April 25, 2024, 12:50:28 PM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105553 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: January Transfers and Rumours 2011-2012 season
« Reply #360 on: December 22, 2011, 06:22:49 PM »
Nah it hard tuh see Pulis letting him go
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #361 on: December 27, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
QPR manager Warnock to offer striker Jones an escape from Stoke.
By Sportsmail Reporter.

QPR are considering a move for Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones. Manager Neil Warnock is eager to sign up to five players next month and wants the majority to have Premier League experience.

Jones, 27, is growing frustrated at his lack of opportunities to start, with Peter Crouch and Jon Walters forming a strong partnership.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is looking to add two players and is keen on VVV Venlo striker Michael Uchebo and Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha.

Although Zaha is likely to go elsewhere, the fact Pulis is looking for more strikers will not improve Jones' chances at Stoke.

Warnock has money to spend and, while the likes of Bobby Zamora and Jermain Defoe may be on his wishlist, Jones could be a more realistic target and give QPR a greater physical presence.

Warnock reiterated he may allow Adel Taarabt to leave if the club receive a realistic offer. The Moroccan has been linked with Paris St Germain.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2011, 06:50:45 PM »
This might not be a bad move for Jones. Stoke plays some boring a** football anyway ;D

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 27, 2011, 11:06:36 PM »
Pulis will never let KJ leave Stoke ....cause he suit Stoke game....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2011, 04:44:43 AM »
Hoping for a defender and especially a central midfielder with technique and an attacking nature

doubt it will happen though

If Jones, Smalling, Rio, Rafael return we safe.Evans back in a week or 2 .....  Midfield however we are relying on Carrick and a 38 year old Giggs.. Cleverley needs to return badly and I guess Jones will play both CM and in the backline the rest of the season

Just need men to get fit again but a signing or 2 will help the team

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2011, 07:46:37 AM »
a LB or CB and CM and attacker needs to come to Juve...not so much an attacker

Cacares (LB,RB,CB) and Boriello ( :frustrated: ) looking most likely..for CM its between guarin, montolivo, nainggolan, palombo

outs are: krasic, amauri, toni, iaquinta, grosso, motta and maybe pazienza

promoted to senior team will be Gabriel Appelt-Pires (18 y.o. brazilian CM, 'pirlo-deputy')

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:19 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »
Kenwyne jones to manU, remember you heard it here first. ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:06 AM »
Hahahahahah, would love to see him in ManU colours, but it not going to happen :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »

With all the great young players Man U have, why would they waste money on a KJ?  He is not an exceptional striker; he will have to sit on the bench; at his age he is not likely to get better.  He needs to show up on the field when he gets a chance or he will be dealt to anyone who asks.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »

With all the great young players Man U have, why would they waste money on a KJ?  He is not an exceptional striker; he will have to sit on the bench; at his age he is not likely to get better.  He needs to show up on the field when he gets a chance or he will be dealt to anyone who asks.
FYI, manU has little to no aerial capabilities, yes they have very good nifty forwards with loads of skill and comfortable with the ball @ their feet, but no real targetman who's great in the air, and kenwyne could fix that problem. ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 30, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »

FYI, manU has little to no aerial capabilities, yes they have very good nifty forwards with loads of skill and comfortable with the ball @ their feet, but no real targetman who's great in the air, and kenwyne could fix that problem. ;)

Doh think ManU need ah Target man upfront  :devil: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rivaldo confirms Angola move
« Reply #372 on: January 14, 2012, 07:29:27 AM »
Rivaldo confirms Angola move
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2012/01/13/2845905/rivaldo-confirms-angola-move-i-will-be-happy-at-kabuscorp

Former Brazil international and Barcelona attacker Rivaldo has confirmed that he has joined Angola top flight side Kabuscorp.

The 39-year-old midfielder had been without a club after parting company with Sao Paulo last month and has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract with the top-flight outfit.

"I terminated my contract with Sao Paulo and I feel I have the ability to continue to play," Rivaldo is quoted by A BOLA as saying.

"I received offers from several countries, but I chose Angola because of the language and because I liked the project.

"I have been a champion in every country where I have played, I have always given my best for every club I have represented, so I am confident.

"I am sure that I will be happy at Kabuscorp and in Angola."

Rivaldo, who scooped the FIFA World Player of the Year award in 1999, has played for AC Milan, Olympiakos and AEK Athens, among other clubs, since leaving Camp Nou in 2002.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »
West Ham sign American defender George John

West Ham United have signed FC Dallas defender George John on loan, with the option to make it a permanent transfer when it expires on 5 March. The 24-year-old, who has made 95 appearances for the MLS side, has trained with the United States and Greece and is eligible for both.

He told the Hammers website: "Maybe it will take two or three weeks to give me some time to develop and get back into the swing of things. Hopefully it will be a bit faster."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2012, 07:36:24 AM »
Bolton sign American defender Tim Ream

Bolton Wanderers confirm the signing of defender Tim Ream from New York Red Bulls for an undisclosed fee.

The United States international has signed a three-and-a-half year contract at the Reebok Stadium after making the move across the Atlantic.

Ream, 24, returns to Wanderers after spending a week-long stint training with the football club at the back end of last year during the MLS off-season.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2011/2012 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2012, 05:39:25 AM »
QPR in talks for Zamora
Hughes moves for Fulham hit-man

Sky Sports understands Queens Park Rangers are trying to strike a deal for Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.

Zamora's future at Fulham has been the subject of speculation for some time due to an alleged uneasy relationship with Martin Jol.

QPR chief Mark Hughes is keen to bolster his attacking options before the close of the transfer window and is a big admirer of Zamora having worked with him during his time in charge of Fulham.

Talks are thought to be taking place between both clubs as QPR look to bring the former West Ham and Tottenham man to Loftus Road.

Fulham could be willing to offload Zamora with the club believed to be close to signing Stuttgart striker Pavel Pogrebnyak with the Russia international thought to be undergoing a medical at Craven Cottage.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:30 AM »
Quote of the day so far:

1.36pm: Ashley Gray has some quotes from Pavel Pogrenbyak on his imminent transfer to Fulham, and why he must 'bulk up... like a beast'.
Russia striker Pavel Pogrebnyak, on his imminent signing for Fulham, told Sovetskiy Sport:

'It has been a childhood dream to play in England. They have a strong and interesting championship.

'What's more, before the European Championship I have to play and at Fulham I will get this chance. This was a determining factor in my choice.

'At Stuttgart I was treated like a pig. I didn't want to stay there. In the last game against Schalke I played almost the entire match and then everyone said I was one of the most active on the pitch. Then in the next game, I didn't even have a place on the bench. I am sure that by doing this they wanted to provoke my exit from the team. After that, I called my agent and said, "We must leave!".

'Yesterday the medical lasted for more than six hours - they examined every inch of me! I've never had such a long and careful examination in my career. Fulham's medical team were satisfied with my condition.

'They say that in England I will be able to bulk up even more physically and I’ll be powerful and agile, like a beast. In the Premier League strikers work a lot with their bodies and without physicality it’s difficult.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2093883/Transfer-deadline-day-live.html#ixzz1l2ofVsdq
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 01, 2012, 05:47:23 AM »
QPR seal Zamora swoop
Hoops complete late capture of striker until summer 2016

www.skysports.com

QPR have completed their transfer deadline day signing of striker Bobby Zamora from Fulham on a two-and-half-year deal.

Sky Sports revealed earlier on Tuesday Mark Hughes' side were lining up a swoop for the England international.

And the deal, thought to be worth £4.5million, has now been confirmed.

Reunion
Zamora will be reunited with Hughes having worked under the manager during his time in charge at Craven Cottage.

The striker is set to join forces with fellow frontman Djibril Cisse, who arrived at Loftus Road from Lazio for an undisclosed fee earlier on Tuesday.

"QPR are certainly a club that are looking to go forward," Zamora told his new club's official website.

"That's something that I'm looking forward to being a part of.

"I got on really well with the manager at Fulham. We all grew to like Mark [Hughes]. I think that will be the case here. He's looking to take the club forward.

"I think this was the right time for me to have a fresh challenge. I had some great experiences at Fulham. Going to a European final is special.

"But this is a new challenge for myself and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it."

Zamora will wear the number 52 shirt at QPR but is not eligible to feature against Aston Villa on Wednesday night.

He scored seven goals in 16 games under Hughes at Fulham last season and even penned a new four-year deal at Craven Cottage, tying him to the West Londoners until 2014.

Great foil
Hughes added: "Bobby is a guy that makes things happen on the pitch, be it scoring goals or creating chances for others.

"He's a great foil for any team.

"We needed a player of his ilk at the football club and I couldn't be more delighted."

Fulham were willing to offload Zamora after wrapping up the signing of Stuttgart striker Pavel Pogrebnyak on a six-month deal.

Zamora's signing comes at the end of busy transfer window for QPR, who have also captured Cisse, Manchester United's Federico Macheda, AC Milan left-back Taye Taiwo, Nedum Onuoha from Manchester City and Nancy midfielder Samba Diakite on loan.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »
Club linked with sensational £35m bid for Real Madrid star

WE take a look around the papers for the latest from Chelsea, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Real Madrid, Queens Park Rangers, Everton, Newcastle United, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool and Arsenal.

THE SUN: Chelsea are ready to make a £35million summer swoop for Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain. Also: Roberto Mancini may sensationally recall Mario Balotelli for Monday’s crunch Manchester derby. Also: Aston Villa could turn to Paul Lambert if they sack Alex McLeish.

DAILY MAIL: The Premier League were last night forced into an unexpected U-turn after deciding to scrap the potentially explosive pre-match handshake ahead of Chelsea’s match with Queens Park Rangers at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Also: Pep Guardiola is set to start a scramble for his services today by stepping down as Barcelona head coach.

Sunderland are hoping they can entice Blackburn winger Junior Hoilett to stay in the Premier League if Rovers are relegated next month. But the Black Cats face stiff competition from Champions League finalists Bayern Munich and French club Marseille to land the 21-year-old forward.

DAILY MIRROR: Everton boss David Moyes is ready to snap up Wigan’s Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame on a free transfer in the summer, but he could face competition from Newcastle. The 24-year-old’s contract expires at the end of the season.

Roman Abramovich will open his chequebook in a bid to persuade Pep Guardiola to manage Chelsea. Also: Sir Alex Ferguson says only a “confirmed masochist” would enjoy the torture of Monday’s Manchester title showdown. Harry Redknapp and Alan Pardew have admitted they will be cheering for Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.

DAILY EXPRESS: John Terry will lift the Champions League trophy if Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in next month’s final. Also: Harry Redknapp has been accused of blowing Tottenham’s chance of qualifying for the Champions League and turning the season into a failure by one of the club’s own players.

DAILY STAR: John Terry last night vowed: I will step up to lift the trophy if Chelsea win the Champions League. Also: Sir Alex Ferguson has taunted Manchester City: The pressure is all on you in the title race. Pep Guardiola is expected to quit as Barcelona boss today - but Chelsea still look set to miss out on their No.1 target.

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH: Chelsea are expected to make a formal approach for Pep Guardiola to take over as their manager if the Spaniard quits Barcelona today. Also: The Premier League last night cancelled the pre-match handshake for Sunday’s game between Chelsea and Queens Park Rangers due to John Terry’s forthcoming criminal trial for a racially-aggravated public order offence.

THE TIMES: John Terry will be allowed to lift the European Cup should Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League final on May 19, Uefa announced yesterday. Also: Arjen Robben fired the opening salvos yesterday when he said that Bayern Munich would dismantle Chelsea if they tried to “park the bus” in the Champions League final next month.

THE GUARDIAN: Sir Alex Ferguson has declared that Manchester City have overtaken Liverpool as Manchester United’s most important rivals. Also: John Terry will be allowed to collect the Champions League trophy on Chelsea’s behalf should they defeat Bayern Munich in next month’s final, despite his being banned from playing in the game, after Uefa appeared to change its stance regarding the restrictions on all suspended players at the showpiece event.

THE INDEPENDENT: Sir Alex Ferguson has declared that Manchester City have replaced Liverpool as Manchester United’s most implacable opponents, as the countdown to Monday’s derby title clash begins. Also: Pep Guardiola is expected to walk away from Barcelona today, four years and 13 trophies after taking over.

METRO: Arsenal are reported to be in “advanced negotiations” with French club Rennes over the signature of midfielder Yann M’Vila. It is thought the 21-year-old French international, who has been capped 18 times by his country, could cost around £22m

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Official Transfers/Rumours thread.
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2012, 04:43:17 AM »
Man Utd eye Lewandowski
ESPN Staff

The agent of Borussia Dortmund contract rebel Robert Lewandowski has revealed Manchester United have expressed an interest in signing the striker.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his assistant Mike Phelan were both in Germany on Saturday to watch Borussia Dortmund beat Bayern Munich 5-2 in the German Cup final, with Japanese playmaker Shinji Kagawa believed to be the primary focus of their attentions.

The Premier League runners-up have also been linked to Dortmund centre-back Mats Hummels in the past, but Lewandowski's agent, Maik Barthel, has now revealed the English club have expressed an interest in signing the Pole.

With Dimitar Berbatov tipped to leave Old Trafford in the summer United will need to add to their striking options - with Lewandowski's uncertain contract situation making the 23-year-old especially attractive.

"I can confirm that the [new contract] offer of Borussia Dortmund is insufficient," Barthel told Bild. "I am also able to confirm an interest of Manchester United in the services of Robert Lewandowski."

Dortmund are adamant they are not prepared to sell their forward, however, after he scored 22 goals this season to help the club claim the Bundesliga and German Cup Double.

His current contract expires in the summer of 2014, but Dortmund managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke has insisted neither he nor Hummels will be leaving in the near future.

"We expect Kagawa to go, but no amount of money will persuade us to sell the others," Watzke said

CHELSEA TRANSFER RUMOURS: Messi, Hulk, Caballero, Luiz Involved In Latest Speculation
Sports World Report

It is well known that Chelsea owner Roman Abaramovich has long craved not only to win, but to do so in a style akin to that of the great Barcelona side.

It is not surprising then that the Russian billionaire appears willing to do anything to lure outgoing Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola into the manger's seat at Stamford Bridge, despite the 41-year-old's assertions that he wants to take a break from the game.

Reports in Spain by El Confidencial now claim that Abramovich is even prepared to sanction a £200 million offer for Lionel Messi as a welcome present for Guardiola, according to Tribal Football.

Were the deal to come off it would smash the record for the most expensive transfer in history, currently held by Cristiano Ronaldo's £80 million move to Real Madrid fromManchester United in 2009.

But it is hard to envisage an offer of £200 million tempting either Barcelona or Messi to part ways. And with financial fair play coming into effect, Abramovich is surely unlikely to sanction such a mind-blowing move.

A more realistic, yet still far from inexpensive, target is Porto star Hulk. The Brazilian has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge since former manager Andre Villas-Boas' time at the club. And now the Brazil international has admitted that he would be tempted by a move to one of Europe's big guns, according toESPN Soccernet.

"No one has contacted me, also because I do not get involved in such situations," he revealed, via his Twitter feed. "I have an agent and he handles such things for me. If something must happen, he will find what is best for me.

"Thanks to God, I am fine in Portugal and I am still motivated. Every year, a lot is speculated about my exit. I am in my fourth year at Porto, I am focused on this club and I have four years left on my contract.

"If I have to leave, it will certainly be a good move. If I have to leave for one of the big leagues, I would do it happily."

Another forward Chelsea are said to be pursuing is Paraguayan youngster Mauro Caballero. The 17-year-old Libertad prospect has already impressed as part of the Paraguay youth setup as well as in his limited game time for his club. But with La Liga duo Barcelona and Real Madrid also said to be interested, according to Tribal Football, he could take some convincing to move to Stamford Bridge.

There is further Barcelona involvement in the latest speculation surrounding Chelsea, with a report that defender David Luiz is tempted by the prospect of a move to the Catalan giants.

The charismatic Brazilian has long been mooted as a possible target for Barcelona this summer. And Sport has claimed that Luiz would welcome the chance to join the recently deposed European champions, according to Tribal Football.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:23:29 PM by Flex »

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2012/2013 Transfers/Rumours thread.
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20:53 AM »
Eden Hazard said he will be wearing blue next season for EPL. 
Means Chelsea or City, and he was at the City/United game a few weeks back....
And I got all excited as a Spurs fan when he started talking Tottenham 2 months back -___-
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1065218/lille-star-eden-hazard-reveals-he-will-wear-blue-next-year?cc=5901

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #383 on: May 15, 2012, 05:46:14 AM »
Eden Hazard said he will be wearing blue next season for EPL. 
Means Chelsea or City, and he was at the City/United game a few weeks back....
And I got all excited as a Spurs fan when he started talking Tottenham 2 months back -___-
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1065218/lille-star-eden-hazard-reveals-he-will-wear-blue-next-year?cc=5901

Must be City because he said that he is going to Manchester. City has expressed interest and I can't see United getting into a bidding war with them for a player.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:48:26 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Keita leaves Barca
« Reply #384 on: July 07, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
Newest player to move to China???? The tune "Take the money and run, comes to mind."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2012, 06:25:27 AM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 09, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
kenwyn Jones to West Ham is all over twitter including the normally reliable Fourth official

Fourth Official ‏@FourthOfficial_

Looks like the Kenwyne Jones and Kieran Richardson to West Ham sagas are coming to an end, both expected to sign soon, Gallas possible also

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:44:28 PM by royal »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »
kenwyn Jones to West Ham is all over twitter including the normally reliable Fourth official

Looks like the Kenwyne Jones and Kieran Richardson to West Ham sagas are coming to an end, both expected to sign soon, Gallas possible also

Are they moving Cole or they growing frustrated?  I don't see the need for both, much like Stoke had KJ and Crouch.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:48 AM »

Are they moving Cole or they growing frustrated?  I don't see the need for both, much like Stoke had KJ and Crouch.
I was hoping he went to aston villa.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »

I was hoping he went to aston villa.

Who is Villa new manager?

1]; } ?>