April 29, 2024, 01:10:07 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901272 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1080 on: November 30, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »
Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has taunted Premier League rivals Arsenal by claiming their fancy football means nothing without medals to show for it.

The Gunners have failed to win a trophy since claiming the 2005 FA Cup, despite being widely regarded as one of the best footballing sides in the country.

Arsene Wenger's men are also in danger of being written out of this season's title race should they fail to gain a positive result from a tricky trip to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

With that in mind, England international Cole has taken a swipe at Arsenal's silverware-winning credentials by claiming that he would never want to play for a club who were not consistently challenging for honours.
Nutmeg

"In fairness to Arsenal, they are playing nice football but look at the past four years and who's won the trophies?" he told the News of the World.

"They are fantastic to watch but I wouldn't want to be playing for a team that didn't win anything. Winning trophies is what counts.

"You are not going to be sitting on the beach in the summer at the end of the season speaking about that Cruyff turn you did back in December, or that nutmeg you did in January, are you?

"What's the point in that? You want to be thinking about winning trophies. That's what it's all about. We want to put some silverware on the table this year. And that's what we intend to do."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4570878,00.html

i love Arsenal but Joe Cole said it best

Cole only flapping he gums. Cole left  Arsenal the same year they won the FA Cup and went to the CL Final, Arsenal had also won the league the year before. Cole left for $$$$ nothing more and he should be man enough to say so. At least Flamini had the balls to say he was leaving for money. Nothing wrong with that.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 30, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »
Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has taunted Premier League rivals Arsenal by claiming their fancy football means nothing without medals to show for it.

The Gunners have failed to win a trophy since claiming the 2005 FA Cup, despite being widely regarded as one of the best footballing sides in the country.

Arsene Wenger's men are also in danger of being written out of this season's title race should they fail to gain a positive result from a tricky trip to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

With that in mind, England international Cole has taken a swipe at Arsenal's silverware-winning credentials by claiming that he would never want to play for a club who were not consistently challenging for honours.
Nutmeg

"In fairness to Arsenal, they are playing nice football but look at the past four years and who's won the trophies?" he told the News of the World.

"They are fantastic to watch but I wouldn't want to be playing for a team that didn't win anything. Winning trophies is what counts.

"You are not going to be sitting on the beach in the summer at the end of the season speaking about that Cruyff turn you did back in December, or that nutmeg you did in January, are you?

"What's the point in that? You want to be thinking about winning trophies. That's what it's all about. We want to put some silverware on the table this year. And that's what we intend to do."

Cole only flapping he gums. Cole left  Arsenal the same year they won the FA Cup and went to the CL Final, Arsenal had also won the league the year before. Cole left for $$$$ nothing more and he should be man enough to say so. At least Flamini had the balls to say he was leaving for money. Nothing wrong with that.

Is Ashley that left Ass n' all, Observer, not Joe.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 30, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »

Nutmeg

Yes yes very true, stand corrected and thank you for it
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 30, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »

Nutmeg

Yes yes very true, stand corrected and thank you for it

Yeah, no scene, but yuh could roll back dong yuh sleeves and button back yuh collar now.........and tighten back yuh tie!  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 30, 2008, 12:04:44 PM »
 :-*

sweetness

but i said it earlier

we gonna beat up the top four and loose to everyone else we playing like the Bolton of old

who next?

carling cup: away to burnley

premier: home to wigan

champs: away to porto

premier: away to boro

premier: home to liverpool

premier: away to villa (revenge)

premier: home to portsmouth

i love football

i love the premier league

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 30, 2008, 12:05:21 PM »
oh omar where art thou?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 30, 2008, 12:13:17 PM »
oh omar where art thou?

I right here.

Study Wigan might cut allyuh ass next week.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 30, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »
oh omar where art thou?

I right here.

u wish

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 30, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »
oh omar where art thou?

I right here.

:rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 30, 2008, 12:29:13 PM »
oh omar where art thou?

I right here.

:rotfl:

fuh real eh like yuh didnt read meh arsenal is the new bolton giant killers reply or what?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 30, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »
^ nah, i really laughing at omar for trying hard to deflect his teams loss today
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 30, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
Allyuh ready for allyuh cutass tomorrow?

how yuh like them APPLES! :rotfl:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 01, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »
Mikael Silvestre, Carlos Vela and Nicklas Bendtner are all likely to start for Arsenal at Burnley on Tuesday in the Carling Cup Quarter-Finals.

Arsène Wenger has said he intends to play a young side through this competition this season but, as ever, will utilise the bench from the previous Premier League game at Turf Moor. That means these three internationals will be involved.

However, overall it will be another young Arsenal side on display in Lancashire and a couple of injuries against Chelsea have given the Frenchman less room for manoeuvre.

Johan Djourou (hip), Manuel Almunia (head) and William Gallas (calf) all left Stamford Bridge with knocks. The last of those is the most serious and even that was described by Wenger as “light” but, as a result, he’ll be taking no risks.

“It will be the usual team for us,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Monday. “But then with all the players we have out it may be even younger than before.

“The players who were on the bench at Chelsea will be involved but those who started will not.

“That means Silvestre will play and so will Fabianski of course. We have some other first-team players [that] will play too – Vela and Bendtner.

“But we cannot play Djourou for example, he was injured at Chelsea. Gallas as well has a little calf problem. Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are not back so they will not be involved.”

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 02, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
we just don't like to fight to win, how sad

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 02, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »

I right here.

Study Wigan Burnley might cut allyuh ass next week.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 02, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

I right here.

I wonder who cut allyuh ass in the last round. At least we play our reserves ....
And who cut allyuh ass on Sunday?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 05, 2008, 07:02:04 AM »

I right here.

I wonder who cut allyuh ass in the last round. At least we play our reserves ....

dat was licks was like what flyingsquad used to dish out hahaha

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 05, 2008, 07:33:23 AM »

I right here.

plenty people does say that the flying squad was corrupted.
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 05, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »

I right here.

plenty people does say that the flying squad was corrupted.

eh? what does the integrity of the squad have to do with the amount of licks they shared????

anyway back to point wigan tomorrow Zaki hatrick?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
i fraid this blasted Zaki :-[

i feeling sorry for eboue. he own fans boo him outta he game

tuff luck he could go sunderland
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:51:22 AM by morvant »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 06, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
Wasn't great but 3 points. And they still managed to hit the post twice.

Disgusted with the "fans" treatment of Eboue though. 9 games out through injury, a RB is asked to play LW cause Nasri gets cut down. He did okay until the last few minutes. One mistake, fans get on his back, an then downhill from there. No player should be booed off when subbed. People forget that he is a very good RB being played out of position by Wenger.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 06, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »
Wasn't great but 3 points. And they still managed to hit the post twice.

Disgusted with the "fans" treatment of Eboue though. 9 games out through injury, a RB is asked to play LW cause Nasri gets cut down. He did okay until the last few minutes. One mistake, fans get on his back, an then downhill from there. No player should be booed off when subbed. People forget that he is a very good RB being played out of position by Wenger.

as much as we bad talk him he's had a few shining moments but his gaffes have cost us in the past, i do feel bad though no matter how much we doh like him applaud the man getting subbed not booing him at HOME that is shit! i think he was even close to tears

how the fans expect the side to deliver trophies when they not ready to back us in low times i am sickened that they booed him

i don't think he is good enough but god he tries hard, some times a lil too hard.

early reports on bbc were that wigan were unlucky to have lost i say boo to that, we won we took our chance when it popped up, we hit the post twice, wigan hit nothing, thats how the game goes. glad both sides were at it wigan fough hard but it doesnt mean they deserved a draw or win

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 07, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »

Eduardo is set to return to competitive football for Arsenal Reserves on December 16.

The Croatian striker has been sidelined since breaking his leg at Birmingham on February 23. It has been a long, hard journey but the 25-year-old has made good progress and his comeback is close.

“I believe we might see him for the first time in the Reserves on December 16 against Portsmouth,” said Arsène Wenger ahead of the game against Wigan. “After that we will just go from there but he looks very good and very sharp in training.”

soon enough, just in time for the january home stretch

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 08, 2008, 08:51:07 AM »
Arsène Wenger believes Emmanuel Eboue will come back stronger after suffering at the hands of some Arsenal supporters on Saturday.

The Ivorian midfielder replaced Samir Nasri early on but was substituted himself late in the game after making a couple of important mistakes. Those errors drew criticism from the crowd and his eventual withdrawal was cheered by some in the stands.

Wenger was deeply disappointed with that reaction and, afterwards, backed Eboue to bounce back.

“I will sit down and talk to him,” said the manager. “But I believe it could make him stronger and more determined to show how good he is.

"Manu is really loved inside the team and he is a good boy. But you can see that when he lost confidence it was very difficult for him.

Kolo Toure was surprised at the reaction of certain sections of the Arsenal crowd to Emmanuel Eboue’s substitution on Saturday.

The midfielder, a 32nd-minute replacement for Samir Nasri, made a couple of mistakes late in a tight, tense game against Wigan on Saturday and, as a result, was brought off for Mikael Silvestre. Some supporters cheered Arsène Wenger’s decision but Toure felt that was uncalled for, unusual and unfair.

“Eboue had an injury for six weeks and this was his first game,” said the centre back.

“We had some injuries and that is why the boss put him on and he played well.

“At the end he had a difficult time but we need to give him credit because he was not 100 per cent however he had to play because of our injuries and he did well.

“The fans gave him a hard time and that is unusual at Arsenal. I was surprised because normally our fans are [always] nice. I think the tension was really high and that is why they were hard. In the end we had three points and that is good. He will have a chat with the boss and I think he will come back.

“We need him and he is a strong boy. I’ll call him, he will also have a chat with the manager on Monday and then he will be fine.

“I just want to tell the fans that he is a great lad, he loves the Club and wants to do his best for the Club. Sometimes, when you come back from a six-week injury you cannot give 200 per cent. We hope that next time they will help him to come back. That is the only way to behave.”

“There were five or six minutes to go and he couldn't keep the ball. It's partly explained by the fact he was playing on the left of midfield but then he played very well there when we beat Blackburn 4-1. Still when you lose confidence, it's not the best position for him.

“There were two aspects in the game. The crowd were behind the team when we suffered but, towards the end, they were so nervous as well. They expressed that and took Eboue as a target.

"You want your fans to be behind the team but we also have to focus on the quality of our performance and accept the verdict of the crowd. But I say again, apart from the very disappointing stuff with Eboue, they were behind the team for the most part.”

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: December 10, 2008, 05:22:52 PM »
arsenal second string toots against porto today

2-0 to porto

boro next

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 14, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »
arsenal lame tired performance against boro

they playing like a couple who fighting but trying to keep up appearances

villas brand has got them above arsenal

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 15, 2008, 05:46:46 AM »
a week to rest then face liverpool on saturday this one is a tough call, i hate doing chelsea favours but we need to overhaul the top four and that includes villa

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 15, 2008, 05:54:34 AM »
a draw will do finely
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: December 15, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
only to put chelsea first, does nothing for you guys

plus watch out villa on fire now

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior