April 19, 2024, 02:20:54 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 896202 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4020 on: August 03, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
So it looks like Emmanuel Eboué is gone (one of the few hard men we have)  ???

Big Up!
I like Eboue, a real fan favorite and he bounced back so well from that disgraceful booing against Wigan, but I dunno how much I will miss him as a footballer. He had so much potential but he will never be what he could have been now. Remember the 2006 season? He run Real Madrid ragged. Men on this forum were asking who the hell is Arsenal new right back? He had Ronaldinho on lockdown in the CL Final. And his SPECTACULAR dive won us the free kick when Arsenal scored its goal in that game (back when Arsenal could score off set pieces). I watched some of those games a few weeks ago and all I remember thinking is "wtf happened to Eboue?".  A real shame as he is a decent backup despite his inconsistency and errors but this season is no time for sentiment. Do or die for Wenger.

Good luck Manu, sorry it didn't work out.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:26:07 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
Source?...where he gone to and how much we get for him?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: August 04, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
Nuttin on d club site so its talk fuh now

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: August 04, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »
This man just like all them english papers ..... creating all kinda rumours with nothing to back it up.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: August 04, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »
I follow a lot of Arsenal news and most of them is good source...it eh bound to happen, but discussions are taking place between the 2 clubs.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23975684-cesc-fabregas-and-samir-nasri-stilll-in-the-arsenal-picture.do

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: August 05, 2011, 05:04:04 AM »
So Barca still effin around and cesc is sulkin around
Nasri effin around and wenger too as he considers close to 20mil for nasri, good money but not when you become a feeder club to a team who finished above you and will be competition in ALL silverware arsenal is challenging for.
And with seemingly no end to the CB gaps being filled we quite possibly will have two giant holes to be filled, that wenger will undoubtedly try to fill with yutes!
And to add insult to injury we have to face udinese in the champions league play off.
The club and more so the players have themselves to blame, yet they all want to run off and look for a prettier gf dressed in silver
But I'm  not angry yet, wait till Sept 1 then I will be cussing because we'd have started the league played some champs and regardless of results or transfers will reserve me right to chant "f**k off now wenger!"
God damn shameful

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: August 05, 2011, 07:17:25 AM »
hmm udinese are a tuff side..they come at you with all guns blazing...fast and full of technique...underestimate them at your own peril..guidolin plays very exciting and effective football....watch out for di natale, armero, kwadwo asamoah (big big big midfielder), isla...even without sanchez and inler the unit operates very well...forza udinese!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »
Steupsss....is dem and Rubin Kazan I didn't want to match up with. I coulda handle any of the other teams.

But yuh know what..we look for 4kin that.

We will also end up nasri, cesc and defenderless until January.

Even though we didnt win nuttin for the past 6 yrs...there was a glimmer of hope, some kinda expectation, at least belief we could win something.

This season...4th place lookin like we will be punching above our weight.

Van Persie cyar last 3 games in a stretch without something happening...we need a back up striker to score a 12-16 goals. VP has to be a 20 goal man.

All it takes is one injury in the back and we down to the kosielny/squillaci clown duo.

One injury to schzeny and is Almunia or Flappy Handski.

Oh well...say wha. 6yrs and nuttin...a 7th ent go make a difference.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: August 05, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »
So Udinese. And RvP and Nasri will be suspended for the first leg. They like to get men behind the ball and counterattack at pace = Arsenal Kryptonite.

Who is their holding midfielder now Inler gone? Cesc/Rambo going to have to blow up on de man.

Le Collapse really costing us boy! Newcastle (A), Udinese (H), Liverpool (H), Udinese (A), Man U (A) in 15 days? Talk about a running start!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:27:48 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: August 05, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »
And Wenger will be serving a touchline ban for the first leg too.

F**k you Massimo Busacca!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: August 05, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
On the bright side??? Its only August???

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: August 05, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »
BTW just once I want to see the arsenal fans protest. Don't go to a game. Chant for change. It really isn't good enough. The board just act like manning and say we know we know we know, we know what we doing don't worry your silly little heads

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: August 05, 2011, 11:33:07 AM »
BTW just once I want to see the arsenal fans protest. Don't go to a game. Chant for change. It really isn't good enough. The board just act like manning and say we know we know we know, we know what we doing don't worry your silly little heads

What was the booing at a friendly and the "Spend some f*cking money" chant at the end of last season?Oh Lord! Stunner, you love to panic eh!

We have some tough times to face but no use running around bawling "The sky is falling".

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: August 06, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »
Are Barcelona Making a Mockery of Cesc Fabregas?  bleacherreport  ... good reading
By Ryan Kusy(Contributor) on August 5, 2011 734 reads

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext Fabregas goodbye?
Shaun Botterill/Getty Images
What seems to be the one of the longest running transfer sagas in history, is now slowly inching towards a close, or so we've been told. The Fabregas and Barcelona love affair has gone on long enough.

For what seems like forever, Barcelona and seemingly every one of their players, president, sporting director, coaches and even local politicians have pleaded for Cesc to jump ship on Arsenal.

To Fab's credit, he has acted like professional considering his situation. One must consider that he is being courted by arguably the best club in the history of football. Joining the likes of Messi, Xavi, David Villa, Iniesta among numerous other international players, is an opportunity that very few footballers would ever pass up.

Barcelona can practically guarantee players success year after year. Furthermore, he was also a product of their famed youth academy, La Masia, and all of this before you can recall that he was born in Spain, and it is there that his family resides.

More so, he's on the Spanish national team that includes roughly 12 players from Barcelona, including best friends Gerard Pique and Carlos Puyol, which caused some problems during the World Cup in 2010, and International breaks.

However despite all of this, Fabregas has never come out and stated he will quit Arsenal to force through a move, nor has he "gone on strike" as we have seen countless players resort to as a last-ditch effort.

Fabregas doesn't use his twitter to complain about still being in Arsenal players either, which a lesson Joey Barton could use.

But in the end, no one can fault him for having a love for Barcelona, he has so many ties to the club, that Arsenal fans knew it was just a matter of time before Barcelona came calling for their former youth star.

When fans see how Carlos Tevez has quit on Man City or Alex Sanchez on Udinese or Javier Pastore on Palermo, it's a bit of relief to see there are still professionals in this game when it comes to Fabregas' behavior.

Sure, granted his head has been turned by the Spanish Giants, whose wouldn't be? But in the whole scheme of things, he has been a true professional and shown the utmost respect to Arsenal and their fans.

However the respect Barcelona have showed Fabregas, and more importantly Arsenal, has been quite the opposite, and borderline disgraceful.

Barcelona are one of the richest clubs in the world. Granted they are hundreds of millions of euros in debt, but they generate one of the highest profit revenues in the world of sports.

They have spent an exorbitant amount of money on players in the past, but when it has come to Fabregas, the money has seemingly gone missing.

When Barcelona have thrown money around on players like, David Villa - £32 million, Alexis Sanchez- £24.2 million (with bonuses to be added on), Javier Mascherano- £22 milion, Alex Hleb- £17 million, Theirry Henry- £24 million, they clearly don't have a problem forking out the cash to land a player they are interested in.

Many times, Barcelona have been more than willing to meet the buy-out clause or club valuation of a player in order to land them as well.

Arsenal's evaluation, originally estimated around £50 million to £60 million, has dropped down to an even £40 million. Which in many fans' eyes, is much lower than what they value the club's captain.

He has lit up the Premier League at times during the years at Arsenal, despite a nagging hamstring injury, and has notched over 10 assists in the past 3 seasons.

How much is Fabregas worth?
 Less than £30 million
 £30 to £40 million
 £40 to £50 million
 Greater than £50 million
Submit Vote vote to see results   How much is Fabregas worth?
Less than £30 million
3.8%
£30 to £40 million
16.3%
£40 to £50 million
42.5%
Greater than £50 million
37.5%
Total votes: 160

Barcelona have come in with a far less evaluation of the player with a first bid of somewhere near £29.2 million, which was immediately turned down by the Arsenal board.

Further bids discussed of £31.1 million and £33.2 million were also rejected by the board, who with the backing of majority share holder Stan Kroenke, have been told not to budge with their negotiations.

Barcelona have now reportedly come in with the "big" offer that will bring Fab back home of...£35 million.

Disgraceful and still well short of Arsenal's asking price, the bid was rejected without thought, and it was reported that Arsenal representatives left the meeting immediately, disgusted with Barcelona's lack respect to the club.

However, it is not so much the unsuccessful bids that have infuriated Arsenal and the board, it's how Barcelona wanted to pay the fee that is the breaking point.

Barcelona claim to only be able to pay £10 million this year, with the rest to be paid in installments, and £5 million in bonus related incentives.

As well as the fact that Barcelona seem in no hurry to conclude the transfer saga that is rapidly ruining Arsenal's season before it has even started.

The need to reinvest the money received from the Fabregas transfer would be more than ever for the club after losing not only their team captain, but also their talismanic player and £10 million up front is not nearly enough.

Fabregas has been put in quite the unfortunate situation of this long-running transfer saga. The inability for Barcelona to either pay up and go away, has portrayed Fabregas in the wrong light.

The teasing from Barcelona players that say they would "love to have him," or he has "Barcelona DNA," is unsettling for him, yet the club refuse to show the same level action they speak of.

How much longer will Fab be training with Arsenal?
Tom Dulat/Getty Images On a more personal level, Barcelona's players to club president have spoken of the class Fabregas has undoubtedly has, yet the fail to want to pay for such class.

They have asked him to a pay cut of more than £1.6 million per year over the length of his contract. Which would reduce his wages to roughly £3 million a year.

Whereas, Arsenal have offered him a two-year extension on his deal to raise his wages to £7 million per annum.

Great players get paid less when switching clubs? Since when?

They have also suggested Fabregas pay £4 million out of his own pocket to help finance the transfer cost and go on strike until the deal has been completed.

Just to recap now. They want Fabregas to take a wage cut AND finance his transfer to Barcelona...

Similar to last summer, Fabregas isn't even a high priority to Barcelona. They buy their top targets first, then it's time to focus on Fab. They view his transfer as a matter of time.

They put little respect into their negotiations with Arsenal, and they fail to realize the more public they make their dealings with Arsenal, the less chances Arsenal will sell Fabregas to them, regardless if they meet their asking price.

Barcelona have in many instances put Arsenal in a no-win situation. Arsenal are either left with an unhappy captain and key player, or they are left with a pile of cash, and little time left to reinvest the money.

Barcelona are managing to disrupt everything Wenger has been working on for years now by slowly, but surely, tearing a hole in the heart of Arsenal.

Barcelona talk of respect for Arsenal, and their love for Fabregas, yet they failed to show either of those traits in their pursuit of the Spaniard. Barcelona show all the class in the world on the pitch, but they truly lack any off it.

Flag Props (1)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: August 06, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
I personally don't understand the fixation with Fabregas when they have a youth like Thiago waiting in the wings. What does signing Fabregas say to him?

Not even sure where Fabregas fits into their plans, because no way he starting over Xavi or Iniesta unless they shunt Iniesta out to the left where they just bought Sanchez for.

At best he is a succession plan for Xavi.

giggsy11

« Reply #4035 on: August 06, 2011, 08:54:19 AM »
Barca needs tuh shite or get off the possie!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: August 06, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
After reading that article it has solidified my view on the spanish footballing giants

They play great fantastic ball but their gamesmanship reeks of a low class mentality

All the money they throw around revenue they earn they are still nostrils deep in a cespit of debt yet they want fabregas for nothing and using disruptive psycological tactics to spite arsenal if they don't hand over cesc, barca you my friends are the kidnappers. You have kidnapped our season before it has started

I love cesc. I hope they pay so he can follow his heart. But I want barca to fall on their f**king face after and win nothing

I fear I may have root for c**tiano ronaldo and his lily white fagalacticos in la liga this season

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: August 06, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »
watching the friendly v benfica

we walked the first half, rvp goal late

then two in 15min from start of second and its 2-1 now

guess friggin who effed up for the second?

yup thats right cygan half brother squillachi mudda cyant

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: August 06, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
Schillaci  ..... we simply need to get one more defender so he could never see the pitch ever again in life!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: August 06, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »
Didn't watch the game but you'll get no argument from me there!

I hear it was TV and Gibbs fault on the first one?

Schillaci  ..... we simply need to get one more defender so he could never see the pitch ever again in life!!!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: August 06, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »
watching the friendly v benfica

we walked the first half, rvp goal late

then two in 15min from start of second and its 2-1 now

guess friggin who effed up for the second?

yup thats right cygan half brother squillachi mudda cyant

Ey I watch he highlights and we acknowledge that the man is shit but how you go call the man out like that when both Gibbs and Vermalean was outplayed in their parts in the first goal too  .... Call it as yuh see it!!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: August 06, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
I omitted them because they aren't involved in or are the reason we concede a goal in every kiss meh arse game they play 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: August 06, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »
I omitted them because they aren't involved in or are the reason we concede a goal in every kiss meh arse game they play 

Well they were today and every f**k up counts till we get better defensively  .... mentally and defensively we are looking out of our depths to start the season.
That might actually had been Traore and not Gibbs who was caught out!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:04:28 PM by Ngozi »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4043 on: August 06, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »
I am very impressed by Frimpong, and I think of all the young players he is the only one who looks like he can make the step up into the first team. Jenkinson isn't too bad either but he's been less convincing. Expected more from Miyaichi after all the reviews but from what I've seen he looks more like a player that should be sent out on loan, than one who is pushing for the first team.

When you study that this was an Arsenal team without Nasri, Fabregas, Wilshere, Walcott and Koscielny ... things are not that bad. The second half was the Carling Cup team playing against seasoned internationals. That said, if Vermaelen or Gibbs gets injured, Arsenal are in trouble. I'm not even convinced that Gibbs is ready to be the starting LB yet, but I'm convinced that Traore is shaky. And without Vermaelen, we are exactly where we were last season. Depth in those two positions are lacking.

I do expect Wenger to bring in a defender before the window closes though.

[EDIT] Regarding the second goal, Squillaci eat a beat. Every defender is get leave out now and then. How come no one blaming Fabianski for getting beaten on his near post from a shot outside the area? Squillaci is usually the goat but today I will defend the guy. He had a decent 45 minutes.

This doesn't change the fact that I would still like to see him replaced. Lol.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:01:41 PM by dwn »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: August 06, 2011, 07:49:46 PM »
Theoretically we have brought in Myachi.. misspelt sorry, Gervinho, Vermalean, Frimpong, Traore ... 5 new players ... but I think we need just one more defender ..... a solid one offensively we always miss walcott ... more than any other attacker barring RVP.
I watched this Mata guy today and wasn't completely impressed to be honest if we were to get the one defender and Mata and sell Nasri and keep Cesc for one more season I think that would be good business.
This may sound crazy but I've made two observations ..... one I really like Rosicky in that role that Cesc plays in themiddle this season I've seen no one play it as well... and two to win this league you dont only need silled players but mentally tough ones as well which leads me t believe that at some point both Frimpong and Song have to be starting at the same time in the midfield with maybe Wilshire playing that attacking role!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: August 06, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
On your last point. Arsenal like to start quick and if we can build a lead putting a double pivot of Song and Frimpong with Jack in front would not only give both a stable platform to build on but would give great exposure to Frimpong. It would also help us close out games more safely.

Theoretically we have brought in Myachi.. misspelt sorry, Gervinho, Vermalean, Frimpong, Traore ... 5 new players ... but I think we need just one more defender ..... a solid one offensively we always miss walcott ... more than any other attacker barring RVP.
I watched this Mata guy today and wasn't completely impressed to be honest if we were to get the one defender and Mata and sell Nasri and keep Cesc for one more season I think that would be good business.
This may sound crazy but I've made two observations ..... one I really like Rosicky in that role that Cesc plays in themiddle this season I've seen no one play it as well... and two to win this league you dont only need silled players but mentally tough ones as well which leads me t believe that at some point both Frimpong and Song have to be starting at the same time in the midfield with maybe Wilshire playing that attacking role!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: August 06, 2011, 08:27:47 PM »
Seriously I dont see what others see in Mata YET! he has potential but he is yet another diamond that needs polishing.
Kagawa &  Gotze from Dortmund are both better and Gotze is 19. Also a central defender worth breaking the bank for is Hummels also from Dortmund.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: August 06, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
Seriously I dont see what others see in Mata YET! he has potential but he is yet another diamond that needs polishing.
Kagawa &  Gotze from Dortmund are both better and Gotze is 19. Also a central defender worth breaking the bank for is Hummels also from Dortmund.

I'll be honest with you the baddest thing I've seen this preseason is "Thiago" from Barca ... which begs the question why the continued obsession with Cesc?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: August 06, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »

Gotze is the real deal... somebody go have to real break de bank in order to pry he from Dortmund.  Fella have real pace, excellent touches and is already a clinical finisher at 19 as yuh say.

I was watching Mata today vs. Liverpool and didn't really see anything special, but can't base anything off one preseason game and haven't really watched Valencia in a while so not really familiar with his game.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4049 on: August 06, 2011, 09:22:46 PM »

Miyachi and Traore still have a lot to prove. Frimpong and Gervinho even. Out of those 5 players I would say we have one we know we can rely on, two who have impressed in (meaningless) preseason games and look capable, and two young players who are hit or miss. With Traore, all signs point to miss. With Miyaichi, I think he just needs more time to develop. But more transfers will arrive. I think at least two. But they will happen when sales are made. Once the Bendtner, Almunia, Eboue deals are sorted, then I think we can look forward to more signings. Just my guess, 3 weeks to go before the close of the transfer window.

Oh, I can't wait to see Walcott on one flank and Gervinho on the other. Their pace is going to destroy teams.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:25:15 PM by dwn »

1]; } ?>