April 29, 2024, 09:42:37 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901863 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1920 on: September 22, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »
It have to be demoralizing for hardback men to be playing the Arsenal kids and be getting licks.

And while it is good for the youngsters to get real matches in against serious opposition, If i was on the other side, I would look at it like Arsene saying "allyuh is $@#%ithongs".

I had a man tell me that in a lil fetematch indoor league, he like, "why allyuh does come for licks so, and then get vex? allyuh so bad!" I had to explain to him. 1. We come for the lime and the beer. 2. I ent come to get kick up by the likes of you, who will proudly display a trophy from this $%@# league we in, like yuh do something!

um.. went off on a rant there, didn't I?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 22, 2009, 03:01:49 PM »
The Carling cup kids win 2-0

Were they any good?

Not as dominating as the 6-0 against Sheffield or the 3-0 against Wigan last year.
West Brom was attacking as well and both teams were giving and getting with the Arsenal keeper making some good saves, and Arsenal coming close, hitting the post. Wilshere the main threat.
WBA had a red before half-time.
Vela and Randall come on and make the difference. Two goals, and a few very good penalty shouts.
Barazite had a good shout late on but nothing given.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 22, 2009, 08:21:24 PM »
I heard this story a long time ago but in case you missed it ...

Fanatical about football

The Northern Alliance still has not tracked down Osama bin Laden, but one place they are unlikely to find him is at Highbury stadium in London.
Premiership giants Arsenal have barred Bin Laden from the ground after discovering that the terrorist leader is a big fan of the club.

"We've seen the reports in the papers. Clearly he wouldn't be welcome at Highbury in the future," said a club spokesman.

According to revelations in a new biography of the world's most wanted man, Bin Laden became fanatical about the team in the 1990s when he was staying in the capital.

Die-hard Arsenal fans in Highbury's famous Clock End could have possibly once sat next to the man who is blamed for the 11 September terrorist attacks.

Kitted out

Bin Laden was apparently on the terraces as the north London side reached the final of the European Cup Winners Cup.

They progressed with wins over Italian side Torino and French team Paris St Germain.

These were the first games that the well-known face of terror had seen since he had taken an interest in football during kickarounds while growing up in the Middle East.

In the new book Bin Laden: Behind The Mask Of Terror, author Adam Robinson even tells of how the terrorist had become so smitten with the team that he bought a replica shirt for his eldest son.

Whether Bin Laden has his own red and white strip remains unknown, but he certainly he will not be popping back to Highbury's club shop to buy one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/1650069.stm

I hear Fidel Castro is also a supporter? And the Queen & Prince Harry.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
Vela is classsssssssss

wilshire is in the rigth place to become on of englands best

ramsay if he was left footed he'd be called the new giggs (for wales_

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 23, 2009, 05:30:02 AM »
Vela is classsssssssss

Not too impressed with Ramsey.

Solid but nothing special.
TnT Patriot

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 23, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »
Vela is classsssssssss

watch and see

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 23, 2009, 06:16:18 AM »
up next "away" to Fulham

interesting match, fulham are strong at home and thier manager has them playing tight, if we take half the chances we have been making we should win this by a few, a long as the back 5 keep focus and concentrate

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: September 23, 2009, 06:30:00 AM »
Vela is classsssssssss

watch and see

Ramsey plays like he's a little bit rushed.
He'll be a complete box to box midfielder though.

Coquelin was very good too. He's always been compared to Makalele

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #1928 on: September 23, 2009, 11:42:08 AM »

I am usually not impressed by his performances either.
But then I need to remind myself that he is only 18.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 24, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »
Whats your best XI *if* everyone is fit?

Aluminium
Sagna Gallas Verm Clichy
Fabregas Song Nasri
Rosicky VanPersie Arshavin

with Theo, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Ramsey, Wilshere to rotate the front 6.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 24, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »
Arsenal celebrates Highbury Square opening

Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger, together with Club Directors and players from Arsenal’s past and present, today made a memory-filled return to Highbury to celebrate the Official Opening of the Club’s former home as a unique residential development.

After 93 years as a football stadium, Highbury has been converted into over 650 high specification one, two and three bedroom apartments and penthouses, with the development being named ‘Highbury Square’.

The development bears more than a passing resemblance to Highbury Stadium. The apartments have been constructed around the four sides of the old pitch – which has been turned into a wonderful garden area. Construction is now fully completed, with the development already being occupied by residents.

Over 100 invited guests, including current players Robin van Persie and Gael Clichy, together with Arsenal Legends including George Graham, David O’Leary, Frank McLintock, Arthur Shaw, Bob Wilson, John Radford, Eddie Kelly, Kenny Sansom, Perry Groves and Martin Keown, attended the ceremony, which took place on a specially constructed stage positioned on the site of the old Highbury pitch.

Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: “I would just like to congratulate the entire project team on what has been an absolutely marvellous job they have done in the construction and redevelopment of Highbury Square.

“Our wish for the development was always to retain more than a passing resemblance to Highbury Stadium and to respect its class and heritage. With the apartments being constructed in the same location as the four old stands and the pitch being converted into a wonderful garden area, we are delighted that we have achieved our goal. Although Highbury as a football stadium is now gone, Highbury Square has ensured that our old home will never be forgotten.”

Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Coming back to Highbury has filled me with so many great memories of our time here. Highbury was a very special football stadium and I feel honoured to have been part of this great place. Full credit has to go the project team, who have done an amazing job in retaining Highbury’s class and characteristics. The people living here are very lucky.”

Highbury was Arsenal’s home from 1913 until May 2006, when the Club moved to its new 60,000 capacity Emirates Stadium. As soon as the Club left Highbury, the old stadium was partially demolished and redeveloped.

The Art Deco façades of Highbury’s old Grade II-Listed East Stand, with its famous Marble Hall, and the locally-listed West Stand have been preserved, in order to retain the iconic status of the site. The North and South Stands have been replaced by new-build apartments designed in a contemporary style to harmonise with the East and West Stands.

Paying tribute to the football terraces’ original rectangular arrangement, the apartments face inwards towards a central garden square, occupying the exact dimensions of the former pitch, which is the focal point of the development.

Residents of Highbury Square will have access to a full range of amenities including a fitness centre, 24-hour concierge service and underground car parking. All apartments have access to the old two-acre Highbury pitch, which has been converted into a private garden square. The apartments are three tube stops from King’s Cross St. Pancras, which serves the Eurostar to Paris and Brussels.

The project also includes over 70 apartments that are shared equity/affordable housing, and also includes apartments that have been designed for disabled and wheelchair occupancy, and there is now only limited availability on all apartments in the development.

Further information on the limited available apartments can be found at www.highburysquare.com or by calling 0845 262 6000.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 24, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »

I am usually not impressed by his performances either.
But then I need to remind myself that he is only 18.

I agree. I'm definitely not writing him off. He has time and room to improve.

I just don't see what he has over some of the other youngsters yet. In one of the Manchester games he was brought on and we needed to score. Wilshire was on the bench and I think he would have been a better option offensively.
TnT Patriot

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #1932 on: September 24, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »

Aluminium
Sagna Gallas Verm Clichy
Fabregas Song Nasri

with Theo, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Ramsey, Wilshere to rotate the front 6.

In the current formation ...

Aluminium  ;D
Sagna Gallas Verm Clichy
     Rosicky   Fabregas 
            Diaby
 Arshavin        v Persie
          Eduardo

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 24, 2009, 11:08:18 PM »

Aluminium
Sagna Gallas Verm Clichy
Fabregas Song Nasri

In the current formation ...

Aluminium  ;D
Sagna Gallas Verm Clichy
     Rosicky   Fabregas 
            Diaby
 Arshavin        v Persie
          Eduardo
not bad but what about nasri?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #1934 on: September 25, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=679539&sec=england&cc=3888

Gunners voted for but oppose quotas

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has revealed his club voted in favour of the Premier League's quota system even though the North London giants are vehemently opposed to the plan.

The Gunners' Old Etonian chairman gave a compelling full scale interview to ESPN soccernet, discussing all the major issues in football and explained why Arsenal said "yes" to quotas, when they would have preferred to have said "no".

On the eve of ESPN's live televised match at Fulham on Saturday evening, Hill-Wood dissected the big issues in football; the first chairman to openly debate quotas and the impending financial restrictions the Premier League are planning to introduce next.

On quotas Hill-Wood said: "Arsenal voted for it, but we are against it. We are opposed to restrictions of any sort on young players, as we are not quite sure who these restrictions would help.

"I am not sure that we should be forcing youngsters, whether they are 16, 18 or 21, into doing anything they don't want to. It's a free world, and I believe in a free market. Let's face it, if they don't like it they up sticks and go.

"We voted in favour of the quotas because it appeared that is what the majority of the clubs wanted and we went along with it. We feel that we should support the majority, rather than rebel against them.

"To be perfectly truthful, I don't anticipate that the quota system will be particularly harmful to any of the clubs. I don't actually think it is achieving a great deal."

On financial controls on clubs, Hill Wood said: "Again, this is about a free market in which I am in favour. So, if someone wants to come along and put £200 million down on the table to buy a football club, that's fine, if that's what they want to do.

"I am, though, against saddling a club with huge amounts of debt. That is not clever, and not the way I see football clubs being run. That's not to say we don't have a big debt, of course we do, but the debt was incurred to build a new stadium and we have a 25 year bond with a fixed rate of interest and we are paying off that debt over 25 years and living within our means. I don't consider that irresponsible, it is an asset for the club and the stadium produces much larger revenues for us."

As the longest serving and one of the most respected chairmen in football, Hill-Wood has a heartfelt wish for the future of the game. "I wish that everyone would behave responsibly." He added with a wry smile: "Perhaps that is a forlorn hope!"

He went on: "The Premier League want to bring in some form of financial discipline. It is not easy. I am afraid I do not have a magic wand to solve all the problems. But we do need financial responsibility in football, and the best discipline is self discipline."

Hill-Wood remains a pillar of the game in this country, and he observes: "We have seen colossal changes to the game over the past 15 years, generally changes for the good. Football has become an entertainment business, and the football played in this country, on the whole is highly entertaining, some of it is a bit dour. Standards are very high, though, but there are some issues I don't approve of.

"On the positive side, though, overall the standards are a great deal higher than they were 20 years ago, and largely that is due to the influx of the best players from around the world and they have undoubtedly provided much of the spectacle.

"There is now an enormous amount of money flashed around. And, yes, it can be good for the game if it is responsibly controlled. By that I mean the use of it is responsible - and in certain circumstances it is probably not.

"Some clubs are not run on a sensible, sustainable business, and that is inclined to end in tears. I am not naming names, but we all know who we are talking about, it is obvious.

"For example, Arab money has poured into Manchester City, and so from Manchester City's point of view they are not going to complain, and for the rest of football it is good that there is another club able to compete for a place in the top three or four.

"But in the final analysis, it is about the Premier League putting into place controls that are absolutely right, otherwise they would lead to all sorts of problems. Laws can have unintentional consequences.

"It might sound like a good idea to have financial controls, but they must be very carefully thought out to make them work. They could end up doing more harm than good if people are only interested in getting round them. That is why I advocate self discipline.

"I am not blowing my own trumpet here, but we do run our club on the right business lines, perhaps we have no other option. However, I doubt whether we would do it any other way, not while I am around at least. It is not in my nature, nor is it in the nature of anyone else at the club. I am reluctant to sound that presumptuous but we do run a sensible, sustainable business.

"I have said it many times, we have no intention of spending £50m, £80m on a player. We cannot afford it. We do buy players and we pay them very well, jolly well, although perhaps not as well as some in the game where it has just gone crazy.

"Fans do have greater expectations and they do want everything; they would like us to spend buckets of money, but they would be very upset if we went bankrupt, and let's face it a couple of big name clubs have been hovering on the brink of administration in recent weeks.

"You cannot have it every way, and I know we do take some fair share of criticism for the way we operate and behave, but so be it. It's a question of finding the right formula that works."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:17:25 PM by dwn »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »
We voted for it, but we're against it?

John Kerry running Arsenal?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 26, 2009, 03:55:55 PM »
Watching the Gunners its obvious that this squad needs serious strengthening. First to begin if they depending on Bendtner they in trouble, he is not a prolific goal scorer and neither is Van Persie. Both may contribute, but neither can be considered goal scorers. Van P took his goal well today, but it was literally his only chance. Arsenal also do not look threatening from set plays, Van P is not lethal in that department either (very one dimensional). Today Fulham created more chances than Arsenal and were stalled by excellent goalkeeping and unlucky not to come away with 3 points.

Diaby today gave away every second pass and thanks should go to Song's excellent break up play defending.

Then once Wenger realized his squad was failing to penetrate he left on his love child Bendtner and brough on Eboue. Again someone who cannot win a game for you.

Think of the successful Arsenal teams, Henry scoring consistently, Wiltord & Kanu contributing consistently & the ever dependent Pires and Lundburg to pull you through
with 10+ goals from out wide

All said Arsenal will not win the league with its present squad. Sorry I just don't see it happening! Maybe  a cup is possible with a run though.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 26, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
cesc to rvp GOAL

vito was a monster in goal glad his confidence is rising, second clean sheet in the league vito in goal for both

please keep gallas and vermaelen fit all season

rosicky such a boost to have him on our squad, difference today was arshavin back in squad too dunno if eduardo came on but the points are what matters

bendtner and eboue need to go to finishing school, wasted too many and eboue came on as a sub! (yakubu from everton when at portsmouth 'arry redknap brought in a striking coach to help him learn to finish, think we need the same tell dennis to hurry back and coach these boys)

sagna sublime as always, clichy slowly finding the form of previous seasons cesc building steam imagine arsene headache when nasri comes back?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 26, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
Watching the Gunners its obvious that this squad needs serious strengthening. First to begin if they depending on Bendtner they in trouble, he is not a prolific goal scorer and neither is Van Persie. Both may contribute, but neither can be considered goal scorers. Van P took his goal well today, but it was literally his only chance. Arsenal also do not look threatening from set plays, Van P is not lethal in that department either (very one dimensional). Today Fulham created more chances than Arsenal and were stalled by excellent goalkeeping and unlucky not to come away with 3 points.

Diaby today gave away every second pass and thanks should go to Song's excellent break up play defending.

Then once Wenger realized his squad was failing to penetrate he left on his love child Bendtner and brough on Eboue. Again someone who cannot win a game for you.

Think of the successful Arsenal teams, Henry scoring consistently, Wiltord & Kanu contributing consistently & the ever dependent Pires and Lundburg to pull you through

All said Arsenal will not win the league with its present squad. Sorry I just don't see it happening! Maybe  a cup is possible with a run though.

whats your track record as a football pundit???
based on your footballing brains ability to predict the future and insider information of all clubs in the league, who will win this seasons premiership AND the next 3 oh gifted one?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 27, 2009, 09:14:25 AM »

based on your footballing brains ability to predict the future and insider information of all clubs in the league, who will win this seasons premiership AND the next 3 oh gifted one?

It does amaze me to see how on a forum of regular fans of a sport.....ordinary people that aren't professionals of the sport that they are commenting or giving their opinions on, that anybody on said forum could come out here and be askin' man fuh "credentials" lol! 
So, GunnerStunner, does your track record matter when you givin' your opinion or makin' any prediction jed?! Allyuh good oui!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 27, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »

So what is a football pundit? How many times have they been wrong, or right! The fact remains I am stating an opinion as a fan of the game and someone who watches Arsenal objectively. At the end of the season just call 1-800- Observer and we will see if I am right or wrong.
PS: This is a football FORUM is it not. If you want to take it personally, then you have the right to do so.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 27, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
So what is a football pundit? How many times have they been wrong, or right! The fact remains I am stating an opinion as a fan of the game and someone who watches Arsenal objectively. At the end of the season just call 1-800- Observer and we will see if I am right or wrong.
PS: This is a football FORUM is it not. If you want to take it personally, then you have the right to do so.

I wish you would just recognize when yuh up against man who really know de game and humble yuhself.  GunnerStunner obviously know he football... and you, what you know?  Is not like you's some kinda coach or sumting.

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 27, 2009, 04:42:53 PM »
cesc to rvp GOAL

vito was a monster in goal glad his confidence is rising, second clean sheet in the league vito in goal for both

please keep gallas and vermaelen fit all season

rosicky such a boost to have him on our squad, difference today was arshavin back in squad too dunno if eduardo came on but the points are what matters

bendtner and eboue need to go to finishing school, wasted too many and eboue came on as a sub! (yakubu from everton when at portsmouth 'arry redknap brought in a striking coach to help him learn to finish, think we need the same tell dennis to hurry back and coach these boys)

sagna sublime as always, clichy slowly finding the form of previous seasons cesc building steam imagine arsene headache when nasri comes back?

and walcott still to come back too  . . and vela. . who could do ting off de bench . .

this side have potential do do big things buh i still feel dey missin a rock in de holding midfield position . . song and dem too inconsistent fuh my likin . . buh i guess dey wouldnt learn if dey doh play . .

i supportin mih gunners till de end though . .

and big up to mannone in goal . .d eman real geh on . .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 27, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »

Wenger needs to play either Eduardo or Bendtner centrally.
With the current formation, I don't think they looking at one main guy scoring 25 goals with the others in support.
They looking at attacking as a unit and goals coming from all sides ... Van Persie, Eduardo, Bendtner, Arshavin, Cesc, and Rosicky.
But Bendtner is no good on the right, and Diaby needs to go back to the Carling Cup team.

Diaby is the most inconsistent footballer at Arsenal. He has the potential to be great, he has all the skill, close control, but he has one good game, then 5 bad ones.

Nothing more to say about Eboue that hasn't been said before. He is a back-up right back and nothing more.
Bringing him on for a center forward makes no sense unless he was moving into defense, but he was playing up top. Why?
With Vela on the bench?

Arsenal needs another CB that is better than Senderos, Djourou and Silvestre (not hard to find), a world class goalkeeper (Fabianski is good but needs some years), and a defensive midfielder.

I don't think they can challenge over 38 games either, but we'll take it week by week and hope for the best.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 27, 2009, 05:46:58 PM »
Arsenal will face Liverpool in the Fourth Round of the Carling Cup.

Arsène Wenger's young Gunners were handed a mouthwatering challenge on Saturday afternoon and will welcome Rafa Benitez's team to Emirates Stadium on October 27 or 28.

Arsenal eased into the Fourth Round with a 2-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday night.

Blackburn Rovers v Peterborough United
Manchester City v Sc**thorpe United
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton
Barnsley v Manchester United
Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Arsenal v Liverpool
Portsmouth v Stoke City

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »

I wish you would just recognize when yuh up against man who really know de game and humble yuhself.  GunnerStunner obviously know he football... and you, what you know?  Is not like you's some kinda coach or sumting.

the only local coach worth he salt in this country isn't on this forum the other isn't a national, nor on this forum all the rest as pothounds and corbeaux, i wish they would prove me wrong

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 28, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
Gunners announce record profitsby RivalsDM

add this RSS email print
Updated: September 28, 2009, 5:40 AM EDT 15 comments
Arsenal showed an increase in turnover and a record profit after tax of £35.2million from results for the year ending May 31.

The turnover of the Gunners' parent holding company, which also has substantial property interests at the Highbury Square development, went up to £313.3million from £223million for the same period last year.

Barclays Premier LeagueSat., Sep. 26
Portsmouth 0-1 Everton  Recap
Liverpool 6-1 Hull City*  Recap
Stoke City 0-2 Man Utd  Recap
Tottenham 5-0 Burnley*  Recap
Wigan 3-1 Chelsea  Recap
Fulham 0-1 Arsenal*  Recap
Blackburn 2-1 Aston Villa  Recap
Birmingham 1-2 Bolton  Recap
Sun., Sep. 27
Sunderland 5-2 Wolves*  Recap
Mon., Sep. 28
Man City 3-1 West Ham  Recap
*Airs on FSC or Watch on demand
VIDEO: Highlights of every game. 
     Premier League Fantasy Challenge

Arsenal's move to the Emirates Stadium in 2006 - funded by a long-term loan at a fixed interest rate - continues to pay dividends, with matchday revenue increased to £100.1million from £94.6million which was mainly down to progress to the semi-finals of both the Champions League and FA Cup.

Operating profits, before depreciation and player trading, in the football business were up from £59.6million to £62.7million.

The Highbury Square development, meanwhile, remains robust despite the difficult financial climate and falling house prices, with the completion of 208 private apartments bringing in ?88million, while, since the end of the financial year, more units have been sold at the club's former ground.

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood believes the club are on more than a sound financial footing.

However, the lifelong Gunners fan insisted results on the pitch would also continue to be placed before profit.

"The group's profits have now risen in each of the three years in which Emirates Stadium has been our home. This is excellent news although I should perhaps stress that making and reporting profits is not in itself the primary objective for the directors," Hill-Wood said in his report.

"First and foremost we are supporters of this great football club and, as such, our main goal will always be the achievement of success for Arsenal on the field.

"The group's profitability is important because it is a by-product of running the club as a solvent and successful business, which in turn allows us to maximise the level of investment in the playing staff and in the future development of the club."

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis added: "Football is a hugely competitive and fast moving business and we must ensure that Arsenal is not just keeping pace but setting the pace, both on and off the field.

"The club is superbly positioned for the future and I am tremendously excited about the opportunities we have ahead of us."

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 28, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
money money money

trophies trophies trophies

comin comin comin

soon soon soon

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: September 29, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »
line up today

Mannone
Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
       Diaby Cesc Song
Eduardo Van Persie Arshavin

Rramsey, Wilshire, Eboue, Silvestre, Szczesny, Vela, Rosicky, Gibbs, Watt
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:38:07 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 29, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
line up today

Mannone
Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
       Diaby Cesc Song
Eduardo Van Persie Arshavin

Rramsey, Wilshire, Eboue, Silvestre, Szczesny, Vela, Rosicky, Gibbs, Watt

You might be right, knowing Wenger.
But please, Rosicky or Ramsey instead of Diaby. And switch Eduardo and RVP.

1]; } ?>