April 29, 2024, 04:15:38 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901479 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2820 on: November 29, 2010, 08:48:09 AM »
trying not to sound sour or prejudiced but i think villas first goal was offside

carew (injured) was standing infront of fabianski in an offside position

obstructing fabianskis view

how is that not interfering with play?

also looked at nasri goal and there was no defelction it was hit into the ground (unless i see a better slo mo) that was a great volley

arshavin said on his website they never practiced that, he just say his team mate there all lonely and sad so he gave him something to be happy about lol

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 29, 2010, 09:13:14 AM »
lol

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2822 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
trying not to sound sour or prejudiced but i think villas first goal was offside

carew (injured) was standing infront of fabianski in an offside position

obstructing fabianskis view

how is that not interfering with play?

also looked at nasri goal and there was no defelction it was hit into the ground (unless i see a better slo mo) that was a great volley

arshavin said on his website they never practiced that, he just say his team mate there all lonely and sad so he gave him something to be happy about lol

arshavin is a kicks man. some of the answers to the questions on his site is have me rolling.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 30, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
nice win today
coulda been more but vela trow away two and bendtner aswell

also nasri had one cleared off the line

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2824 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
nice win today

with man utd. out, the carling cup is now arsenal's trophy to lose.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 30, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »
nice win today

I seem to recall a team that hit manu 4 remember? cup ain't won till it's won

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: December 01, 2010, 08:07:33 AM »
nice win today

correcto

still have west brom (playing decent football and beating teams)

villa who have potential but usually falter

ipswich under roy keane so it is far from over

and now its home and away legs

so not saying anything until i hear the final whistle at the final

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:56:36 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: December 01, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »
We play Carlos and Jason next in the Carling Cup!  ;D

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/35870/carling-cup-draw

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2828 on: December 01, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
nice win today

correcto

still have west brom (playing decent football and beating teams)

villa who have potential but usually falter

ipswich under roy keane so it is far from over

and now its home and away legs

so not saying anything until i hear the final whistle at the final

i'm not saying it's already won! just saying they're clear favourites now! i understand that it's football and anyone can win on their day but if you're saying that Arsenal aren't expected to win this trophy (given the teams that are left), then that says a lot about how cautious Arsenal supporters have gotten. in my opinion, we should expect nothing less from the team at this point. To lose now would be a HUGE dissappointment. Ipswich, Birmingham and West Ham?! Come on. if there was ever a chance to win the Carling Cup, this is it!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:37:32 PM by dwn »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: December 01, 2010, 04:43:01 PM »
If wenger is smart he would play his first string throughout this competition and make sure they win it.

I read an article in Champions Magazine about a month ago about Marseille's rise under Deschamps and he spoke about how he used the equivalent of the Carling Cup in France to help them to their domestic title.

He said even though the tournament was low level, the players needed to know what it felt like to win something again, to have the taste of victory. Once he did that they were able to turn their entire season around and push on to have a very successful season.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2830 on: December 01, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »
If wenger is smart he would play his first string throughout this competition and make sure they win it.

I read an article in Champions Magazine about a month ago about Marseille's rise under Deschamps and he spoke about how he used the equivalent of the Carling Cup in France to help them to their domestic title.

He said even though the tournament was low level, the players needed to know what it felt like to win something again, to have the taste of victory. Once he did that they were able to turn their entire season around and push on to have a very successful season.

i don't think he will go with the first string though. if he does, well he definitely taking one out of desailly book.

but my guess is that he will go with a team like he put out yesterday - men who don't get much playing time or men who coming back from injury. the belief is that the team is deep enough now that the second string possesses a fair amount of experience. as opposed to passed seasons where the second string was considered a bunch of kids.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 01, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »

Wenger 2nd string used tuh knock it better than the first sometimes....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2832 on: December 01, 2010, 05:02:53 PM »

honestly, i find arsenal lost their style a bit. their passing moves are less frequent these days, and the speed of their game seemed to drop compared to past seasons.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 01, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »

same thing mourhino did at chelsea, give them a taste of winning

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 01, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »

honestly, i find arsenal lost their style a bit. their passing moves are less frequent these days, and the speed of their game seemed to drop compared to past seasons.

not seeing the fluidity like in the past, not seeing the runs off the ball as much, seeing alot more ball watching ex when defending

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: December 01, 2010, 06:58:37 PM »
Wenger will not change his formula. No first team guaranteed.  Don't forget he played the second team in the final against Jose's Chelsea, when everyone said he should go with the fist team.

Agreed with the sentiments that Arsenal look disjointed and not as fluid, but to be fair to them injuries have the squad chopping and changing.

Defensively Arsenal need a lot of work and I don't mean the back line. I mean the coordination between MF and back line, especially in wide positions.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: December 02, 2010, 02:19:54 PM »
Wenger will not change his formula. No first team guaranteed.  Don't forget he played the second team in the final against Jose's Chelsea, when everyone said he should go with the fist team.

Agreed with the sentiments that Arsenal look disjointed and not as fluid, but to be fair to them injuries have the squad chopping and changing.

Defensively Arsenal need a lot of work and I don't mean the back line. I mean the coordination between MF and back line, especially in wide positions.

arsenal need a take charge figure in dm or cb positions like adams or viera someone the rest of th eplayers look up too, listen too and respect a take charge guy

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: December 02, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »

arsenal need a take charge figure in dm or cb positions like adams or viera someone the rest of th eplayers look up too, listen too and respect a take charge guy

This is very true!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: December 02, 2010, 02:35:04 PM »

yeah someone to pelt the proverbial water bottle on the pitch; kick some asses

This is very true!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: December 02, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »
[arsenal need a take charge figure in dm or cb positions like adams or viera someone the rest of th eplayers look up too, listen too and respect a take charge guy

Suggestions?

Yuh know who I find playin MASSIVE ball dis season?

Tiote from Newcastle.

De man STRONG on de ball AND in de tackle

His passin on point

His positional play is excellent

I find he playin like Makelele but jes a lil bit better in every department

I think he is one of the defensive midfield standouts in de EPL dis season

And he is jes 24 years old.  
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2840 on: December 02, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
[arsenal need a take charge figure in dm or cb positions like adams or viera someone the rest of th eplayers look up too, listen too and respect a take charge guy

Suggestions?

Tiote from Newcastle.

His passin on point

yea, he's good. when I saw him at the WC I said Wenger should try to get him. next thing I hear he's at Newcastle. surprised there weren't bigger clubs in for him, esp since he just came off a title winning season in the dutch league.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: December 02, 2010, 03:24:33 PM »

Suggestions?

Tiote from Newcastle.

His passin on point

I talking up Tiote since I see him sweat first game of the season.

Saddis calm.. Collecting the ball under pressure and controlling it and making the right outlet pass instead of just hoofing it out which giving Newcastle plenty in midfield. Only one play i see this season when he try to act to casual and lose the ball and give up a goal (think it was against Arsenal).

I wouldnt go so far as to say he playing better than Makalele, ah mean he still only learning the ropes.. Actually find he more resemble Essien the way he does ball, but still if he keep it up a big club will come calling soon.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: December 04, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »
3 the hard way...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: December 04, 2010, 11:04:01 AM »
What a performance by Sami Nasri! two brilliant goals (must see).

Overall again a disjointed performance by Arsenal and shaky defending, lucky Dejerou came on for injured Kosciely. They simply are not as smooth in possession & passing seems a bit slower due to positioning of players.
Saying all that they deserve the result, but Fulham were worthy opposition today, good performance by Dempsey.

Just a note on Arsenal defending, down Arsenal left side Clichy allows far too many easy crosses, especially when you know your team struggles in the air.
On set plays how are the match up determined. Imagine on four set plays Nasri picking up Etuhu. You asking for trouble with that match up.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: December 04, 2010, 02:29:41 PM »
God stuff today ... hard game way to lift their game .. Koscelny having a hard time ... at first I thought he was ready but he simply makes too many mistakes and they're costing goals ... lawd messi would eat him alive.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: December 04, 2010, 06:20:39 PM »
didn t see the game...came home in the afternoon and read the reports...lord, nasri is on fire...another french genius, de man scoring some wicked goals every week.  let's hope we can push on, stabilize the back (please wenger get another defender in).

check here for all de goals:

http://arsenalist.com/

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: December 04, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »
Nasri for me is not just Arsenal's player of the season so far, but he's also the player of the league thus far too.  Jes my opinion
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2847 on: December 04, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
Arshavin has been very good of late as well.

Been saying this for a while now - would like to see Djourou get a run in the team. Not that he is that good of a player, but Koscielny and Squillaci have looked shaky. Based on form he deserves at least a chance. He is also more athletic and better in the air than those guys which he displayed today, and he has done well in the premiership games that he's played this season.

That said, Arsenal is missing Vermaelen.

The other player I will campaign for in the starting line up is Szczesny but I doubt that happening any time soon.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: December 06, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »
Nasri for me is not just Arsenal's player of the season so far, but he's also the player of the league thus far too.  Jes my opinion

He's a poor man's Messi...

Stepped up big time this season so far.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: December 06, 2010, 07:28:42 PM »

He's a poor man's Messi...

Stepped up big time this season so far.
A poor man's messi lol .... allyuh fellas just cynical for no reason.

1]; } ?>