April 19, 2024, 04:19:22 AM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105454 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Official 2014/2015 Transfers/Rumours thread.
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »
Robinho wants to move to MLS
ESPN STAFF

AC Milan striker Robinho is in negotiations to join Kaka at new MLS franchise Orlando City.

Robinho has two years remaining on a deal worth around five million euros per year, and new Milan coach Filippo Inzaghi has been looking to free up salary for his transfer budget.

Robinho struggled to make any headway in the Milan team last season under either Massimiliano Allegri or Clarence Seedorf, and the arrival of Jeremy Menez from Paris Saint-Germain has cast further doubt over the 30-year-old's future.

"Robinho wants to go to the American MLS," Milan vice president Adriano Galliani said at a news conference on Friday. "The negotiations with Orlando have begun. They want Robinho, but we're not close to concluding the deal.

"The relationship with Robinho remains excellent though and it is just one of the many negotiations that are ongoing."

To join Orlando City, Kaka used a clause in his contract that allowed for its mutual termination, but a transfer fee appears likely to be required to make Robinho available.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
What going on with KJ? Is he going to be playing Championship ball next season or moving to another Premiership team?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #542 on: July 12, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
What going on with KJ? Is he going to be playing Championship ball next season or moving to another Premiership team?
Same thing I wondering, because he still in Trinidad and Cardiff preseason done start.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 12, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »
Same thing I wondering, because he still in Trinidad and Cardiff preseason done start.

he probable get more time like dem world cup stars  ;D
 remember he played in June so he probably get an extra week or two

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
Seattle Sounders DeAndre Yedlin supposedly have a lot of clubs expressing interest. Roma, Inter, Napoli, Genoa, Lyon and possibly Liverpool. I read that the magic number for the league is 5 million US. I heard Roma's offer was 4.1million. The club said they are fielding calls about Yedin everyday. Considering Yedlin was possibly the lowest paid player in the world cup, making just 60k pounds a year, that's a massive rise in stock. And he has only been playing professional football for a little more than a year. Its a tricky situation because the choice is not up to the club, its up to the league and he already plays in front of up to 60k people a week, so the pull of crowd is not there for him. It all boils down to if he wants to improve and play with the best.

Very interested in this player. I think USA could finally have their international marketable star. He's a good player, he's young, humble, he's handsome too, only draw back is that he is a defender, though Klinsmann played him on the wing as well and that's where he says he likes playing best.People could say what they want but USA has never had a star player. Donovan never made it anywhere but America, Clint had the talent but not the personality. The closest is Tim Howard who is every likable.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »
if yedlin goes to europe i highly doubt he would be retained as a defender. europe is a different breed of football and from all the highlights i have seen of him he likes to move forward. he will be converted to a winger. not a fullback.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 26, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
I'm hearing that two more Trini players (defenders) might sign for CS Visé soon, it's as if they're importing half the country :p. While digging for info Villaroel his name seems to be a potential, along with another Central defender. Any news on this FS/Ameil?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 26, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »
I'm hearing that two more Trini players (defenders) might sign for CS Visé soon, it's as if they're importing half the country :p. While digging for info Villaroel his name seems to be a potential, along with another Central defender. Any news on this FS/Ameil?

It does seem that CS Vise has an interest in Villaroel. Not sure of the other Central defender. There has been understandable interest in many Central players from Vise throughout the window but considering the window is only a few days from being shut any transfers would be very improbable.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 26, 2014, 04:35:37 PM »

It does seem that CS Vise has an interest in Villaroel. Not sure of the other Central defender. There has been understandable interest in many Central players from Vise throughout the window but considering the window is only a few days from being shut any transfers would be very improbable.

The more the merrier, especially if the transfer fees can help Central boost its youth programme :) - it's a win-win. I've heard Villaroel is a quality player and he looked good when I saw a game last year.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 26, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »

The more the merrier, especially if the transfer fees can help Central boost its youth programme :) - it's a win-win. I've heard Villaroel is a quality player and he looked good when I saw a game last year.

Well for one thing, Villaroel is currently in Belgium
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 26, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »

Both Villas and Elton John are currently with CS Visé. Central have an agreement with the Belgian club which will become a route to Europe for Central players. In most cases, there will be no transfer fees, but there will be sell on agreements.

Both clubs feel that T&T players have a value in Europe, but they need to be in the shop window to attract buyers. 

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2014, 02:23:57 AM »

Both Villas and Elton John are currently with CS Visé. Central have an agreement with the Belgian club which will become a route to Europe for Central players. In most cases, there will be no transfer fees, but there will be sell on agreements.

Both clubs feel that T&T players have a value in Europe, but they need to be in the shop window to attract buyers.

That link is fantastic news for Trinbagonian football :) And great news for the players! Shame about no up-front fees, as I'm sure that could help, but sell-on agreements are positive.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Transfer News and Rumors Thread
« Reply #552 on: December 23, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »
Welcome to the Transfer News and Rumors Thread

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer News and Rumors Thread
« Reply #553 on: December 23, 2014, 01:50:22 PM »
Xavi was so close to joining New York City FC!
Xavi: My bags were packed for New York
The 34-year-old was resigned to leaving Camp Nou before an 11th hour phone call persuaded him to remain at the club.

Xavi has revealed he was set to join New York City before Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu called him and convinced him to change his mind.

The 34-year-old was on the brink of joining the new MLS franchise during the offseason after playing a bit-part role in Tata Martino's season at the helm of the Blaugrana.

However, the World Cup winning midfielder was contacted by the club president, who convinced him to reconsider his decision to leave the club.

"The decision was made. I was going to New York. It was all done. A call from Bartomeu was what changed everything," Xavi revealed in an interview with Sport. "He called my agent and told him that he wanted me here.

"Before I went to the World Cup I told them I thought my time at Barcelona was over. I did not feel useful and thought it was not to be. After the World Cup I received a call from Bartomeu and then talked to Luis Enrique.

"He told me I'm going to be a very useful player, that if I prove it, I'll play, that I'm still competitive and they thought of me well, that we would have a good year. He convinced me. It was decisive. I changed. We already had bags packed with my wife to go to New York."

Xavi, who has made 13 appearances in La Liga so far this season, believes he made the right decision, and spoke of his delight at being part of a team which he feels is heading in the right direction.

"I'm happy. I'm enjoying it. I would never have imagined it. I feel useful, I feel competitive," he added. "There are days that I felt I played well, I had good games and good performances and I think the team is going in the right direction."

Barca currently sits second in La Liga, one point adrift of Real Madrid, which holds a game in hand.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2014/12/23/7344752/xavi-my-bags-were-packed-for-new-york?ICID=HP_TS_1

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer News and Rumors Thread
« Reply #554 on: December 23, 2014, 01:52:09 PM »
Yedlin to join Tottenham in January
The United States international will move to White Hart Lane six months ahead of schedule after building on an impressive World Cup campaign with a promising MLS season.

Tottenham has confirmed that defender DeAndre Yedlin will join the club in January from the Seattle Sounders.

The United States international, who agreed a move to White Hart Lane in a deal believed to be worth around 2.5 million pounds in August, has since impressed in MLS and was recently named U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year.

The 21-year-old right back captured the attention of the wider footballing world during his country's spirited showing at last summer's World Cup in Brazil.

Tottenham, meanwhile, has found it difficult to field a consistent presence at right back this season as a consequence of Kyle Walker's ongoing injury problems and Kyle Naughton's poor form, resulting in center back Vlad Chiriches filling in on numerous occasions in recent weeks.

"DeAndre is a young player with great potential who has already achieved a lot in Major League Soccer," Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino told the Premier League club's official website.

"It is important for his development that he is given the time to adapt to his new surroundings both on and off the pitch and we believe that by coming to us in January it will give him the best opportunity to do so."
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/united-states/2014/12/23/7343552/yedlin-to-join-tottenham-in-january

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 31, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »
Don't know if there's any truth to this but this site has Mekeil Williams moving to a Guatemalan team in July. http://www.transfermarkt.com/mekeil-williams/profil/spieler/123112

1]; } ?>