April 27, 2024, 12:18:00 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 900116 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #3900 on: July 15, 2011, 07:22:45 AM »
Anybody been watching Joel Campbell (Costa Rican striker) at the Copa America? Apparently Arsenal is trying to sign him from Saprissa.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: July 15, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »
Do we need another striker? I think one or two should be sold if we are gonna get another one. also we need to drop squill and denilson just so we can save on wages

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: July 15, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
Do we need another striker? I think one or two should be sold if we are gonna get another one. also we need to drop squill and denilson just so we can save on wages

He's 19 and coming from Saprissa (all due respect) so unless he's a serious beast then he'll probably go out on loan. They not dropping Squillaci after 1 season. Denilson we will have to see but I think that is going to go until late in the window as we will accept a lower transfer fee the closer it gets to deadline day and every club in the world knows it.

I don't know if Gervinho is supposed to be a "big" striker or a winger but I think we do need another striker. As I keep saying, Arsenal is the only big club in Europe with only one brand name striker. And when the end of season slump started (in fact for most of it), Arsenal's problem wasn't its defence, it was scoring goals. How else do you explain going undefeated in the league for so long yet not winning a game? More penetration is needed, which means a top striker or a better Plan B. Judging from Chamakh's performance in Malaysia he is still not the man for it.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: July 15, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »

He's 19 and coming from Saprissa (all due respect) so unless he's a serious beast then he'll probably go out on loan. They not dropping Squillaci after 1 season. Denilson we will have to see but I think that is going to go until late in the window as we will accept a lower transfer fee the closer it gets to deadline day and every club in the world knows it.

I don't know if Gervinho is supposed to be a "big" striker or a winger but I think we do need another striker. As I keep saying, Arsenal is the only big club in Europe with only one brand name striker. And when the end of season slump started (in fact for most of it), Arsenal's problem wasn't its defence, it was scoring goals. How else do you explain going undefeated in the league for so long yet not winning a game? More penetration is needed, which means a top striker or a better Plan B. Judging from Chamakh's performance in Malaysia he is still not the man for it.

Chicharito supposedly get drop at Chivas and wasn't doing too much either but look at him now in his first season.... look at Wilshire and even mayaichi..... where you come from doesnt determine where you going or where you end up!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »

Chicharito supposedly get drop at Chivas and wasn't doing too much either but look at him now in his first season.... look at Wilshire and even mayaichi..... where you come from doesnt determine where you going or where you end up!

I didn't mean that he not good. I meant that unless he was exceptional I didn't think he was going straight into the first team. Who knows. I never even hear bout him until this morning.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: July 15, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »

who are the strikers?   rvp, chamakh.   walcott go still be on the wing b/c of his pace.  gervinho is a winger/forward.   

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: July 18, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »
I hope they loan out Denilshittyson for the reat of his career let everyone else pay his non tracking back ass salary

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: July 18, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »
I hope they loan out Denilshittyson for the reat of his career let everyone else pay his non tracking back ass salary
He is gone on a season long loan to Sao Paulo.

Anyone know if Kyle Bartley is supposed to figure in Arsenal's plans this season? He would have gotten some good exposure playing for Rangers in the SPL and Europa League, although I have only seen youtube clips of him. I say let him push Squillaci down the depth chart.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: July 18, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »
No clue but I hope denilson never wears an arsenal shirt again especially after his press conference near end of season

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: July 18, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »

Men on contract ....... yuh cyah just drop men just so

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: July 19, 2011, 05:45:23 AM »
I know which is why we couldn't sell the f**ker, teams interested in him he didn't want to go because of his ambition. Selling a player needs two key parts one a fee the club accepts and two if the player accepts the transfer. So in other words no deal could be made and he is off on a sabbatical in brazil. At least we don't have to pay him next season, now for rosicky and diaby to go out on loan.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: July 19, 2011, 06:45:58 AM »
Apparently Arsenal pull out of the Joel Campbell deal. Details fuzzy.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: July 19, 2011, 06:51:06 AM »
'We're not finished in transfer market yet'

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-re-not-finished-in-transfer-market-yet-

By Richard Clarke

Ivan Gazidis says Arsenal have not yet finished their transfer activity this summer and have “substantial” funds to invest.

The Club’s Chief Executive Officer fully expects Arsène Wenger to add to the purchase of Carl Jenkinson and Gervinho. But, he commented, they would keep their targets under wraps.

"We still will be active in this window,” said Mr Gazidis. “We haven't finished our business at all. We're just not conducting it publicly; we're working hard privately.

“I'm was out in Asia because I could be with Arsène for an extended period of time and think very, very carefully about strategy and targets.

“We understand where the weaknesses have been. Financially we're in a strong position, we have resources to spend. We're certainly not sitting there saying ‘let's hold back on our resources’ for some reason, why would we?

“The resources are there. We've got a substantial amount of money that we can invest. The important thing for us, which can be frustrating, is not doing it only in response to a public clamour but in a way that can positively impact our performance next year. That's the focus now.”

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: July 19, 2011, 06:55:59 AM »
Bartley - I’m ready for the first team now

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/bartley-i-m-ready-for-the-first-team-now

By Giuseppe Muro

Kyle Bartley says he is ready to break into the Arsenal first team this season after making giant strides during his time at Rangers.

The commanding central defender was on the fringes of Arsène Wenger’s squad last summer but the manager decided another loan spell would be best for his development. Bartley headed to Sheffield United before making the switch to Rangers, where he excelled as the Scottish giants secured a League and Cup Double.

Now, after fine-tuning his game and learning a thing or two in the high-pressure environment of Ibrox, Bartley feels he has what it takes to be an Arsenal player.

“If I’m honest, I don’t think I was anywhere near the level to play for Arsenal last season,” he told Arsenal.com. “But I’ve come back, I feel really strong and I feel that I am ready now.

“I learned the demands of being at a top football club who are trying to win things and how important it is to be a champion and a winner. Every time you step on the pitch, you are going out there to win so there is a lot of pressure on you.

“I think I can offer something else [because] I am a little bit different to the other centre backs. I like the physical side of the game and I see myself as a leader. If Arsène decides that he wants me in the first team then that will be fantastic.”

Bartley wasn’t part of the squad that travelled to Asia because he had not fully recovered from a medial ligament injury sustained while north of the border.

He will link up with the first-team squad when they return to training on Tuesday and the 19-year-old is hoping to catch his manager’s eye ahead of this week’s trip to Germany.

“I spoke to the boss on the Friday before they left [for Asia] and he told me that they had four centre backs [going on the tour] and obviously I wasn’t fully over my injury yet. It’s just one of those things.

“It was always the aim to get back for the start of pre-season because it’s an important time of the year. I will be back with them on Tuesday when they are back in training with a view to going to Germany with them.

“He has said he doesn’t want me going on loan yet and he hasn’t made his mind up. My hopes are the same as every year, to be an Arsenal first-team player. Hopefully, this year, that will happen.”

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: July 19, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »
So, watched the Hangzhou Greentown game last night. Nice to see Arsenal still plays the high defensive line without the midfielders pressing the ball. If they expect to win titles without doing that Wenger's gone next summer.

Oh yeah and Squillaci is still toots.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:29:46 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »
When will wenger n gazidis quit the rhetoric?? If we win anything they will be vindicated if they don't they will carry on saying "wait for it" I will wait till window closes...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 19, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
When will wenger n gazidis quit the rhetoric?? If we win anything they will be vindicated if they don't they will carry on saying "wait for it" I will wait till window closes...

Isn't that the point though?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: July 19, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »
im in a quandry. based on the last 6 years i want them gone, i want change, i want proof of success (more than fiscal) i want clear signs of ambition not survival at the top
nothing we do makes the cream of the crop players want to come us.
if we are al;ways second best we will always attract second best. if chelski n city never got the cash steriods they got wenger policy would have worked  ans titles swung between arsenal and manu instead we feel behind barely keeping pace and never making the podium

significant and last positive change is needed desperately

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: July 19, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
im in a quandry. based on the last 6 years i want them gone, i want change, i want proof of success (more than fiscal) i want clear signs of ambition not survival at the top
if we are al;ways second best we will always attract second best. if chelski n city never got the cash steriods they got wenger policy would have worked  ans titles swung between arsenal and manu instead we feel behind barely keeping pace and never making the podium

lol, yall need to keep quiet and focus on qualifying for champs league this year

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:58 PM »

The last "cream of the crop" players Arsenal signed were Bergy and Overmars. Henry was a backup winger at Juve, Vieira was a reserve player at AC Milan. Pires and Freddie were promising young wingers at Halmstad and OM. More steel in defensive midfield and attacking variation are what is needed.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: July 19, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »
Frank? Effin ribery? Wtf?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3921 on: July 20, 2011, 02:49:21 AM »

The last "cream of the crop" players Arsenal signed were Bergy and Overmars. Henry was a backup winger at Juve, Vieira was a reserve player at AC Milan. Pires and Freddie were promising young wingers at Halmstad and OM. More steel in defensive midfield and attacking variation are what is needed.

Allyuh men real don't like Arshavin boy. Allyuh do a Jedi mind truck to wipe the man from existence.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: July 20, 2011, 07:31:28 AM »

Allyuh men real don't like Arshavin boy. Allyuh do a Jedi mind truck to wipe the man from existence.
Hahaha. Arsha is a big player, but I wouldn't call him a superstar. He was Arsenal record transfer fee though. Maybe if he was behind the striker he woulda be blowing up.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 20, 2011, 07:32:27 AM »
in times like these it real hard to back players who not producing

to be honest he is a magical luxury we cant afford these days we need results and consistency when that happens then aplayer like him can express himself.

waiting till emirates cup and a few more preseason games.

this shize better stop stumbling and start winning

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 20, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
in times like these it real hard to back players who not producing

to be honest he is a magical luxury we cant afford these days we need results and consistency when that happens then aplayer like him can express himself.

waiting till emirates cup and a few more preseason games.

this shize better stop stumbling and start winning
He led the team in assists (11) tied with Fabregas.Tied for third in the league. In my opinion he should be playing in Cesc spot and Fabregas deeper. Like Iniesta and Xavi, or Kaka and Pirlo when Milan was good. He is wasted on the wing and still doing a respectable job. I keep saying, look at his UEFA Cup games for Zenit and how he destroy Holland at Euro 2008.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: July 20, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »

rsenal so much like players that he got expeled onto the wing  just like Nasri!!

Hahaha. Arsha is a big player, but I wouldn't call him a superstar. He was Arsenal record transfer fee though. Maybe if he was behind the striker he woulda be blowing up.

That is his role pretty much but when he came to Arsenal he got expelled off onto the wing just like nasri... which is why yuh cyah just buy because a man good yuh have to buy for what you need we need a left winger...another finisher and a defense man ... I

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: July 20, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »

rsenal so much like players that he got expeled onto the wing  just like Nasri!!

That is his role pretty much but when he came to Arsenal he got expelled off onto the wing just like nasri... which is why yuh cyah just buy because a man good yuh have to buy for what you need we need a left winger...another finisher and a defense man ... I

They were designing the side around Fabregas as a trequartista. I think he has shown that he is also effective as a Regista this season. Problem is that could mean Wilshere benching more when he needs to push on this year. But then Arsenal already have too many creative attacking midfielders right now. They need proper wingers and a defensive midfielder.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: July 21, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
I am sick of the lack off respect arsenal is shown! Everton want 20mil for phil jag, bolyton want 17 for cahill, yet city get clichy for 7??? Wtf anyone we look at price doubles ah sick of it sick fed up vex mad!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: July 21, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
I am sick of the lack off respect arsenal is shown! Everton want 20mil for phil jag, bolyton want 17 for cahill, yet city get clichy for 7??? Wtf anyone we look at price doubles ah sick of it sick fed up vex mad!

Bolton dreaming. Jagielka is better than Cahill and has a nex 3-4 years on his contact (he signed an extension in March). Plus he English and a senior international. Look United just pay 20 for a Under 21 England international with hardly any experience. Clichy is not English, both he and Arsenal wanted to part ways and he had 1 year on his deal left. Sure Jag overpriced (cahill even more so) but in this market that is actually a decent price. Plus they both far better than any of our defenders at set pieces (except maybe Vermaelen) and not very far behind them in defending from open play. I say pay it and done yes. I prefer Jagielka though.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:38 PM »

So true, but it's up to Arsenal to demand respect.  Clichy could easily fetch 12-15 if not more.  Wenger too soft.

1]; } ?>