April 29, 2024, 12:50:00 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901254 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1260 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »
can you imagine an arsenal side like this?

almunia

sagna toure gallas clichy

nasri  arshavin cesc wallcott

eduardo vanpersie

i can imagine a side like that getting level blows..

who defending in that midfield ???

better yet, the tallest player is what 5'9?

your point? best plyers are over 6ft?

so bench messi
rooney
giggs
pele
platini
maradonna
shall i go on?

giggsy11

« Reply #1261 on: February 27, 2009, 06:33:52 AM »

almunia

eduardo vanpersie

so bench messi
rooney
giggs
pele
platini
maradonna
shall i go on?

My point is your side is a bunch of midgets and one demensional palyers. Look it is easy tuh pick on your side because all yuh is shite! One of these days doh all yuh will come good again. In Arsene9 we trust!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 27, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »
game going decent, i takin it in on espn 360 (what luck! no meeting today and i discovered 360...all i need is for it to start raining beer ;D)   arsenal is lookin fairly good, bendtner is a goat but we all know why he is starting, nasri and rvp are key to our progress.   

please tell me...i still trying to figure Wenger out

He is starting because Eduardo and Adebayor are injured. Simple as that.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 27, 2009, 07:58:56 AM »
I'd go with

Almunia
Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy
Arshavin Denilson Fabregas Nasri
Ade RVP

Bench: Fabianski, Djourou, Diaby, Rosicky, Theo, Eduardo, Vela

Just because Diaby looks like Viera doesn't mean he's a defensive midfielder. Watch the Roma game.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 27, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »
I think its better, at least for Arsenal, to have a box-to-box midfielder (like Flamini was) instead of a slow defensive midfielder. At the begining of the season it looked like Cesc was working on that part of his game, not just attacking but he was running the whole field and trying to dictate play from deep. His attacking game suffered though, but we'll see when he comes back.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08:57 AM »

almunia

eduardo vanpersie

I don't mind if the midfield is short players, as long as they can create and break up play on the ground. Its the defenders job to deal with crosses. Is really the defenders job to defend anyway.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 27, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »
Diaby is fit for the weekend

Almunia
Sanga Toure Gallas Clichy
Arshavin Diaby Denilson Nasri
RVP Bendtner?

Theo, Ade and Eduardo should be fit for Roma away

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 27, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

almunia

eduardo vanpersie

so bench messi
rooney
giggs
pele
platini
maradonna
shall i go on?

My point is your side is a bunch of midgets and one demensional palyers. Look it is easy tuh pick on your side because all yuh is shite! One of these days doh all yuh will come good again. In Arsene9 we trust!

yeah d shit side handle allyuh in the emirates

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 27, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »

Almunia
RVP Bendtner?

yeah thats a decent squad dey.   let's hope bendtner walks the walk (lord knows he talks the talk) and let's hope the diaby who played against roma shows up as well, the lad is good but he needs to start being more consistent.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

Almunia
RVP Bendtner?

yeah thats a decent squad dey.   let's hope bendtner walks the walk (lord knows he talks the talk) and let's hope the diaby who played against roma shows up as well, the lad is good but he needs to start being more consistent.

To be fair to Bendtner, he came out right away and denied those comments. They were taken out of context, and mis-translated out of a long interview in Danish. It's silly reporting from people like soccernet who continue to attribute those comments to him, even during their text commentary of the Roma game, after he denied the comments.

giggsy11

« Reply #1270 on: February 27, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

almunia

eduardo vanpersie

so bench messi
rooney
giggs
pele
platini
maradonna
shall i go on?

yeah d shit side handle allyuh in the emirates

Yes you did.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 28, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »
wait
who de hell does FFC feel they are to be playin so well against Arseanal ;D

Go Zamora :devil:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:27:34 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 28, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
how allyuh men could back dis side boy?

they could be leading by about 2 now if they would just frigging SHOOT DE GOVERNMENT BALL!!! :frustrated:

i does wonder if wenger does coach them men not to shoot.. steups

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 28, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »
UEFA CUP next season.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 28, 2009, 07:15:49 PM »
arsenal forever huh?

last weekend, no mention of the draw by the fans. Same thing again this week.

check back.......men just skip over the weekend to the CL. So what allyuh gone skip to now?  :devil:

arsenal forever!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: March 01, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »
das ok it have plenty teams that willing to sell thier souls to be in our position

so ride out with yuh fas self

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 03, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »
arsenal leadin wba 3-1 in de 53rd.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 03, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »
finally and of course frigging bendtner

arshavin coming too close to scoring needs to burry them

and its official fact, Arsenal has hit the woodwork more times than any prem team this season

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 03, 2009, 11:08:03 PM »

and its official fact, Arsenal has hit the woodwork more times than any prem team this season

.......no hard feelings GS, but yuh really saying this to say what? Because it's also official that Chelsea have hit the back of the net more times than any prem team this season.........neither team is where they want to be in the EPL standings........ 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 04, 2009, 11:32:57 AM »

Arshavin is not up to pace yet, but is showing what he can do. He last played for Zenit in November so he's not 100% yet. But he should be playing 90 in the FA on Sunday, cause he won't be available for Roma.
Lets see if Theo, Ade and Eduardo are ready by this weekend.
Fab4 and Ro-sickly in 3 weeks.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 04, 2009, 11:40:56 AM »

Arshavin is not up to pace yet, but is showing what he can do. He last played for Zenit in November so he's not 100% yet. But he should be playing 90 in the FA on Sunday, cause he won't be available for Roma.
Lets see if Theo, Ade and Eduardo are ready by this weekend.
Fab4 and Ro-sickly in 3 weeks.

Yeah he admitted to the press that he's not fit... But he has a good football brain and very good touch on the ball, so he's able to get by on 70%. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 04, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
Wenger lowers sights to fourth place
By Soccernet staff

::) ::) ::) ::)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has set his sights on catching Aston Villa in the race for a Champions League place after conceding that fourth place could be the best the Gunners can hope for this season.

Arsenal ended a four-game run without a league goal with a 3-1 win at West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night to reduce the gap to Villa to three points but their recent failings in front of goal have put pay to any lingering hopes of a title challenge.

Wenger said: "It's a strange situation. We created as many chances against West Brom as we have done in many games. We are on a long unbeaten run since the beginning of November.

"I still believe that in the few draws we had, if we'd taken those chances, we would still be in the title race.

"But now we want to focus on reducing the gap to Aston Villa and other teams and try to win our games."

But even if Arsenal don't manage to finish in fourth place Villa boss Martin O'Neill still fears the Gunners might steal his club's Champions League place by winning Europe's most prestigious competition.

According to UEFA rules, were Arsenal to win the Champions League this season they would be given automatic entry next year, even if Villa replaced them inside the top four.

"My own view, and I might be speaking against myself, is that if you won the Champions League, I believe you have the right to go and defend it the next year," O'Neill said.

"Arsenal are capable of winning the competition, the way they are going to get their players back in the next week or so. If it was a clear, definitive rule at the start of the season then I'll abide by it."

O'Neill will be doing all he can to chase down third placed Liverpool, who are six points ahead but have played one more Premier league match, despite facing "an exceptionally difficult run in" to the end of the season.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 04, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »
Wenger lowers sights to fourth place
By Soccernet staff

::) ::) ::) ::)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has set his sights on catching Aston Villa in the race for a Champions League place after conceding that fourth place could be the best the Gunners can hope for this season.

Arsenal ended a four-game run without a league goal with a 3-1 win at West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night to reduce the gap to Villa to three points but their recent failings in front of goal have put pay to any lingering hopes of a title challenge.

Wenger said: "It's a strange situation. We created as many chances against West Brom as we have done in many games. We are on a long unbeaten run since the beginning of November.

"I still believe that in the few draws we had, if we'd taken those chances, we would still be in the title race.

"But now we want to focus on reducing the gap to Aston Villa and other teams and try to win our games."

But even if Arsenal don't manage to finish in fourth place Villa boss Martin O'Neill still fears the Gunners might steal his club's Champions League place by winning Europe's most prestigious competition.

According to UEFA rules, were Arsenal to win the Champions League this season they would be given automatic entry next year, even if Villa replaced them inside the top four.

"My own view, and I might be speaking against myself, is that if you won the Champions League, I believe you have the right to go and defend it the next year," O'Neill said.

"Arsenal are capable of winning the competition, the way they are going to get their players back in the next week or so. If it was a clear, definitive rule at the start of the season then I'll abide by it."

O'Neill will be doing all he can to chase down third placed Liverpool, who are six points ahead but have played one more Premier league match, despite facing "an exceptionally difficult run in" to the end of the season.

You know, I read this article and still can't figure out where he said he lowers his sights to 4th place.

I put his quotes in bold in case anyone can help

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 04, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »

.......no hard feelings GS, but yuh really saying this to say what? Because it's also official that Chelsea have hit the back of the net more times than any prem team this season.........neither team is where they want to be in the EPL standings........ 

nope apples for apples so add another apple to my statement, in leaking goals, i am sure chelsea have allowed more goals than manu, a decent percentage of manu's 3 points came from on enil games and thats all that matters no sense scoring 3 and 5 and 7 if most of yuh games were nil nil draws

its support arguement against those who say arsenal aren't shooting enough i think the real problem is were not clinical enough to take the chances we have made

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 04, 2009, 04:33:55 PM »

nope apples for apples so add another apple to my statement, in leaking goals, i am sure chelsea have allowed more goals than manu, a decent percentage of manu's 3 points came from on enil games and thats all that matters no sense scoring 3 and 5 and 7 if most of yuh games were nil nil draws

its support arguement against those who say arsenal aren't shooting enough i think the real problem is were not clinical enough to take the chances we have made

Yes, Chelsea have conceded more gaols than manu, but not very many.  considering their long streak of not conceding any, Chelsea's defence ain't exactly doing to bad eithr.  I was only trying to understand exactly what the point was that you were trying to make.  Now I do.  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 05, 2009, 02:22:22 AM »
cheers :beermug:

up next burnley hope wehandle them too

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 05, 2009, 07:27:21 AM »
cheers :beermug:

up next burnley hope wehandle them too

Burnley and Roma in 3 days ... I see Theo, Ade, Eduardo getting a run out ahead of the trip to Roma.
Not sure if Gallas or Toure is back yet.
I wouldn't be suprised to see some of Merida/Ramsey/Song/Vela ... even Gibbs and Eboue to give Clichy and Sagna a rest.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 07, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »
kinda nervous about the game

thank god the games is being shown on FSC

i was beginning to freak out

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 08, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »
Hecho en Mexico ;D
Carlos Vela

"1357: GOAL Arsenal 1-0 Burnley
Chris Eagles' control lets him down just beyond the halfway line and Andrey Arshavin plays in Carlos Vela. The Mexican whizzkid drops his shoulder to beat Clarke Carlisle and despite having his shirt pulled by the chasing defender, he races into the penalty area and lifts the ball over keeper Brian Jensen. Fabulous finish. "
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:06:36 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 08, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
VELA!!

sweet pass by arshavin, vela nutmegs one defender, rushes goal wards reaches the top of the box with two defenders and keeper hounding

what does the mexican do? cool as you like chips the keeper, that one is going on a dvd.

TnT have to watch out for this mexican come qualifiers

1]; } ?>