April 27, 2024, 01:19:43 AM

Author Topic: Birchall or Fitzpatrick?  (Read 4052 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:32:54 PM »
fitzy good whey he is on d bench dey.. beenie should keep he dey for mexico game.he forever givin way balls when he have possession. he always kickin long ball hopin for a forward to get it and the other team always end up gettin possession . dat is not good football.allyuh ever notice or is jus me?

with birchall , he gettin more plays forward and opening up d attack and d forwards gettin more chances.right now birchall is  one to keep..BTW whey d hell he come out from?
bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:51:07 PM »
fitzy good whey he is on d bench dey.. beenie should keep he dey for mexico game.he forever givin way balls when he have possession. he always kickin long ball hopin for a forward to get it and the other team always end up gettin possession . dat is not good football.allyuh ever notice or is jus me?

Are those views on Tiger based on his performances in the recent warm-up games under Beenie or in the past matches under BSC?  because that could be part of the problem you noticed.  I haven't seen any of the matches under Beenie yet so I just asking out of curiosity.  But I did notice that Tiger had started 2 matches under Beenie and get sub at half-time in both - so maybe he couldn't fit in with the new possession football system.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 09:55:12 PM »
those views were from matches played under bertie.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:36:16 PM »

I saw Tiger play as center mid for RSL and he was distributing the ball pretty good.
I think he could manage with the quick passing style but I doh know how he do with those warm up games.

Outside of Fenwick and Corneal Birchall sound like right now he fit in better....but I guessing Tiger more going after that left wing position.

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:24:44 PM »
Ok I am speaking as someone who have a fair idea as to what is going on... fitzpatrick is a central midfielder naturally and is placed on the left because he's a natural left footer...for the last two practice games the reason why he was subbed was because both himself and rojas had games on the saturday as well as Tiger has an injury- which beenie being the man he is took into consideration. This is not to make any comparisons between the two players (as Tiger plays in the left position)but I have not seen birchall do anything spectacular in the last game against panama which I returned home to see -when I say that I dont mean fancy play ( I havent seen him play in the other games so I dont know, however, I have heard Alvin Corneal and others echo similar observations). Fitzpatrick is a central midfielder, however, as I have mentioned he is placed on the left because of the left foot left side theory. Blessings
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 11:38:47 PM by Total Football »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 12:14:19 AM »
That is trueTotal football, Tiger has been playing wide left because he is left footed. Really a central midfielder where he played at Atlanta Silverbacks and for T&T but was put wide left for the USA game.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:23:20 AM »
Ok. Maybe the choice should really be between Tiger and Theobald, another central midfielder who is being played on the left (althogh RIGHT footed).
Or between Theobald and Birchall as to who should be starting in the middle.

BTW what kind of injury does Tiger have?  Hope its not back spasms, or he might be looking to resign from the team if he get bench again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 04:26:10 AM by arrow »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 06:22:13 AM »
Tiger played on the wings for Atlanta even on the right some times I watch some of his games
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 06:29:10 AM »
MEXICO MASHED POTATO...Thats  what I'm looking for today.

Good luck TT,

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 06:33:59 AM »
Tiger and Rojas get subbes at half time in the warm up games, possibly because of them having games with RSL but also because they doh have the left side lock and Beenie man was stil tryng things. I saw all the warm-up games and the Panama game. Tiger is decent on the left but he can't cross and he still lacking some compusure at this level, but he works well with Rojas on the defensive end and he runs up and down the flanks doing both his defensive and attacing duties. His ideal position I believe, would be in the middle as a ball-winning midfielder only required to pass the ball 10 yards to Yorke or the creative midfilder in front of him. But...
Birchall have that lock. He plays the typical english game of hustle and energy, never say die, strong in the tackle and makes the simple pass. The basics. Plus he have a decent right foot to hit the long ball every now and then and is now our set piece taker. Eventually he will get one in the right spot for Lawrence, Andrews, Yorke or John to take advantage off. Even becks doesn't get them right most of the time.
Theobald came on for Tiger in the warm up games and surprisingly did not look out of place on the left,hence him getting the nod on saturday. His attacking form was better than Tiger and he was  keeping possession of the ball wall,whether it was hitting the man inside for the 1-2 or knocking it back, he ensured that we didn't lose the ball plus he was finding/creating space for himself. His worst game on the left was against Panama... but I would still go with Tiger there agaiinst Mexico for his defensive duties.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 07:00:01 AM »
Birchall and Whitley was de stabilising factor against Panama.  Birchall been schooled in understanding the coaches orders.  He aint no Latas but shows confidence and hard tackling in de middle and de b@lls to play the off and on long ball.  I think Beenie-man go start he.  De best defence is offence.  We have to watch de counterattacks.  Fitzie does depend on odda people for de play, but is a great defensive midfielder.  My $.02 TT pesos.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 07:47:36 AM »
Tiger or Birchall???  Two different kind of players in my opinion.  I am waiting to see Birchall live for the 1st time tonite, but it sounds like he is more suited for the middle of the park, moreso than Tiger.  Tigre in my opinion is better on the left wing, he needs to gain confidence in attacking the right mid / back off the dribble, needs to become a triple threat (tackling, passing, dribbling) ... overall though even if he is not a starter he is a man we NEED on the team, because of his attitude and love for TT football..he will continue to work hard and push the men in practice which will only make them and himself better.  He has alot of football to play still, so people instead of the fight down ting, we should be happy that we have players available, with that kind of heart... when called upon he will give his 110% (just like Birchall)...so instead of Birchall  OR Tiger?  it should be Birchall AND Tiger (make this team better)...

Bless..

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 09:31:50 AM »

Agreed UPRISING, two different positions altogether, Bally I am not talking about Atlanta games or RSL but knowing most of the players from youth football straight up, U17 -U23... dont even know how this topic arise, Uprising and others have said it all two totally different positions.  I am not saying that Tiger dont have things to work on himself, however, like many others... In my opinion the men of the match were Dwight, Carlos and well some would say Lawrence took it home with the goal --- however, men played their significant roles...if the post was Tiger or Theobald on the wing I would have understood the comparison - either this person has a motive or just find the inclusion of one over the exclusion of another - notwithstanding the role they play or knowing exactly what goes on within the team makes a difference. PURE AND POSITIVE VIBES< I WITH YOU ON THAT ONE UPRISING!!!Regardless is RED, WHITE and BLACK and every man count. GO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, GO WARRIORS!!! Blessings...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 10:23:56 AM by Total Football »

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 09:51:33 AM »
Agreed Israel, just read your post... arrow, lol, knowing the man tiger, he's not going to resign because he's been bench knowing the coach's plans for the team as well as for him- he's a team player for his Country... I have read that he is trailing a groin injury on the rsl site and was being treated by TT's doc. after coming down with the flu this week!!! Like I said it doesnt matter who's there, once the team find the gel for a good WIN. RED, WHITE and BLACK!!! Blessings

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 11:12:08 AM »
i think the choice should be between fitzpatrick and theobald.birchall plays in a different position than tiger.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 12:29:07 PM »
Birchall offers more offensive power, Tiger offers more defensive, if I have to pick one for my team, I would go with Birchall. Nothing personal to Tiger, but he is yet to impress me, he have alot of energy, but he passing, trapping and shooting sucks.

I feel he better off playing defensive midfielder than wing.

Birchall will be our main man for 2010 also, he is growing and becoming a very good player, he can pass, trap, shoot, cross, dead ball, tackle, fighting sprit, fit, everything, he just needs the experience now, he has more to offer at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 12:34:23 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: birchall or fitzpatrick. who allyuh prefer?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »
Birchall offers more offensive power, Tiger offers more defensive, if I have to pick one for my team, I would go with Birchall. Nothing personal to Tiger, but he is yet to impress me, he have alot of energy, but he passing, trapping and shooting sucks.

I feel he better off playing defensive midfielder than wing.

Birchall will be our main man for 2010 also, he is growing and becoming a very good player, he can pass, trap, shoot, cross, dead ball, tackle, fighting sprit, fit, everything, he just needs the experience now, he has more to offer at the moment.

I agree.

Also we cannot compare Tiger and Birchall because they are different type of players.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 03:02:54 PM »
 Fitzpatrick is a left-footer so i think the position of left-out suits him well....The man is an ok player but not National quality at all...He should not have made T&T's team when there are many young and more skilful players in the PFL...Go T&T

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 03:15:19 PM »
Fitzpatrick is a left-footer so i think the position of left-out suits him well....The man is an ok player but not National quality at all...He should not have made T&T's team when there are many young and more skilful players in the PFL...Go T&T

ouch.........at first I misread what you said, and responded inappropriately........but now all ah could say is "ouch"
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ardent Fan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 03:28:22 PM »
Where Tiger, he deserves to be there!!! whether left wing, or defensive mid!!!

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 03:33:18 PM »
the tiger ain't really growling too much now.  Isn't he mid 20's.  never know still a small open window for improving his game.  Need to get playing 1st team football somewhere.  riding the bench is not helping his case.

Offline Happiness

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 03:34:05 PM »
Why hate on Tiger, we need backups and solid ones too, with a certain strength -if something happen to any of the players wha we go do? We all agree Theobald is not stronger on the left wing...

All ya does post thing with no information, you know why tiger ride bench?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 03:40:43 PM by Tallman »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 03:43:16 PM »
Are allyuh crazy

allyuh think tiger fitzpatrik is World cup standards   and d question tiger or birchall   my god  every 1 hoo sed tiger over birchall or sed he even deserves a try out  take a big fat loud ass stewpsssssssss

Birchall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mr. TnT

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 03:44:06 PM »
me ain't hating on the man i say he still have a chance. regardless of what the reason is 
i doubt Beenhaker will give him a look if he not playing regular ball.

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 03:59:57 PM »
small magician you must read your posts carefully, this was ah very old post that they merge, people are simply making suggestions because Birchall score goals that is not all, true goals win games but you have to consider everything the team needs. This topic was posted quite in June before we knew anything bout Birchall cool ya self. As a left footed and decent enough player people voicing their opinions. I sure many people didn't like lawrence but as the man score nah lol. I supporting Trinidad and Tobago Germany 2006

GO T & T
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:02:21 PM by Total Football »

Offline Ardent Fan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall or Fitzpatrick?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 04:24:01 PM »
LOL true I sure small magician and others (me included) wasn't thinking lawrence was world cup standards and look wha spider man do. I learn my lessons long time. GO T n T...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:29:55 PM by Ardent Fan »

1]; } ?>