April 24, 2024, 10:53:11 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 897829 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4110 on: August 12, 2011, 07:04:37 AM »
Please tell me that not true. It go real grieve me to have to turn on the Professor.

So wenger quoted today as saying "we have 4 center backs we don't need any more"  :-[
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
Please tell me that not true. It go real grieve me to have to turn on the Professor.

So wenger quoted today as saying "we have 4 center backs we don't need any more"  :-[

I wouldn't worry about that he trying to ber discreet but he knows better ... think he just trying to keep the press out his business since they been in it so much ... he's stubborn but he's not stupid!!!!
If we ncan see how bad Schillaci is .. then he can definitely recognise that as well!!!

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: August 12, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »

I wouldn't worry about that he trying to ber discreet but he knows better ... think he just trying to keep the press out his business since they been in it so much ... he's stubborn but he's not stupid!!!!
If we ncan see how bad Schillaci is .. then he can definitely recognise that as well!!!

Yeah. I have always defended Wenger because I have faith in him but my faith has been sorely tested the last 6 months. If he doesn't strengthen the defence (push Squillaci down the depth chart, not buy Mats Hummels and Nemanja Vidic love child, mind you) then I go have to join the Wenger Out posse. I could even forgive losing Cesc and Nanas, although I'd rather not.
Victoria concordia crescit

giggsy11

« Reply #4113 on: August 12, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »
One thing I like and respect about Arsene, is that he has a great eye for talent, even though sometimes they are a fit for the EPL and sometimes they are not. He has unearth some gems in his time; more times than not he has been successful less so when he lets is ego take over. So lets hope he stops letting the ego make the desicions and focus on what is best for Arsenal to be succssful on the field.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wenger looting in the London riots
« Reply #4114 on: August 12, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: August 12, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
Arsenal agree terms with CampbellAugust 12, 2011
Email PrintBy ESPNsoccernet staff
Arsenal have agreed terms with Costa Rican side Deportivo Saprissa to sign teenage striker Joel Campbell.

GettyImages
Joel Campbell has been making a big impact on the international stage for Costa Rica
• Newcastle v Arsenal preview
• Dall: Faith in Wenger fading
• Arsenal Blog: Who's optimistic?
• PLAY Premier League fantasy

Campbell, 19, was in the Costa Rica squad for the recent Copa America and the Under-20 World Cup and was linked with a host of European clubs including Manchester United.

Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger said: "Joel Campbell has already shown that he is a player with great ability, and has also performed well on the international stage at a young age. We look forward to the formalities of the transfer being completed and working with Joel when he joins us at Arsenal."

Reports suggest that Arsenal will pay £930,000 for Campbell, rising to just over £1 million, if certain bonuses are met.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Wenger looting in the London riots
« Reply #4117 on: August 12, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »

:rotfl:

Arsenal scored more goals that all the teams above them with the exception of ManU. However, they gave up more goals that evey team above them. I am not sure if its just the back four, because Arsenal's midfield defending is IMHO very weak and fails to protect its back line, sepecially with both full backs bombing forward. When they were having success the midfield general Viera was not only a ball winner, but a superb passer and organizer. Not to mention they had the likes of Petite and Edu. Yes they need a quality central defender, but for me the most pressing is a stable, athletic defensive midfielder.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4118 on: August 12, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »
Arsenal scored more goals that all the teams above them with the exception of ManU. However, they gave up more goals that evey team above them. I am not sure if its just the back four, because Arsenal's midfield defending is IMHO very weak and fails to protect its back line, sepecially with both full backs bombing forward. When they were having success the midfield general Viera was not only a ball winner, but a superb passer and organizer. Not to mention they had the likes of Petite and Edu. Yes they need a quality central defender, but for me the most pressing is a stable, athletic defensive midfielder.

I agree with you. But I would go a step further and say it's not just the defensive midfielder, but the defensive efforts of the entire midfield in general.

giggsy11

« Reply #4119 on: August 12, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »

I agree with you. But I would go a step further and say it's not just the defensive midfielder, but the defensive efforts of the entire midfield in general.

Or defensive efforts as a team; and not rely on certain players.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: August 12, 2011, 08:56:09 PM »
We will see in a matter of hours

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: August 13, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »
I'm kinda hoping they go with this midfield trio Song, Frimpong and Rosicky in the hole Theo, RVP , Gervinho up top!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: August 13, 2011, 06:27:29 AM »

Or defensive efforts as a team; and not rely on certain players.

Can't argue with that. This is the reason I said Viera was an organizer as well, he kept the midfield in balance
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4123 on: August 13, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »
I'm kinda hoping they go with this midfield trio Song, Frimpong and Rosicky in the hole Theo, RVP , Gervinho up top!!

Thinking they will go with Ramsey ahead of Frimpong.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: August 13, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »
We need some muscle to deal with tiote

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4125 on: August 13, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »
So stating squad is

Cheesy
Sagna tommy kos gibbs
Ramsey rosicky song
Gervinho RVP AA

Subs,
Theo, Oxlaide-chamberlain, jenkinson, frimpong, fabianski

giggsy11

« Reply #4126 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
 What happen to Chamakh; he still tired?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:19:51 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: August 13, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
Bullshit!

Red card for Gervinho, only a yellow for Barton?  Bullshit!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:15:41 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: August 13, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
How on earth did Barton not get sent off?

He put his hands on Gervinho first.

Gervinho's red card is probably justifiable, but Barton's red card should have been automatic.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: August 13, 2011, 12:15:24 PM »
That was some BS officiating right there!  >:(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #4130 on: August 13, 2011, 12:18:37 PM »
Barton is a psychopath! That fella seems like he always plotting something negative. Song lucky tuh still be on the field! Stamping on Barton was stupid and he and his side were lucky touh get away with it. Not so lucky with Rick James doh!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: August 13, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
Barton is a psychopath! That fella seems like he always plotting something negative. Song lucky tuh still be on the field! Stamping on Barton was stupid and he and his side were lucky touh get away with it. Not so lucky with Rick James doh!

I now see what Capello was talking about. If Barton flipping out like this in the first game of the Premier League season, you could only imagine what would happen in a World Cup quarterfinal, semifinal or final.
I also agree with you about the Song incident. Arsenal coulda finished the game with 9 men.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:39:34 PM by kaliman2006 »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: August 13, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »
My commentary for the game today
f**k you arsenal
f**k you wenger
f**k you barton
f**k you reff
Hello same Khaki pants
I wouldn't be shocked if we get relegated

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: August 13, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »
f**k you arsenal
f**k you wenger
f**k you barton
f**k you reff
Hello same Khaki pants

:loser:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: August 13, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
f**k you arsenal
f**k you wenger
f**k you barton
f**k you reff
Hello same Khaki pants

So how yuh really feel?????
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: August 13, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
I know see what Capello was talking about. If Barton flipping out like this in the first game of the Premier League season, you could only imagine what would happen in a World Cup quarterfinal, semifinal or final.
I also agree with you about the Song incident. Arsenal coulda finished the game with 9 men.

Now you understand why man saying they eh want no part of Barton on they team.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: August 13, 2011, 01:14:58 PM »
Gervinho and Gibbs were the best for Arsenal today. Heard the Arsenal fans were chanting where's the f%$king money. The wheels are turning on Wenger. He didn't even look comfortable when the cameras were on him during the game. 
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: August 13, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
I feel de ja vu

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:33 PM »
Gervinho and Gibbs were the best for Arsenal today. Heard the Arsenal fans were chanting where's the f%$king money. The wheels are turning on Wenger. He didn't even look comfortable when the cameras were on him during the game. 

the two of them were moving a lot and seeing plenty of the ball but their final touches and passes let them down. overall a very tepid and impotent performance from the Gunners.

I admire Arsene for his eye for talent and for sticking to his philosophy, but if he watch this performance and feel satisfied Arsenal going to challenge for any trophy, then they need to take him from the Emirates in a straitjacket.

giggsy11

« Reply #4139 on: August 13, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »
Now is good time tuh play Arsenal and dem 'big sides' with question marks; before dey get dey shite together! Make hay!

1]; } ?>