June 16, 2024, 09:15:26 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 922399 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2640 on: August 28, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
This eh no new injury, VanP came into the game with a doddgy ankle. He has always been injury prone, can't ever remember him playing a full season.
giggsy11 yuh real bias we, ent Ferdinand, Hargraves and Anderson out. All with knee injury  :devil:

Observer, I find is you who real bias!!  Ent ferdinand, hargreaves and anderson does have to practice with/against paul scholes?!  Dey must have injuries....me eh know what you pickin' on giggsy for...:devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #2641 on: August 28, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
This eh no new injury, VanP came into the game with a doddgy ankle. He has always been injury prone, can't ever remember him playing a full season.
giggsy11 yuh real bias we, ent Ferdinand, Hargraves and Anderson out. All with knee injury  :devil:

Observer, I find is you who real bias!!  Ent ferdinand, hargreaves and anderson does have to practice with/against paul scholes?!  Dey must have injuries....me eh know what you pickin' on giggsy for...:devil:

Chow haul yuh trouble makin arse! ;D  :devil:

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2642 on: August 28, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
Sometimes i don't understand the management of this club nuh.

You have somewhat of a goalkeeping crisis at the club. You identify Mark Schwarzer as the solution. You offer 2 million pounds, and that get rejected because Fulham want 3 million. You come back and bargaining hard, with the same 2 million pound offer... Meanwhile yuh keeper

Yuh mean to say allyuh sooo cheap allyuh cant spend ah extra mil? Schwarzer will be worth at least an extra 10 points in the season, he will easily repay his investment once fit.

For all the tears about finances, Arsenal are in a much better position than most clubs in the Premier League debtwise.. And they would NEVER be able to maintain their cheapness if Wenger was not so great at grooming players and consistently turning a profit for them.

Nah, this side not serious about winning.

He have meh lil frustrated about that as welll   ???

the logic seemed to be that hughes (or the new management) would value schwarzer less than the old management and accept the 2 million.

either way, it's not just about spending more than 2 million - it's about value for money. clearly the club/wenger think that schwarzer's valuation is somewhere around that figure given his age. my guess is that if they really want him they would go back for him before sept 1 with an improved bid. but until then they'll prob see if they can get better value for money somewhere else.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 28, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »

lol scholesy? the cleanest lil general I ever see tackle ? what you talking about? lol

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 28, 2010, 01:49:21 PM »
I liked what I saw in a tough game the new defender got bundled off the ball but the man who scored was Clichy's man and inevitably he lost his man .... dunno what to say bout that boy!
Walcott's goal was a stunner, Van Persie needs to hit the gym he is too weak, Song looked good his passing has improved by leaps and bounds but umm his hairstyle hasn't   ;D.
we still need a keeper but Almunia did well today... if he can keep his head a lil he could do a job.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: August 28, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
I liked what I saw in a tough game the new defender got bundled off the ball but the man who scored was Clichy's man and inevitably he lost his man .... dunno what to say bout that boy!
Walcott's goal was a stunner, Van Persie needs to hit the gym he is too weak, Song looked good his passing has improved by leaps and bounds but umm his hairstyle hasn't   ;D.
we still need a keeper but Almunia did well today... if he can keep his head a lil he could do a job.

You eh give Sagna no props Ngozi. he was outstanding today. Koscieniny should of rest he shoulder into the man, at worst it would have been a foul outside the box
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: August 28, 2010, 03:37:02 PM »
 My bad observer I actually doh give Sagna enough props i think he and vermalen are the two best defenders in the club ... there was a play when he controlled backline for an offside play...outstanding shit......clichy is a disaster waiting to happen ... speed fitness n no brain like a young cyd gray cept less aggressive lol

Koscieniny shoulda wet him but i figured he held back since he was now coming back from suspension probably didnt wanna risk another dangerous play so call it a learning curve for him...... but one on ones like that he have to win because if that was drogba if you eh put yuh back into it he goh leave him for dead too so he need to figure it out quickly.

fadda i watching walcott finish again lol me eh see a clinical piece of finishing like that in a long time! :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:14:50 PM by Ngozi »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
An important question concerning Fabregas
« Reply #2647 on: August 29, 2010, 07:58:46 AM »
In terms of creativity who do you think is better Fabregas or Rosicky?
Rosicky has been injured for so long that I kinda forgot just ho talented he is those last few games he gave me a sharp reminder .... i'm  fabregas fan but for some reason i get the impression that rosicky sees the plays better than he does it's like he sees it before he does and looks like he always have more time on the ball am i right ? Between arshavin , rosicky , fabregas and Van persie and maybe even nasri and wilshire  you have players of immense vision and intelligence   direct refection of their manager.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 30, 2010, 07:45:46 AM »
Obviously Arsene9 and dem doh practise tackling. Van Persie hurt himself like a imps!

yuh never hear the saying "tackled like a forward"? yuh imps

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 30, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »

ent? dat kettle real black boy

giggsy11

« Reply #2650 on: August 30, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
Obviously Arsene9 and dem doh practise tackling. Van Persie hurt himself like a imps!

yuh never hear the saying "tackled like a forward"? yuh imps

Yuh stressin already Gunner? He may have tackled like a forward but it lead to him hurting himself, which makes him an imps!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: September 01, 2010, 07:44:47 AM »
well we kept cesc

trimmed the fat from defense and brought in two solid signings

but we failed to get a reliable keeper

so confident keeper, no silverware

not going to let myself down

they do look better than they did last few seasons but we still already conceded more goals than chelsea and manu

ah well 35 more league games to go

umpteen more champs league

how many league cup with the reserves and youth team starting at spurs

and how ever far we get in fa cup (wenger doh study them cups until they get far)

he wants league or champs but i say get us any silverware and the team will be hungry for more

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: September 07, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »
brilliant!

now rvp out til oct

AND

walcott, playing for england today left the feild on a stretcher!

worst arsenal year yet? esp with spurs looking stronger than city

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: September 07, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
Capello hails Rooney after Swiss win
September 08, 2010

Fabio Capello heaped praise on Wayne Rooney after the striker ended a week of speculation about his private life by scoring the opening goal in England’s 3-1 victory over Switzerland.

There were serious questions being asked in England as to whether Rooney would be in the right frame of mind to play in the Euro 2012 qualifier after revelations he cheated on wife Coleen by sleeping with a prostitute.

But manager Capello stuck by his man and was rewarded as Rooney scored for the first time in almost a year for England, guiding them to a crucial victory in Group G.

"The pressure was on Rooney, but he played very well. He was always at the centre of our play and movement," Capello said.

"He was okay and it helped scoring the goal, too. I told you yesterday that he had been okay in training. I'd seen that. Now he plays an official game really well. The players want to play without other things on their minds.

"They can focus on the game alone. He did that today. He was really happy at the end, as were the other players at the end. The result was really important."

Substitutes Adam Johnson and Darren Bent also scored and Capello believes he has now found the right position for Rooney following a disappointing World Cup.

The Manchester United man took up a deep role behind Jermain Defoe, just as he did last week when he set up all four goals in a 4-0 victory over Bulgaria.

"He played in a position that he played against Bulgaria, in the hole, and the other two midfielders helped him a lot when the Swiss had the goal," said Capello. "This position is good for him. It’s easy for him to get into positions to shoot at goal.

Capello was also delighted at the performance of the untested centre-back combination which paird Joleon Lescott and Phil Jagielka.

"They had played together for many years at Everton and I spoke with them before the game, and the confidence and understanding between then was really high," Capello said.

Capello was understandably delighted with a victory that leaves England top of Group G with six points from two games.

And although they suffered injury concerns, with Arsenal's Theo Walcott and Tottenham’s Jermain Defoe both being carried off on a stretcher, the signs for both players are good.

"I just spoke with Theo. He tells me it’s not such a big problem. I said: 'Two weeks?' He told me less. Defoe was a little thing," he said.

X-Rays have already shown there are no broken bones in Walcott’s ankle while Defoe has been allowed to fly home and will have a scan on his ankle tomorrow.

Ironically the injuries actually helped England because Walcott’s replacement Adam Johnson was hugely impressive and scored his country's second goal - while Defoe was lying injured in the centre circle.

Then Darren Bent, who eventually replaced Defoe, came on to score the third.

The performance will raise questions as to why England were so poor in South Africa given their impressive record in qualifiers. But Capello was quick to find an explanation.

"You know my answer. We are really good in this period because we are fresh. All the players can run, their minds are free. Everything they try to do comes off," he said.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: September 08, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
^^^^^^
yeah they said that about rvp too

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: September 10, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »
great another injured player

vermaelen out now

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: September 10, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »
Arsenal players WEAK!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: September 11, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »
Arsenal players WEAK!

ras is the same arsenal players does get injured over and over...rvp, walcott, rosicky

vermaelen went all last season so maybe too much football took its toll on his body.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: September 11, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
Lard! Arshavin eh play he was wasteful first half. Three clear chances! Fans must be saying "same old same old" Bolton two chances one goal.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2659 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
Lard! Arshavin eh play he was wasteful first half. Three clear chances! Fans must be saying "same old same old" Bolton two chances one goal.

Every time I see Arshavin making those breaks I wonder how it would have been if it was Walcott. Which is not something I would have thought a season ago. How things have changed ;D. But imagine how clear of the defense Walcott would be with his speed.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:02:46 AM by dwn »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: September 11, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »
De ref do real nonsense dey. Give a red card for no reason, pull back a clear goalscoring opportunity in the process. Well don ref! Everybody vex with you.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:25 AM »
And Diaby comes off injured!!!!
Sorf like butter.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: September 11, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »
Brilliant pass, brilliant finish. Bolton just hoping for the final whistle. 4-1 now
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: September 11, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
And Diaby comes off injured!!!!
Sorf like butter.

Disagree it was a bad tackle on Diaby when you watch the slow motion replay.

Question I felt the sending off was harsh, but my friend next to me said two things. "Tackle from behind" and then ask "was such a tackle necessary?"
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: September 12, 2010, 04:32:01 AM »
This is why I like this arsenal team
Vela's goal vs Bolton 24 passes
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:53:21 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: September 12, 2010, 05:33:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5JOqwaJg2E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y5JOqwaJg2E</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: September 12, 2010, 06:16:40 AM »
This is why I like this arsenal team
Vela's goal vs Bolton 24 passes

Overrated, most of de passes had nothing to do wid de goal...in fact de first 23 (but great pass by Fabregas to setup the goal).

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: September 12, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »
Since when possessing the ball have nothing to do with the goal until the opportunity appears?
Like you playing on Latas team lol!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: September 12, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »
Since when possessing the ball have nothing to do with the goal until the opportunity appears?

Not to big up my own team, but constrast dat wid a Chelsea or even a Man U attacking move...5 or 6 incisive passes --> goal.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: September 12, 2010, 10:52:45 AM »

Not to big up my own team, but constrast dat wid a Chelsea or even a Man U attacking move...5 or 6 incisive passes --> goal.

I feel ya on that .... Arsenal is my team but my measuring stick is always how they stand up to Chelsea ... to the demons that is Drogba and Essien but I have a really good feeling this year ..... a really good one...... my main concern remains my goalie but the fact that he knew they wanted to remove him means his motivation to do better is shot through the roof ... I like our chances this year alot.

If you wanted an example of an incisive move and finishing I could always post Walcott's finish vs Blackburn 4 or 5 passes and a murderously clinical finish in the corner ..... lol go you gunners!

1]; } ?>