April 25, 2024, 01:12:18 AM

Author Topic: Like USA really getting into soccer...  (Read 2484 times)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Like USA really getting into soccer...
« on: April 14, 2006, 09:52:06 AM »
Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=364580&cc=5901

FC Barcelona to tour U.S. in August
[/size][/color]
ESPNsoccernet news services

NEW YORK -- Soccer United Marketing (SUM) today announced that FC Barcelona, led by Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho, will play three games this August as part of the club's first U.S. Tour since 2003.

Barcelona, a UEFA Champions League semifinalist and runaway leader in Spain's La Liga, will travel from coast to coast, playing its first-ever matches in three of the four largest cities in the United States: Los Angeles (Sunday, Aug. 6) and Houston (Wednesday, Aug. 9) versus Mexican clubs, and in New York against the New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer (Saturday, Aug. 12). Further details of the games in each city will be announced at a later date.

"This summer's FC Barcelona Tour promises to be one of the greatest soccer events ever to be played on U.S. soil," said MLS commissioner and SUM CEO Don Garber. "Everyone who loves soccer will get to see the magic of Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi with their own eyes. Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing are honored to bring Barcelona's exhilarating style of play to our fans. For many, this FC Barcelona Tour will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

FC Barcelona, coached by Dutch midfield legend Frank Rijkaard and recognized for its spectacular brand of attacking soccer, features some of the world's greatest players, including FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho (Brazil), 18-year-old sensation Lionel Messi (Argentina), and African Player of the Year Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon). Also in the club's ranks are a host of players who will represent their countries in the 2006 FIFA World Cup: Rafael Marquez (Mexico), Carles Puyol (Spain), Deco (Portugal) and Mark Van Bommel (Holland).

"It is a good moment for FC Barcelona to promote its image in the great country of the U.S.," said FC Barcelona President Joan Laporta. "We are sure that, with the cooperation of MLS, Barca will become more recognizable among the North American public. We also believe that the presence of our team -- and our star players -- will assist the promotion and growth of soccer in the United States."

The Spanish giants will be making their first trip to the United States since 2003 when they played a three-game summer tour on the East Coast of the United States.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Like USA really getting into soccer...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 10:14:45 AM »
It should have a Warrior Nation lime for one of those games. I could go de one in Los Angeles.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »
Barcelona.... Barcelona ..... Barcelona...... My dreams of seeing Barcelona play can become a reality.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 10:39:08 AM »
when i see this i get rel excited......but i gonna be trinidad when de game come to new york :'(
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 10:53:37 AM »
USA is into soccer...not getting into it.

There have been summer tours for a while now........this is not the first time that Barca is gonna tour the U.S. I saw them play against Milan at RFK back in 2003.....when Ronaldinho first joined the team...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 12:53:18 PM »

There have been summer tours for a while now........this is not the first time that Barca is gonna tour the U.S. I saw them play against Milan at RFK back in 2003.....when Ronaldinho first joined the team...

boss...people just doh wanna know.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 01:11:41 PM »
hmmmmm.. consider dem games sell out... hopefully we can get tickets
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »
hmmmmm.. consider dem games sell out... hopefully we can get tickets

Yuh might have to text een # ah tickets like in trini for de Peru game.. :rotfl:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 01:57:29 PM »
This is not the same fete match tour with Manchester United etc?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 10:11:11 PM »
Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=364580&cc=5901

FC Barcelona to tour U.S. in August
[/size][/color]
ESPNsoccernet news services

NEW YORK -- Soccer United Marketing (SUM) today announced that FC Barcelona, led by Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho, will play three games this August as part of the club's first U.S. Tour since 2003.

Barcelona, a UEFA Champions League semifinalist and runaway leader in Spain's La Liga, will travel from coast to coast, playing its first-ever matches in three of the four largest cities in the United States: Los Angeles (Sunday, Aug. 6) and Houston (Wednesday, Aug. 9) versus Mexican clubs, and in New York against the New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer (Saturday, Aug. 12). Further details of the games in each city will be announced at a later date.

"This summer's FC Barcelona Tour promises to be one of the greatest soccer events ever to be played on U.S. soil," said MLS commissioner and SUM CEO Don Garber. "Everyone who loves soccer will get to see the magic of Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi with their own eyes. Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing are honored to bring Barcelona's exhilarating style of play to our fans. For many, this FC Barcelona Tour will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

FC Barcelona, coached by Dutch midfield legend Frank Rijkaard and recognized for its spectacular brand of attacking soccer, features some of the world's greatest players, including FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho (Brazil), 18-year-old sensation Lionel Messi (Argentina), and African Player of the Year Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon). Also in the club's ranks are a host of players who will represent their countries in the 2006 FIFA World Cup: Rafael Marquez (Mexico), Carles Puyol (Spain), Deco (Portugal) and Mark Van Bommel (Holland).

"It is a good moment for FC Barcelona to promote its image in the great country of the U.S.," said FC Barcelona President Joan Laporta. "We are sure that, with the cooperation of MLS, Barca will become more recognizable among the North American public. We also believe that the presence of our team -- and our star players -- will assist the promotion and growth of soccer in the United States."

The Spanish giants will be making their first trip to the United States since 2003 when they played a three-game summer tour on the East Coast of the United States.

This is nothing new. They brought in european teams during the summer already. The US is making great strides to greatness!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 10:24:49 PM »

Kicker,
 you was dey too?! Cool scene, I drive from SC to watch dat game mehself.  :beermug:
Ketch footballitis

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 12:43:34 AM »
Last summer some team played DC United can't remeber who.
My question is if Barcelona will field men like Ronaldinho and Eto. If they will I up for going to the game.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>