April 28, 2024, 03:07:29 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 900699 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4230 on: August 20, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »
The team low, fans low, the only lower we can go is relegation.

What is this blight patch we going through? I hope to see some silver lining or even light at the end of the tunnel

Just how low can we slide?   

Up next, udinese licking their lips and manu just can't wait to have a crack at us in this state

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: August 20, 2011, 07:52:54 AM »
Frimpong had a strong game today, but a little more experience would have told him to pull out of that challenge and avoid the red card....That was the turning point of the match.  Up to then Arsenal kept Liverpool at bay and the reds had run out of ideas...The game had tilted completely in Arsenal's favor and it was their game to lose until the red card.  

Was just telling meh partner that Walcott can only function in games where there's plenty of real estate ahead of him to run wild...Other than that his footballing IQ and is way too low, and his technique not good enough to be an impact player.  Arshavin was also very poor today.  Sagna was ok but not comfortable on the left- couldn't get is body around the ball to make full use of the width...Van P was too quiet in the 1st 45 and Ramsey was tired after about 60.  Vermaelen was the classiest gunner on the field by a long shot, and in the end the team just got worn down...Can't fault Wenger for this one- he did the best with what was available to him....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: August 20, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »
I agree with the Frimpong situation he did well probably should have pulled out the tackle I think he was already kinda committed though .... my god they may have to call back schillaci into the squad ... heavens. Will be interesting to see who wenger buys before the window closes this is a rebuilding process!!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: August 20, 2011, 08:09:10 AM »
Good talent in the pipeline, as today's match showed, but Wenger needs to bring in 2-3 impact players that are established.  Arshavin has been disappointing.  I'd ship him out.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: August 20, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
Unfortunately Arshavin really brings nothing to the team anymore might as well put Ryo out there and see what the youth could do.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: August 20, 2011, 08:17:50 AM »
One of the football experts said last year that Walcott did not have a football brain and was sent to the slaughter for it.  I, for one, thought he was a bit harsh but after seeing this youth play time and time again it really makes you wonder.  Wenger surely knows NOW that he needs to spend.  

The Gunners has some real issues!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: August 20, 2011, 08:39:33 AM »
One of the football experts said last year that Walcott did not have a football brain and was sent to the slaughter for it.  I, for one, thought he was a bit harsh but after seeing this youth play time and time again it really makes you wonder.  Wenger surely knows NOW that he needs to spend.  

If Wenger was Superman, spending $ would be he kryptonite.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #4237 on: August 20, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »

That football expert would be Chris Waddle! Maybe that is why Arsene has shuttled Walcott so he can use his speed ( strength) and Cappello tells him to just stay wide. They probably realize he does not have the footballing sense to play as a striker; making runs and reading plays.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: August 20, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
like wtf.... arsenal

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4239 on: August 20, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »

I think he has a degree in economics. He should concentrate on football and leave the finance to the board.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: August 20, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
I real proud of my side...is a reserve team out there and boys became men.

Frimpong is a boss, Vermarlen handle it.

Ignasi and Jenkinson put they best foot forward.

I real pleased.

Come on Wenger get out the cheque book. Fill the gaps...we go survive without cesc and nasri.

i agree...frimpong grew into the game, for a 19 y. o. making he debut at home against pool he reall handle it.  he maybe should have came off earlier, u could see that he was 1 tackle away from a red.  jenkinson handle it, miquel handle it...vermaelen... :salute: :salute:   that man is a bossss.  

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: August 20, 2011, 10:33:49 AM »
After FIFTEEN years at the helm this team (and club, by extension) is through and through Wenger's creature and he is responsible for the continuing disaster of the last years - and more to the point, the disaster to come this season. Shedding top players in their prime - Henry, Pires, Ljunberg, Vieira - AND the poor purchase of replacements - Bendtner, Adebayor, Arshavin, must I go on? - AND obstinate reliance on young players (including the ongoing purchase of pubescent juniors), have clearly taken toll and failed to produce TITLES. Ultimately, a football club - at any level - is in business to win titles, not to do business (as necessary as a good business model may be, as we are now seeing with the TT Pro League and its member clubs).

What's the implication of all of this, and the necessary consequence of the Gooners' abject failure win anything for too many years? Arsene Wenger's run is clearly OVER. Wenger OUT!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: August 20, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »

I think he has a degree in economics. He should concentrate on football and leave the finance to the board.

What make you think the board not loving that...

Imagine you have a coach who buying men for under a million pounds and reselling them for 15 million pounds and up. Wenger is good for business.

My grouse is that if Wenger ups and leaves Arsenal tomorrow the board will be forced to open up the wallet because there is not other coach who can work the miracles he has with the resources he is operating with. So why not show some judgement ambition and spend some of that Adebayor, Flamini, Hleb, Toure, Clichy, Fabregas money that they rake into the coffers?

Unless of course the Arsenal business plan calls for it to be a feeder club and they are not in the business of winning trophies.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: August 20, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »
After FIFTEEN years at the helm this team (and club, by extension) is through and through Wenger's creature and he is responsible for the continuing disaster of the last years - and more to the point, the disaster to come this season. Shedding top players in their prime - Henry, Pires, Ljunberg, Vieira - AND the poor purchase of replacements - Bendtner, Adebayor, Arshavin, must I go on? - AND obstinate reliance on young players (including the ongoing purchase of pubescent juniors), have clearly taken toll and failed to produce TITLES. Ultimately, a football club - at any level - is in business to win titles, not to do business (as necessary as a good business model may be, as we are now seeing with the TT Pro League and its member clubs).

What's the implication of all of this, and the necessary consequence of the Gooners' abject failure win anything for too many years? Arsene Wenger's run is clearly OVER. Wenger OUT!

The only thing Arsenal need to lose is supporters like you who can only see one side of the scenario!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: August 20, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
Exactly. The perspective of the board (make money) and that of the fans (win titles) are now poles apart. I have been a Gooner since the captaincy of Frank McClintock - that's the early 1970s to you younger readers  :D. Time over! Wenger out!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4245 on: August 20, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »
Wenger out ! I fedup of we only beating alyuh young boys. Time to get some real ballers and give us the rivalry we once had. What coach can stay on a job so long without winning anything? nonsense!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 20, 2011, 12:32:37 PM »
 :D :D Sadly, I have to agree with a Man U man...

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 20, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
I ent too upset with this result. The injuries and suspensions we having and is a setta backups starting. And the reserve team captain (Miquel). In 3 years Barca going to start talking bout he DNA. Vermaelen was a hero. All game I was thinking "if we had him last season we woulda win a trophy for sure". Jenkinson scrape a pass with his debut but he was struggling and he may be injured too. Sagna use his experience well but the man as one legged as Long John Silver. Koscielny please get back fast? Frimpong, what can I say. Real impressive but 2 rookie tackles from a rookie. He was driving the team forward with his energy. More consistency and better tackling and he may well deserve the "New Essien" tag people give him. RVP didn't do enough, Theo in fairness was double teamed every time he got the ball (remember in the 4-4 with Newcastle he destroy this same left back eh.) but his positioning and off the ball movement were horrible and he didn't make enough runs into the box. I was starting to think he was tired. Yes he is a speed merchant with average technique and not the smartest footballer but I've seen him do better. Hope he learns from this. Arshavin and Ramsey remind me of Chamakh. Start off good but they lose their mojo.

I not expecting much good from Old Trafford next week. Today and next weekend will likely be the weakest Arsenal team we see this season (I hope). Liverpool has cause for concern though. They struggled to win and scored 1) an offside goal and 2) one which directly took advantage of the missing holding midfielder. Even with Suarez on the pitch for them to not create more late in the game isn't a good sign.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 20, 2011, 08:10:03 PM »
The best thing that can happen to arsenal is to get licks in Italy so that they do not have to play champions league That way they could just focus on the league and maybe get a top 4 finish and hopefully win an FA cup.

Them men they have is cut rate at best and what makes it worst is that they overloaded in some areas like forward with van persie, bentner, chamak, and the new guy who name start with G,

Wengar only playing one of them so nuff men on the bench.

Then when you look on the defense no backups at all.

The midfield has some problems

Ramsey, Rosiky both not cuttting it.

Ramsey gone
Wiltshire is for the future

and song is not world class

Wenger even starting to make bad tactical decisions.

Why put Sanga on the left. and the rookie on the right.

Let Sagna stay on the right so at least you get the attack you used to and let the rookie struggle on the left.

Now both of them struggle and you have nothing going forward.

Wenger buying stupid and selling stupid and because he has history the club treating him as untouchable and that is why men leaving.

Wen you getting senile is time to hang it up.

Arsenal used to have a great passing game.

That was in the past they cannot keep trying to play the same way with these men because these men not cutting it.

It will take them 2 years to rebuild but it will only happen if they buy some good men.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 20, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »
The best thing that can happen to arsenal is to get licks in Italy so that they do not have to play champions league That way they could just focus on the league and maybe get a top 4 finish and hopefully win an FA cup.

Them men they have is cut rate at best and what makes it worst is that they overloaded in some areas like forward with van persie, bentner, chamak, and the new guy who name start with G,

Wengar only playing one of them so nuff men on the bench.

Then when you look on the defense no backups at all.

The midfield has some problems

Ramsey, Rosiky both not cuttting it.

Ramsey gone
Wiltshire is for the future

and song is not world class

Wenger even starting to make bad tactical decisions.

Why put Sanga on the left. and the rookie on the right.

Let Sagna stay on the right so at least you get the attack you used to and let the rookie struggle on the left.

Now both of them struggle and you have nothing going forward.

Wenger buying stupid and selling stupid and because he has history the club treating him as untouchable and that is why men leaving.

Wen you getting senile is time to hang it up.

Arsenal used to have a great passing game.

That was in the past they cannot keep trying to play the same way with these men because these men not cutting it.

It will take them 2 years to rebuild but it will only happen if they buy some good men.

Thank god Arsene decisions arent made by you else we deader than dead!  doh make the champions league and lose players who would come because of that plus the 30 million for being part of it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: August 20, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »
I ent too upset with this result. The injuries and suspensions we having and is a setta backups starting. And the reserve team captain (Miquel). In 3 years Barca going to start talking bout he DNA. Vermaelen was a hero. All game I was thinking "if we had him last season we woulda win a trophy for sure". Jenkinson scrape a pass with his debut but he was struggling and he may be injured too. Sagna use his experience well but the man as one legged as Long John Silver. Koscielny please get back fast? Frimpong, what can I say. Real impressive but 2 rookie tackles from a rookie. He was driving the team forward with his energy. More consistency and better tackling and he may well deserve the "New Essien" tag people give him. RVP didn't do enough, Theo in fairness was double teamed every time he got the ball (remember in the 4-4 with Newcastle he destroy this same left back eh.) but his positioning and off the ball movement were horrible and he didn't make enough runs into the box. I was starting to think he was tired. Yes he is a speed merchant with average technique and not the smartest footballer but I've seen him do better. Hope he learns from this. Arshavin and Ramsey remind me of Chamakh. Start off good but they lose their mojo.

I not expecting much good from Old Trafford next week. Today and next weekend will likely be the weakest Arsenal team we see this season (I hope). Liverpool has cause for concern though. They struggled to win and scored 1) an offside goal and 2) one which directly took advantage of the missing holding midfielder. Even with Suarez on the pitch for them to not create more late in the game isn't a good sign.

Nah... you seeing things, Enrique had Theo one v one most of the matchups... which was about 4-5 tops.  On one he get some help in turning Theo back.  On another Theo somehow end up vs. Carra and decide to cross the ball to nobody rather than take him on.  Enrique shut him dong by heself, including a couple speed rushes and fake beats by Theo.

I also disagree with Kicker's take that the game had tilted completely in Arsenal's favor... Arsenal never threatened other than on Van Persie's squib shot after Arshavin's two-handed shove of Kelly in the box.  Match was a stalemate.  The red card opened things up, but so too did the play of Suarez... the runs he was making started stretching that back four.  Ultimately it can be argued that the extra space in the middle helped create the chances as well... so it's a chicken or the egg argument on that, but definitely won't say Arsenal had the upper hand at the time of the sending off.

... Frimpong will be fine... and yeah, Vermaelen was boss today.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4251 on: August 21, 2011, 12:54:57 AM »

What make you think the board not loving that...

Imagine you have a coach who buying men for under a million pounds and reselling them for 15 million pounds and up. Wenger is good for business.

My grouse is that if Wenger ups and leaves Arsenal tomorrow the board will be forced to open up the wallet because there is not other coach who can work the miracles he has with the resources he is operating with. So why not show some judgement ambition and spend some of that Adebayor, Flamini, Hleb, Toure, Clichy, Fabregas money that they rake into the coffers?

Unless of course the Arsenal business plan calls for it to be a feeder club and they are not in the business of winning trophies.
Yeah same thing I said earlier in this thread. The Board and coach love each other. Wenger gets a board that won't run him after an unsuccessful season and the board gets a very good coach who doesn't ask them to spend much.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 21, 2011, 06:34:45 AM »
seriously how many teams would have coped with all those key players missing!
Wenger has his problems, but yesterday's game has to put into perspective.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: August 21, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »
Wenger out ! I fedup of we only beating alyuh young boys. Time to get some real ballers and give us the rivalry we once had. What coach can stay on a job so long without winning anything? nonsense!

How long it took Fergie to win ah trophy with MANU? Steups!

DBP.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: August 21, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »
Nah... you seeing things, Enrique had Theo one v one most of the matchups... which was about 4-5 tops.  On one he get some help in turning Theo back.  On another Theo somehow end up vs. Carra and decide to cross the ball to nobody rather than take him on.  Enrique shut him dong by heself, including a couple speed rushes and fake beats by Theo.

I also disagree with Kicker's take that the game had tilted completely in Arsenal's favor... Arsenal never threatened other than on Van Persie's squib shot after Arshavin's two-handed shove of Kelly in the box.  Match was a stalemate.  The red card opened things up, but so too did the play of Suarez... the runs he was making started stretching that back four.  Ultimately it can be argued that the extra space in the middle helped create the chances as well... so it's a chicken or the egg argument on that, but definitely won't say Arsenal had the upper hand at the time of the sending off.

Really? I counted at least 3 double teamings. I'll have to look agaiin.

I don't think the game was ever truly in Arsenal's favour. Maybe before the red card early in second half when Frimpong had opportunities to run at Liverpool (he was the only midfielder getting time on the ball and I like his attitude, so much better than just playing short sideways passes to more attacking types) it was slightly in their favour.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: August 21, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »

Really? I counted at least 3 double teamings. I'll have to look agaiin.

I don't think the game was ever truly in Arsenal's favour. Maybe before the red card early in second half when Frimpong had opportunities to run at Liverpool (he was the only midfielder getting time on the ball and I like his attitude, so much better than just playing short sideways passes to more attacking types) it was slightly in their favour.

I recorded it and watched the match up with Enrique because he and Lucas were the focus of an article I wrote following the game.  Unfortunately I already deleted it since mih DVR about 93% full.  I could be wrong, but from what I remember there where those 4-5 runs, and really only remember one double team.  There was a second one, but Enrique showed Theo the sideline away from the double, and he took it, with a hesitation dribble.  Enrique didn't bite bite though, he just marshalled him down the flank and cut him off on the endline.

I also thought Frimpong had a really good game, the two chupid cards (and two other wildman tackles) aside.  Nasri seemed largely uninterested.  There was really just one play of note when he dust Lucas and dribbled the length of midfield before shooting wide in the 35'.  I love the little touches dis fella have, but he ent do nutten with it yesterday.  You could tell he done mentally checked out already.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 21, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »

How long it took Fergie to win ah trophy with MANU? Steups!

DBP.

When last alyuh win a trophy? Stueps!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 21, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
I recorded it and watched the match up with Enrique because he and Lucas were the focus of an article I wrote following the game.  Unfortunately I already deleted it since mih DVR about 93% full.  I could be wrong, but from what I remember there where those 4-5 runs, and really only remember one double team.  There was a second one, but Enrique showed Theo the sideline away from the double, and he took it, with a hesitation dribble.  Enrique didn't bite bite though, he just marshalled him down the flank and cut him off on the endline.

I also thought Frimpong had a really good game, the two chupid cards (and two other wildman tackles) aside.  Nasri seemed largely uninterested.  There was really just one play of note when he dust Lucas and dribbled the length of midfield before shooting wide in the 35'.  I love the little touches dis fella have, but he ent do nutten with it yesterday.  You could tell he done mentally checked out already.

Maybe on the Theo aspect. I was looking for it because of the 4-4 at Newcastle and hoping he could repeat the performance.

Maybe Nasri has checked out. I don't think we can properly judge that by watching his performance on the field. Nasri is only a playmaker in his mind. His game is running at defenders. He's not very good in the #10 position in my opinion. Also, there was the moment where Frimpong got his first yellow card and Nasri buff him, that to me says he may not be checked out more than a performance in a spot he wants but isn't suited to. Again, who knows?

I am hoping Frimpong doesn't let this affect him too much. The boy has again looked very good. He was very impressive in preseason last 2 years but blew out his knee last August when he would have come into the side with Wilshere. You are right about his tackling though. Hopefully he will tighten that up in time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:55:30 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »
Fellas Theo is not a winger when will you get it through your heads?
He is always at his best when he runs onto balls played into space for him ... Fabregas used to feed him a steady diet of them.... if you just give him a ball to feet to run at you if he is not obviously faster than you then you have a chance to impede his progress he runs out of ideas but more disappointingly he runs diagonally to the corner flag going away from goal.
Wenger has put him there to learn just like Henry and RVP.
You have to have midfielders aware of their team mates strengths and sadly right now Ramsey isn't one.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: August 22, 2011, 05:33:51 AM »
WTF is going on!!!

Mata signs for Chelsea, no body wants to sign for arsenal, arsenal doh want to pay and now they have to pay cus they need the players and wenger gets 2 more Uefa Bans!

Seriuosly where de ass is d jumbie! When will the madness end?

1]; } ?>