April 28, 2024, 02:45:36 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 900672 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3240 on: March 02, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
Park the bus bread van!

...and walk wit a mechanic!

eh squared what all yuh really talking about? who parking what vehicle where?

Walk wit a "mechanic" because, wit all the injuries allyuh have, whether yuh park the bus or drive it off a cliff, it need "fixin".   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: March 02, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
Park the bus bread van!

Walk wit a "mechanic" because, wit all the injuries allyuh have, whether yuh park the bus or drive it off a cliff, it need "fixin".   

i am wondering if the injuuries we are seeing are on some parallel to what happened to Micheal Owen, he started off young hot n unstoppable then after his first real big hammy tear he was plagued by injuries afterwards
we have so many youngsters who are very suseptable to injuries

im no sport scientist but it just aint right

as for the bus we doh park no bus, bread van, maxi, taxi, scooter, cart, skateboard, match box car, nuttin! we play the game and we play it well :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:33:23 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
Park the bus bread van!

i am wondering if the injuuries we are seeing are on some parallel to whathappened to Micheal Owen, he started off young hot n unstoppable then afte rhis first real big hammy tear he was plagued by injuries afterwards
we have so many youngsters who are very suseptable to injuries

im no sport scientist but it just aint right

as for the bus we doh park no bus, bread van, maxi, taxi, scooter, cart, skateboard, match box car, nuttin! we play the game and we play it well :beermug:

I eh noe sport scientist, either, but one thing I do understand....the brand of football that arsenal is lookin' to play....it will only work but so well without the necessary bite that is needed to thrive in the EPL.  You HAVE to have them rough and rugged players (like David Luiz, Michael Essien, Alex, John Obi Mikel, John Terry and Ivanovic) that have the grit and body to handle the EPL style.  Otherwise allyuh go be goin' through the same thing, over and over.  Don't get me wrong, them names I call there, they will get and have gotten injuries, too....but it hasn't seemed to have hurt us as much.   :beermug:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: March 02, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
hello Manu!

see you soon

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: March 02, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
hello Manu!

see you soon

you shouldn't be so excited

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: March 03, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
hello Manu!

see you soon

Doh worry we walking with Martin Atkinson  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: March 03, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
Honestly I not too glad we hadda play a FA Cup quarter final against Man U right after the Barca game. Dat is 2 hard games in a row and honestly, much as I like de games, I doh give a fishes tit bout no FA Cup. I say play a B side, let Man U take it if dey want and lewwe wine on dem for de Premiership. Years now Wenger scorn FA and Carling Cup, now he get so desperate he want anyting dat pass, and it cost us van Persie, the best striker in England when he fit. The club so taking on de media and dey chupidness dey trying for all trophies and de team fallin apart. Who gives ah ass if dey ent win in 5 years, dey knew when dey leave Highbury dat dis woulda happen, now dey let de short term thinking shoot us in the foot when Arsenal playing the best football in England and top 5 in Europe. Wenger, yuh f*ckin up when you have de whole world at your mercy! Pull it together and focus on de prize.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: March 03, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
With van persie and walcott out I doh see where our goals are going to come from....   :-[  i think we have a problem in our remaining matches now ... the relacements to me doh have enough quality

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: March 03, 2011, 09:20:50 AM »
With van persie and walcott out I doh see where our goals are going to come from....   :-[  i think we have a problem in our remaining matches now ... the relacements to me doh have enough quality
Bendtner, Nasri, Arshavin. They not the first pick, but they can manage it.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: March 03, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
Arshavin need to play like he playin for Russia.
I kinda dissapointed that he hasn't been consistent.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
hello Manu!

see you soon

Doh worry we walking with Martin Atkinson  :beermug: :beermug:

Too bad yuh cyah walk wit de man who could REALLY help allyuh cause: David Luiz. 

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: March 03, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
Dont give up guys, you can still take out Barca at least.
A draw will be enough.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
Dont give up guys, you can still take out Barca at least.
A draw will be enough.

:rotfl: Allyuh go ahead and listen to Sammy......manu and dey fans eh WANT to see Barca again in Champions' League! It go take a REAL side to handle Real Madrid, and manu and Chelsea...so allyuh need to stop foolin' allyuh selves and let the Pros handle things.  It was nice havin' allyuh around, but bye-bye. (and I eh care hummuch o' allyuh so-called wounded miraculously recover fuh Tuesday...allyuh DONE!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: March 04, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »
Cesc Fabregas Factor: Why the Arsenal Captain is the Class of the EPL
By Michael Henriksen (Contributor) on March 4, 2011 - London 396

His pace is lacking. He’s not a clinical finisher. His numbers are hardly impressive for a superstar: 3 goals and 9 assists in 20 league games.

He‘s statistically outshined by his own teammates. Samir Nasri is in the middle of his best season ever, with 9 goals to his name. Robin Van Persie has 10 goals and 5 assists. Even Andrei Arshavin has netted 5 goals and assisted on 11 more despite being in poor form for much of the season.

But what’s the one stat Cesc Fabregas cares most about? Wins.

And in English football, there is nobody whose presence in the lineup leads to more W’s.   With Fabregas playing, Arsenal are 15-3-3 in league games, averaging 2.28 points from each game. Without him, however, they are only 2-2-2, earning only 1.33 points on average.

It’s the difference between being in the Champions League year after year and missing out on European football.

It’s the difference between potentially trailing United by only one point come Saturday evening, and just playing for the FA Cup at this stage in the year.

Game after game, his presence or absence on the field dictates which Arsenal side shows up. The fluid, ball-hogging, merciless European juggernauts, or the exposed, disorganized, Wenger-kids that haven’t matured yet.

He transforms a side that can be tantalizingly infuriating into a legitimate Euro threat. He creates vast attacking options through his distribution of the ball. He completely dictates the pace of the game with his touches in the midfield.   

Certain games tell the story perfectly. For instance, on September 18, when Arsenal visited Sunderland, Fabregas hobbled off the pitch in the 29th minute with a goal and his team leading 1-0. His replacement, Tomas Rosicky, ended up leaving his mark on the game by missing a penalty before Sunderland equalised in the 96th minute.

Most recently against Stoke, Arsenal opened with a flurry of chances, and took a 1-0 lead before Cesc had to go off with a hamstring problem in the 14th minute. After that, they looked uninspiring in the final third, and were fortunate to take away three points as the game ended 1-0.

In the Carling Cup final without Cesc, the Gunners’ attack never was able to break down Birmingham’s ranks and score a go-ahead goal, leaving them vulnerable to fumble away the Cup.

Arsenal  have struggled to banish lower sides from the FA Cup without their skipper. They were down 1-0 at home to Leeds before Cesc came on and inspired the comeback. Again, against Huddersfield he entered a 1-1 game late and the Gunners walked away 2-1 victors. Without him, League One side Leyton Orient forced a replay against Arsene Wenger’s much more talented squad.

In the Champions League, Arsenal relinquished top spot in the group by losing 2-1 to Shaktar Donetsk. Fabregas missed that game, too. As a result, they are now up against the world’s best team in Barcelona.

And fittingly, it was Fabregas’s through ball that led to the Gunners’ 2-1 win at the Emirates.

Hopefully it’s becoming clear why Barca launched such a strong campaign last summer to reacquire their former La Masia starlet, despite already having the best midfield in the game.

The one thing that’s been missing from Fabregas’s repertoire has been his finishing. His three league goals have come off 55 shots. Such a low conversion rate would be more noticeable if those shots weren’t scattered among all the chances he creates for others.

Last year he was far more authoritative in front of goal, netting 19 goals on 108 shots in all competitions for Arsenal.

His bad habit of missing games with hamstring problems has proved highly detrimental to Arsenal. Currently, he is sidelined again, but claims to feel no pain in training. If Arsenal are to triumph against Barcelona this coming Tuesday at Camp Nou, it is vital that Fabregas features.

Striker Robin Van Persie and winger Theo Walcott have already been ruled out, perhaps the two attacking options that benefit most from Fabregas’s distribution of the ball. We will likely see Andrei Arshavin and Niklas Bendtner start instead.

Apart from struggling alongside each other at times this season, both players often seem too caught up in their own performances to reap the rewards of Fabregas’s vision and intricate passing.

Wenger has been cautiously optimistic in his assessment of Fabregas’s chances of making the game. He knows how important No. 4 is to his lineup. Do we really believe there’s even a small chance Fabregas sits on the bench?

Whether he can lead his team to victory or not is another question. He will certainly need help, especially from his back four and Alex Song if they are to survive the Barcelona onslaught.

Last year without Fabregas, Arsenal were dominated by Messi and company and lost 4-1.  This year, as long as El Capitan is on the pitch, the Gunners at least stand a chance.

Given how greatly he transforms his team, there’s no other player in England I’d rather have for this game.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3254 on: March 04, 2011, 10:07:44 AM »
And in English football, there is nobody whose presence in the lineup leads to more W’s.   With Fabregas playing, Arsenal are 15-3-3 in league games, averaging 2.28 points from each game. Without him, however, they are only 2-2-2, earning only 1.33 points on average.

In games that van Persie started this season, Arsenal's record is 8W-2D-1L.

Here's a stat from since he's joined the club:

He has missed 42.75 per cent of the club's league games, playing only 109 of a possible 255 matches, since signing from Feyenoord in 2004. And without him the stats do not make good reading: Arsenal's win ratio minus the striker in the Premier League is 56%, compared to 78% with him in the side.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/03/03/2375619/from-broken-metatarsals-to-knee-ligament-tears-robin-van-persies-?sms_ss=gmail&at_xt=4d710ce2e0b216ef%2C0

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: March 04, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
oh gaddo

here comes sunderland

really studying what the squad will be tomo

Sheezy
Sagna JD LK/Squill Clichy
Diaby Wilshire/Ramsey
Nasri
AA Chamakh Bendtner

would like to see ramsey back in squad and wilshire rest for next week but i feel wilshire have more strength than rambo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:10:19 PM by GunnerStunner »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: March 04, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
Interested in seeing Ramsey play ... word is he was better than Wilshire ... wanna see what he brings.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: March 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »
Interested in seeing Ramsey play ... word is he was better than Wilshire ... wanna see what he brings.

me too sah...bring on rambo

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: March 05, 2011, 10:52:57 AM »
lol  :devil: well done sunderland
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: March 05, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
Hard luck there fellas you all we undone by some excellent goalkeeping and convenient refereeing.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: March 05, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »
Hard luck there fellas you all we undone by some excellent goalkeeping and convenient refereeing.

It's really interesting to see how ref decisions does help Man U whether they playing or not  :-\ Anyways...Arsenal still shoulda at least put away 1 of their many chances.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: March 05, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »

It's really interesting to see how ref decisions does help Man U whether they playing or not  :-\ Anyways...Arsenal still shoulda at least put away 1 of their many chances.

Big Up!

The goal was not offside.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: March 05, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »

Big Up!

I know, plus that was a clear penalty about 5 minutes before that...but say what...that's the way it goes sometimes...Gunner Stunner would come and give his rant about refs in the PL soon  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: March 05, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »

Big Up!

I know, plus that was a clear penalty about 5 minutes before that...but say what...that's the way it goes sometimes...Gunner Stunner would come and give his rant about refs in the PL soon  ;D

Big Up!
Hard luck there Gunners. Well the gap closed, but not to 1 point, unfortunately. 3 points is still 1 game though. I can't really blame the team though, the ref was horrible and Mignolet real save. At least Wellbeck didn't poison we in de closing minutes. Wenger say he disgusted. He damn right!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: March 06, 2011, 01:31:47 AM »

Big Up!

No it wasn't but it was one of those that you can't really blame the linemans as it was so close, could of easily went the other way.  Without the replay I would suspect the fans in line would of been split 50/50 whether it was or not.  Unlike the Cup Final the previous week when the Wigan player was at least 2 yards on side with the official in line, those are the ones I have a problem with as its just down to the official being poor.  During the season you probably get a couple for you and a couple against you when its that close, the rule itself is more stupid and causes more hassle than those decisions imho.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: March 06, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »
Well Arsenal fans..sorry u got thief against Sunderland yesterday....

We did you a favour of beating Manure today.....

Hold your side of the bargain and hope u win the league
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3266 on: March 06, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
No it wasn't but it was one of those that you can't really blame the linemans as it was so close, could of easily went the other way.  Without the replay I would suspect the fans in line would of been split 50/50 whether it was or not.  Unlike the Cup Final the previous week when the Wigan player was at least 2 yards on side with the official in line, those are the ones I have a problem with as its just down to the official being poor.  During the season you probably get a couple for you and a couple against you when its that close, the rule itself is more stupid and causes more hassle than those decisions imho.

I hear you. But you're always going to be upset when the call goes against your team. How close it was doesn't make a difference. Especially under circumstances like yesterday.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: March 06, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »
Hold your side of the bargain and hope u win the league

Yeah, PLEASE!! lesser of two :devil:s kinda ting.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: March 06, 2011, 02:01:40 PM »
Didn't see the game yet bit read that the offsidé goal wasn't offiside and a fair shout for a penalty turned down
Thems the breaks we didn't lose and manu did today so keep on trucking on
Injuries plaguing us still but we keep moving forward
Now off to Barca

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: March 07, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »
so song out cesc 90% egad-o

nerves nerves!

Scheesy