March 28, 2024, 09:23:36 AM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105131 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stoke City transfer gossip: QPR looking at Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #510 on: January 07, 2014, 12:59:07 PM »
Stoke City transfer gossip: QPR looking at Kenwyne Jones
The Sentinel

KENWYNE Jones is being tenuously linked with a January move to QPR.

Harry Redknapp has made no secret of his search for fresh firepower.

Well January wouldn't be January without Harry crying out for a new signing or two.

He may be barking up the wrong tree with Jones, however, because Mark Hughes has just said his big striker is going nowhere in January.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-transfer-gossip-QPR-looking-Kenwyne/story-20409906-detail/story.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2014/2015 Transfers/Rumours thread.
« Reply #511 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
anyone looking to move in for Moyes & Fellani? We have a two for one deal
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 07, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
anyone looking to move in for Moyes & Fellani? We have a two for one deal

dey does do yard work? I also need a driver.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #513 on: January 08, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »
Toronto to unveil Jermain Defoe - report
By PA Sport

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe is set to join Toronto FC on Monday, according to the Toronto Sun.

The newspaper has reported that "Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe will be unveiled as TFC's newest Designated Player Monday morning."

No direct mention of Defoe appeared on Toronto FC's official website, but an image on the home page carries the words "It's a bloody big deal," accompanied by Monday's date.

That link leads to a video, posted by Toronto FC on YouTube and described by the Toronto Sun as "a cheeky (club) marketing campaign," of a man in a white polo shirt sitting in what resembles an English cafe.

The man drinks from a cup of tea before spitting the drink out in shock at what he has seen on a television screen, before Toronto's logo appears beside him.

Should Defoe head to Major League Soccer, he will do so following 15-and-a-half years in English football and nine with Tottenham, split across two spells which have yielded 142 goals.

That tally leaves him fifth among the club's all-time leading goalscorers. He has scored nine this season, two in Sept. 24's Premier League win over Aston Villa with the rest coming in the Europa League.

He has struggled to break into the starting line up under coaches Andre Villas-Boas and his replacement Tim Sherwood, though, with Roberto Soldado and most recently Emmanuel Adebayor preferred.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
Manager wants to keep Jones, but fans don’t
« Reply #514 on: January 10, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »

Manager wants to keep Jones, but fans don’t

Stoke City boss Mark Hughes has said in no uncertain terms that he has no intention’ of selling Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones and winger Jermain Pennant.

Hughes comments were recorded in the Sentinel newspaper in England, after Jones scored on the weekend. However, while the Stoke manager seems sold on Jones being a Stoke player in the future, fans who commented on the article, adamantly felt the T&T player should be sold.

T&T captain Jones made only his 10th appearance of the season on Saturday as he scored during the Potters’ 2-1 win over Leicester City in the FA Cup third round.

When asked if the 29-year-old could leave the club in January, Hughes told The Sentinel newspaper: “That’s not the intention. We’ve had problems scoring goals and so we’ve got to keep players who can get you a goal, and he showed he’s an option for us.”

Jones saw action for the first time in five weeks when scoring the first item in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Leicester to tee up a fourth-round tie at Chelsea.

And Pennant didn’t even make the bench on Saturday after conceding a late penalty four days earlier—and being widely criticised for being pictured on the internet as Oussama Bin Laden at a fancy dress party.

But Hughes was pretty adamant about their immediate future by stating: “Kenwyne has had to be patient and I haven’t been able to give him too many opportunities.

“He lost his place to Peter (Crouch) and has had to bide his time, but when he plays like that he will always be a threat to teams.”

On Pennant, Hughes said there was no place on the bench because he needed defensive back-up, adding: “He’s here until the end of the season, at least.” Below are comments from the Sentinel newspaper.

SENTINEL COMMENTS:

Ladypotters72 - Sparky best tell Kenwyne it’s in his job description to score goals!!!

StokieJonesy1 - Sell Kenwyne. Buy Mame Biram Diouf

Comicrelief - All I have to ask in regards to this article is .Why not ?

Holeinhole - That’s them gone then! That’s have a good clean-out before that’s too late this term

RW Stripes - I’m sorry Kenwyne doesn’t show enough commitment or desire and only plays to his full potential one game in five. Yes he is great on his day, but his day is all too infrequent. I have said before if he had an ounce of Fuller’s aggression he would be unplayable and no centre half in the league would welcome facing him. Unless he ups his workrate, I’m afraid he needs to go.

Jeffrey12011 - Pennant is a liability. Let him go. Jones no longer inspires in the Prem. Let him go as well.

bex41 - The problem with Jones is that he only plays like he did against lower division teams, and we ought to let him go!

LiamOSullivan - So will Jones be offered a new five year contract and a well deserved raise in pay for record amount of time spent on the bench?
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 13, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »
Scotland next to leave
barnsley.vitalfootball.co.uk

Striker Jason Scotland looks set to be the next player to leave Barnsley as the Oakwell clear-out continues.

Scotland looks set to have his contract terminated and a move to a club in Scotland looks likely.

Barnsley are said to be signing a new striker this week. Rumours have been linking Adam Le Fondre but I just can`t see him coming to Oakwell.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »
Cardiff close on Kenwyne Jones transfer, with Peter Odemwingie offered as makeweight
By John Cross (mirror.co.uk)

Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was last night trying to tie up a deal for Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones.

Solskjaer is ready to let Cardiff’s Peter Odemwingie go in the opposite direction in a surprise swap deal.

Cardiff are desperate to boost their fire power in their battle against relegation and it would represent a fresh start for Jones.

Mirror Sport revealed earlier this month that Jones refused to play against Liverpool and had been fined two weeks’ wages by Stoke for a breach of discipline.

Stoke boss Mark Hughes had been set to bring in Jones from the cold to face Chelsea on Sunday in the FA Cup.

But the potential swap deal shows that Stoke are clearly putting Premier League survival first.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 05, 2014, 03:18:18 AM »
Ranking the 20 Worst Transfers of the January Transfer Window
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1947579-ranking-the-20-worst-transfers-of-the-january-transfer-window/

He's a bit confident to be stating that barely a few days after the window shut!

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ex W Connection & Pro League Standout teenage son on trial with Arsenal FC
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2014, 07:02:15 AM »
http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/02/26/local-soccer-star-caniggia-ginola-elva-starstruck-after-earning-tryout-with-englands-arsenal-fc

BY MICHAEL PLATT ,CALGARY SUN
FIRST POSTED: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2014 06:43 PM MST | UPDATED: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2014 10:17 AM MST

He already has an offer from a German club on the table, but it’s the German who sat beside him at the lunch on Wednesday that really left Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva in a state of awe.
“Mesut Ozil sat beside him at lunch — Caniggia told me he could barely eat his food,” said Ramon Mifflin, director of operations for Calgary’s South West United Soccer Club.
“He was completely star struck.” You’d have to follow English soccer to understand Elva’s excitement — but what’s easy to grasp is that the 17-year-old from Calgary is currently in England, trying out for one of the world’s top soccer sides, Arsenal F.C..

Even landing a tryout with the Premiership’s second-place team, known to fans as the Gunners, is a stunning achievement for the youth, who moved to Calgary from the Caribbean island of Saint Lucia at the age of 12.

Local soccer star Caniggia 'Ginola' Elva starstruck after earning tryout with England's Arsenal F.C.His team trumpeted the news over Twitter last week, stating: “OH MY - SWU Striker Caniggia Elva off to London, England for trial Monday with Arsenal FC. Thanks to all who helped him get there!”

Those watching the futball phenom’s development say Arsenal’s decision to fly Elva first-class to London on Monday shows they’ve seen a glimmer of what coaches here have long believed — that Elva is the most skilled soccer player Canada has ever produced.
“I think Caniggia at this moment, his skillset is better than Owen Hargreaves at the same age,” said Mifflin. That’s a huge statement, given Hargreaves’ vaunted position as the most successful Canadian soccer player ever, with a career that took him from Calgary to Bayern Munich and Manchester United, as well as a controversial decision to join England’s international squad.

But Mifflin says Elva is the better player, at this point. “He’s better, but we don’t know what’s going to happen — Hargreaves had the drive and determination to make it,” said Mifflin.
Hargreaves also chose to play for his father’s birthplace when the time came to choose an international side, and critics say the choice of England deprived Canadian kids of a valuable role model representing the maple leaf. Mifflin says that won’t be repeated in Elva’s case.
Though his father, Titus ‘Titi’ Elva, was a St Lucian international, the younger Elva has already expressed a desire to play for Canada — once his long-awaited immigration papers are settled.
“He wants to play for Canada,” said Mifflin. But first things first — and for now, Elva is focused on impressing a team full of stars like Mesut Ozil.

A video of the Calgarian showing off his skills hasn’t hurt — and it’s said that footage helped convince the Arsenal bosses to give Elva a shot.
“I am extremely grateful and humbled by this opportunity. I am a lifelong Thierry Henry fan, and it’s a dream come true to be at this great club!!” wrote Elva via an email from England.
He was also quick to praise his Calgary club for getting his a shot at the big leagues. “If it wasn’t for my family, teammates from Southwest United 96-97’s, my coaches, and SWU the best club in Calgary, this opportunity would have never happened” he wrote.

The tryout for Arsenal follows a trial and offer to play professionally in Stuttgart, Germany — but there has also been interest from Barcelona, and Benfica, who want a look at the Calgary forward.
The news has made the sport press in Europe, where one outlet described him as an “energetic youngster, who has pace and an eye for goal and can play out wide or in a more advanced attacking role.”
In Calgary, Elva’s uncle — with whom the future pro lives — says the whole family is overwhelmed with nervous joy. “I’m very proud of him,” said Oliver Elva.

michael.platt@sunmedia.ca

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnoYcc1yW6U?" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nnoYcc1yW6U?</a>

W PRESS RELEASE
February 28, 2014 at 8:33am

It is with great pride and joy that we extend hearty congratulations to our very own Titus "Titi" Elva, the former player #11 at W Connection FC whose son Caniggia Elva is on a trial at English Premier Club Arsenal FC! Caniggia has also been propositioned by German team Stuttgart and has captured the attention of FC Barcelona and Benfica.

Titi who hails from Vieux-Fort, Saint Lucia played with the club from its inception in 1999 up until the mid-2000s. His unforgettable goal scoring skills and infamous acrobatic field celebrations are trademarks stamped upon the history of W Connection FC. Caniggia who grew up around the old school cast of W Connection FC players would often accompany his father to team training sessions where he would display his already burgeoning talent. Now this young man has become a truly outstanding football talent and we here at W Connection could not be more proud of him!

We at W Connection FC want to wish both Caniggia and his father Titi the very best on this exciting journey. We hope for a successful trial and outcome for this young man. Continue working hard and aiming high Caniggia!

We were able to contact Titi for a short interview.

1. What is your fondest memory at W Connection FC?

Winning our first FA Cup Trophy in 1999 after losing 2 other cup finals.

2. What did you like about the club?

The club gave me the opportunity to play professional football and felt like a family to me. I really did enjoy my time there.

3. Do you still have a relationship with any members (past or present) of W Connection FC?

Yes I am still in constant contact with Coach and Earl. Manager Raymond Mc Lean is also a good friend of mine and I still talk to past players Hippo and Alvin (SLU).

4. Would you ever consider a reunion with the club?

Yes definitely. If ever given the opportunity I would be happy to relive those memories.

5. Was Caniggia always an avid football lover?

He was born with the talent and always loved the game. He also was into athletics but ultimately chose football as his main sport.

6. How do you feel that your son has gotten this opportunity?

Overwhelmed and very proud.

7. Have you spoken to him since and how has his experience been thus far?

Yes I have spoken to him twice. He told me that everything was good for now. He has trained twice with the team and is doing well.

8. What do you hope for him in the future?
I hope that he signs with Arsenal because I am a big Arsenal fan.

Caniggia seen here on the right with coach Stuart Charles Fevrier's son Raynaldo on the left on a night out with W Connection's senior professional team.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:20:09 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ex W Connection & Pro League Standout teenage son on trial with Arsenal FC
« Reply #520 on: February 28, 2014, 07:11:19 AM »
Congrats! Let's hope it goes well. Shame he is choosing Canada over St. Lucia - would be nice for Caribbean football, but definitely understandable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 28, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »
Congrats! Let's hope it goes well. Shame he is choosing Canada over St. Lucia - would be nice for Caribbean football, but definitely understandable.

In the ideal world, yes, he should choose Loosha. But the reality is, he will go further playing for Canada. Look how we criticise TT football structure. You think St. Lucia better than TT. Is like saying, is ashame Rahim Sterling chose England over JA. He will go further, especially financially, with England. And this is coming from someone with very strong Looshan roots.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 28, 2014, 08:10:48 AM »
Nice story. It would be great to see him get through at Arsenal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 28, 2014, 08:32:31 AM »
To bad he was not born in trinidad when his dad was here  >:( >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 28, 2014, 09:08:02 AM »
well for sure his immigration papers might go through if he is signed for Arsenal
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: February 28, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
To bad he was not born in trinidad when his dad was here  >:( >:(

Actually he has two brothers who were born here Saviola & Riquelme (his dad is an avid supporter of Argentina) so who knows we may see a Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU or ManCity trial sometime soon.... ;D

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caniggia Elva with Arsène Wenger

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caniggia Elva with Arsène Wenger

Nice!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2014, 05:14:52 AM »
Former national youth player, Sean Bateau, has signed with Filipino Division 1 club, Stallion FC. Bateau made his debut yesterday in a goalless draw against Kaya FC.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2014, 05:27:20 AM »
Former national youth player, Sean Bateau, has signed with Filipino Division 1 club, Stallion FC. Bateau made his debut yesterday in a goalless draw against Kaya FC.

so all these small leagues does pay more dan de pro league?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:29:18 AM by royal »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:19 AM »

so all these small leagues does pay more dan de pro league?

I believe so. Most of them have lots of local corporate sponsorship and good attendances. I also understand that the matches have good TV ratings.
Since football actively recognised the potential market in the Far East, and clubs like Man U, Liverpool etc visited, the fan base expanded. Basically, in most corners of the world, people love football. They watch Champions League and the big European leagues on TV and get out and support their local teams.
Eventually, we will see these nations become more competitive on the international stage.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2014, 09:24:53 AM »
They definitely do pay more - they pay more than the USA for the same skill level.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How cool is this?

Bolivian president Evo Morales signs for first division side Sport Boys, aged 54

By ELLIOTT BRETLAND 
PUBLISHED: 11:02 GMT, 19 May 2014 | UPDATED: 18:08 GMT, 19 May 2014

With the transfer window set to officially open on July 1, a football club in Bolivia has undoubtedly made the most bizarre signing of the summer.
First division outfit Sport Boys have signed Evo Morales, the Bolivian President, ahead of next season.
The 54-year-old will earn £127 a month and is expected to make his debut for the Santa Cruz-based club in August.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2632661/Bolivia-president-Evo-Morales-signs-division-Sports-Boys-aged-54.html#ixzz32C78y2nq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
(Muslim)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He had take a sweat in George's ground in Barataria during the Summit of the Americas. He's a real peong
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cardiff City sign Guerra
« Reply #534 on: May 21, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »
Cardiff City sign striker Javi Guerra from Real Valladolid
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27506305

Cardiff City have signed striker Javi Guerra on a three-year deal from Real Valladolid.
Guerra, 32, scored 72 goals in 149 appearances during a four-year spell at the Spanish club.
"Hopefully I can keep up the level that I have been playing at in Spain for the last few seasons," he said.
Guerra, who has played in Spain for all of his career until his move to Wales, has completed a medical but will officially join the club on 1 July.
The Bluebirds will be playing in the Championship in the 2014-15 season after being relegated from the Premier League after just one season.
Guerra also suffered relegation last season with his 15 goals in 37 La Liga appearances failing to stop Valladolid dropping into the Segunda División.
"I am very thankful for the warm welcome I have received here at Cardiff City and am very excited for my new challenge in Wales," he added.
"Hopefully I can keep up the level that I have been playing at in Spain for the last few seasons and that it will be a successful time for me in Cardiff, with both the club and the supporters."
He started his career with Barcelona based Espanyol before joining La Liga giants Valencia in 2004 where he developed at the Mestalla's B team.
Guerra has played for Granada, Mallorca, Alaves and Levante before he joined joining Valladolid in 2010 where his goals helped them to the La Liga promotion play-offs in 2011.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 31, 2014, 01:53:26 PM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 18, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
What is waste of buy for Chelsea, Diego Costa is lame, another over price goat.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 19, 2014, 04:33:51 AM »
What is waste of buy for Chelsea, Diego Costa is lame, another over price goat.

I'll judge him by season's end, it could be the unique pressure of Brazil got to him

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazilian Midfielder Kaka soon to join T&T Kevin Molino at Orlando
« Reply #538 on: June 19, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »
Sao Paulo president Carlos Miguel Aidar has told ESPN Brasil it is almost certain Kaka will return to the Brazilian club on loan this summer ahead of his expected MLS switch in 2015.

Sources close to the AC Milan midfielder told ESPN.com.br on Thursday that the 32-year-old has already reached an agreement with Orlando City but, as the club will not play in the MLS until March next year, he is expected to join Sao Paulo in the interim.

ESPN.com.br contacted Aidar for confirmation and he said: "I can't speak, I'm at Itaquera [for Uruguay's World Cup clash with England], but the deal is very close."

The two clubs are said to have a good relationship and, while it appears Orlando City may have to subsidise the Brazilian's wages during his time in Brazil if the loan is to proceed, an agreement between the player and Sao Paulo is in place and the deal now appears inevitable.

He is due to join Sao Paulo until the end of 2014 before linking up with the MLS side.

Earlier this month, Sao Paulo coach Muricy Ramalho told ESPN: "He's a fantastic player, but it's very difficult because the financial aspect counts a lot. Clubs here are in [financial] difficulty and that's weighing us down, but we have seen many times in football that impossible things do actually happen, so maybe that will also happen with Kaka."

Kaka returned to Milan last year after a spell with Real Madrid but, with the Rossoneri failing to qualify for the 2014-15 Champions League, he has the option to terminate his contract and walk away from the Serie A club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilian Midfielder Kaka soon to join T&T Kevin Molino at Orlando
« Reply #539 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01:26 PM »
That would be an experience to play alongside a legend. Kaka please teach him all your tricks.
Take care Molino keep Kaka out de team  ;D

1]; } ?>