquero has already won one youth WC and will certainly be there to be emulated if they combine to do so again.

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »
eh but seriously why has beckham become so famous compared to players much better than him. like i ask my american cousin wat he no bout football an d first ting dat cum out his mout is beckham

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2006, 11:28:54 PM »
Men foregetting Neville for ManUre and England. How that man does make side is beyond me. He is one of the most overrated RB in the game, he jes not good and will still make the side.

I know I go get fight down for this one but Drogba is overrated. The man is real shit! Over-priced and overrated, I think I shoud add Cisse to that list as well.

And somebody say Seedorf earlie in the post. Now I doh know what football all yuh does be watching but the man is one of the best midfielders around. The man now turn 30 and in that time win 3 CL's with 3 different clubs, playing a pivotal role in each. Men need to go back and watch they tapes. The man does add real width on the left for AC with some good link up play with Maldini and Sergino. He could play in the centre of the park and is a master at bringing others into the play with a killer ball. If he does not go Germany Holland will suffer.

Kicker
Touches
Marcos
DWN
Disgruntled

;D ;D

Filho was that scene horse?!?!?

Més que un club.

Offline juventus_fc

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2006, 09:14:19 AM »
disgruntled i understand where yuh comin from...those are my sentiments exactly....drogba is a big goat and seedorf is a f**king boss...and holland are going to miss him in the world cup and thats why ivory coast for sure and holland have to watch there self in that 1st round cuz argentina and serbia could easily sneak through

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
ADU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY AH MAN TALKING SENSE
ADU IS WAY OVERATED I WILL KEEP ON SAYING IT TILL SOMEBODY SEND THE MAN TO EUROPE TO GROOM HIM PROPERLY

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2006, 09:23:54 AM »
Yorke is the most overrated player. :-X

Yeah I think that Beckham is overrated.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2006, 01:38:36 PM »
rooney

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

ADU IS WAY OVERATED I WILL KEEP ON SAYING IT TILL SOMEBODY SEND THE MAN TO EUROPE TO GROOM HIM PROPERLY

Adu isn't overrated. He was hyped up as the next great thing....but everyone knows what he is and isn't capable of......He is arguably over-paid....but he's paid based on potential, not based on how he's rated currently as a player......

Adu goes for periods as a bencher for D.C. United...how does that make him overrated ?

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2006, 02:42:47 PM »

Adu isn't overrated. He was hyped up as the next great thing....but everyone knows what he is and isn't capable of......He is arguably over-paid....but he's paid based on potential, not based on how he's rated currently as a player......

Adu goes for periods as a bencher for D.C. United...how does that make him overrated ?
DE fact da he was  hyped so much in de first place makes him overated

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »
Kicker
Touches
Marcos
DWN
Disgruntled

;D ;D

Filho was that scene horse?!?!?

Heheh...I say lemme get some kicks off de fatima crew

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2006, 04:02:18 PM »
Doh diss a south man so nah man
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »

yuh get a fatima ranks by association....small ting...yuh should be honoured because we are a selective bunch....

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2006, 06:55:48 PM »

crouch.....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2006, 04:18:50 AM »

you geh throw in cuz we went the same college  :D

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2006, 07:17:23 AM »

DE fact da he was  hyped so much in de first place makes him overated

Exactly hype is the keyword and that hype started 3 yrs ago when he was just in high school, he is better than most but when I see him play an man givin him stiff blade he has no answer, he is a work in progress, but he needs to leave the MLS, look how DeMarcus Beadsley has progressed since he went to PSV
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 07:25:50 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »
Fatima for sure is d most overrated school on dis site :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2006, 10:24:55 AM »

Why yuh had to go there??!?!?

Everything was going good till that last remark.

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2006, 04:00:09 PM »

INTERCOL CHAMPS DOH BUSINESS

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »
i dont think robhino is overrated he is a very god stiker..neither is adriano...do u guys see theseleagues..or jus guess.
any ways ferdinand i agree with. crouch..well i eh think he over rated.. they dont realy rate him dta much really .lol
he jus dey
rahim...i have to agree with..lol poor brent....
nistlerooy i woulda agree to..but he scores real goals..i jus think his game 2 one dimensional..bty he is a finisher so..i shushing...
 RONALDO FROM manu overated
he have skill ..but when he meet real defendders and get soem pounce he does start to cry... and he liek to fake to much.
so fire for he
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2006, 07:19:16 PM »
oh yes i forget..stern john..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2006, 07:22:15 PM »
i dont think robhino is overrated he is a very god stiker..neither is adriano...do u guys see theseleagues..or jus guess.
any ways ferdinand i agree with. crouch..well i eh think he over rated.. they dont realy rate him dta much really .lol
he jus dey
nistlerooy i woulda agree to..but he scores real goals..i jus think his game 2 one dimensional..bty he is a finisher so..i shushing...
he have skill ..but when he meet real defendders and get soem pounce he does start to cry... and he liek to fake to much.
so fire for he

i really do agree with EVERYTHING you put there... Ronaldo's talent gives him the oppurtunity to win every match for his team.... not by scoring all the goals himself or runnin through the whole next side... beatsin every man in his path... but by bringing all his teammates in... with his talent he could make a mediocre team champions... instead... i find his attitude on the field doing no justice to his talent and really... the best way i can describe it is... well.. pompous.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2006, 07:24:11 PM »
he jus dey
so fire for he

i really do agree with EVERYTHING you put there... Ronaldo's talent gives him the oppurtunity to win every match for his team.... not by scoring all the goals himself or runnin through the whole next side... beatsin every man in his path... but by bringing all his teammates in... with his talent he could make a mediocre team champions... instead... i find his attitude on the field doing no justice to his talent and really... the best way i can describe it is... well.. pompous.
wah about stern u feel he over rated to..lol  ;D

1]; } ?>