March 28, 2024, 11:45:13 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891848 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #2880 on: December 10, 2010, 04:23:37 PM »
Funny thing is my fav team is Arsenal and my fav player is Anderson and he has been injured forever!
I cyah imagine what team Wenger will put out to play against manu ...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wenger: Let's make a statement
« Reply #2881 on: December 13, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
Wenger: Let's make a statement
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants his youngsters to come of age against Manchester United.
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2242912,00.html

Wenger has challenged his young Gunners side to show they have the hunger for success by delivering victory against their Barclays Premier League title rivals at Old Trafford.

The Gunners remain top of the table after Didier Drogba's stoppage-time penalty miss at Tottenham Hotspur meant Chelsea dropped down to fourth following Manchester City's win at West Ham United on Saturday, which left them level on points with the leaders.

There is certainly little margin for error in what looks set to be one of the tightest championship battles for many seasons, with United still holding a match in hand on the teams around them.

PRECONCEIVED IDEAS
It has been four years since Arsenal beat the Red Devils at Old Trafford. However, in each of the seasons in which they went on to win the Premier League, Wenger's side got a positive result in Manchester.

The Arsenal manager feels now is the perfect time for his latest generation to deliver.

"We have an opportunity to show how good we are - that is what you want in life," Wenger said.

"Let's go without any preconceived ideas, not [thinking] about any weakness of Manchester United, nor about any weakness from us, just let's focus on the day, to give your best, play with belief, play for each other and we have a good chance to beat anybody.

"I know that my team will be really up for it, and I always have great belief in my players - I know how hungry they are for success and am sure that will come out in the game."

BEARS GRUDGES
Monday's match will again pit Wenger against great rival Sir Alex Ferguson, and the Frenchman insists his former spats with the Scot should be taken in isolation.

"It's always for me in the heat of the moment," Wenger added on Arsenal's official website.

"I'm not somebody who bears grudges for years. I can forgive - indeed, sometimes I need to be the person to be forgiven - but I'm not somebody who thinks for 10 years, forever, 'I will hate you'.

"Relations with people go up and down a little bit. Why? Because many things happen in the heat of the moment and you know it's not for definite.

"I had [arguments] not only with him but with other managers."

www.arsenal.com
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: December 13, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »
Guys, any live online links for today's game versus Man U????

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: December 13, 2010, 12:59:22 PM »
Guys, any live online links for today's game versus Man U????

http://www.atdhe.net/
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: December 13, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »
I am not happy with the lost, but I think we had a good second half showing...it's not over yet!

I don't even want to get into the jump kick by Ferdinand that Webb failed to call and the bogus penalty that Rooney sent to the Manchester City Stadium!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2885 on: December 13, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
Missed the game. Not feeling that bad about the score, to be honest. However when I watch the game later I will comment on their performance.

On another note, I'm happy to hear Szczesny played and performed well. Will continue to campaign for his inclusion in the starting line up. He and Djourou need to displace Fabianski and Koscielny (or Squillaci, not sure who's worse). 

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: December 13, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »
Missed the game. Not feeling that bad about the score, to be honest. However when I watch the game later I will comment on their performance.

On another note, I'm happy to hear Szczesny played and performed well. Will continue to campaign for his inclusion in the starting line up. He and Djourou need to displace Fabianski and Koscielny (or Squillaci, not sure who's worse). 

He is 10x better than the other 2 shitsnakes.... Wenger should give him a run... he's quality... he had one bad kick out but other than that he was tops

and he's only 20....good find

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: December 13, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »
Watched the game came to a few conclusions ....

Ferdinand is a f**king wild man  no wonder he does get injured like a pussy.

Arsenal is a team still feeling themselves out and Wenger doesn't now what his strongest team is as yet.

Chamakk is a hard worker but Van Persie when fit is a better striker!

Arsenal needs Walcott starting he is the only direct forward we have and i think every good teams need a player that can run directly at a team

If I had to choose 6 players to start in midfield and forward on current form it would be this
Nasri, Van Persie, Walcott upfront with Rosicky, Song and Fabregas in the midfield that's the best option I see in the first half I didn't see the initiative and credit to manchester on the win but they dont look that dangerous but their central defense is very tough to pass.

If fit I would try  Vermalean and Djourou in the middle.

The 20 yr old keeper is nice he's better in the air than Fabianski ... think we got our two keepers

Clichy did better vs Nani but he needs to cut out the lil mistakes plus he was giving nani too much space it have one way to deal with Nani ... kick he mutha ass he will cry, complain and his game will drop ... doh play him soft, rough him up!

I maintain Walcott is the striker to make this team tick whether he know it or not!

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: December 13, 2010, 10:27:30 PM »
Walcott can't cement a starting place for Arsenal or the national team because he not technically sound. Many of his passes, crosses, and shots are off. He creates havoc with his pace, but creates just as much confusion with his teams tactical formation. In other words, he really is still an undeveloped talent for some reason. He plays for a veteran manager at his club, and national team coaches don't seem sold on him, so there has to be a reason right? As far as Rio being a wildman.....I must admit that that should have been carded, but he had to win that ball and Sagna was coming hard. Feel it was more of a situation where he had to go, and preferred to kill Sagna before Sagna killed him. Can't support the penalty call, even though Clichy is a clown to put himself in that position. Not sure if Chamakh's handball that wasn't called had anything to do with the 2nd one being called on Clichy. Maybe if Song had more quality on the ball, and Arsenal had a pacy technical striker like they had with Henry they would win games like this. I'm glad they lost though  ;D
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: December 14, 2010, 04:20:39 AM »

Arsenal is a team still feeling themselves out and Wenger doesn't now what his strongest team is as yet.

still singing this Song ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: December 14, 2010, 04:57:40 AM »
Scezney (?) looks to be our best keeper.
Clichy was the weak link defensively. He allowed Nani (pussy) too much space and allowed him to run with the ball which is his strength.
Rosicky and Arshavin were both passengers. Neither contributed anything offensively or defensively.
Theo does something that few others do....he shoots....and he is pretty accurate
We lost that game because of desire and coaching
I agree the pitch was horrible but that was a tactical decision, designed to disrupt our passing. It worked.
Chamak showed more fight than any other Arsenal player. His hard work defensively affected him offensively.
Wegner played the wrong team and needs to do a better job in his player evaluations, he doesn't give enough weight to fighting spirit in evaluating players
Every call went the way of United, including the penalty, Rio "Bruce Lee" Ferdinand and Fletcher pushing the ref and not even getting a yellow
Djourou needs to be on the field
Arsenal have a mental problem.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 04:59:40 AM by dumpalewie »
TnT Patriot

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: December 14, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »
Well Arsenal found a goal keeper. In Fairness Manu Defence was tops  and hard to break down.
 Walcott should have come on about the 60 minute but Arsenal did not look like the freeflowing Arsenal in the first half. I thought that a 1-1 would have been a fair results.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: December 14, 2010, 07:14:51 AM »
Gonna have to agree that clichy was giving nani too much space even the commentators say it still having nightmares from last year ...
The penalty call was crap ... thought wilshire and arshavin looked lost.
I watched Rooney play and i dunno if he has peaked as a player or what but he isn't the same player I remember.
Still have some fight but ..... something about him gone south.
Nani is there most dangerous player and the defense is solid

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: December 15, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
fail

tactics
team effort (cept keeper)

we choke at EVERY advantage placed infront of us

and thats why we dont win shit

4 games where we choked
chelsea
newcastle
spurs
manu

will take others to fail and probably some will but not all manu man city spurs n chelsea will all fail enough for us to scrape through a leagur win

this team hasnt tasted wins to know what is needed

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: December 15, 2010, 10:42:12 AM »
Seriously GunnerStunner. Certain players have a tendency to disappear.
Arshavin is the main culprit.
Rosiky injuries seem to have caught up with him.
Van Persie I would put into the same category.
Both CB not ready for the EPL and arguably need more time. Unlucky with injuries in this area.
When you have wide midfielders  not assisting with defending you will always suffer. Just look where goals come from against Arsenal. It seems everyone knows that if you attack with fullbacks against Arsenal, you will get 2 versus 1 situations against Clichy & Sagna near the penalty area.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: December 15, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »
Seriously GunnerStunner. Certain players have a tendency to disappear.
Arshavin is the main culprit.
Rosiky injuries seem to have caught up with him.
Van Persie I would put into the same category.
Both CB not ready for the EPL and arguably need more time. Unlucky with injuries in this area.
When you have wide midfielders  not assisting with defending you will always suffer. Just look where goals come from against Arsenal. It seems everyone knows that if you attack with fullbacks against Arsenal, you will get 2 versus 1 situations against Clichy & Sagna near the penalty area.

I disagree with the  2 v 1 situations vs the full backs ... Clichy's failings were of his own doing and they were one on one with Nani he was failing his confrontations and the truth is Nani didnt look that dangerous but Clichy looked that scared. Thought Sagna did ok ... Arshavin used to show up for big games but more than often now he plays poorly ... I actually don't think he is fit!
Rosicky is suffering from inconsistent playing time I'm just glad he isn't injured.
Van Persie is now getting back into the swing of things let's face it  when your best two players come on the last 25 mins or so and they're both unfit you wn't  really get the kinda impact you're looking for.
I'm frustrated but hopeful  ... mainly because I know the improvement is coming .. people don't understand just how important Vermalean , Fabregas and Van Persie is to this team.. they are the key players in the three areas of the team defense , midfield and offense these three is the core we aint doing bad without our core players.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: December 15, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
Was not talking about the ManU game. I was talking in general, most teams attack Arsenal down the sides, especially the counter. think back to Chelsea, Newcastle, Shakta ect. I eh even touch set plays.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 18, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
Arsenal beats Ajax to sign Japanese striker

By Cesare Polenghi

Born in Okazaki, near Nagoya, Ryo Miyaichi turned 18 on December 14, 2010. A product of the Japanese High School soccer system, he hit the headlines worldwide for being praised by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, the man who has convinced him to sign with Arsenal in January.

During the summer of 2009, at the age of 16, Miyaiichi visited Europe and played trial games with the Gunners and later with Ajax in The Netherlands. He impressed on both occasions, alas, during the tryout with the Amsterdam club, he was hit hard and suffered a double fracture to his leg.

Miyaichi has been often compared to Thierry Henry and Cristiano Ronaldo for his quick runs up the field, spiced-up by unpredictable feints and tricks with the ball.

While such comparisons are too often exaggerated, it is hard not to note similarities in the style of play and in the self-confidence boasted by the Portuguese superstar and the young Japanese.

Miyaichi has been summoned for Japanese national teams since the age of 13 and participated in the ill-fated adventure of the under-17s at the World Cup in Nigeria during an intense 2009.

In the tournament, Japan impressed at times, but lost three games out of three. Despite suffering a premature injury set-back, Miyaichi is now an integral part of the under-19 national team group.

Miyaichi is expected to sign a five-year deal with Arsenal and his full recovery from injury is expected by early 2011, when he will also graduate from school.

Wenger had some words for Miyaichi upon his visit to Europe, “Your home is here [at Arsenal,] get well soon and begin to learn English,” said the Frenchman, who enjoys great popularity in Japan, having guided Nagoya Grampus for a season and a half in the early 90s.

Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: December 19, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »
Fabregas: Arsenal scared of losing
December 19, 2010

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has admitted that his side lack 'confidence and mentality' and that, in big games, they suffer from a fear of defeat.

The Gunners have a poor record against the Premier League's top sides in recent years, losing their last four league games against champions Chelsea and winning just one of their last 10 games against Manchester United, who they lost 1-0 to last weekend. Now Fabregas claims that Arsenal fear defeat in major fixtures and were ''scared'' of losing at Old Trafford.

"They [United] were more aggressive than us," Fabregas said. "They have the belief that comes from not losing at all [in the league] this season. That gives you a lot of help mentally.

''I'm realising more and more that football is all about confidence and mentality. Sometimes you do the right thing but, if people tell you it's not right, you start believing it, even though you were right at first.

"I think the difference on the night was that we were scared of losing but they were not scared of winning. That was a big difference that played in our heads. Sometimes we seem scared of losing these big games - we don't really go for it and we're tempted to drop back and see what the opposition do.

''We look to see if we are capable of beating them by what they are doing and how good they are on the day, instead of us going forward, causing them problems and dominating the game ourselves."

Despite being two points and a game behind United at the top, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, however, believes the title race is unpredictable.

"This championship remains very open,'' he said. ''Don't forget that we have played at United, at City, at Chelsea and at Liverpool, so we are in a strong position. Now the rest of the season will be decided on how much we've learned, how much we improve and how much confidence we can take from our performances so far."

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: December 21, 2010, 05:28:15 PM »
arsenal are such a disjointed side that it makes it eaasy for team to defned against us and attack us

they exploit the left side of clichy alot yet hardly need to defend the rigth side of thier third

most of our players like to try and cut in a la henrybut they are cutting in against a back four plus two or three midfeilders

also i find arsenal have lost their sharpness and lethality in counter attacking

forget how much the defense needs to get ignorant

the whole side tackling more and collecting yellows and reds and fouls way more than we used to

fouls going up i can take but not red cards

also its useless listening to the bandwagonist backstabbing british press unless you wear a manu and recently a chelski shirt

always hounding arsenal about its foreign players or its stifling pf british talent

when i think we have the biggest crop of british talent coming through and also transferred to other premiership teams

ah well even if arsneal won it all the brit press would still think the bad guys won it all

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: December 25, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »
For that game against Chelsea I would start with Nasri, Van Persie and Walcott  with Rosicky, Song and Fabregas. With Nasri and Theo on the wings this could restrict Chelsea overlapping as much leaving the defense under less pressure.  I think Arshavin needs a lil rest as well as Wilshire and we can bring on Bendtner or Chammakk if needed. Also I would start with the youngster in goal can pronounce his name Wos something because he handles crosses better!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 25, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »
For that game against Chelsea I would start with Nasri, Van Persie and Walcott  with Rosicky, Song and Fabregas. With Nasri and Theo on the wings this could restrict Chelsea overlapping as much leaving the defense under less pressure.  I think Arshavin needs a lil rest as well as Wilshire and we can bring on Bendtner or Chammakk if needed. Also I would start with the youngster in goal can pronounce his name Wos something because he handles crosses better!

The key will be how they contain Chelsea left side, actually both wide aeas
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 25, 2010, 04:38:02 PM »

the wingers will only help contain chelsea if they do the work to track back and attack

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 25, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »

yeah their left side is their dominant area tho with Cole and Malouda ... that's why
I think Walcott is so vital it'll keep them honest!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 27, 2010, 02:52:36 PM »
First Blood!

Have they turned the corner? Or will this just end up 2-1 or 3-1 for Chelsea
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 27, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »
OMG - 3=0 Gunners   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 27, 2010, 04:03:58 PM »
...congrats.  Allyuh beat we fair, square and everywhere today.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Doh say we never give allyuh nutting.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 27, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
...congrats.  Allyuh beat we fair, square and everywhere today.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Doh say we never give allyuh nutting.

thanks for the (kinda) compliment...i know it hard to see ur side lose as badly as they did today.   the gunners played well but i was surprised at just how badly so many of the chelsea players did.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 27, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »

thanks for the (kinda) compliment...i know it hard to see ur side lose as badly as they did today.   the gunners played well but i was surprised at just how badly so many of the chelsea players did.

Ah grievin' fuh meh side right now so yuh go hadda take whatever (kinda) compliment yuh get.  :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 27, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
best chelsea players today were cech n drogba

finally we kill a side for thier mistakes

BUT

we conceded that goal too easy!

1]; } ?>