March 18, 2024, 10:29:23 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 888386 times)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ARSENAL FORWARD
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:28:33 AM »
Regardless what happens this year will be Arsenal's lowest placing in the League since Wenger took over. Amazing record when you really think about it. Since he came to Arsenal the lowest he finished was second. On another front I hope ManU give Chelsea a run, but Chelsea seems to win even when theynot playing well, too many weapons.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:31:03 PM by Flex »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where the Arsenal Congratulations thread gone!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:40:58 AM »
eh?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where the Arsenal Congratulations thread gone!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »
Moderators must be working on it...because the headline Arsenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!, was so wide dat it ugly up the presentation of the board !!  ;D

Congrats nevertheless.......I knew they would pip spurs....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
Moderators must be working on it...because the headline Arsenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!, was so wide dat it ugly up the presentation of the board !!  ;D

they coulda tell me.  I woulda shorten it.

Sorry mods

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »

they coulda tell me.  I woulda shorten it.

Sorry mods
'

doh quote me on that eh....I was just ketchin' kix on the title....... :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 10:49:45 AM »
It in the thread that Palos start....ah guess he use he powers and combine it under he Boleface heading :devil:

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 10:57:26 AM »
It in the thread that Palos start....ah guess he use he powers and combine it under he Boleface heading :devil:

That makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at  all.  One topic is about Wenger reccommending Theo Walcott to Sven and the next about Arsenal making the Champions' League next season.

Palos.  Make sense nah.  Usually allyuh mods is do the right thing.  But that eh make no sense man.  come on.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ARRRRRSENAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!! A Fitting Finale for Highbury!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 11:35:59 AM »
Arsenal 4-2 Wigan

www.soccernet.com

Thierry Henry provided a fitting finale for Highbury as his hat-trick secured Arsenal a place in the Champions League next season when Wigan were beaten 4-2 in the last match the famous old stadium would host.

ShaunBotterill/GettyImages
Thierry Henry goes to kiss the Highbury turf after scoring his penalty.

Knowing they had to better the result of north London rivals Tottenham, who were at West Ham, to claim fourth spot in the Barclays Premiership, it was a composed display by Arsene Wenger's emerging side against the Latics, who had done their best to spoil the party.

As news of the Hammers' 2-1 win filtered through, the Highbury faithful were able to revel in their team's achievements in what has been a season of transition.

Now, all that remains is the European Cup final showdown with Barcelona in Paris on May 17 and who would bet against Arsenal starting life in their new state-of-the-art Emirates Stadium as European champions in August?

Wigan have enjoyed a superb maiden season in the top flight, their Premiership status secure well before the game.

Paul Jewell had masterminded a famous result here earlier in the campaign to book their place in the Carling Cup final - and the Latics again looked keen.

Arsenal, though, soon found their passing rhythm and were ahead on eight minutes.

Cesc Fabregas sent the ball over from the right, which Gilberto headed down.

Robert Pires' initial shot was well saved by Mike Pollitt, but the Frenchman reacted quickly to stab the loose ball in from close range.

No sooner had the goal celebrations died down, then news of West Ham taking the lead over Spurs reverberated around the ground.

Perhaps those cheers were premature, however, as Wigan snatched an equaliser on 10 minutes.

David Thompson's free-kick from the left went through to Paul Scharner - and the Austrian sidefooted past Jens Lehmann.

Wigan should then have been awarded a penalty on 15 minutes.

Jason Roberts got ahead of Sol Campbell down the right, and burst into the area.

Although the veteran England man tracked back, he clearly chopped down the Wigan striker with a sliding tackle.

Referee Uriah Renee, however, was unimpressed - and booked Wigan defender Matt Jackson for his vehement protests.

At the other end, Fabregas slipped Pires in on the overlap, but this time the French midfielder was off target with an angled drive from 10 yards.

Wigan midfielder David Thompson then silenced Highbury when he smashed in a 35-yard free-kick on 33 minutes.

There seemed little danger when the winger, once on the fringes of the England team, took a long run-up, just to the left of centre.

He got some venom behind the strike - and the flight of the ball completely wrong-footed Lehmann, bouncing in and up past the despairing right-handed dive of the German international.

Normal service was resumed, however, with 10 minutes to go before half-time.

Henry beat the offside trap when he latched on to Pires' pass, and made no mistake when slotting the ball under Pollitt for his 25th Premiership goal of the season.

Thompson had another go with a free-kick from a similar position on 43 minutes, but this time Lehmann collected the ball well at his right-hand post.

It was a positive start to the second half by Wigan, with Roberts laying off a pass to Lee McCulloch from the edge of the area, but he fired over.

Henri Camara then tricked his way into the left side of the six-yard box, and sent an acrobatic scissors-kick just over the bar.

Henry then made it 3-2 on 56 minutes.

A poor choice of pass back towards his own goal from Thompson was latched on to by the French striker and the Arsenal captain duly skipped past Pollitt before rolling the ball into an empty net.

With 27 minutes to go, Pires skipped down the left side of the area, before flicking the ball back from the touchline.

Fabregas sent a darting header goalwards, which was first palmed away by Pollitt from point-blank range and then hacked clear by Jackson.

No sooner had Freddie Ljungberg come on, for Pires in the final 20 minutes, then he won a penalty after being tugged back by Andreas Johansson - who was promptly sent off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity just moments after having been introduced as a substitute himself.

Henry sent Pollitt the wrong way - and dropped to his knees in homage to the North Bank faithful in what some suggest could be the Frenchman's final Premiership match in Arsenal colours.

Veteran Dennis Bergkamp was given a hero's welcome when he came on for Reyes with 12 minutes left, just as news of West Ham's winning goal from Yossi Benayoun filtered through - and the celebrations could then begin. 

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 11:51:12 AM »
abracadabra..........and it is baaaaaaaaaack  ;D
Palos you must be working over time since Flex and Tallman have free paper

Is I who put it back... and guess what the Taliban Palos gone and move it again!  hahahahahahha  :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 11:55:52 AM »
Allyuh movin like RF.  I eh touch nutting oddah dan to say "anyone ever had any doubt".

Nex time alyuh talkin allyuh talk....get some facts first.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Arsenal's Dein voted off FA board...Finally!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 01:58:14 PM »
Arsenal's Dein voted off FA board

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5042352.stm

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has been voted off the Football Association board by the Premier League. Dein was voted out of office as one of the Premier League's four representatives in favour of Manchester United chief executive David Gill.

Gill said: "I am looking forward to working with my fellow board members."

Dein, who will continue to sit on the FA Council, has been criticised for his role in finding Sven-Goran Eriksson's successor as England coach.

Dein's removal also comes a day after it was revealed Arsenal could face an FA probe into payments made to Belgian club Beveren.

The Arsenal vice-chairman has established himself as one of the most important figures in the domestic game.

He was co-opted on to the selection panel to find a successor to Sven-Goran Eriksson, with Dein thought to be a prime mover in pushing the cause of Portugal's Brazilian coach Scolari.

Scolari rejected the FA's offer, prompting criticism from Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson.

Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren's appointment to succeed Eriksson prompted Gibson to questioned why Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had not been pursued more vigourously.

That in turn forced the FA to respond that Wenger stated categorically he did not want the job when approached by FA chief executive Brian Barwick.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho also claimed Dein's FA ties provided an unbalanced fixture list, with Arsenal having five Premiership games at home immediately following Champions League trips, while Chelsea played five away.

Gill, 48, is as influential at Old Trafford as Dein is at Arsena.

As a vice-chairman of the elite G14 group and an FA council member, Gill has extensive experience of football administration beyond Old Trafford.

Gill will now work with the Premier League's other representatives; Dave Richards, Phil Gartside and Robert Coar, in promoting the league's interests on the FA board.

However, Dein will sit alongside Richards, Gartside and Gill on the less influential FA Council.

...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal's Dein voted off FA board...Finally!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 02:00:28 PM »
Enuff bold-faced weiling and dealing to help out Arsenal with EPLfixtures and home games after CL games etc.. Haul yuh ass Dein. No more help for dem.. :devil: :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:01:59 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
AZ Alkmaar vs Arsenal
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 05:48:38 PM »
AZ Alkmaar 0-3 Arsenal
Arsenal warmed up for Tuesday's Champions League qualifier against Dinamo Zagreb with a convincing friendly win over AZ Alkmaar.

Gilberto put the visitors ahead on 34 minutes with a back-post header from Jose Antonio Reyes' free-kick.

Reyes was also involved in the second goal just after the break when his pass led to Emmanuel Adebayor slotting home after Gilberto's shot was parried.

Robin van Persie added the third from the penalty spot on 74 minutes.

Arsenal take on Zagreb in the first-leg clash in Croatia on Tuesday night.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Candid Cole lost faith over Arsenal love of Henry
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 09:14:48 AM »
strikers is always get more love from the fans.

September 11, 2006

LONDON (AFP) - England full-back Ashley Cole has admitted that Arsenal's love for star striker Thierry Henry contributed to his decision to leave the club for Premiership champions Chelsea.

Cole said that while the club and its fans did everything to make sure Henry stayed at Highbury, he felt like the "invisible man".

The 25-year-old left-back also revealed how he 'haggled' over 5,000 pounds (9,300 dollars) after Arsenal had dropped from their original weekly salary offer, and had his loyalty questioned by the club's backroom staff.

However, in an extract from his book serialised in The Times, the difference in how he was treated compared to Henry appeared to be one of the main reasons for him to seek a transfer.

"The club made Thierry feel wanted and special, wooing him, wining and dining him, speaking in public about how much they want him to stay, going on a deliberate charm offensive," said Cole.

"But me? I didn't have one dinner, one meeting or one phone call from anyone. That's not sour grapes, it's just a sad truth. The truth is that the Gunners had done nothing all season to hold on to me."

He added: "My worst fears were confirmed when, as Thierry and I sat in the centre circle after the final whistle, his name was sung from the rooftops while my contribution was recognised by a deafening silence.

"As his chants faded away we waited for mine. And we waited. And there was nothing. 'They're not bothered about me', I said, resigned to the fact. It was like I was the invisible man."

Cole was offered a new 60,000 pounds (112,000 dollars) a week deal in 2004 but when negotiations opened, the figure had dropped by 5,000 pounds, with the defender adding: "At a board meeting held two days before our 1-0 away defeat at Bolton in January, it was decided the maximum offer should be 55,000 pounds a week.

"I don't believe the board gave a damn about keeping me. It preferred to haggle over a difference of 5,000."

Cole's relationship with the club deteriorated to the point of fitness coach Tony Colbert questioned whether he was telling the truth about a thigh injury.

He added: "That's when he said it, 'what do you expect me to do, Ash, when you tell me you're okay and then come in here like you've just been shot? Be honest with me, are you just making out that it's worse than it actually is because you've got an eye on the World Cup?'

"That was it. I blew my lid. 'What!' I shouted, barely able to keep a lid on it, 'I need to play for Arsenal to go to the World Cup, so why would I hold back? The more I hold back, the less chance I've got of going to Germany! And you are insulting me'.

"For me it was one more person at the club doubting my loyalty. And it was the final straw."

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
M Fabregas re-signs with Arsenal
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 03:06:29 PM »
M Fabregas re-signs with Arsenal

October 19, 2006
LONDON (Ticker) - Cesc Fabregas has signed his new eight-year contract with Arsenal.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger revealed last month the 19-year-old Spain midfielder was set to agree to a new deal to keep him at the north London club until 2014.

Fabregas, who joined Arsenal from Barcelona three years ago, had been linked with a move to Real Madrid but had stated his intention to stay at the Emirates Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I am so happy here and I am delighted to have signed this new contract that will keep me at the club for years to come," Fabregas told the club's official web site. "I wanted to pay back the club, especially Arsene Wenger, for the support and faith he has shown in me.

"What is important now is for the team to realize its potential and win trophies. That is our main aim, that is my aim as well."

Fabregas' agent, Joseba Diaz, had earlier told Spanish web site sport.es that the midfielder had put pen to paper.

"It is a fabulous contract for the player and also for the club," Diaz said. "Cesc feels very happy with how much Arsenal value him and in the knowledge that Arsenal are going to build their future around him."

Updated on Thursday, Oct

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ARSENAL vs porto
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 11:50:02 PM »
Well we will be going for a point without Henry and Rosicky... but the Gunners know how to turn up the heat when it counts..... ;D ;D ;D

Go Gunners

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal go Top!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 06:58:15 AM »
Arsenal go top as Boca are humbled
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/football/03/05/argentina.boca/

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -- Boca Juniors suffered a shock 3-0 home defeat by San Lorenzo in the Argentine Clausura championship and their great rivals River Plate lost 2-1 to modest Argentinos Juniors on Sunday.

Humble Arsenal took full advantage by beating Velez Sarsfield 3-1 to go top with maximum points from their four games.

San Lorenzo, thumped 7-1 at home by Boca Juniors in their last meeting, stunned the Bombonera stadium when Diego Rivero broke down the right and crossed for Ezequiel Lavezzi to head in a goal after 23 minutes.

Boca playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme, who had an otherwise quiet game, hit the crossbar with a free kick before half-time but his side were in more trouble when Clemente Rodriguez was sent off four minutes into the second half.

Gaston Fernandez fired the second in the 66th minute and Andres Silvera rifled in the third from 12 metres five minutes later.

"The way we played was marvelous," San Lorenzo coach Ramon Diaz told reporters.

San Lorenzo, with 10 points from four games, moved up to second and Boca, with seven points, dropped to seventh.

River, who went into their match with three wins in three games, looked set to maintain their record when Marco Ruben fired through the legs of goalkeeper Marcelo Pontiroli in the 18th minute.

But Sebastian Carrera headed Argentinos level eight minutes later and Gabriel Hauche fired the winner eight minutes into the second half after the River defense failed to clear.
Floodlight failure

Shortly afterwards, play was delayed for nearly half an hour by a floodlight failure.

Second-half goals from Lucas Valdemarin and Carlos Castiglione gave Arsenal victory over Velez. The teams were level at halftime after Pablo Sebastian Garnier gave Arsenal an early lead and Mariano Uglessich levelled three minutes before the break.

Champions Estudiantes won 2-1 at Belgrano as 36-year-old Jose Luis Calderon scored a stoppage-time winner.

Pablo Piatti, 17, had given Estudiantes a first-half lead and Matias Oyola equalized in the 56th minute.

Jorge Burruchaga's Independiente continued their unhappy run as they lost 2-1 at Banfield despite taking a 34th-minute lead through Juan Eluchans.

Banfield's Javier Villareal and Carlos Salvatierra scored in the last 15 minutes to leave Independiente 19th with one point.

Independiente's arch-rivals Racing Club also remained winless after losing 1-0 at home to Newell's Old Boys.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
This goes out to all bandwagonistas out there in trinbago!

when arsenal win things next season doh play yuh wasn't crying us down during summer!

allez! allez! wenger!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:56:51 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:39:37 AM »
you register on this forum and your first post is to say arsenal going to win epl.   :rotfl:

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 08:42:45 AM »

when arsenal win things next season doh play yuh wasn't crying us down during summer!

allez! allez! wenger!

Let me make sure and quote this post, because I am sure we will return to this thread many times during the season after another gunner loss,and i dont want nobody editing the words they will then have to swallow.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »
Arsenal= coaching school football; pretty football, with good technical showcasing, but no venom ;D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »
Arsenal= coaching school football; pretty football, with good technical showcasing, but no venom ;D

i feel this year we will see a different arsenal bredda.   i not promising...but i have a good feeling

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
At the end of the day...

Arsenal need a proven goalscorer who could score 20+ a season

The supporting striker have to score 12+

and the midfield have to chip in with about 10 goals from the 4-5 men running the show.

All big teams with any sort of title ambition have the above.

I still find we need a good goalkeeper and a good central defensive midfielder with steel to cover Gilberto Silva.

We have the pretty beat and flick men.

Adebayor have to learn the art of scoring goals and Van persie have a real task ahead of him.

We need to buy a Big fwd and a Big defensive midfielder.

But once Wenger is there...we have plenty hope.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »

i feel this year we will see a different arsenal bredda.   i not promising...but i have a good feeling

I agree; it will be a worse Arsenal  :devil:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 10:20:44 AM »

allez! allez! wenger!
What a great first post!  :devil:

"when Arsenal win things next season..."

Arsenal ladies, perhaps?

Welcome.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 10:21:40 AM »
leh we see what wenger could do with this bunch + he veterans.

Ins: Bacary Sagna (Auxerre, undisclosed), Lukasz Fabianski (Legia Warsaw, £2m), Eduardo da Silva (Dinamo Zagreb, undisclosed), Havard Nordtveit (FK Haugesund, undisclosed).

Outs: Jeremie Aliadiere (Middlesbrough, £2m), Fabrice Muamba (Birmingham, undisclosed), Mart Poom (Watford, free), Arturo Lupoli (Fiorentina, free), Thierry Henry (Barcelona £16.1m).

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »

allez! allez! wenger!

another hater to be added to my list  :devil:, you really feel arsenal can compete with d man utd next season lol  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 10:32:12 AM »
At the end of the day...
I still find we need a good goalkeeper and a good central defensive midfielder with steel to cover Gilberto Silva.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=361046
7/23/2007 5:01 PM
Appiah Linked To Arsenal Move
Ghanaian midfielder Stephen Appiah who looks set to leave Turkish club Fenerbahce has been linked with a move to Arsenal.

The inspirational midfielder has spent two seasons in Turkey after moving from Italian side Juventus and had made it clear that he is looking forward to move to England's Premiership this summer.

English Premiership club West Ham United are believed to have led the chase for Appiah but latest reports have now linked the 26-year-old to the Gunners.

The player himself showed interest in the West Ham deal and had told The Sun: “I am very angry about stories saying I want to stay at Fenerbahce indefinitely.

"West Ham have expressed strong interest in me and I think Fenerbahce will have to listen to their offer.

"It is my ambition to play in the Premier League.”

Arsenal are now tipped to win a race with both West Ham and German club Schalke for the Ghanaian.

A friend of the player is quoted in the News of the World as saying: “Arsenal are aware they will have to pay £6million - £8million for Stephen. That price was talked about last January with Arsenal and it really won’t be an issue.”

Appiah will bring back some steel to that defensive midfiled since losing Viera.
btw Lundberg to Westham.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:42:33 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »
leh we see what wenger could do with this bunch + he veterans.

Ins: Bacary Sagna (Auxerre, undisclosed), Lukasz Fabianski (Legia Warsaw, £2m), Eduardo da Silva (Dinamo Zagreb, undisclosed), Havard Nordtveit (FK Haugesund, undisclosed).

Outs: Jeremie Aliadiere (Middlesbrough, £2m), Fabrice Muamba (Birmingham, undisclosed), Mart Poom (Watford, free), Arturo Lupoli (Fiorentina, free), Thierry Henry (Barcelona £16.1m).

doh forget Ljungberg jus leave to......

gunners will be lucky IF dey finish in de top 5.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 12:31:42 PM »
At the end of the day...

Arsenal need a proven goalscorer who could score 20+ a season

The supporting striker have to score 12+

and the midfield have to chip in with about 10 goals from the 4-5 men running the show.

All big teams with any sort of title ambition have the above.

We have the pretty beat and flick men.

Adebayor have to learn the art of scoring goals and Van persie have a real task ahead of him.

We need to buy a Big fwd and a Big defensive midfielder.

But once Wenger is there...we have plenty hope.

Plenty men memory short.  They forget that Arsenal youth team reach the League Cup final without the help of senior team players.

Touches, Diaby providing that steel that we lost when Viera left.

Van Persie is going to have a monster season.

Denilson (the U-23 Brazilian center midfielder) played well last year and will step up.

Hleb is now fully acclimatised to the English league so look for big things from him too.

Has Rosicky even started to show what he can do?  Watch this space.

Wenger signed the Polish keeper Lucasz Fabianski.  If anyone knows talent it is Arsegne.  Lehmann has one more good year left in him. 

With all that being said.....

We need a central defender in the worst way.  THAT is what I am concerned about.

Arsenal will challenge for honors this season as always.  Look for a top 3 league finish.

1]; } ?>