April 19, 2024, 06:29:35 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896277 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3450 on: April 17, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
Today Arsenal were very guilty of trying to walk it into the goal.
That was frustrating to watch.  Shoot de damn ball!
Agreed. Wenger like he forget the plan B they had at the start of 2011.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: April 17, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
a day like today is just to zone out oui...thank god for nba playoffs.  i refuse to let arsenal send my pressure up. 

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:27 PM »
a day like today is just to zone out oui...thank god for nba playoffs.  i refuse to let arsenal send my pressure up. 
It had a game today? Lol
I hear you I not letting this or any football affect my mood too much more important things worry about in life
Haven't watched game but recorded it from all accounts will have to fast forward toll the 90th min

Never giving up on this side but they are turning into professional chokers

The fans booing is understandable but not acceptable

Understandable because the performances they see infront of them doesn't match the rhetoric read on the website from the players and manager
Too many times the fans have seen lackluster performances or deer in headlights when they need to be ruthless killers thirsty for success

And when we read from wenger he would sign up for twenty years of second place I want to vomit
No wonder the players deliver what he preaches
Wenger I think is desperately clinging to a philosphy that needs to be kept but needs some evolutionary tweaking
As for booing it is sad and shouldn't happen but what do the fans have left to show the board the manager and the players that they just aren't listening or doing anything differently?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »
this isn't sour grapes because I have raised this point before but why does FIFA leave time keeping to the reff and 4th official???

Too much room for error and space for accusations of cheating or favoritism

It should be like in basketball the reff only blows a whistle for action on the field period

Refs catch their ass to see everything as the game goes on farless what time it is how much to add etc

Why won't FIFA do they things that will increase integrity to the game?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: April 17, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »
this isn't sour grapes because I have raised this point before but why does FIFA leave time keeping to the reff and 4th official???

It should be like in basketball the reff only blows a whistle for action on the field period

Refs catch their ass to see everything as the game goes on farless what time it is how much to add etc

What exactly are you complaining about?  There were two very long delays caused by injuries to both Carroll and Carragher.  I was actually surprised there wasn't more time added.  Then on top of that you had two more delays in added time... one for Arsenal's penalty and then for the Suarez free kick.  Time keeping definitely wasn't a factor in this game.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: April 17, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »
If people are so dissatisfied and angered with the performances and how the club is run then they should stop going to games. End of story. Booing the team is the same as supporting the opposition. Let those people piss off to Spuds or Manure.

It had a game today? Lol
I hear you I not letting this or any football affect my mood too much more important things worry about in life
Haven't watched game but recorded it from all accounts will have to fast forward toll the 90th min

Never giving up on this side but they are turning into professional chokers

The fans booing is understandable but not acceptable

Understandable because the performances they see infront of them doesn't match the rhetoric read on the website from the players and manager
Too many times the fans have seen lackluster performances or deer in headlights when they need to be ruthless killers thirsty for success

And when we read from wenger he would sign up for twenty years of second place I want to vomit
No wonder the players deliver what he preaches
Wenger I think is desperately clinging to a philosphy that needs to be kept but needs some evolutionary tweaking
As for booing it is sad and shouldn't happen but what do the fans have left to show the board the manager and the players that they just aren't listening or doing anything differently?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: April 17, 2011, 07:43:05 PM »

What exactly are you complaining about?  There were two very long delays caused by injuries to both Carroll and Carragher.  I was actually surprised there wasn't more time added.  Then on top of that you had two more delays in added time... one for Arsenal's penalty and then for the Suarez free kick.  Time keeping definitely wasn't a factor in this game.

sigh  ::)

complaining about timekeeping in general for football games.

this will avoid stupid discussions about how much time should or shouldn't be added etc

take away the timekeeping responsibility of the ref let him focus on the game not a stop watch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: April 17, 2011, 08:06:50 PM »
It can't be too difficult to link the ref's watch with a game clock of some kind. They have radios after all.

sigh  ::)

complaining about timekeeping in general for football games.

this will avoid stupid discussions about how much time should or shouldn't be added etc

take away the timekeeping responsibility of the ref let him focus on the game not a stop watch

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: April 17, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
Couple things I observe about the game today ....
As much as Ebouie piss meh off today I liked his game and I cant fault his effort!
Fabregas head was not in the game .... his game was off disappointingly so.
Van Persie game was off but he never stop trying big ups to him.
The defence look solid!
Heard some fans going after the team but the truth is some of the things I heard I couldn't argue with such as
We dominated possession and yet we wouldn't f**king shoot and I heard fans screaming for them to shoot.
I observed this in this game today and in the last game where Chelsea played Manu .
Most of the premier league teams don't have a winger who can get to the byline to either drill one across or cut it back and that limits the width of the game .... its a natural limitation of your team... tottenham have that kind of balance  man u to an extent but Chelsea doesn't have it there's a big difference trying to hit a Beckham like cross and getting to the byline it makes defending the play fairly predictable if you have strong headers of the ball!
The only person who can cross like Beckham from that area is Beckham people doh understand just how special a player he is to hit those kind of crosses he had ... I've never seen anyone hit those so consistently accurate.
When Walcott comes off we lose width and every one starts to cut in causing congestion and closing up space. Wenger has too many of the similar type players in the wrong positions.
Also there's a certain type of ball Walcott feeds on .... he's not a natural winger if you give him to his feet it doesn't guarantee a cross you gotta play him into the space to run onto and Cesc wasn't doing that ... one of the reasons I knew his game was off

All Manchester united teams one way or the other is based on wingplay .. giggs, kanchelskis, lee sharpe, beckham ..... people always want people to go out and buy  but you need to buy what is needed Arsenal needs width ... balance!
I guess my disappointment with the team is that I know they're so close but def need some pieces added to the puzzle.
We def need to adopt a shoot on site policy.
Eden Hazard ... I dunno he look another arshavin type player ... I not looking for a dancer I need a beat  get to the byline cut it back no bullshit kinda winger.... mentally I didnt see initiative by the senior players except Van P and  Nasri.
Playing bendtner on the wing is a mistake   .... def need to be some changes in the summer ... it's not over but we have to beat ManU and hope somebody else beat them or get maybe two draws .. it'll be very tough.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3459 on: April 18, 2011, 05:24:19 AM »
Couple things I observe about the game today ....
As much as Ebouie piss meh off today I liked his game and I cant fault his effort!
Fabregas head was not in the game .... his game was off disappointingly so.
Van Persie game was off but he never stop trying big ups to him.
The defence look solid!
Heard some fans going after the team but the truth is some of the things I heard I couldn't argue with such as
We dominated possession and yet we wouldn't f**king shoot and I heard fans screaming for them to shoot.
I observed this in this game today and in the last game where Chelsea played Manu .
Most of the premier league teams don't have a winger who can get to the byline to either drill one across or cut it back and that limits the width of the game .... its a natural limitation of your team... tottenham have that kind of balance  man u to an extent but Chelsea doesn't have it there's a big difference trying to hit a Beckham like cross and getting to the byline it makes defending the play fairly predictable if you have strong headers of the ball!
The only person who can cross like Beckham from that area is Beckham people doh understand just how special a player he is to hit those kind of crosses he had ... I've never seen anyone hit those so consistently accurate.
When Walcott comes off we lose width and every one starts to cut in causing congestion and closing up space. Wenger has too many of the similar type players in the wrong positions.
Also there's a certain type of ball Walcott feeds on .... he's not a natural winger if you give him to his feet it doesn't guarantee a cross you gotta play him into the space to run onto and Cesc wasn't doing that ... one of the reasons I knew his game was off

All Manchester united teams one way or the other is based on wingplay .. giggs, kanchelskis, lee sharpe, beckham ..... people always want people to go out and buy  but you need to buy what is needed Arsenal needs width ... balance!
I guess my disappointment with the team is that I know they're so close but def need some pieces added to the puzzle.
We def need to adopt a shoot on site policy.
Eden Hazard ... I dunno he look another arshavin type player ... I not looking for a dancer I need a beat  get to the byline cut it back no bullshit kinda winger.... mentally I didnt see initiative by the senior players except Van P and  Nasri.
Playing bendtner on the wing is a mistake   .... def need to be some changes in the summer ... it's not over but we have to beat ManU and hope somebody else beat them or get maybe two draws .. it'll be very tough.

Couldn’t agree with yuh more Ngozi. Is something I saying about Wenger long time. He has never gone for a winger who does mash line like Ferguson. I think managers have player types that they love and Wenger just loves the classic playmaking midfielder a la Platini

I also think he get spoil by Pires and Ljungberg. He would play them as wide men but they would rarely loop a ball over from the touchline. But they were deadly though, scoring 10-20 goals a season and stretching teams by giving the team an outlet pass on every play before they eventually cut back in to: slide a pass inside the box, outside to the full-back or to hit a bullet. Even Overmars wasn’t a big crosser from wide.

But these current players can’t do that and Wenger buying the same player over and over Hleb, Rosicky, Arshavin and Nasri is the same player, a playmaker. All would be better off playing where Fabregas playing than on the wing. Of the lot Nasri is the most promising because he is the fastest and could dribble so he could kill teams out wide but it is not his best position. Is the same thing with Modric and Krancjar when Redknapp decides to play them wide they will do a decent job because they that good but that is not the best way to use them.

Walcott different because he has the most pace but as a17 year-old he coulda been moled into any type of player and he is becoming more of a Ljungberg that a player who would whip the ball over.

As for Ferguson he had a slavish adherence to a 4-4-2 with wingers mashing line that wasn’t working for a long time because he didn’t have the players. Before he find the Sharpe/Giggs/Kanchelskis combo he had Danny Wallace struggling on the left and Clayton Blackmore, a utility player (imagine John O’Shea with a better first touch) holding it down on the right. And the team was utterly unsucessful until he get the players to fit the system.

Wenger need to find the players to fit his system because bringing on Bendtner to play in Walcott position makes no sense.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: April 18, 2011, 06:41:36 AM »
Arguing about time for me is the least of football worries. Most like it when their teams are behind, when they winning they eh like it.

Stunner have a point it is not hard to rectify, clearly they don't want it done

Arsenal scored in the 96min and if the ref ran longer than 8min then Arsenal also had the same added time to add to the score line.
The fact is Arsenal panic caused the outcome.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3461 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
Arguing about time for me is the least of football worries. Most like it when their teams are behind, when they winning they eh like it.

Stunner have a point it is not hard to rectify, clearly they don't want it done

Arsenal scored in the 96min and if the ref ran longer than 8min then Arsenal also had the same added time to add to the score line.
The fact is Arsenal panic caused the outcome.

a breakdown on how the time went from The Sun via The Guardian.

If he's seen the game again, or read this morning's Sun, he should know by now. The tabloid examines the period in forensic detail: one minute and three seconds elapsed between Liverpool conceding the penalty and Arsenal scoring it, and Van Persie's celebration – for which he was booked – lasted a further 46 seconds.

Clearly, though, Dirk Kuyt was expecting the worst when he launched an optimistic shot direct from the subsequent kick-off. But those delays gave Liverpool enough time to win a free-kick on the edge of Arsenal's penalty area, which was awarded after 8mins 45sec of stoppage time. Mainly because of the time Arsenal took to retreat 10 yards, it took a full two minutes before Luis Suárez took his shot. Five seconds after that Lucas Leiva tumbled under Emmanuel Eboué's challenge and another penalty was awarded. In all, The Sun calculated that just 4mins 49secs of actual football was played between the end of the 90th minute and the final whistle.

According to Fifa's Law 7, which covers the duration of a match, "the announcement of the additional time does not indicate the exact amount of time left in the match. The time may be increased if the referee considers it appropriate but never reduced."

It's understandable if Wenger is flabbergasted that his side found yet another novel way of not winning a match, but this is one whinge too many.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: April 18, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »
No matter how much time was put on the clock, Eboue had no excuse for bundling over a player who was running away from goal and posed no threat what so ever....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:38 AM »
In football today I have realized that if you don't go to the ground you don't get the call.  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Agreed. Sad to see an experienced player making such a stupid mistake. Problem is, Arsenal should have been leading that game at half time but the attack is misfiring badly. Defensively the team has been very solid, but the cutting edge just isn't there. They increasingly face deep, well organised  defences and are missing the extra edge. If you look at Arsenal's games in the early part of the season, where are Nasri's quick one-twos on the edge of the box? Where are Song's late runs from deep? Where are Walcott's dashes into the opposition's left hand channel? This is how Arsenal was able to crack open deep defences at the turn of the year and now it looks as if they have forgotten how.

No matter how much time was put on the clock, Eboue had no excuse for bundling over a player who was running away from goal and posed no threat what so ever....

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: April 18, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
Agreed. Sad to see an experienced player making such a stupid mistake. Problem is, Arsenal should have been leading that game at half time but the attack is misfiring badly. Defensively the team has been very solid, but the cutting edge just isn't there. They increasingly face deep, well organised  defences and are missing the extra edge. If you look at Arsenal's games in the early part of the season, where are Nasri's quick one-twos on the edge of the box? Where are Song's late runs from deep? Where are Walcott's dashes into the opposition's left hand channel? This is how Arsenal was able to crack open deep defences at the turn of the year and now it looks as if they have forgotten how.

we will see dem plays from Aug - Jan in the 2011-2012 season...this team not ready mentally...and as for yuh coach...he should fall on he sword...he has no pressure to win...p.s. thanks for the title  :devil: :devil: :devil:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: April 18, 2011, 11:12:19 AM »
We'll see. Arsenal have made it very tough for themsselves but a true fan doesn't give up on his side till it over. We need some favours though, so will be looking for Chelsea and others to help us out. Until then.

I don't see how failure to use proven tactics is a weakness of mentality though. That "mental strength" rubbish is just to sell papers and make it look like football commentators know what they talking about when in fact most of them don't. If you need someone to "motivate" or "inspire" you then you shouldn't be there.

we will see dem plays from Aug - Jan in the 2011-2012 season...this team not ready mentally...and as for yuh coach...he should fall on he sword...he has no pressure to win...p.s. thanks for the title  :devil: :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:15:46 PM by dansteel »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: April 18, 2011, 05:15:29 PM »
...after just watching the replay again, men really being hard on eboue for nutting.  Lucas outsmart everybody.  The two players turned to go after the ball taking slightly separate paths towards it....Lucas then ran into eboue (almost takin' a step backward and all) and initiated the contact.....and dove on the ground. Again, hard luck arsenal. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
...after just watching the replay again, men really being hard on eboue for nutting.  Lucas outsmart everybody.  The two players turned to go after the ball taking slightly separate paths towards it....Lucas then ran into eboue (almost takin' a step backward and all) and initiated the contact.....and dove on the ground. Again, hard luck arsenal. 

Agreed.  He then reached up with his invisible third hand and pulled Eboue onto him as he lay on the ground.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 18, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
Maybe so, it would be easier to take, but Eboue shoulda know better than to get so tight to him. Not like de man is a babe in de woods. He start in a Champions League final defending against Ronaldinho for God's sake! He still do tootoo!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 18, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »

I saw that in the replay. When Lucas saw Eboue attacking the ball his first step was actually into Eboue's path and Lucas stopped suddenly. The contact was minimal, in short he conned the referee.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 18, 2011, 05:48:27 PM »

I saw that in the replay. When Lucas saw Eboue attacking the ball his first step was actually into Eboue's path and Lucas stopped suddenly. The contact was minimal, in short he conned the referee.

"I saw that in the replay.  When Fabregas realized he had Spearing on his back his first step was actually to the right, into Spearing's path and Fabregas left is right leg there inviting contact.  The contact was minimal but Fabregas did a full pirouette into the ground.  In short he conned the referee into thinking there was more contact than there actually was."

------------------------

btw, ah just finish de book... boss read!!  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: April 18, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »

"I saw that in the replay.  When Fabregas realized he had Spearing on his back his first step was actually to the right, into Spearing's path and Fabregas left is right leg there inviting contact.  The contact was minimal but Fabregas did a full pirouette into the ground.  In short he conned the referee into thinking there was more contact than there actually was."

------------------------

btw, ah just finish de book... boss read!!  :beermug:

yep! As Vialli said in his "Italian job" It is the job of the referee to make the correct decision, the defender is a fool for being conned. :D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 18, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »
Maybe so, it would be easier to take, but Eboue shoulda know better than to get so tight to him. Not like de man is a babe in de woods. He start in a Champions League final defending against Ronaldinho for God's sake! He still do tootoo!

Eboue only end up tight on him because Lucas is the one that ran into eboue, Jed.  Initially he wasn't as tight on him as it seems.   The game is being replayed in its entirety on FSC right now...you could look and see fuh yuh self in about an hour and 40 mins.....and also, unlike as king jackass is saying, fabregas didn't position himself to initiate contact.  he had to slow himself down to wait for the ball and the fool from liverpool kicked him.  That was a clear penalty.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #3474 on: April 18, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
Fergie time was in play in honor of him being at the match! ;D

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 18, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »
I watch the Ebouie tackle again .. stupidity to the tenth power!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 19, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »

Lucas bought the contact but Eboue was a little too eager. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 19, 2011, 02:40:15 PM »
I doh know why United keep teasing allyuh so...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 19, 2011, 03:12:19 PM »

Eboue only end up tight on him because Lucas is the one that ran into eboue, Jed.  Initially he wasn't as tight on him as it seems.   The game is being replayed in its entirety on FSC right now...you could look and see fuh yuh self in about an hour and 40 mins.....and also, unlike as king jackass is saying, fabregas didn't position himself to initiate contact.  he had to slow himself down to wait for the ball and the fool from liverpool kicked him.  That was a clear penalty.
over complicating it, look at it again i have an dcesc is turning between two defenders and was tripped when the one behind stuck his leg between cescs legs
cesc wasnt looking for a penalty but he got one

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »
I doh know why United keep teasing allyuh so...
will se if they teasing after tomorrows game and the game after that and that and that and that .....

ppl saying key games are manu arsenal n chelsea manu but key games for arsenal is every last one then when the dust settles see where we stand amongst the rest

1]; } ?>