March 28, 2024, 06:35:53 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891795 times)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #3960 on: July 28, 2011, 11:45:39 AM »
Where d defensive signing wenger? Yuh have these fellas on this forum thinking about more forwards n mid fielders! We need a solid defensive core
You feel he have we to study? The man say he looking for a defensive signing and the transfer window still have a month to run. Arsenal really only need a centre back with good aerial and clearing ability. Honestly I more worried about no left winger. And of course if Frimpong can back up Alex Song.

You have so much faith in Frimpong? I worried about that position too.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: July 28, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
Frimpong cut from the same cloth as jack but with more muscle

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: July 28, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
Two solid signings so far going after a third and he will def bring in a defendsr ... things not looking as bad as they seem!!

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: July 28, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »
Where d defensive signing wenger? Yuh have these fellas on this forum thinking about more forwards n mid fielders! We need a solid defensive core
You feel he have we to study? The man say he looking for a defensive signing and the transfer window still have a month to run. Arsenal really only need a centre back with good aerial and clearing ability. Honestly I more worried about no left winger. And of course if Frimpong can back up Alex Song.

You have so much faith in Frimpong? I worried about that position too.
I don't have that much faith in him. I said IF he can back up Song. He looked good in a couple preseason games is all. But what Arshavin was saying about pressing in midfield is correct. They need to do much more of it and then there won't be nearly as much need for a pure defensive midfielder as a lot of the pressure will be taken off Song's position. Look at Busquets, he is no big tackler but he is one of the best holding midfielders in the world. Song and Frimpong are tacklers. If Arsenal can press in midfield consistently the way they did in the Chelsea game over the Xmas holidays they will be VERY hard to beat.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:29:54 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: July 29, 2011, 06:03:20 AM »
Rumor mill working over time, juan mata for 24mil phil jag 15mil joel campbell 10mil and telling barca cough up or wank off
Really looking forward to emirates cup

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: July 29, 2011, 08:09:52 AM »
Diaby out for 10 weeks after ankle surgery. Seriously, what does this guy do besides getting injured and pissing away his talent? Sell him Wenger, he had his chance.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:15:53 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: July 29, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby sidelined for 10 weeks

Abou Diaby Diaby played 20 times for Arsenal last season

Midfielder Abou Diaby will miss the start of Arsenal's season after having ankle surgery during the summer.

Diaby, 25, has been troubled by the injury since the end of last season and was absent from the club's summer tour of Asia and a training camp in Germany.

Manager Arsene Wenger expects Diaby to miss league matches against Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United.

"Normally he should be back eight to 10 weeks after his surgery, which means the end of August," said Wenger.
DID YOU KNOW?
Continue reading the main story

Both Abou Diaby's goals for Arsenal last season came against Blackpool

Arsenal travel to Tyneside for their Premier League opener on 13 August, before a home match against Liverpool on 20 August and a visit to Old Trafford on 28 August.

After taking only five points from their last six games last season, which saw them slip down to fourth place after being well-placed for a title challenge, Arsenal also face a two-legged play-off to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League.

Diaby will also miss those matches, against as-yet-unknown opposition, on 16 or 17 August and 23 or 24 August.

The Frenchman's absence for a tricky start to the Gunners' league programme will be exacerbated by Denilson's departure to Sao Paulo on loan.
ARSENAL'S SENIOR MIDFIELDERS
Continue reading the main story

Cesc Fabregas
    Abou Diaby
    Tomas Rosicky
    Samir Nasri
    Aaron Ramsey
    Alex Song
    Jack Wilshere
    Andrey Arshavin
    Emmanuel Eboue

The situation could get even worse for Wenger with the possible loss of further midfield personnel before the close of the transfer window.

The future of captain Cesc Fabregas, a long-time Barcelona target, is still uncertain while Samir Nasri has been linked with a move to either Manchester United or Manchester City.

And occasional winger Theo Walcott has been sent home from Germany for a scan in an attempt to clear up a recurring ankle problem while 19-year-old Conor Henderson has been ruled out for the first six months of the season with a knee injury.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: July 29, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
Diaby to me serves no purpose on the team he is always injured and any hope of him becoming Patrick Viera is ridiculous ... also this Jagielka guy I'm not sold on him.. !!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: July 29, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »
How arsenal players does get injured so? Dasheen eh part of dey diet or wha?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: July 29, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
Soccernet last 2 seasons:
Iniesta: 69 App.........10 goals.....14 assists
Xavi: 82 App..............9 goals.....27 assists
Cesc: 60 App............25 goals....28 assists

Pay the money Barca!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: July 30, 2011, 07:28:55 AM »
How arsenal players does get injured so? Dasheen eh part of dey diet or wha?

maybe they need to examine the training regimen

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: July 30, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
What is the score in d emirates cup games?

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: July 30, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »
Big steupse! 2 nil lead given up end 2-2 wtf same effin khaki pants

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: July 30, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »
Why Squillaci does sh*t dong heself regular so? Yuh just never know what coming next wit dat clown. Djourou did crap too with the second Boca goal but in his case is more of a hard luck, although he shoulda trap the ball.

Arsenal really need a signing to push Squillaci down the depth chart.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: July 30, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »
A brethrin show me dis...and I had to laugh.

http://goonerproblems.tumblr.com/

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: July 30, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »
A brethrin show me dis...and I had to laugh.

http://goonerproblems.tumblr.com/
:rotfl:
If yuh doh laugh yuh go cry oui!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: July 31, 2011, 06:00:45 AM »
lol jeez

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: July 31, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
Too funny, ps I always hated gunnersarus thought it was contrived and a poor choice

giggsy11

« Reply #3979 on: July 31, 2011, 09:57:20 AM »
Question for Arseanl fans- Is Fabregas still an Arsenal player because?

a-Barca has not met Arsenal's asking price?
b-Arsenal do not want to sell him?
c-Barca has not officially made a bid?
d-Other

I ask because I don't understand why this continues to be a running saga for another off season.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: July 31, 2011, 11:18:52 AM »
The moment they take off one of the stoppers and they try this bartley boy he score an own goal lol
I mean I understand that these youths want a chance but if they not up to it you simply have to buy... squillaci is absolute shit and this boy bartley just play for 5 minutes and score an own goal.
Think they should try Jenkinson in there he tall enough and he look a sound prospect.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: July 31, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »
I like gervinho....
I think Vela is shit ... people only talking bout giving him a chance but the truth is he is soft and only plays well against soft teams ... he should be sold... pussy player.
Not sold on Ramsey his passing is suspect.
Loving the form of Rosicky ....he is wasted on the wings all that vision and touches have to be in the midfield.
Team missing Walcott.
As miuch as we would hate to think it Fab and Nasri are vital to this team.
No ones passing is close to Fab except Rosicky.
In terms of dribbling to create Nasri is out best.
Mata would be a nice addition.
Thought Gibbs looked good
Ebouie lol rubbish.
Wenger knows he needs a solid defender I expect him to get one!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: July 31, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
The moment they take off one of the stoppers and they try this bartley boy he score an own goal lol
I mean I understand that these youths want a chance but if they not up to it you simply have to buy... squillaci is absolute shit and this boy bartley just play for 5 minutes and score an own goal.
Think they should try Jenkinson in there he tall enough and he look a sound prospect.

Taking nothing away from your larger point... but Bartley couldn't really do anything about that goal, that pass by Henry was all class.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: July 31, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
Yeah it was definitely a good ball ..... but still feel the kid got his positioning wrong .... just like djourou  yesterday and schillaci again (gawd he's such shit) my gawd we need just one more consistent defender... we've no sound defensive depth outside our main stoppers... truly depressing!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: July 31, 2011, 12:24:45 PM »
Arsenal 1-1 New York Red Bulls
Own goal costs Arsenal
July 31, 2011

Arsenal were booed by their own fans after letting another lead slip to surrender the Emirates Cup to New York Red Bulls.

The response of the 60,000 inside the Emirates Stadium did not bode well for the new season, with the Gunners doing nothing to prove they had cured the frailties which caused their supporters so much suffering last term.

As in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Boca Juniors, who they had led 2-0, Arsenal were unable to close out a game they had dominated, with substitute Kyle Bartley putting through his own net six minutes from time resulting in a 1-1 draw.

That was after Robin van Persie had put the tournament hosts on course for a fourth Emirates Cup success out of five when he nodded home shortly before half-time.

While defensive errors cost the Gunners against Boca, this time it was their all-too-familiar wastefulness in front of goal as they missed numerous chances to kill the game.

Manager Arsene Wenger retained only four of the starting XI who played 24 hours earlier and was clearly not prepared to take any chances with the quartet, withdrawing Jack Wilshere after just seven minutes after the midfielder picked up an slight ankle knock.

The Red Bulls made just four changes from the side which surprised Paris St Germain. One of the them was Thierry Henry, who was treated to a hero's welcome on his return to the Emirates.

The Gunners' all-time top scorer took just seven minutes to make an impact, screwing a low shot wide.

Arsenal were in control otherwise, although they were guilty of their perennial crime of trying to walk the ball in when a Carlos Mendes tackle denied Aaron Ramsey.

Wilshere's replacement Benik Afobe had slotted in well on the right and almost had a goal to celebrate when he brought down Bacary Sagna's cross and forced a sprawling save from Frank Rost.

Moments later, Rost produced an even better stop one-on-one with Ramsey, who had been wrongly flagged offside anyway.

After Henry's free-kick forced an acrobatic save from Wojciech Szczesny, Ramsey missed a glorious chance to put Arsenal ahead, blazing over after superb trickery from Van Persie caused chaos in the visitors' box.

The penalty area also witnessed what appeared to be a dive from Gunners new boy Gervinho, who went down far too easily when Chris Albright slid in from behind after gifting the ball to the Ivorian.

The Emirates was virtually full but those inside suggested they were not getting their money's worth by starting a Mexican wave shortly before the break.

They were on their feet for the right reasons three minutes before half-time, Tomas Rosicky's straight free-kick flighted perfectly for Van Persie to nod home past a stranded Rost.

Gervinho should have made it 2-0 moments later, bursting onto Rosicky's through-ball but shooting too close to the goalkeeper.

Van Persie also wasted another chance immediately after the restart, electing to square the ball when he should have shot.

He was then denied an easy finish by a brilliant sliding interception by former Barcelona defender Rafael Marquez after brilliant skill down the left by Afobe.

Van Persie and Gervinho combined to force another stop from Rost before they were replaced by Marouane Chamakh and Carlos Vela for the final 25 minutes.

Arsenal's habit of tossing away leads had resurfaced on Saturday and they were almost caught on the break today when Henry sent a trademark sidefoot effort too close to Szczesny.

And after a swathe of substitutions, they failed to heed the warning as the Red Bulls snatched an unlikely draw.

Henry was the inspiration, threading in substitute Juan Agudelo, and Agudelo's cross was turned into his own net by Bartley.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: July 31, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »
Ugh!! its very disappoint being a gunner fan.. and constantly seeing them!! choke!...even if its a friendly or pre-season match!! im totally! disappointed in there performance!!!.  the reason for this.. is wenger so called pet project......which has time and time again failed 2 produce..what is need 2b champions again!!!!. have moulded..arsenal into a global force during the 90's an early 2000's....with the invincibles<<*greatest team ever* based on...aggression..potency..and killer mentality!!.....he decided 2go the distance.. and fashion a team in his..own..image an likeness!!!! now i dont have a problem.. with his project..but. what he did..by mashing up the invincibles!! especially his noted Philosophy! of..not signing players over 30 has hurt him in the long haul! eg:Patrick Viera!.....one just has 2 look at the success manchester city..is having! and be dually noted the influence viera has on his teammates!........even doh i can go on an on.. about the pains of seein my great team arsenal.. fail.. so manytimes!! and 2b giving picong by!! shitlsea(chelsea) and man*bull* united fans..about how 2b great.. is pain enough!!!!......i truly believe and hope it comes true that this is the year! that the real Arsenal will stand up and be counted! cause with the talent we have now and always produces!! we can be the force we are known 2b again* which is ruthless&aggressive*! all we need 2 do is get rid of cecs and nasir!! and focus on jack and aaron! <<the real future of arsenal! and we good 2go!

heartfelt grumble of ah die hard Gunner4life!! fan!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: July 31, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
Same khaki pants! Its the same team plus gervinho, we aint sell no one we really should have! And still aint buy anyone we need! Wenger just chippin dong d road to his on beat talking abou wages and inflated prices etc, well guess what fakin sell d dead weight and you will see yuh could splash cash on the performers in the side. Like I said before no one worthy of lifting us higher wants to come to the club and no one is willing to pay for those who we will let go go

Season os already lost, please prove me wrong but we not winning shit, not with the same damn side we have

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: August 01, 2011, 08:15:27 AM »
Ok so just reviewed all the goals arsenal scored and conceeded this weekend

we score goals as quickly and effectively as most of the top teams

we ball watch from all areas when we dont have the ball, thats our issue on defense simple as that.

when we lose the ball we ball watch, we head or clear a ball out we ball watch, we dont track runs, on set pieces we ball watch

attack the farking kiss meh arse mooda cant ball! win it effin back!

i want vinnie jones on th ebench to cuss up these fecking men!

and riquleme big up frimpong n wilshire but more so frimpong! watch out hope he meets his expectations and exceeds it!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3988 on: August 01, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »
aye Joey Barton available on a free, get him before Man U does
that could potentially be a good acquisition cause Arsenal still spineless
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: August 01, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
aye Joey Barton available on a free, get him before Man U does
that could potentially be a good acquisition cause Arsenal still spineless

No thank you!  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>