April 24, 2024, 12:49:38 AM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105511 times)

giggsy11

Re: Official 2011/2012 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #330 on: August 31, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »
Stoke put in a bid for Adam Johnson on loan.
More service for KJ.

Also I see Atletico takin Diego on loan.  It would be nice to see him recapture some form.

And Man City take Hargreaves on a 1 yr deal.

Shawn Wright-Phillips to QPR.

So SWP decide he wants tuh be a footballer again uh.

giggsy11

« Reply #331 on: August 31, 2011, 04:10:01 PM »
Sunderland got Arsenal's best striker!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »

Who? Bendtner?  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #333 on: August 31, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »

Who? Bendtner?  ;D

Big Up!

Yeah oui! How all yuh go manage, ah doh know!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 31, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »

Who? Bendtner?  ;D

Big Up!

crapeau smoke we pipe now  :rotfl:

BTW ah hear ManU refuse to sell Howard Webb in the transfer window, as he is their most valued asset  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #335 on: August 31, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

Who? Bendtner?  ;D

Big Up!

crapeau smoke we pipe now  :rotfl:

BTW ah hear ManU refuse to sell Howard Webb in the transfer window, as he is their most valued asset  :devil:

Big Up!

Boo! Ah think he went tuh City for bigger  paychecks-yuh see how he kept Arshavin on the field Sunday! ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 31, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »
Confirmed Meireles to Chelsea... surprisingly he told the club he wanted to leave.  Good player, but let him join the next traitor at Chelsea, in search of trophies.

N'gog to Bolton
Bellamy back at Anfield.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:40:40 PM by Bakes »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 31, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
BREAKING NEWS: The biggest move thus far........Rooney made the move from his living room to his kitchen for a sandwhich.  ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 31, 2011, 04:42:41 PM »
Confirmed Meireles to Chelsea... surprisingly he told the club he wanted to leave.  Good player, but let him join the next traitor at Chelsea, in search of trophies.

N'gog to Bolton
Bellamy back at Anfield.

If Gerard & Glen Johnson return, Liverpool are actually looking pretty incredible all of a sudden.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 31, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »

N'gog to Bolton
Bellamy back at Anfield.

If Gerard & Glen Johnson return, Liverpool are actually looking pretty incredible all of a sudden.

Not if, but when... but it remains to be seen just how well the squad will mesh.  Really hate to see Meireles go... was a very good player for us and will surprise many Cheslea fans disappointed at not landing Modric.

giggsy11

« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2011, 05:09:15 PM »
How Newcastle get the left back Santon from Inter? I remember when he was ah big ting when Murinho was managing dem. That young fella gone tru already for his career?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 31, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
How Newcastle get the left back Santon from Inter? I remember when he was ah big ting when Murinho was managing dem. That young fella gone tru already for his career?

d fella kina overrated u know. plus inter have nagatomo now who is better. its in santon's best interest to play regular ball..and besides..inter plays 3 at the back when opposition has 2 strikers and 4 at the back when the opposition has 3 forwards..

giggsy11

« Reply #342 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »

d fella kina overrated u know. plus inter have nagatomo now who is better. its in santon's best interest to play regular ball..and besides..inter plays 3 at the back when opposition has 2 strikers and 4 at the back when the opposition has 3 forwards..

Gotcha!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 31, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »

N'gog to Bolton
Bellamy back at Anfield.

I was surprised to see that he submitted a transfer request. I still have a respect for him, for what he did, unlike the other kakahole dey. good soldier, wish him the best.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »
gutted Meireles gone....he would have become a Legend at Liverpool...now he is just another number
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2011, 06:52:43 PM »
I was surprised to see that he submitted a transfer request. I still have a respect for him, for what he did, unlike the other kakahole dey. good soldier, wish him the best.

Liverpool are none too happy about it... and I don't blame them.  In fairness to him it's a chance to reunite with AVB, a manager whom he's well used to and with whom he'll know what to expect from week to week.  With Kenny's push for "young English talent" he was going to play behind Henderson and Adam until they fack up.  As shown in the Bolton win, he's very talented at creating opportunities with his runs and passing... and I'm sure the money Chelsea was offering was a big factor as well.  I don't like that he did it, literally last-minute... but at least he didn't leave us in a lurch like Torres did, and if anything, it relieves wages and helps clear up the midfield a little.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »
any word on tnt players like Colin samuel...JLoyd Samuel ??? and any others ??
did Scotland stay at Ipswich ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »

Liverpool are none too happy about it... and I don't blame them.  In fairness to him it's a chance to reunite with AVB, a manager whom he's well used to and with whom he'll know what to expect from week to week.  With Kenny's push for "young English talent" he was going to play behind Henderson and Adam until they fack up.  As shown in the Bolton win, he's very talented at creating opportunities with his runs and passing... and I'm sure the money Chelsea was offering was a big factor as well.  I don't like that he did it, literally last-minute... but at least he didn't leave us in a lurch like Torres did, and if anything, it relieves wages and helps clear up the midfield a little.
i feel he was contacted weeks ago by AVB..last straw for him was probably figuring out that Henderson was going to get pick in front him.
even after coming on against Arsenal his body language was poor, not sure if he was still feeling ill or what
he still looks ill though
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »
Allyuh men serious?

If I was Mereiles the first time Henderson get pick in front of me woulda be the first and last straw. Liverpool do well to get Bellamy but Chelsea do just as well in getting Mereiles, especially for that price.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
Allyuh men serious?

If I was Mereiles the first time Henderson get pick in front of me woulda be the first and last straw. Liverpool do well to get Bellamy but Chelsea do just as well in getting Mereiles, especially for that price.

Meireles is not a right wing player, so Henderson hardly get pick in front of him.  Adam is the one who has supplanted him in the starting lineup.

Amd what price... a reported £12-15 million?  Hardly the steal you're making it out to be, especially given his injury problems during his one and only season in the Prem.  Of course he's out injured again, which was a source of frustration the second half of last season, and which contributed to his huge drop-off in productivity.  Not slagging off on him, still a very good player but he's likely to be a part time player due to injuries if past is prelude.... and Liverpool turned a profit by selling him on.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:24:51 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
Allyuh men serious?

Meireles is not a right wing player, so Henderson hardly get pick in front of him.  Adam is the one who has supplanted him in the starting lineup.

Amd what price... a reported £12-15 million?  Hardly the steal you're making it out to be, especially given his injury problems during his one and only season in the Prem.  Of course he's out injured again, which was a source of frustration the second half of last season, and which contributed to his huge drop-off in productivity.  Not slagging off on him, still a very good player but he's likely to be a part time player due to injuries if past is prelude.... and Liverpool turned a profit by selling him on.

Meireles been haggling over a wage increase all summer, and did not get it.  He had a good year last season, and brings a creative spark that filled the void left by Benayoun.  That said, this smells of mercenary tactics and agent pushing through after 'Pool rejected Chelsea's bid.  We have a glut of midfield options, but I worry about that little creative spark that we may miss from Meireles.  I expect that we will spend about 15 mil pounds in the January window and bring in a creative midfielder.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »
Meireles been haggling over a wage increase all summer, and did not get it.  He had a good year last season, and brings a creative spark that filled the void left by Benayoun.  That said, this smells of mercenary tactics and agent pushing through after 'Pool rejected Chelsea's bid.  We have a glut of midfield options, but I worry about that little creative spark that we may miss from Meireles.  I expect that we will spend about 15 mil pounds in the January window and bring in a creative midfielder.

I think this was definitely driven by the player and his agent with Chelsea working them over in the background.  As I said with Torres, if he so wants out of Anfield, then god be with him and good riddance.... hope he flops just as hard.  Let's see how Adams and Henderson progress, and how Gerrard plays when he returns, that more than anything will affect if we need to add anyone else in January.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »
Summer Transfer Market spendings -
Man City — £78m
Chelsea — £77.5m
Liverpool — £62m
Arsenal — £56m
...Man United — £51.3m
Sunderland — £27.45m
Stoke — £22m
QPR — £12m
Tottenham — £6m
Norwich — £9.6m

giggsy11

« Reply #353 on: September 01, 2011, 04:54:54 PM »
Drenthe to Everton could be a good signing for both.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 01, 2011, 05:27:30 PM »
Top 50 transfers

1. Kun Agüero, 45 mil euro - de la Atletico Madrid la Manchester City
2. Pastore, 43 mil euro - de la Palermo la PSG
3. Falcao, 40 mil euro - de la Porto la Atletico Madrid
4. Coentrao, 30 mil euro - de la Benfica la Real Madrid
5. Fabregas, 29 mil euro - de la Arsenal la Barcelona
6. Nasri, 27.5 mil euro - de la Arsenal la Manchester City
7. Mata, 26.7 mil euro - de la Valencia la Chelsea
8. Alexis Sanchez, 26 mil euro - de la Udinese la Barcelona
9. Eto'o, 26 mil euro - de la Inter la Anzhi
10. Ibrahimovic, 24 mil euro - de la Barcelona la Milan
11. Downing, 22.8 mil euro - de la Aston Villa la Liverpool
12. Neuer, 22 mil euro - de la Schalke la Bayern
13. Lukaku, 22 mil euro - de la Anderlecht la Chelsea
14. Cazorla, 21 mil euro - de la Villarreal la Malaga
15. De Gea, 20 mil euro - de la Atletico Madrid la Manchester United
16. Phil Jones, 19.3 mil euro - de la Blackburn la Manchester United
17. Henderson, 18 mil euro - de la Sunderland la Liverpool
18. Ashley Young, 18 mil euro - de la Aston Villa la Manchester United
19. Gokhan Inler, 17.5 mil euro - de la Udinese la Napoli
20. Cavani, 16 mil euro - de la Palermo la Napoli
21. Matri, 15.5 mil euro - de la Cagliari la Juventus
22. Lamela, 15 mil euro - de la River Plate la Roma
23. Zhirkov, 15 mil euro - de la Chelsea la Anzhi
24. Osvaldo, 15 mil euro - de la Espanyol la AS Roma
25. Vucinic, 15 mil euro - de la Roma la Juventus
26. Dzsudzsak, 14 mil euro - de la PSV la Anzhi
27. Oxlade-Chamberlain, 13.8 mil euro - de la Southampton la Arsenal
28. Raul Meireles, 13.5 mil euro - de la Liverpool la Chelsea
29. Boateng, 13.5 mil euro - de la Manchester City la Bayern
30. Danilo, 13 mil euro - de la Santos la Porto
31. Eremenko, 13 mil euro - de la Dinamo Kiev la Rubin Kazan
32. Bojan, 12 mil euro - de la Barcelona la Roma
33. Arda Turan, 12 mil euro - de la Galata la Atletico Madrid
34. Bryan Ruiz, 12 mil euro - de la Twente la Fulham
35. Gervinho, 12 mil euro - de la Lille la Arsenal
36. Savic, 12 mil euro - de la Partizan la Manchester City
37. Arteta, 12 mil euro - de la Everton la Arsenal
38. Alvarez, 11.9 mil euro - de la Velez la Inter
39. Mertesacher, 11.3 mil euro - de la Werder la Arsenal
40. Peter Crouch, 11.3 mil euro - de la Tottenham la Stoke
41. Pjanic, 11 mil euro - de la Lyon la Roma
42. Toulalan, 11 mil euro - de la Lyon la Malaga
43. Gameiro, 11 mil euro - de la Lorient la PSG
44. Criscito, 11 mil euro - de la Genoa la Zenit
45. N'Zogbia, 10.8 mil euro - de la Wigan la Aston Villa
46. Quagliarella, 10.5 mil euro - de la Napoli la Juventus
47. Vidal, 10.5 mil euro - de la Leverkusen la Juventus
48. El Shaarawy, 10 mil euro - de la Genoa la Milan
49. Marco Borriello, 10 mil euro - de la Milan la Roma
50. Blaise Matuidi, 10 mil euro - de la Saint Etienne la PSG.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
Allyuh men serious?

Yes but their are so many different ways to play that can accommodate a player who is clearly better. Especially since Henderson is hardly a wide player, more the midfielder who playing on the right side. If it is the case that Henderson fits the system better then again I would understand Mereiles wanting out ASAP.

That being said is a good piece of business for Liverpool if he that low in Dalglish's plans. Liverpool do well on the final day to get rid of some big wages plus they was able to give Jovanovich away. And Bellamy will give them some much needed pace, a back-up central option.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

giggsy11

« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:16 PM »
Got a little more insight from this article.   

Bandini: Davide Santon's fall from stardom

Posted by paolo bandini under Serie A on Apr 05, 2011

Thankfully Davide Santon didn’t listen to Marco Materazzi. “If you don’t go to the 2010 World Cup Cup you should turn to the balcony and throw yourself off,” advised his Inter team-mate late in the 2009 season. If Materazzi was joking, in his own inimitable style, about the balcony then his suggestion that Santon should be on the plane to South Africa was a very serious one. He expected the full-back to not only be in Marcello Lippi’s squad but a key member of it within a year’s time.

He was not alone. Only a few weeks had passed since Santon’s Inter debut, but already the hype around this tall, lean, athletic kid from Portomaggiore was threatening to get out of hand. Italian teams have traditionally been reluctant to show faith in teenagers yet already this 18-year-old had gone from making his bow in the Coppa Italia to becoming a fixture in José Mourinho’s starting XI. One former coach described him as the “white Maicon”. Mourinho himself settled for “a phenomenon”.

Barely a month on from his debut there he was, lining up against Manchester United in the Champions League and charged with keeping Cristiano Ronaldo in check. The first leg at San Siro finished goalless, with Ronaldo so frustrated by Santon’s diligent tracking that he wound up switching flanks. “I was impressed with Santon,” conceded the Portuguese forward after the game. “He is a fantastic footballer.”

Although half the season had elapsed before Santon made his bow, he managed to make 16 league appearances before the end of the campaign, collecting a Serie A winner’s medal in the process. He made his Italy Under-21 debut in March and already by the summer it was time for his first full international, a friendly against Northern Ireland in Pisa. “I always thought he was a predestinato (a person who is predestined for great things), and now that I’ve seen him in real life I can confirm that is absolutely the case,” said Lippi as he confirmed that Santon would start the game.

Italy went on to win 3-0, and Lippi had further words of praise for the player in private, though he also had a warning. “He told me I had done well because getting into the national team was very difficult,” said Santon. “But staying here is even harder.”
What Lippi didn’t mention was that the same could be said for playing at a team like Inter. Less than two years on Santon has slipped so far down the pecking order at his club that he was sent out on loan to Cesena in January, a makeweight in the deal that brought Yuto Nagatomo to the club. Santon may have returned to the national team, after a year’s hiatus, but it is far from certain that there will be a space for him at Inter next season.

The fall from grace has been shockingly swift. Santon was called up for two further international friendlies over the summer of 2009 but when he returned for the new season he found himself out of favour with Mourinho, relegated to the bench in favour of Cristian Chivu. When he did play suddenly he appeared timid, shorn of his former confidence.

Matters came to a head in late October, Santon fleeing San Siro in tears after a nightmare performance against Palermo. Brought on at half-time by Mourinho with Inter 4-0 up, Santon played extremely poorly as Palermo pulled it back to 4-3. Diego Milito would eventually score a further goal for Inter, ensuring them all three points, but Gazzetta reported that Mourinho’s dressing room deconstruction of the full-back’s performance had been scathing. “These were tears of rage,” they noted. “Not sadness.”

There were those who accused Mourinho of being too harsh on the player, and it was certainly true the manager had reacted furiously when he caught wind of Santon’s suggestion early in the campaign that he might have to go out on loan in January in order to sustain his hopes of making the World Cup. But it was also clear that the player’s form had slipped.

Santon himself suggested this might be a consequence of a constantly changing role. When Mourinho had first thrown him in at left-back he found himself in an entirely unfamiliar role, having spent much of his time in youth football as a wide forward before recently converting to right-back. He took to it quickly, however, and had made the position his own, but now was simply being asked to fill whatever gap needed plugging on a given day. The lack of certainty undermined him.

Even if Mourinho could have handled the player better, it is also true that the player made little impact on either of his successors. Injuries limited Santon’s availability at times but Rafael Benítez certainly had the opportunity to give him a lot more than the five starts he got in all competitions. He managed a total of 48 minutes in three league games under Leonardo before being loaned to Cesena on the final day of the transfer window.

Having been so keen to find first team football a year earlier, this time Santon was reluctant to leave. Cesena would be a big step down for one who had, despite his repeated insistences that he didn’t let such talk go to his head, admitted being thrilled at suggestions he could become Inter’s answer to Paolo Maldini. This too, though, became a stick to beat him with. After Santon failed to impress during his first few games at Cesena, there were accusations in the local press that he was aloft, unwilling to muck in for the cause.

Such words stung for a man who had always considered himself to be down-to-earth, untainted by celebrity status – one who despite his young age is rarely seen in nightclubs or bars and one who given time off would always choose to rush home for his mother Renata’s lasagna and a quiet day fishing with his father on the river Po. As he pointed out to reporters, before joining Inter at 14 he had spent five years in far less luxurious surroundings in Ravenna’s youth set-up.

But there are those who see the fact fact that he should take such words to heart at all as the greatest problem Santon has. There is no doubting his physical gifts, yet there is concern that he is too easily affected by criticism, and in turns allows minor set-backs to become major catastrophes in his own mind.
The story of the day he was signed for Inter is perhaps revealing. Santon had just scored a goal and played magnificently as captain of Ravenna’s youth team. He knew the scouts had been watching and should have been on top of the world, but instead as he walked off the pitch he stepped in two large cow pats, covering his brand new boots in dung. He was, in his own words, “inconsolable”. Only much later did he manage to rewrite the narrative in his mind, deciding that this must have been a good omen.

In reality, of course, it may just be that Santon is simply a young player, prone to dips in form like any other, and one whose career has been disrupted by a number of niggly injuries over the last two years as well. He he has shown improvement since arriving at Cesena (his average match rating in Gazzetta since the move has been 5.7/10), and there are rumours of big clubs preparing bids for the summer.
Cesare Prandelli, coach of the national team, has shown his faith by handing Santon two caps since he replaced Lippi in the summer. It is probably safe to say he won’t be throwing around the word “phenomenon” for the time being, but there is time yet for Santon to prove that he is still destined for greater things.

Paolo Bandini covers Italian football for guardian.co.uk and Astro SuperSport, as well as The Score. You can follow him on Twitter @Paolo_Bandini.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
Joe Cole skills and assist in first game for Lille

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTs4mPIc8Xc&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MTs4mPIc8Xc&amp;feature=share</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 19, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »
I thought the silly season ended with the close of the transfer window, but the rumour mill says Neymar to Real Madrid for £88m: £52m transfer fee, plus £6 per year for 6 years. Of course, immediately afterwards are the stringent denials.

Neymar deal denied
But reports insist Real are set to clinch signature
By Graeme Bailey
Last Updated: September 19, 2011 2:58pm
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_7189156,00.html

Neymar has refuted claims that he is set to sign an agreement with Real Madrid after having a medical.

Reports in both Brazil and Spain insist that Real Mardrid put Neymar through tests over the weekend, with a view to signing a contract that would see him joining in the summer of 2012.

There have been pictures of Madrid's head of medical services Carlos Diez landing in Sao Paolo, where he was reported to have overseen a medical test for Neymar.

However, Neymar, speaking after Santos' win over Corinthians on Sunday, insists no deal is done.

"I have been sold around 30 times already," he told Lancenet.

"There is no truth in those rumours. I am a Santos player and I will stay here for the club's centenary."

He also confirmed that he had been to hospital but for personal reasons only, adding: "I went to the hospital to solve a personal problem. The rumours are just speculation. There is no deal at all."

Over the weekend his agent Wagner Ribeiro did confirm that Real was the preferred destination, over the likes of Barcelona and Chelsea, who had also been linked.

Ribeiro told Transamerica: "If he was my son, I would take him to play at Real Madrid.
"That is the best option to play in Europe, because the president of Real Madrid is already rich and runs the club with passion, and I cannot say the same about Barcelona's president.

"AC Milan was interested, but they said they could not pay €45million.

"Anzhi Makhachkala also wanted to sign Neymar, but that is an ideal club for players who are older than 35. For example, Jucilei, who went to play there, is no longer remembered today and is not an option for the Brazil national team anymore."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
January Transfers and Rumours 2011-2012 season
« Reply #359 on: December 22, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »
 Wolves eye Jones raid
by Setanta Staff , 20 December 2011

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy wants Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones to spearhead his side's battle against relegation, according to reports.

Wolves' defeat to the Potters last weekend leaves them just one place above the relegation zone as they prepare to enter the busy festive period and McCarthy is eager to strengthen in the new year, with signing a striker apparently his top priority.

Jones joined Stoke from Sunderland for £8 million in 2010 but has lost his place at the Britannia Stadium this season following the arrival of Peter Crouch from Tottenham and the continued good form of Jon Walters.

Potters boss Tony Pulis could be prepared to listen for offers for the Trinidad and Tobago striker but would be seeking at least £5 million for the 27-year-old while it's thought likely that he would want to bring in a replacement first before letting him leave.
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/12/20/Wolves-eye-striker-raid/gnid-122541/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:14:52 PM by triniairman »

1]; } ?>