April 28, 2024, 11:43:26 AM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105659 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer deadline news.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2006, 06:55:08 AM »
So i guesss theobald did not sign with doncaster rovers
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2006, 08:54:28 AM »
This youth played in trinidad in 2001
--------------------------------------------

Portsmouth have clinched the signing of Croatia international Niko Kranjcar.

The 22-year-old emerged as a late transfer target for Pompey after Harry Redknapp lost out to Aston Villa for Stilian Petrov.

A deal was quickly put in place for Kranjcar, who is rated as one of the brightest playmaking talents in Europe.

He has signed a four-year contract with the Premiership club after opting to leave Hajduk Split in his homeland.

Pompey flew their medical team out to Zagreb where Kranjcar is preparing for Croatia's upcoming Euro 2008 qualifier against Russia next week.

Kranjcar passed the medical before signing his deal with Redknapp's side and caps a busy few days in the transfer market for the South Coast club.

© 2006 BSkyB | Privacy Statement Terms and Conditions Accessibility Contact Us
Select stylesheet: High Contrast (?) Default version
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2006, 11:17:36 AM »
This youth played in trinidad in 2001
--------------------------------------------

Portsmouth have clinched the signing of Croatia international Niko Kranjcar.

The 22-year-old emerged as a late transfer target for Pompey after Harry Redknapp lost out to Aston Villa for Stilian Petrov.

A deal was quickly put in place for Kranjcar, who is rated as one of the brightest playmaking talents in Europe.

He has signed a four-year contract with the Premiership club after opting to leave Hajduk Split in his homeland.

Pompey flew their medical team out to Zagreb where Kranjcar is preparing for Croatia's upcoming Euro 2008 qualifier against Russia next week.

Kranjcar passed the medical before signing his deal with Redknapp's side and caps a busy few days in the transfer market for the South Coast club.

© 2006 BSkyB | Privacy Statement Terms and Conditions Accessibility Contact Us
Select stylesheet: High Contrast (?) Default version

learn to read the posts in the thread before u post nah!!

this was posted before!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Abramovich says Chelsea will cut down transfer spending
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
Abramovich says Chelsea will cut down transfer spending

LONDON, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Big-spending Chelsea will cut down on buying players in future years, according to billionaire owner Roman Abramovich.

"Our strategy is to bring up our own players through the academy, which we have invested a lot in, and we hope that will give results," the Russian was quoted as saying in Sunday's Observer newspaper.

"We will be spending less in the transfer market in future years."

ADVERTISEMENT

Abramovich, who has given few interviews since taking over at Stamford Bridge in 2003, said he found it difficult to cope with defeat.

"Something that really disappoints me is when Chelsea lose. I cannot stand it," he said.

Abramovich took special pride in 2005 when the west London club ended a 50-year wait for the top-flight championship.

"Winning the first Premiership was a moment of happiness and I could talk about that for ages," he said. "This is a joy very different for Chelsea fans who had been waiting for this victory for 50 years.

"I was very happy for myself, not only because Chelsea won the Premiership, but because the victory made so many other Chelsea fans happy. Being an observer to that made me happy."

Sceptics have wondered how long Abramovich will sustain his interest in Chelsea but he described himself as a supporter of special nature.

"People who know me said I will win one or two Premierships and will not be interested after that," said the 40-year-old Russian oligarch. "The reality is...I am more excited about this particular season than last year or the year before.

"I am getting excited before every single game. The trophy at the end is less important than the process itself."

Abramovich also gave an insight into his relationship with his colourful manager Jose Mourinho.

"We do not have friendly relations but they are warm enough," said the Chelsea owner.

"Generally speaking, I treat him with great respect."

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Abramovich says Chelsea will cut down transfer spending
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2006, 06:14:11 PM »
 :rotfl:

"Something that really disappoints me is when Chelsea lose. I cannot stand it," he said.

Must hurt. Spend so much money to get results. Simple. I feel he fed up operating at a loss....or he get a degree of sense.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said the club aimed to break even by the financial year of 2009-2010.

:rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 06:23:10 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2006, 03:56:50 AM »
""People who know me said I will win one or two Premierships and will not be interested after that," said the 40-year-old Russian oligarch. "The reality is...I am more excited about this particular season than last year or the year before.

"I am getting excited before every single game. The trophy at the end is less important than the process itself."

these words must be like a dagger to the heart for all the Chelsea haters  ;D
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2006, 04:29:44 AM »
here's the full article from the Observer

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,1978616,00.html

Abramovich: no more of the big spender

David Smith in Moscow
Sunday December 24, 2006
The Observer

Roman Abramovich, the billionaire owner of Chelsea, has signalled an end to his extravagant spending on new signings but insisted that his passion for English football is stronger than ever. Speaking exclusively to The Observer, the Russian also denied that he ever interferes in team selection and characterised his relationship with manager Jose Mourinho as 'warm enough'.
Abramovich has been accused of distorting the transfer market by lavishing tens of millions of pounds on overpriced players who then languish in Chelsea's reserves. But he claimed the policy would not go on indefinitely. 'Our strategy is to bring up our own players through the academy, which we have invested a lot in, and we hope that will give results,' he said in Moscow last week. 'We will be spending less in the transfer market in future years.'

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea's conduct under Abramovich has also been clouded by a series of 'tapping up' allegations. The club was found guilty of making an illegal approach for Ashley Cole after it met the left-back without Arsenal's permission at a London hotel last year. Asked if his business methods were too aggressive, there was a silence before Abramovich replied: 'I don't think so.'
Shrugging off the club's unpopularity, he continued: 'Everyone likes the situation where the leader loses. We don't have financial problems - that's probably also a factor. But you need to give credit: the number of Chelsea fans has increased substantially. There are two groups: ones who love the team and those who don't like it.'

Mourinho said recently that if he was forced by Abramovich to pick certain players he might as well leave the club. The Russian claimed that he keeps his opinions to himself - almost. 'I'm not involved in team selection. I cannot say I'm completely not involved in buying players, but my role would be significantly lower than that of the manager's. You cannot compare them. To give an example, this would be an impossible situation when a manager does not want a player to be bought and I try to impose ideas. It would not work.'

Does that apply to Andrei Shevchenko, a friend of Abramovich and grave disappointment since his £30million signing last summer? 'Any player, Shevchenko included.' The charismatic Mourinho, noted for his sartorial elegance and flamboyant touchline celebrations, is a very different personality from the understated and dressed-down Abramovich, who admitted: 'We do not have friendly relations but they are warm enough. Generally speaking, I treat him with great respect and not only because of his football achievements.'

The former oil magnate, who with a personal fortune estimated at £10.8billion is ranked as Britain's second-richest man, denied that his ambitions for Chelsea extend to a European 'Super League'. 'I don't see the risk of that,' he said. 'Money plays an important role in football but it is not the dominating factor. Everything that happens now - the Premiership, the Champions League, the FA Cup, the Carling Cup - I am interested in and just happy about. I don't have an opinion about Chelsea playing in a Super League. My feeling would be that you lose something of the beauty of the Premiership by joining something not defined at the moment. When Chelsea play a Carling Cup game in a small city and it could result in a draw - the excitement, the spirit, the atmosphere - that's the real beauty of football in England.'

The 40-year-old portrayed himself as a genuine fan. 'Something that really disappoints me is when Chelsea lose. I cannot stand it. Winning the first Premiership was a moment of happiness and I could talk about that for ages. This is a joy very different for Chelsea fans who'd been waiting for this victory for 50 years. I was very happy for myself, not only because Chelsea won the Premiership, but because the victory made so many other Chelsea fans happy. Being an observer to that made me happy.'

He also reassured the fans that he is here to stay. 'People who know me said I will win one or two Premierships and will not be interested after that. The reality is that we've won two Premierships, but I'm more excited about this particular season than last year or the year before. I am a fan of special nature. I'm getting excited before every single game. The trophy at the end is less important than the process itself.'

Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Official Transfers/Rumours thread.
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2007, 10:24:36 AM »
Todays Topics in Football

EMBARRASSED! LIVERPOOL ARE MADE TO LOOK LIKE MUGS AT ANFIELD BY A YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED ARSENAL. IS IT TIME FOR BENITEZ TO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY? WHO'S TO BLAME FOR THIS CATASTROPHIC FAILURE?

TRANSFER RUMOURS

West Ham have made a dramatic £7m bid for Arsenal's Freddie Ljungberg after missing out on Shaun Wright-Phillips. (The Sun)

But the Hammers face competition from Italian sides AC Milan and Juventus for the Swede. (Daily Express)

Arsenal have targeted Marseille's Franck Ribery, which is why they are prepared to let Ljungberg go. (Daily Mirror)

The Gunners have also been linked with Dutch international left winger Ryan Babel from Ajax. (The Independent)

Arsenal's right-back Lauren is another target for the struggling Hammers. (Daily Mail)

West Ham have told Mark Viduka they will better his wages at Middlesbrough to tempt him to Upton Park. (Daily Express)

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley is prepared to offer Viduka a staggering £60,000 a week. (Daily Mirror)

Owen Hargreaves fears Bayern Munich's "crazy" price tag has ruled him out of a dream move to Manchester United. (The Sun, Independent)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has turned the screw on manager Jose Mourinho by cutting his transfer budget. (The Sun)

Chelsea may swoop for defender Josip Simunic - the player that referee Graham Poll famously booked three times during the World Cup. (Daily Star)

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce has joined the race to sign Luton striker Rowan Vine. (The Sun)

Newcastle are increasingly concerned that an agent-driven plan to move Obafemi Martins to Chelsea in the summer is unsettling the Nigerian. (The Guardian)

Teenage star Gareth Bale will snub Manchester United to stay at Southampton. (The Sun)

Bale has stalled on a new contract extension, prompting disagreement on Saints' board over whether to sell or not. (The Guardian)

Rangers will make a £1m move for Blackburn hardman Andy Todd. (Daily Record)

Aston Villa striker Milan Baros is a shock transfer target for La Liga strugglers Levante. (The Sun)

Villa have enquired about Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy and are ready to test the Reds with a £6m bid. (Daily Mail)

Phil Jagielka will quit Sheffield United for Liverpool in a £9m deal at the end of the season - if the Blades are relegated. (Daily Mirror, Daily Star)

Albert Luque has been offered a quick way out of his Newcastle nightmare by Dutch giants PSV. (Various)

Sheffield United, Blackburn and Portsmouth have joined the race to sign Belgian striker Emile Mpenza, who plays for Al Rayyan in Qatar. (Daily Mirror)

Hamilton whizzkid Jamie McCarthy is heading for Reading for talks over a £250,000 deal. (Daily Mirror)

Watford have put a £9m price tag on the head of star Ashley Young. (Various)

Wigan's David Wright is wanted by Ipswich boss Jim Magilton in a bargain £200,000 deal. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs are lining up a transfer window move for Kilmarnock star Steven Naismith. (Daily Record)

Former Chelsea midfielder Alexei Smertin is in talks with various clubs over a return to England, say his current employers Dinamo Moscow.

Heard a transfer rumour? Let us know ...

OTHER GOSSIP

Walter Smith will be confirmed as Rangers' new manager today. (Daily Telegraph)

Rangers will have to fork out £250,000 to have Walter Smith released from his contract. (Daily Record)

Former Liverpool boss Graeme Souness is making a shock bid to buy Wolves from owner Sir Jack Hayward in a £20m deal. (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid are ready to offer under-fire Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho an escape route out of Stamford Bridge. (Daily Express, Mirror)

Chelsea's misfiring striker Andriy Shevchenko has been told he will be dropped if he cannot score against Wycombe in the Carling Cup. (The Sun)

The father of Pompey owner Alexandre Gaydamak has been bankrolling the club's transfers, even though he is also the owner of an Israeli team. (Daily Express)

Aaron Lennon's new five-and-a-half-year deal with Spurs is worth £11m. (The Sun)

Milan Mandaric will give Leicester manager Rob Kelly £3m to save the Foxes from relegation when he completes his takeover of the club this week. (The Sun)

Lord Stevens' bung team will tell the FA the names of the eight agents who have refused to help with their inquiry. (Various)

The inquiry team have already started questioning the eight agents involved in the 17 suspect transfers. (Daily Express)

Stevens' team attended a meeting with Scottish Football Association officials to discuss methods of obliging SFA-licenced agents to assist with their probe. (The Guardian)

The FA has appealed for Lord Stevens' team to reveal the Premier League clubs suspected of breaking transfer rules when they meet today. (Daily Telegraph)

AND FINALLY...

Nottingham Forest defender Julian Bennett reckons he knows all about their FA Cup fourth round opponents Chelsea after playing against them on the PlayStation. (The Sun)

Forest boss Colin Calderwood said he nearly crashed his car when they were drawn against Chelsea. (Daily Star)

Reading star Bobby Convey is praying Tuesday's game against Burnley goes ahead so his family do not have a wasted 4,000-mile trip. The Convey clan have seen the winger miss the Chelsea and Manchester United games through injury and the FA Cup tie at the weekend was called off. (Daily Star)

Still want to sound off???? Join us on our World Soccer Daily/Fox Football Fone-in message boards... http://s9.invisionfree.com/WSW/index.php

Also on iTunes/Talk-SpokenWord/BigSoccer
www.real.com/soccer
www.worldsoccerweekly.com

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2007, 06:27:23 PM »
So fellaz is rell movements happenin locally with playerz in de PFL....so wuh allyuh feel like..allyuh think dat Public could defend dey title or allyuh think NE Stars could make ah run fuh it?? Both teams acquire some very useful Personnel....men who could make each team much better...Well ah doh relly need tuh mention bout Connection or Jabloteh....cuz we always expecting dem tuh be in de runnins...or could this be ah bad season fuh both teams?(ah jus sayin anything could happen)....Anyway..we cyar leave out dem other teams...de underdogs..allyuh feel Pertrotrin, AIA, De Army, Starworld or Rangers could make ah push fuh de title dis year??? Wuh bout Bago ??? :rotfl:??? :rotfl:

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=391&Itemid=118
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Summer Transfer News
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2007, 11:07:51 AM »
Not sure what most of allyuh think. BUt I real love the summer 'season'. All the transfers and speculation gets me revved up for the season ahead...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=443144&cc=5901

MADRID, July 3 (Reuters) - Spanish champions Real Madrid are trying to sign Roma centre-back Cristian Chivu and off-load Brazilian midfielder Emerson and Italy striker Antonio Cassano, according to club president Ramon Calderon.

'Chivu is a centre-back we like, he's left footed and can also play at full-back, but for us to sign him Roma have to want to sell him,' Calderon told radio station Cadena Ser on Tuesday.

The Romanian international has been linked with moves to Inter Milan and Barcelona, but the Catalans are now reported to be targeting Real Zaragoza's Argentine centre-back Diego Milito to strengthen their defence.

The Real Madrid chief said Emerson, who joined Real from Juventus for a reported €14 million last season, could leave the club together with another former Roma player Cassano.

'It looks like Emerson and Cassano won't continue at the club,' said Calderon.

'Cassano has had an unsustainable relationship with the club for the last couple of months and although there is nothing definite about Emerson if he does leave it will be down to a technical decision.'

Calderon confirmed the club's interest in signing either Chelsea winger Arjen Robben or Olympique Lyon's French international Florent Malouda, but said that Germany defender Christoph Metzelder would be the first player to arrive at the Bernabeu.

'We like Robben and Malouda, but both play in the same position and only one of them can come,' he said. 'Metzelder is certain to be the first player to sign. He is very tall and will give us extra quality at the back.'

Calderon added that the club wanted Bernd Schuster to take charge of the team in place of Fabio Capello who was sacked last week, but he insisted they would not negotiate with the German until he freed himself from his present contract with Getafe

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=443098&cc=5901

ROME, July 3 (Reuters) - AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka will not be sold to Real Madrid, the European champions said again on Tuesday.

Transfer speculation in Spain and Italy has linked Kaka with a move to Real despite repeated declarations by Milan that the player is not for sale.

Earlier this month Milan said Kaka's father had held a meeting with Real Madrid.

'I've asked (Real's sporting director) Pedrag Mijatovic to drop this business about Kaka. I've told him enough is enough - in a polite way of course,' vice-president Adriano Galliani was quoted as saying on Milan's website.

'Kaka will absolutely be staying in Milan. He has a contract and I believe he is happy to be in Milan.

'Certainly, these things are disturbing, but it's proof that we have got the best player in the world.'

Kaka has developed into one of Milan's key players since joining from Brazilian club Sao Paolo in 2003.

The 25-year-old was the driving force behind Milan's victorious Champions League campaign last season, scoring 10 goals on the way to the final.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=443043&cc=5901

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas fears Florent Malouda's proposed move to Chelsea may not materialise do to a lack of conviction from the Blues.

Left winger Malouda has made it clear he wants to join the London club and claims he has already spoken to manager Jose Mourinho.

But Chelsea have yet to meet Lyon's valuation of the France international, which is believed to be around £17million.

And with Lyon already back in training ahead of the new season, Aulas does not believe the Blues have the appetite to finalise the transfer.

'I said to Flo that I wasn't sure the deal was going to materialise and that it was necessary he went to Tignes [Lyon's training base],' said Aulas.

'I am not sure Chelsea have the desire or the means to call out to Florent Malouda.

'[Chelsea chief executive] Peter Kenyon said to Flo he was leaving for Moscow to meet the club's owner [Roman Abramovich]. Sometimes, things happen quickly.

'But I don't feel these people really want to tie up this deal.'

Malouda, who has also been linked with Liverpool, was not at Tignes yesterday for the Lyon squad's first day of pre-season training.

But he is set to link up with the rest of his Les Gones team-mates for the remainder of this week's training, as he awaits news from Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Monday's training session was memorable for the wrong reasons for the French champions.

Moments before the beginning of practice, former Arsenal striker Sylvain Wiltord was taken from the training ground by police officers for questioning regarding a speeding offence.

The France forward left the station later in the day but has been told to return in a few months.

Aulas said: 'I don't think it's serious. He hasn't responded to summons following a speeding offence.

'It is especially annoying in relation to the image of the club.

'It is a private problem, but it is now affecting OL and OL's sponsors.'

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Transfer News
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
Liverpool are expected to announce Fernando Torres as their £26.5million record signing tomorrow after he passed a medical.

Click here
The Spanish international was on Merseyside today and passed the medical before flying back to Madrid, where he will hold a media conference to say his goodbye to Atletico fans in the morning.

The 23-year-old will then return to Liverpool where he will be unveiled as boss Rafael Benitez's prized summer capture.

Torres has cut short his holiday to complete the deal, which will see him sign a six-year contract worth £90,000 a week.

The arrival of Torres will probably trigger the sale of one of Liverpool's strikers, although it is not going to be Peter Crouch, despite interest from Manchester City.

Benitez has already sold Luis Garcia to Atletico Madrid for £4million, a deal confirmed today by both clubs, and will also want to sort out the future of Djibril Cisse who is a £6million target of Marseille, where he has been on loan for a season.

The other departure is set to be Craig Bellamy, with West Ham or Manchester City his likely destination.

Crouch's future has become a point of interest with Manchester City's likely new boss Sven-Goran Eriksson seemingly keen to sign the lanky striker.

Eriksson is on the brink of being confirmed as City's boss this week, with new owner Thaksin Shinawatra on the point of purchasing the 75% of shares he needs to de-list the club from the Stock Exchange. Only then will he confirm Eriksson as manager.

But claims that Crouch is concerned over his contract, with two years left to run, have been denied by Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry.

The England striker's Anfield future was cast in doubt at the weekend when it was reported he was the only Liverpool player with two years remaining on his contract who has not been invited to open talks about a new deal.

Parry said: 'It is not true that he is the only player not to have been approached about a new deal and he is very much part of Rafa Benitez's future plans.'

But with Torres now joining Crouch, Dirk Kuyt, Andriy Voronin and Bellamy on Liverpool's striking list, one forward is likely to make way and Bellamy is the favourite.

Benitez needs the funds from such transfers to help finance the massive outlay for Torres, and Luis Garcia was also sacrificed.

The midfielder was unveiled in Madrid today and said: 'It was a difficult decision because it hurts to be leaving one of the most important clubs in the world, and a club with one of the best sets of fans.

'I have enjoyed three great years there. There are several different reasons and the decision took a lot of thought, but Liverpool will always be with me because they always treated me very well.

'I have been lucky to win things there, but I did not want to let the opportunity pass to win trophies in Spain.'

The likelihood of Gabriel Heinze joining Torres at Anfield seems to have receded.

It is believed that Manchester United would not be happy selling the Argentinean full-back to one of their biggest rivals.

There have been no direct transfers between the clubs since 1964 when Phil Chisnall moved from United to Liverpool.

Heinze, currently playing for his country in the Copa America, and his advisors are believed to be interested but that will not impress his Old Trafford employers.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »
Benitez and he Spanish players. Torres is a great buy but I ain't sure if that is worth de loss of Luis Garcia

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »
luis garcia was always a big player. he will be missed.

werent liverpool going after simao also?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2007, 02:24:33 PM »
I notice this one fly under de radar but this is a very big signing.. I think this could signal the end of the road for Canizares.. Hildebrand could easily be one of the best keepers in the world, if it wasnt for Kahn and Lehmann holding on to that German jersey...

Hildebrand transfers to Valencia

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/6987384

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Valencia has acquired goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand on a free transfer from German league champion Stuttgart.

Valencia said it would present Hildebrand later Wednesday at the Mestalla stadium once he passes a medical exam.

Valencia finished fourth in the Spanish league this past season, 10 points behind winner Real Madrid. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
AC Milan have more work to do, but dey eh wastin' no time:

http:www//telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/05/05/ufnflamini305.xml

With Juventus back in European competition next season (along with the usual suspects) and players' rest period being interrupted by "Euro 2008" (at least de ENGLISH players gettin' all dey rest) Beijing and the start of WCQ's looming, next season will be very interesting.

Who next, and where dey goin'?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 05:42:02 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Transfermarkt.co.uk
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
I was browsing and came across this site, don't know if it was posted previously

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/verein/5581/san-juan-jabloteh/uebersicht/startseite.html

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/verein/5582/w-connection/uebersicht/startseite.html

They have market value of players from Jab and Connection since they are part of Concacaf CL not sure how they came up with the values but it does seem that players who have UK and Euro experience are priced higher (Sam, Lawrence and Williams)

Interesting how they rate the squad. player values range from 20K to 350K quid
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Transfermarkt.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »
Dis interesting. Next ting yuh go see dem men in Football Manager and ting.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Official 2011/2012 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
Trade Rumors already

Pirlo to Napoli
Balotelli for 24 mil to Napoli
Lavezzi to Man City
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:42:55 PM by Flex »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2011/2012 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Bayern tryin to get Benfica's Coentrao. 
I hope he come to his senses and go to a good club.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
United Speculation:

GK: Neur, De Gea, Sketlenberg

MID: Rodwell, Young, Sneijder, Modric, Sanchez, Adam

Fergie said today he wants 2 or 3.. one of those 3 keepers(Neur hopefully), Modric and Sanchez for me please

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2011, 07:25:54 PM »
United Speculation:

Fergie said today he wants 2 or 3.. one of those 3 keepers(Neur hopefully), Modric and Sanchez for me please

Is this Man U club management speculation or Man U messageboard ole talk?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »
Neuer would be a HUGE coup for United... hope it doesn't happen.

Young also tied to rumors of a move to Liverpool... among others.  He'd be fantastic on a bigger squad.  Imagine if we had that kind of speed on the left side?  Personally I don't think he should go to United... only to split time like Berba, Nani et al.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
United Speculation:

these are the names that have the most accuracy among the journo's on twitter and various media outlets.

If I had to type the names that are loosely linked with United I would still be typing... these names above seem to have actual steam especially Rodwell, Sneijder, Young, Sanchez and De Gea

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »
JUVENTUS:

what i can recall at d top of my head

coach: mazzari/antonio conte/villas boas/van gaal/lippi/ancelotti/didier deschamps

defense: beck/rolando/ziegler/tim ream(wtf)

midfield: pirlo/bastos/fernando/montolivio/

forward: aguero/tevez/rossi/benzema

we neeed --> RB,LB,LW,SS,CF,,ACM (all world class)..then talk about backups

are leaving/may leave/should leave/probably wudnt end up leaving: amauri/iaquinta/giovinco/sissoko/martinez/pepe/brazzo/aquilani/traore/rinaudo/grygera/motta/

cud make a fares: chiellini/buffon/melo

should be given a shot promoted: ekdal/boniperti/luca marrone/pasquato/libertazzi/gabriel appelt/magnusson

loans that should be confirmed: matri/quagliarella/sorensen

should be pissed, shitted on, quartered, then shot: luigi del neri

hard f**kin slap: andrea agnelli, bepe marotta, john elkann, nike

new stadium, no european football, not even d intertoto wormhole, from next season only the top 3 from italy making it to the champions league...investment in quality this summer is a must...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:25:41 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:34 AM »
JUVENTUS:

what i can recall at d top of my head

coach: mazzari/antonio conte/villas boas/van gaal/lippi/ancelotti/didier deschamps

defense: beck/rolando/ziegler/tim ream(wtf)

midfield: pirlo/bastos/fernando/montolivio/

forward: aguero/tevez/rossi/benzema

we neeed --> RB,LB,LW,SS,CF,,ACM (all world class)..then talk about backups

are leaving/may leave/should leave/probably wudnt end up leaving: amauri/iaquinta/giovinco/sissoko/martinez/pepe/brazzo/aquilani/traore/rinaudo/grygera/motta/

cud make a fares: chiellini/buffon/melo

should be given a shot promoted: ekdal/boniperti/luca marrone/pasquato/libertazzi/gabriel appelt/magnusson

loans that should be confirmed: matri/quagliarella/sorensen

should be pissed, shitted on, quartered, then shot: luigi del neri

hard f**kin slap: andrea agnelli, bepe marotta, john elkann, nike

new stadium, no european football, not even d intertoto wormhole, from next season only the top 3 from italy making it to the champions league...investment in quality this summer is a must...

Fellow juve fan..... would be surprised if Mazzarri leaves CL football for no European football at all!
Bring back Deschamps or bring Ancelotti if chelsea dumb enuff to fire him

Conte too green and van gaal jus crazy!

i hearing the Bastos talk...he supposedly said he wanna come

and Pirlo could stay there...go for Montolivio i find

wouldnt mind if they look to Hulk too!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »
United Speculation:

these are the names that have the most accuracy among the journo's on twitter and various media outlets.

If I had to type the names that are loosely linked with United I would still be typing... these names above seem to have actual steam especially Rodwell, Sneijder, Young, Sanchez and De Gea

1 question, how do you deem a rumour to be accurate when it still at the rumour stage?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 09:53:41 AM »
United Speculation:

Small Mag, is that "keeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax yuh talkin' 'bout? If so, I hope DAT is de man allyuh pick up!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2011, 10:20:04 AM »
Neuer has said repeatedly he has no intention of leaving Germany, except on holiday. Bayern already pretty much sewn up a deal with him according to reports. United probably better off looking at Stekelenburg or De Gea, although after Stekelenburg pull a "Sergio Ramos" with the Dutch League trophy this past weekend they might not consider him such a safe pair of hands.

Still hoping for Arsenal to sign a brand name striker to partner RvP. Reading rumors of Benzema (after his falling out with Mourinho) but I doubt that. Bendtner needs to go.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:01 AM »
Neuer has said repeatedly he has no intention of leaving Germany, except on holiday. Bayern already pretty much sewn up a deal with him according to reports. United probably better off looking at Stekelenburg or De Gea, although after Stekelenburg pull a "Sergio Ramos" with the Dutch League trophy this past weekend they might not consider him such a safe pair of hands.

Still hoping for Arsenal to sign a brand name striker to partner RvP. Reading rumors of Benzema (after his falling out with Mourinho) but I doubt that. Bendtner needs to go.

Yeah Neuer to Bayern is a done deal. I been listening to the English press and after the Schalke game all of them start talking about "could Ferguson get him and United have more pull" as if there was some debate about it.

Small Mag, is that "keeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax yuh talkin' 'bout? If so, I hope DAT is de man allyuh pick up!

As a man who does watch keepers I would like to know your take on Stekelenburg.

To me he seems to fit the bill. He look good in the World Cup but more importantly he accustom to playing behind good defences. Hopefully this means he not like Foster and Kusczcak who are good keepers when they saving shots every 2 minutes but they does fall asleep and lose composure once the ball in the next half for 10 minutes.

For all the talk about De Gea (never seen him) I not keen on a keeper who is not #1 for his country and a 20 year old keeper no matter how good is just going to make big mistakes a la Sczezcny. I know it nice to have a Buffon or Casillas for 20 years but I don't see the need for a young keeper when yuh could get an established 28+ year old for a long stretch.

The next man they talking about is Akinfeev. Would be interested to know how yuh rate them 3.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »
I just see Botafogo want Seedorf on goal.com.
He married to a Brasilian and has a house in Rio.

1]; } ?>