March 28, 2024, 07:21:52 AM

Poll

You have three choices, choose one and why?

Lara
5 (50%)
Ganga
4 (40%)
Sarwan
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 22, 2006, 08:59:43 PM

Author Topic: Who do You Want As Captain of the West Indies  (Read 3367 times)

TrinInfinite

Who do You Want As Captain of the West Indies
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:59:43 PM »
I pick Ganga, on the fact that he has captained the west indies A, the tt regional team and also is on the senior team and will step up when given this opportunity. Lara doesn't want it, sarwan is not ready and has never captained neither a west indies a nor a regional side, leaving him short of captaincy experience. The logical and best choice is Ganga for captain and sarwan as vice, let lara concentrate on batting and sarwan needs to captain his regional side first and then get more caps under his name as vice.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Who do You Want As Captain of the West Indies
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 09:11:02 PM »
Sarwo... das meh nickname ah hadda abck meh padna dey.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:17:09 PM »

small man, diz a rediculous reason tuh name sarwan captain, tell me why? no one should be saying sarwan.... it doesnt make sense

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:20:59 PM »
TI ease off jefferz nuh...i think there are legitimiate reasons to name sarwan captain..now u know i back daren but i will fully support sarwan and he's a valid choice if u ask me

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 09:27:21 PM »

small man, diz a rediculous reason tuh name sarwan captain, tell me why? no one should be saying sarwan.... it doesnt make sense

stewps... Cuz he doh have an ego like Ganga and we cyah have Lara in again cuz dats another ego... yuh happy now?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »
TI ease off jefferz nuh...i think there are legitimiate reasons to name sarwan captain..now u know i back daren but i will fully support sarwan and he's a valid choice if u ask me
thanx fuh de thought sinned but doh worrey i can handle myself wit sour patch kid fine... de man jump on meh cuz ah eh state a reason... next time ah eh go reply tuh he post... stewps.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:31:51 PM »

breds juss bc he is vice, doesnt mean he should b captain, it is de selctors fault ganga wasnt on the team earlier and also their fault dey find themselves in dis predictament right now bc ganga is more qualified, sarwan has vener led a team yet

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 09:34:44 PM »
thanx fuh de thought sinned but doh worrey i can handle myself wit sour patch kid fine... de man jump on meh cuz ah eh state a reason... next time ah eh go reply tuh he post... stewps.

look nah mr forceripe, cool yuhself and stop acting like if ur not a teenager, i ent sour about nothin, i doh like when youths come wit talk that doh make sense and dey juss playin big man and have no reason tuh back dey stories, schupsssss

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
de papers and some inside sources have revealed dat its only lara, sarwan and ganga involved, so thats why dere is no other choices or other breds :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 11:58:53 PM »

look nah mr forceripe, cool yuhself and stop acting like if ur not a teenager, i ent sour about nothin, i doh like when youths come wit talk that doh make sense and dey juss playin big man and have no reason tuh back dey stories, schupsssss

you are a moron.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:24:23 AM »
Now......... Now

yea I know I shouldnt get on like that but this man for as long as this board is up has warrented plenty man tuh cuss... he really have a knack fuh makin yuh blood boil wit sum ah he shit...

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 09:21:53 PM »
West Indies seek new captain 
The cricket World Cup in the Caribbean is just 12 months away and time is running out for West Indies to find a team capable of mounting a challenge for the trophy.
Shivnarine Chanderpaul's resignation as captain less than three weeks before the start of a home series against Zimbabwe has created fresh turmoil.

And now the West Indies Cricket Board is searching for a successor who can command instant respect and help the team achieve the consistency they been lacking.

BBC Sport assesses the candidates identified by chief selector Joey Carew.

RAMNARESH SARWAN                                                                       

Pros: Current vice-captain and an established member of the batting line-up. Brave and combative and led West Indies to a 3-0 win over Bangladesh in a home one-day series in 2004.

Cons: Occasional indiscipline. Was involved in a face to face confrontation with Glenn McGrath in 2003 and partied in the stands with fans after a defeat by England in Jamaica the following year.

BRIAN LARA                                                                                       

Pros: One of the true greats of the game who commands the respect of every West Indies player. Captained the team to victory in the 2004 Champions Trophy, their sole shining moment of recent years.

Cons: Now almost 37, the physical demands of the game are taking their toll. Apart from the Champions Trophy, his two previous spells as skipper were not a success, especially in Test cricket.

CHRIS GAYLE                                                                                     

Pros: Like Sarwan, he is firmly established in the side in both forms of the game. Popular with his team-mates, he is also one of cricket's most destructive batsmen when on top of his game.

Cons: Naturally laid-back individual who might find it hard to impose discipline on his team-mates. Needs to focus on his batting after giving his wicket away too easily, too often, on winter tours to Australia and New Zealand.

DAREN GANGA                                                                                     

Pros: A steadying influence; he has previous captaincy experience with the West Indies A side and has led Trinidad and Tobago from the front in the current Carib Beer Series competition by scoring over 500 runs.

Cons: Has been unable to hold down a regular place since his debut in 1998 and only averages in the mid 20s in both Test and one-day cricket.

WAVELL HINDS                                                                                   

Pros: Versatile performer who can bat anywhere in the top six and bowls his medium pacers effectively in one-day cricket. Has captained Jamaica and has some supporters in the West Indies media.

Cons: Has a better international record than Ganga, but an average in the low 30s does not do full justice to his ability. Jamaica performed poorly in the Carib Beer Series, failing to reach the semi-final stage.

DENESH RAMDIN                                                                                 

Pros: Led West Indies to the final of the Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh two years ago and has shown maturity beyond his years since his elevation to the senior side.

Cons: Captaining an international side at the age of 21 would be tough in any circumstances, and especially so with West Indies cricket at a low ebb. Wicket-keepers rarely make successful skippers.

SYLVESTER JOSEPH                                                                             

Pros: Current West Indies A captain, he scored a century in both recent 'Tests' against England A and has also skippered the Leeward Islands at domestic level.

Cons: Has only made one half century for West Indies, although he has not had many opportunities so far, and some might question whether he is worth a place in the side.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 09:47:07 PM »
I go pick lara cuz he have plenty experience as a captain and wud be abnle tuh show is leadership style

MickeyRat

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 07:50:38 AM »
If I had a gun to my head and had to choose from the list TI provided, I would have to go with Lara because of his experience. 

However, Chris Gayle is my choice for captain.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:40 AM »
I pick Ganga, on the fact that he has captained the west indies A, the tt regional team and also is on the senior team and will step up when given this opportunity. Lara doesn't want it, sarwan is not ready and has never captained neither a west indies a nor a regional side, leaving him short of captaincy experience. The logical and best choice is Ganga for captain and sarwan as vice, let lara concentrate on batting and sarwan needs to captain his regional side first and then get more caps under his name as vice.

I agree 100%. Ganga may not be the ideal choice, but I think he is the best out of what is available. And who knows, some people step up when called upon, and he may just thrive under the pressure. I hope he gets chosen.

1]; } ?>