June 17, 2024, 01:43:43 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 922673 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3570 on: May 04, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »

So we facing stoke away on Sunday, but if Chelski don't beat manu it won't mean much other than trying to fight for 2nd but most likely 3rd

Stoke are no walk over team

This will be a game where we must not falter or waver

We need our defense solid on set pieces

Our forwards lethal with each attack

And our midfield keeping the ball winning the ball back and dictating the game

This season I have seen is win the games that don't really matter and choke on the ones that do

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: May 04, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »

So we facing stoke away on Sunday, but if Chelski don't beat manu it won't mean much other than trying to fight for 2nd but most likely 3rd

Stoke are no walk over team

This will be a game where we must not falter or waver

We need our defense solid on set pieces

Our forwards lethal with each attack

And our midfield keeping the ball winning the ball back and dictating the game

This season I have seen is win the games that don't really matter and choke on the ones that do

Yuh mean yuh not backing KJ?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: May 05, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »
Steupse

He could score one

But we have to score 7
Think I backed Yorke when he played vs Arsenal?

Or Stern

Or Shaka?

Or Scotland?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 07:12:27 AM by GunnerStunner »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »
Jones !!!!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #3574 on: May 08, 2011, 07:41:54 AM »
Jones !!!!

Now remember behave if Arsenal doesn't get the result; no gloating, because we still have to play and no need to jumbie our side!  :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3575 on: May 08, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »

Watch Delap throw ins

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: May 08, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
Djourou retarded twin brother get a start today. WTF wrong wit dis man? Since he come back from injury he only pulling stones! Before then he was keeping man like Drogba in he back pocket. 3 mistakes, 3 goals. Like he forget how to defend.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: May 08, 2011, 11:49:06 AM »
Shit side.  Gibbs actually ducked from the cross that Jones scored. 
That is ting to get yuh fired.

giggsy11

« Reply #3578 on: May 08, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
Djourou retarded twin brother get a start today. WTF wrong wit dis man? Since he come back from injury he only pulling stones! Before then he was keeping man like Drogba in he back pocket. 3 mistakes, 3 goals. Like he forget how to defend.

Allyuh can have Johnny Evans!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: May 08, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »

Hahaha. Nah boy! Evans? Talk about backward step.

Congrats to your side. They didn't even need Howard Webb dis rounds.  :applause:

giggsy11

« Reply #3580 on: May 08, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »

Congrats to your side. They didn't even need Howard Webb dis rounds.  :applause:

Thank you- hanging in there I am sure you guys will make some positive chages this off season. :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: May 08, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
what i dont understand about arsenal is how they are so inconsistent. One game they play good ball. Then the next game is like a totally different team on the field. Is that a mental issue or something?   
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: May 08, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
We go see. I feel dis is Wenger last chance to win something. He suck salt for 5 years with the stadium debt and this year was supposed to be it. All it prove is the team good but not good enough. They need another big striker, defensive midfielder and a centre back. Can't be only relying on van Persie to pull a rabbit out of his hat, as good as he is. Song have no respectable backup and the best defender miss the whole season. I always had faith in Wenger who build a good team from almost nothing twice now but if he doh sign some top talent this summer I will join the Wenger out brigade.

Thank you- hanging in there I am sure you guys will make some positive chages this off season. :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: May 08, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
what i dont understand about arsenal is how they are so inconsistent. One game they play good ball. Then the next game is like a totally different team on the field. Is that a mental issue or something?   

same problem with WI.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: May 09, 2011, 06:52:04 AM »

its a bit of that and a bit of not having enough of the get the job done mentality

look at champions in any sport they have that aura not talking about swagger

i am talking about consistency and being able to do the simple things consistently better than everyone else

that is what makes champions exceptional

will never forget even before martins got to the ball and scored in the carling cup final, my heart sank and saw th erest of the season flash away before my eyes. i knew right then the season was over

it set in game after game of choiking when it matters

if arsne doesnt seriously sit down and make changes (that includes kicking ppl up the backside)

then he is the manegarial equivalent of the emperors new clothes

i wait to see what happens this summer, as always i doubt there will be many changes and surprised if any at are made

even before a ball is kicked next season i can probably tell if we have it in us to win it

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: May 10, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »
so it seems bendtner is the first looking to jump ship ???

or maybe push others overboard?

saying he doesnt like the position he is playing in and is not satisfied and says in a dream world he would play for barcelona?

or be a sulk and stay and make other strikers move on?

ride the eff out nikolas and take yuh pink shoes with you
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:15:21 PM by GunnerStunner »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 10, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
Like he could ever make Barca side wit dat first touch! Sell him and get a strong, pacy striker I say!

saying he doesnt like the position he is playing in and is not satisfied and says in a dream world he woul dplay for barcelona?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 10, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »

saying he doesnt like the position he is playing in and is not satisfied and says in a dream world he would play for barcelona?

He did say dream world  ;D I could just see Pep reading his comments and running to the bank machine with his bank card  ::)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 10, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »

He did say dream world  ;D I could just see Pep reading his comments and running to the bank machine with his bank card  ::)
bank card or food stamps?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 10, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »
Whatever yes! Bayern were supposed to be interested in him last summer, let dem take him. We can't be challenging for top honours with only one world class striker who injured half the season.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 10, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »
well two games left

villa and fulham

certainly no walkovers here

we need to win them to keep 3rd place after spurs failed to keep thier dreams alive against citeh

well onto the next game

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:50 PM »
Fergie - I was almost a Gunner

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he turned down the chance to be Arsenal manager just months before taking charge at Manchester United.

The Gunners post was offered to him early in 1986, and the former Scotland boss was keen to take compatriot Walter Smith to North London with him.

But Scotland's World Cup campaign in Mexico that year meant the proposed Arsenal switch fell through.

Ferguson made the revelations in Tuesday night's match programme for Rangers' Scottish Premier League clash against Dundee United - manager Smith's last match in charge at Ibrox.

Ferguson said: "I was offered the Arsenal job and I wanted to take Walter with me.

"I thought I would sound him out when we were on Scotland duty together. We were going to play in Israel and I didn't know that Walter was going to Rangers at that time.

"I told him that I had been offered the chance to go to Arsenal and I asked him what he thought. He was positive about it, saying they were a big club and that kind of thing.

"So I said to him 'Do you fancy coming with me?' Then he dropped the bombshell that he was going to Rangers.

"The thing about the Arsenal offer was that they wanted an answer right away but I couldn't give them one because I was going to the World Cup in Mexico with Scotland.

"So the Arsenal thing fell by the wayside. Walter went to Rangers and then later that year I went to Manchester United. "

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
wow, fergie dodged a bullet there  :devil:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Hah! If he'd had the success at Arsenal that he had at United then everyone would be a Gooner. We doh need no bandwagonists. Leave that for the other teams, we prefer real fans. Let Chelsea and United take all the frauds.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: May 11, 2011, 05:34:12 AM »
Ent! Don't forget the classless too! Can't even win with grace tsk tsk what woupd sir bobby charlton think?

Btw I met him, nice proper gentleman

Hah! If he'd had the success at Arsenal that he had at United then everyone would be a Gooner. We doh need no bandwagonists. Leave that for the other teams, we prefer real fans. Let Chelsea and United take all the frauds.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: May 11, 2011, 06:45:14 AM »

I dot think u guys will ever have a problem with ppl jumping on your band wagon. As a matter of fact, just yesterday a particular gooner jumping on liverpool bandwagon to dethrone Utd next year. typical.
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: May 11, 2011, 06:53:55 AM »

I dot think u guys will ever have a problem with ppl jumping on your band wagon. As a matter of fact, just yesterday a particular gooner jumping on liverpool bandwagon to dethrone Utd next year. typical.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Good politics.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: May 11, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »
Good article on B-52 from Gunnerblog:

Nicklas Bendtner: a perfectly good square peg in a highly unsuitable round hole
May 11th, 2011 02:43pm

http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2815

Nicklas Bendtner has always been a divisive figure at Arsenal. For some fans, he represents a much-needed Plan B: powerfully built and good in the air, he provides an antidote to the tippy-tappy build-up we occasionally over-indulge in; a bulldozer in the box.

For others, he represents all that’s wrong with this Arsenal side: over-confident and seemingly lazy, his occasional outbursts in the press suggest a young man who would be better served by showing some humility and making the most of his limited ability.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. I think those who call Bendtner lazy are making a misjudgment. His bulk means that he’s never going to scamper about the pitch like a more sprightly player. However, he does get through a shift, especially when asked to play wide. Not many centre-forwards would chase back to support a full-back as often as Bendtner does.

When played through the middle, his ‘laziness’ is a misdiagnosis of something we rarely see at Arsenal: a desire to remain a focal point of the attack in and around the box.

We have, of course, already stumbled upon the principle problem with Bendtner: his deployment in the wide positions, to which he is plainly unsuited. In fact, it’s one of the main reasons that the big man could be on the move this summer. Speaking to Danish TV station TV2, he said:

“I need to have a talk with him [Wenger] because I’m not satisfied with playing on the right wing, which I’ve done more or less all season long.

I’m concentrating on getting our Champions League place and then we’ll do the evaluation at the end of the season.

It’s certainly not the best thing for me but it’s not up to me and sometimes you have to adapt to what the manager says.”

It’s unclear as to why Arsene chooses to play Bendtner wide. It doesn’t seem to be part of a developmental plan, as with Theo Walcott. Arsene is still insistent Theo will end up as a striker, and that playing on the wing is in part a ploy to teach him aspects of the game which will benefit him when he emerges from his right-flank cocoon as a serviceable centre-forward.

Bendtner, however, is a pure box player. He doesn’t have the pace to beat a man. He doesn’t have the skill to outfox a defender. What he does have is the power and presence to make a nuisance of himself and get on the end of crosses. That is his game. Relative to the rest of the squad, he lacks finesse. He is, whatever he may think, more Andy Carroll than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

That’s not to say he lacks ability. I’m always surprised that Bendtner is considered a bit of a joke by so many fans both within and outside the club. Perhaps that’s due to a couple of high profile misses, but his goalscoring record generally speaks for itself. Even this season, when he has struggled for form and fitness, he is a goal away from double figures. And that’s having made just 14 starts.

So why does he find himself continually out of position? Simple: there are better players ahead of him. Many scoffed when Arsene identified Robin van Persie as the man to fill the lone striker role, but he has shown he has the ability to be devastatingly effective in that position. Crucially, he also has the immaculate first touch required to bring other players in to the game. Bendtner doesn’t, and our passing game can occasionally break down when he is employed as the focal point of the attack.

Essentially, he’s a square peg in a round hole. He’s a centre-forward in a team who doesn’t really cross the ball. And when they do cross it, it’s the 6’3” Bendtner doing the crossing. Deploying him on the flank might make sense if we were to launch raking cross-field passes on to his head. But that just isn’t our game.

For his own sake, it may well be time to move on. For Arsenal too, it makes sense. At 23, Bendtner is still a promising international striker who could command a decent fee. With Marouane Chamakh now in the squad, we have another striker who can be a threat in the air. We might be better off replacing Bendtner with a pacy forward who can run the channels - and, if really necessary, play wide.

Bendtner says if he could choose where to go it’d be Barcelona. I’d like to play for them too, mate, but it doesn’t make it any more likely to happen. If he wants to fulfill his potential - and, if you listen to him, he’s got plenty of it - he needs to go to a club where he’ll play regularly. I can see him doing well in the Bundesliga, or at a mid-level Premier League club like Newcastle, who certainly need a new number nine.

Bendtner has the kind of personality that will enjoy proving his critics wrong, and I don’t doubt he’s capable of it. Just perhaps not at Arsenal. And certainly not on the wing.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT
« Reply #3598 on: May 11, 2011, 09:27:20 AM »
maybe changing the thread might lift the jinx i seemed to have placed on the gunners 6 years ago prediciting they would win the league

yes at this point i trying anything

i fedex some horse placenta to the forum mods for them to rub it on the server and see if that helps

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT
« Reply #3599 on: May 11, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »
This goes out to all bandwagonistas out there in trinbago!

when arsenal win things next season doh play yuh wasn't crying us down during summer!

allez! allez! wenger!

LOL
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>