April 25, 2024, 04:47:11 PM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105559 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Luciano Narsingh - Holland
« Reply #450 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
Indian yute in Holland plays for the U-21 side.

Just got sold from PSV to Heerenveen for 4.1 million Euros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Narsingh
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Luciano Narsingh - Holland
« Reply #451 on: September 02, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
trini connection? possible soca warrior?

SOS

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 02, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
No Trini roots. Suriname and Indian.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 02, 2012, 09:14:06 PM »
Guyanese....dais Narsingh Deonarine brother
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2012/2013 Transfers/Rumours thread.
« Reply #454 on: October 12, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »
Crystal Palace complete signing of Edgar Davids
BBC

Former Netherlands international midfielder Edgar Davids has joined Championship side Crystal Palace on a pay-as-you-play deal.

The 37-year-old had been without a club since leaving Ajax in 2008.

Palace had a transfer embargo lifted as they came out of administration and signed three players on Friday.

Tottenham striker Jonathan Obika, 19, and Ipswich forward Pablo Counago, 31, have both joined Davids at Selhurst Park on season-long loan deals.

"It is an exciting time for me. I want to enjoy football and show what I can do," Davids told the club website.

"We spoke to Edgar earlier in the week," said Palace manager George Burley.

"He has been training with Ajax but now it's good to see us agree terms with him."

Davids, who has also had spells with AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Tottenham, won 74 caps for the Netherlands.

And now, after another 2 year interval, the Pitbull is back ... as player coach at Barnet.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #455 on: January 05, 2013, 07:35:14 AM »
Demba Ba Signs For Chelsea.
The Huffington Post UK/PA 

Demba Ba insisted it was an easy decision to sign for the Champions League winners after his move to Chelsea was confirmed by the club today.

The Senegal striker has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract after his move from Newcastle for an undisclosed fee. The London club had triggered a £7million release clause in his Magpies contract.

Ba, 27, who will be eligible for selection for tomorrow's FA Cup third-round match at Southampton, will wear the number 29 shirt.

He told Chelsea's official website: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud.

"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one.

"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in."

Ba is joint-third in the Premier League scorers table this season with 13 goals so far.

The transfer puts the seal on a stunning rise from the lower reaches of French football to the European champions.

Born in the suburbs of Paris, Ba played for Port Autonome du Havre, Montrouge and third division side Rouen before moving to Mouscron, in the Belgian top flight.

He then moved to Hoffenheim, helping them win promotion to the Bundesliga, and was signed by West Ham two years ago.

Newcastle swooped after the Hammers were relegated that season and Ba played a pivotal role as the Magpies finished fifth in the top flight last season.

Chelsea will not lose his services for the African Nations Cup later this month as Senegal have not qualified.

Meanwhile, AC Milan and Brazil forward Alexandre Pato has moved to Brazilian outfit Corinthians for a fee of €15 million.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:10:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2011/2012 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
I aint feel like making a thread for this

BBC

Italian footballer Mario #Balotelli leaves Manchester City for @ACMilan in a deal thought to be worth $31m (£20m) http://bbc.in/11aq5ii  #mcfc
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:49:10 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »
Good for mario, fack uptight england!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »
Good for Balo, he need playin time and good pasta.

giggsy11

« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
Good luck dey Mario-you were to good for that shite side anyway. Get a good therapist and keep it movin. Ah wonder who dey looking to replace him with?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »

Well, Italy will be an upgrade... wouldn't it?

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 31, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
willian to anzhi is a huge disappointment. especially after saying he wanted to go to a bigger and better situation than shaktar like a chelsea or juve...he chose money and im disappointed. rel gifted baller i was expecting him to stay on the stage. had to be pressured into that move no doubt. 35mil euros and u left guarenteed CL ball for europa league...and next season anzhi aint even assured CL ball...

i am disappoint

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 31, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »
willian to anzhi is a huge disappointment. especially after saying he wanted to go to a bigger and better situation than shaktar like a chelsea or juve...he chose money and im disappointed. rel gifted baller i was expecting him to stay on the stage. had to be pressured into that move no doubt. 35mil euros and u left guarenteed CL ball for europa league...and next season anzhi aint even assured CL ball...

i am disappoint

Same story everywhere, players only talking they want trophy and thing but in the end its money. I wish for once, they just come out and say, the money was too good to refused
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 31, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
nacho monreal from malaga to arsenal.

spain is the new brazil.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #464 on: January 31, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »
 :rotfl: @ Odemwhingie

I would love to see QPR go down..can't stand 'arry

Butland, good signing for Stoke - expect Begovic to Barca if Valdes don't sign a contract.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:04:59 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 31, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
:rotfl: @ Odemwhingie

I would love to see QPR go down..can't stand 'arry

Nah man, the fella get get ahead of himself.

Peter Odemwingie: West Brom critical over attempted QPR talks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21285926

West Brom say striker Peter Odemwingie acted "unprofessionally" after his apparent attempt to open talks with QPR without the Baggies' permission.

The 31-year-old arrived at Loftus Road on deadline day, but West Brom stated no fee had been agreed and he was not free to discuss personal terms.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: "Peter has acted wholly unprofessionally."

QPR say Odemwingie did not enter club premises and Hoops boss Harry Redknapp put the situation down to a "mistake".

"It was unfortunate really. Wires got crossed somewhere," Redknapp told BBC Sport.

"We were trying to sign him and the lad thought a fee had been agreed between the two clubs. It hadn't - there was still some haggling going on.

"He's a good lad - it was just a mistake. That one is dead."

West Brom admitted that talks about a possible move had continued on deadline day, but had "proven fruitless and no agreement has been reached".

Odemwingie was the target of an unsuccessful R's bid of about £3m last week and had put in a transfer request.
Peace said: "This evening's developments have brought a conclusion to what has been an unsavoury affair.

"As our sporting and technical director Richard Garlick has repeatedly said in recent days, we had no need or desire to sell our core players.
"The only way we would have considered letting Peter leave was if an acceptable offer was forthcoming and if we had found a suitable replacement at relatively short notice.

"Neither materialised and, in the end, the matter became a point of principle as much as anything."
Peace added: "He must now accept the fact he remains under contract for a further 18 months and has to focus on his Albion commitments."

Odemwingie had appeared optimistic that a deal could be reached when he was interviewed on his arrival in west London.
"I hope they will be happy with what they get and, of course, they want to get in players themselves. I just hope that everything will be sorted out in the next few hours," Odemwingie told Sky Sports News at the time.

The Nigeria international had previously been quoted as saying that he had reached an informal agreement with West Brom on his departure, only to find that the situation had changed when he was en route to London.

"I am disappointed this is all happening. I met with [Albion sporting and technical director] Dan Ashworth this morning and we shook hands that I could leave with his blessing if the £3.5m fee was met," the striker told the Daily Mirror. 

Redknapp said earlier in the day that Odemwingie was still a player he would like to bring into his squad.

"He's got pace, I really like him and I think he could help us," he told the the club's official weekly phone-in show 'London Call-In'.
But West Brom's determination to retain the player appears to have won out.

Odemwingie, a £2.5m signing from Lokomotiv Moscow in 2010, tweeted on Sunday night: "Looked through my tweets. Deleted some. Was too much. Only excuses - home alone, dark, son and wife in hospital, frustrated."

His deleted tweets included: "Last season January window is when I should have handed in transfer request. Was one foot in Rubin Kazan - not for sale. Fulham. Not for sale. Newcastle. Not for sale. Wigan. Not for sale."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 31, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »

Well, Italy will be an upgrade... wouldn't it?
I not talking about the racism issue, but rather the prissy british (media) who blow everything out of proportion with their bullsh!t "core values". in italy no would would give ah fork if mario thew a dart @ a dog ah fowl or a yute (not saying that it was right).

IMO mario is an italian and he could better maneuver that environment, and he would be understood better in italy since they don't nit pick as much as the brits.

the things that would definitely not fly in england more than likely would be overlooked in italy, bc italy is ah bad behavior country, hek, even the president is ah fork up, so mario would be right @ home.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:23:07 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 31, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
greatest was stekelenburg...midway in the flight from rome to london (fulham), roma changed their mind an tell d man come back they aint sellin him again...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 31, 2013, 08:07:23 PM »
I real laughing at Odemwingie... After he gone and wild up the whole scene on Twitter, including putting his own agent on blast, he hadda park he ass right back at West Brom.. Training should be interesting tomorrow morning:

Also thought that Willian might come to Chelsea as a replacement for Lampard. Disappointed he went the Russian route for money. M'vila too, these fellas making it seem like footballing ambition is a thing of the past.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:45 PM »
Something going on with Odemwingie. Before this latest fiasco he claimed that Keshi had picked him for the ACoN. Apparently he had an outburst on Twitter then too. Keshi say wtfe coz he doh have either Twitter or Facebook so din matter one way or the other. A rude awakening is heading his way.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2013, 05:57:05 AM »
Becks comes good v. Marseille with a sublime flick.

(Observer ... amend the title of the thread nah ...since we've been blending this year with last year).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:00:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »
Crystal Palace complete signing of Edgar Davids
BBC

Former Netherlands international midfielder Edgar Davids has joined Championship side Crystal Palace on a pay-as-you-play deal.

The 37-year-old had been without a club since leaving Ajax in 2008.

Palace had a transfer embargo lifted as they came out of administration and signed three players on Friday.

Tottenham striker Jonathan Obika, 19, and Ipswich forward Pablo Counago, 31, have both joined Davids at Selhurst Park on season-long loan deals.

"It is an exciting time for me. I want to enjoy football and show what I can do," Davids told the club website.

"We spoke to Edgar earlier in the week," said Palace manager George Burley.

"He has been training with Ajax but now it's good to see us agree terms with him."

Davids, who has also had spells with AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Tottenham, won 74 caps for the Netherlands.

And now, after another 2 year interval, the Pitbull is back ... as player coach at Barnet.

Icon Davids to celebrate his 40th birthday... by playing in front of 4,000 fans at Oxford (and he won't be paid a penny for it)

He’s older than Ryan Giggs and has enjoyed an equally illustrious playing career.

Former Ajax, Juventus and Holland superstar Edgar Davids turns 40 on Wednesday and will celebrate his birthday eve in action for Barnet against Oxford United tonight.

Compared with the huge acclaim that greeted Giggs’s 1,000th appearance for Manchester United against Real Madrid last week, Davids’ milestone match in League Two has gone completely under the radar.

And yet, the story of one of football’s most instantly-recognisable figures - who isn’t familiar with his protective glasses? – is truly remarkable, particularly as he earns absolutely NOTHING for being player-manager of Barnet.

‘It’s true, we don’t pay him for being a Barnet player and we don’t pay him for being our manager,’ said chairman Tony Kleanthous.

‘Edgar is doing all this voluntarily. He knows we’re a little club who wouldn’t be able to afford him in usual circumstances.’

Davids’ career achievements compare favourably even to Giggs, particularly when you take into account his international record.

He’s won the Champions League, UEFA Cup, three Serie A titles, three Dutch League titles and appeared in four major international tournaments with Holland, playing in the 1998 World Cup semi-final which the Dutch lost to Brazil on penalties.

It appeared his career had finished after a failed spell with Crystal Palace but Kleanthous, hearing Davids lived five close to Barnet in Hadley Wood, called him and coaxed him out of retirement, not only as a player but also joint-head coach, later manager.

‘We only had three points from 12 games when Edgar came in. The transformation since has been incredible,’ said Kleanthous, whose side travel to Oxford in 18th position having lost just one of their last six.

‘I won’t pretend he’s easy. He’s instilled a new discipline among the players, they’ve learned a lot about what to eat, how to recuperate from matches. But it’s working.

‘He is here to the end of the season, then we might sit down and see if we can come up with a more formal contract. But I can’t promise anything, the truth is what Edgar wants, Edgar does. :beermug:

‘I’ve been at Barnet for 20 years and it’s been a privilege to see someone like Edgar play, he is incredibly fit and still running around like a spring chicken at 40.

Many big stars have struggled to adapt to working with players who only have a fraction of their ability.

Tony Adams famously walked out on Wycombe Wanderers after being unable to cope.

But Davids seems to have taken to his first job in the hot seat like a duck to water, helped by Barnet’s impressive training facilities at The Hive – so good, Brazil used them before their recent friendly against England.

An avid user of Twitter, he has thrown himself into life at the club, turning up to watch the Barnet Ladies team and communicating his thoughts with fans – good and bad.

‘The team with the most desire won today,’ he tweeted after a recent 2-1 defeat at relegation rivals Plymouth in a clear warning to his players.

After Saturday’s 4-1 win against Morecambe, he was naturally more positive. ‘Played well against a strong side and came back from behind.’

Davids was seen on live national television helping make the FA Cup semi-final draw at the weekend, indicating his lofty status in the game.

But tonight it will be the day-job – albeit unpaid – slogging it out in the less glamorous surroundings of Oxford’s Kassam Stadium.

Even at 40, he has plenty of puff left to blow out all his candles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2292047/Edgar-Davids-40th-birthday-Oxford-Barnet.html#ixzz2NXHEo9F1

giggsy11

« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »
Gotze to Bayern!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #473 on: July 09, 2013, 02:12:41 PM »
Jozy Altidore signs for EPL side Sunderland in $13 million deal
Joe Prince-Wright (Yahoo Sports).

The 23-year-old striker signed with Sunderland on a four-year deal on Tuesday afternoon, as the Black Cats reportedly paid $13 million to add the prolific striker from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar.

If the reported fee is true Altidore has broken his own record for the most money ever spent on a US international, with the old record the $10 million Villarreal paid for him back in 2008.

A move back to the EPL has seemed on the cards for quite some time now, as Altidore smashed home 38 goals in 67 appearances for AZ since 2011. His red-hot form for the US in recent World Cup qualifiers will have helped his case as Altidore has now amassed 17 goals in 60 games for the national team, including four in his last four games.

So the big question everyone is asking is can Altidore prosper this time around in England’s top-flight?

He is much better equipped to do so, certainly, but it won’t be any easier than his loan spell with Hull City back in 2009. At that time Altidore was just 19 and was shipped out on loan by Spanish side Villarreal after failing to impress with the Yellow Submarine. It was a tough learning curve for a teenager from Livingston, New Jersey after less than a year away from his home in the US.

Needless to say this opportunity at Sunderland is much different than the one presented to him at Hull. Paolo Di Canio has admired Altidore’s qualities and will strive to get the best out of his endless potential.

(MORE: Where Jozy Altidore’s transfer will rank among major moves for US internationals)

Altidore’s coach at AZ, Gertjan Verbeek, is a hard man to please and Altidore believes he needs a coach that will push him to his maximum… he will certainly get that from Di Canio.

The Italian boss has promised a huge shake up at Sunderland, after he took over towards the end of the 2012-13 season and guided them away from relegation. But Di Canio has acted quickly to rejuvenate the squad, as Altidore is his sixth, and most expensive, addition during the summer transfer window. The New York Red Bulls product will join up with Di Canio and his new team mates at their training camp in Italy later today.

AZ couldn’t stand in Altidore’s way, the opportunity to play in the EPL and be a leading figure for an up and coming side was too big to turn down. Altidore will likely partner Scottish international Steven Fletcher up top, as he aims to hit the ground running back in the EPL after a busy summer with the US national team.

So when NBC’s English Premier League coverage begins in August, US national team fans will now have one more player to look out for in the red and white stripes of Sunderland.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

giggsy11

« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:09 PM »
Looks like Cavani heading to PSG :wavetowel: Thank goodness he staying out of the EPL!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 16, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
No Trini roots. Suriname and Indian.

Certain Power People could make  he Trini especially if it have an election coming up.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »
Clint Dempsey to Seattle: $9 million fee, $8 million salary sees Deuce back to MLS
Richard Farley

All the money the Seattle Sounders have been banking with those huge CenturyLink Field attendances? They’ve paid off with one of the bigger transfer gets in Major League Soccer history, one that’s seen the club guarantee $41 million to bring U.S. international Clint Dempsey to Seattle.

Multiple sources within Major League Soccer have informed NBC Sports’ ProSoccerTalk that Tottenham Hotspur will receive a $9 million transfer fee for the U.S. captain’s services – roughly 95 percent of the £6 million Spurs reportedly paid for Dempsey last summer.  To complete the unexpected move, Seattle have guaranteed the 30-year-old attacker $32 million over the next four seasons, making him one of the most expensive players in league history.

Dempsey’s base salary will eclipse that of David Beckham and Thierry Henry, though other facets of Beckham’s contract gave him a percentage of the Galaxy’s revenue. The $32 million, however, is the largest base salary commitment a player has ever received from an MLS franchise.

The $9 million transfer fee will also be the highest paid in league history and the second major purchase made by the Sounders this summer. Seattle paid La Liga’s Levante $4 million to get striker Obafemi Martins out of his contract.

As a Designated Player, the former New England Revolution attacker will not have to go through the allocation process, to which internationals like Sounder Eddie Johnson and newly signed Chivas USA defender Carlos Bocanegra were subjected when they returned to MLS.

Dempsey was originally seen flying to Seattle last night, with rumors of Seattle’s connection to the U.S. international circulating Thursday morning. On Friday, ESPN originally reported Dempsey’s agreement with Seattle, with ProSoccerTalk confirming the story shortly there after.

Dempsey is set to return to the United States after six-and-a-half seasons in the Premier League, all but one of which were spent at Craven Cottage. During his time in England, Dempsey scored 72 time in 268 all-competition appearances, including a 23-goal season in 2011-12 with Fulham.

Tottenham Hotspur acquired the former Cottager on transfer deadline day last August, with Dempsey immediately moving into André Villas-Boas’ starting lineup. While his playing time decreased as the season progressed, Dempsey still scored 12 times in 43 all-competition appearances, his third-highest goal total since leaving New England in 2006.

He joins a Seattle Sounders team that sit seventh in the Western Conference, threatening to miss the postseason for the first time in franchise history. The addition of Dempsey, however, will bolster an attack that’s 14th in Major League Soccer in goals scored, one that already features fellow Johnson and Martins.

How Dempsey fits with those two strikers remains to be seen; however, Thursday on Seattle-based radio station KJR, Sounders head coach Sigi Schmid said the team was looking for a central or attacking midfielder to fill the Designated Player spot freed up by Shalrie Joseph’s renegotiated contract. Capable of playing in an attacking midfielder’s role, Dempsey could allow Schmid to incorporate his new star without sacrificing any of his existing goal scorers.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
Clint Dempsey to Seattle: $9 million fee, $8 million salary sees Deuce back to MLS
Richard Farley

All the money the Seattle Sounders have been banking with those huge CenturyLink Field attendances? They’ve paid off with one of the bigger transfer gets in Major League Soccer history, one that’s seen the club guarantee $41 million to bring U.S. international Clint Dempsey to Seattle.

Multiple sources within Major League Soccer have informed NBC Sports’ ProSoccerTalk that Tottenham Hotspur will receive a $9 million transfer fee for the U.S. captain’s services – roughly 95 percent of the £6 million Spurs reportedly paid for Dempsey last summer.  To complete the unexpected move, Seattle have guaranteed the 30-year-old attacker $32 million over the next four seasons, making him one of the most expensive players in league history.

Dempsey’s base salary will eclipse that of David Beckham and Thierry Henry, though other facets of Beckham’s contract gave him a percentage of the Galaxy’s revenue. The $32 million, however, is the largest base salary commitment a player has ever received from an MLS franchise.

The $9 million transfer fee will also be the highest paid in league history and the second major purchase made by the Sounders this summer. Seattle paid La Liga’s Levante $4 million to get striker Obafemi Martins out of his contract.

As a Designated Player, the former New England Revolution attacker will not have to go through the allocation process, to which internationals like Sounder Eddie Johnson and newly signed Chivas USA defender Carlos Bocanegra were subjected when they returned to MLS.

Dempsey was originally seen flying to Seattle last night, with rumors of Seattle’s connection to the U.S. international circulating Thursday morning. On Friday, ESPN originally reported Dempsey’s agreement with Seattle, with ProSoccerTalk confirming the story shortly there after.

Dempsey is set to return to the United States after six-and-a-half seasons in the Premier League, all but one of which were spent at Craven Cottage. During his time in England, Dempsey scored 72 time in 268 all-competition appearances, including a 23-goal season in 2011-12 with Fulham.

Tottenham Hotspur acquired the former Cottager on transfer deadline day last August, with Dempsey immediately moving into André Villas-Boas’ starting lineup. While his playing time decreased as the season progressed, Dempsey still scored 12 times in 43 all-competition appearances, his third-highest goal total since leaving New England in 2006.

He joins a Seattle Sounders team that sit seventh in the Western Conference, threatening to miss the postseason for the first time in franchise history. The addition of Dempsey, however, will bolster an attack that’s 14th in Major League Soccer in goals scored, one that already features fellow Johnson and Martins.

How Dempsey fits with those two strikers remains to be seen; however, Thursday on Seattle-based radio station KJR, Sounders head coach Sigi Schmid said the team was looking for a central or attacking midfielder to fill the Designated Player spot freed up by Shalrie Joseph’s renegotiated contract. Capable of playing in an attacking midfielder’s role, Dempsey could allow Schmid to incorporate his new star without sacrificing any of his existing goal scorers.

I didn't see this coming at all, but it make sense in that he woulda  been riding pine all season with the arrival of Soldado. It will also allow him to gel with Eddie Johnson leading up to the WC.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »
Richard Farley

I didn't see this coming at all, but it make sense in that he woulda  been riding pine all season with the arrival of Soldado. It will also allow him to gel with Eddie Johnson leading up to the WC.

This is surprising seeing as just last season he was restless at Fulham and agitating to move to a CL club so he could play at the highest levels. Well the money sweet and it's a World Cup year.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »
This is surprising seeing as just last season he was restless at Fulham and agitating to move to a CL club so he could play at the highest levels. Well the money sweet and it's a World Cup year.

Imagine some LFC fans (I eh calling Feliziano name, lol) was vex we didn't sign up this fella LOL

1]; } ?>