April 28, 2024, 10:11:41 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901062 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4470 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
Love how he say this after we beat them 3-0 last season and had a goalless draw when they just park the bus and we hit the post 3 times. Them Pounds goin to your head Nanas.

Nasri - Arsenal can't compete

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7138491,00.html

Former star delivers damning review of former club

By Patrick Haond.

Samir Nasri insists Arsenal can no longer afford to spend big in the transfer market.

Nasri completed his long awaited move to Manchester City last week before making his debut in the weekend win at Tottenham.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, meanwhile, saw his side crumble in humiliating fashion at Manchester United with an 8-2 loss, but Nasri says that the club have to change.

The France international insisted it was the right time for him to leave, telling l'Equipe: "Yes, it was [the right time to leave], there are sure signs.

"The departure of Cesc to Barcelona is one of them. The defeat against Birmingham in the League Cup final was very harmful for the minds.

"Arsenal remains a big club, but the building of Emirates Stadium changed a lot of things. It has changed the ambitions, so far. But it is not Arsene Wenger, it is the club's politics, the officials.

"Arsenal doesn't have the same funds. They can't make the same coups as before in the transfer market. They are rather forced to sell their best players and bet on young ones."

Nasri was asked about why did not extend his contract at Arsenal last year, but explained: "Why didn't I extend at Arsenal last autumn? They made me an offer and my advisers made another one.

"In this last one there was a clause that Arsenal officials didn't really accept.

"Then, it lasted. When they came back to offer me again in June, I made my decision. In my mind I wanted to leave, above all after the very difficult end to last season and I also already had nice contacts.

"At first Arsene Wenger wanted to keep me. Then, both clubs needed time to agree a transfer fee.

"My agents worked well. With the lawyers they wanted everything to be in order. When the transfer is big, you have to be patient. I am also happy Arsenal could get a nice fee. I prefer to leave that way than being a free agent. I did the same at Marseille. But that €28million fee doesn't put me under any pressure."
Happy

The French star maintains he was delighted to join City, despite links also to their city rivals United.

"From the start there was unanimity about my arrival at Manchester City. The coach, the executive director Garry Cook and chairman Khaldoun al-Mubarak, I felt everyone wanted me," he said.

"The players teased me for my first training session. They said: 'You needed time to come. We are waiting for you for one month and a half'. I know most of them, playing against them.

"Training with all those good players every day, I will improve. During sessions, there is a big intensity. At Arsenal it was already good, but here it is an upper level.

"When we finish the session with a match, you really feel like you're in an official competition. There are 22 players of a very high level. In the Premier League, very few clubs can show such wealth."

Nasri is yet to win a major trophy in his career and he is looking to out that right at City, adding: "You play football because you like it, but above all to win trophies.

"I am still dreaming about a national title, a cup or Champions League just like a kid.

"I want to feel satisfaction of a fulfilled season. Individually being named Player of the Year or being in the team of the league, that is reward but it can't replace the emotion of a trophy."

Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: August 30, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »
rumors! 24+hrs to dead line

Per Mertesacker-CB
Andre Santos-LB
Park Chu-Young - F
?????????? - Midfield?? Playmaker?

i just wanna point out Dan Steel made a good point, AA can play in the hole behind the front man or front two strikers

would like to see that formation

song , frimpong/wilshire
         AA
Walcott/Ox RVP Gervinho/Ryo
With that Arsenal should be fine. As long as they don't have any more injury issues.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: August 30, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »
Park Chu-young resembles a Wenger player but Arsenal fans may disagree
The forward was Asian Young Player of 2004 and impressed at Monaco but may have to do more to win over the Emirates

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/30/park-chu-young-wenger-arsenal

"I had to choose between Lille and Arsenal," said Park Chu-young as he arrived home in South Korea on Monday for national team duty. "I wanted to choose without regret." Whether Arsène Wenger will say the same after signing the 26-year-old striker remains to be seen.

The fee is low, around £3m but is less a reflection of ability than a two-year military tour of duty that starts in 2013, though he may be able to join a police team instead in 2014. That deadline, a 2012 Olympic medal grants exemption, was why the player was increasingly desperate to leave Monaco after three years and why, with a deal almost done on Saturday, he dropped everything at Lille to head to London.

Park has been a huge star in his homeland since becoming Asian Young Player of 2004 and impressing for FC Seoul from 2005. Later, he suffered from injuries, loss of form and confidence – for a while one-on-ones became painful to watch. It was only after a move to Monaco in 2008 that he really started to develop into one of Asia's best strikers.

That accolade may not impress Arsenal fans and even his Asian fans don't expect Park to become an automatic starter anytime soon. The feeling was that after impressing on the Mediterranean, Park had earned the chance to play on a bigger stage and French champions Lille sounded about right. Arsenal interest was a surprise but every time the Daegu-born striker has had the chance to make the step to the next level, he has done so.

Twelve goals out of a total of 38 in Monaco's relegation season is a good return but although Park's finishing has improved, it remains erratic. Comparisons to Nikolas Bendtner end there however. The hard-working Korean offers much more technically than the Dane. At times, Monaco lamented the lack of a killer instinct – perhaps Lille would disagree – but will miss his vision, touch and awareness around the penalty area.

With an Arsenal squad stretched, Park brings versatility – he can play on the left or right but prefers the middle – and pace. A six-footer, he will adapt to the rigours of English football more quickly than Park Ji-sung or Lee Chung-yong. The South Korean captain takes a better free-kick than Theo Walcott as demonstrated against Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup. A good header of the ball with a good head on his shoulders (an IQ of 150) he has the look of a Wenger player, though again, that may not be what Arsenal fans currently want to hear.

With a pre-season tour of Asia and the addition of Ryo Miyaichi from Japan, the London club are suddenly active in the far eastern market. Despite the hype, most European teams receive little commercial boost from Asian players. This could be different. Arsenal can make Miyaichi a star at home but Park already is one.

It can't be too long before Arsenal credit cards (it is rarely about shirts) are a new must-have item in Seoul. Park now has to show he can earn similar status in London.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4473 on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:29 AM »

Per Mertesacker-CB
Andre Santos-LB
Park Chu-Young - F

i just wanna point out Dan Steel made a good point, AA can play in the hole behind the front man or front two strikers

song , frimpong/wilshire
         AA

That is the best position for him.. he is a CAM not a LW like Wenger uses him

Arshavin should have been playing there two years go but Arsenal had too many similar players. Right now I feel Arshavin mentally check out of Arsenal. Arsenal will be better off playing Van Persie behind a goal scorer.

That being said Arsenal are moving for some good players. Park is a good player, better than Bendtner for sure. And they getting him cheap so that is good value.

Likewise Santos. Better than anything they have and at 6M costs about the same as they get from Clichy.

I am not a big Per Mertesacker fan. Think he is slow and error prone. But he have plenty experience, especially at international level. Going from Koscielny/Djourou to him will be an upgrade. And the price sound much cheaper than Cahill so that will make Wenger and Dansteel happy.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »

Per Mertesacker-CB
Andre Santos-LB
Park Chu-Young - F

song , frimpong/wilshire
         AA

That is the best position for him.. he is a CAM not a LW like Wenger uses him

Arshavin should have been playing there two years go but Arsenal had too many similar players. Right now I feel Arshavin mentally check out of Arsenal. Arsenal will be better off playing Van Persie behind a goal scorer.

That being said Arsenal are moving for some good players. Park is a good player, better than Bendtner for sure. And they getting him cheap so that is good value.

Likewise Santos. Better than anything they have and at 6M costs about the same as they get from Clichy.

I am not a big Per Mertesacker fan. Think he is slow and error prone. But he have plenty experience, especially at international level. Going from Koscielny/Djourou to him will be an upgrade. And the price sound much cheaper than Cahill so that will make Wenger and Dansteel happy.

:beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: August 30, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »
Who are they gonna buy to control their midfield play?

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4476 on: August 30, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »

Jack Wilshire
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: August 30, 2011, 11:36:55 AM »
Jack Wilshire

That's right- forgot about him...How much longer in the rehab room for him?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: August 30, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
I supose with Diaby, Wilshere, Roisicky and Ramsey in that area he feels comfortable. None of them are at Fabregas level but they should manage, unless this injury bug bites again.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: August 30, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
Jack Wilshire

That's right- forgot about him...How much longer in the rehab room for him?
3 weeks.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: August 30, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Oh and JDB, I doh mind them spending money on a good player but 17 mil on Cahill? Come nah man! I happy for him to spend 30 mil on Mats Hummels or Thiago Silva if he could get them. World class prices for world class players. But all dat money for Gary flippin Cahill? I agree Mertesacker ent no superstar but he better than Cahill and cost 10 million less I can't argue with that.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: August 30, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »
I think it behooves all of us Gooners to remember that with all the controversy surrounding the disaster this past Sunday, it remains important to maintain some perspective. In that spirit I'd like to point out that Tottenham is still below us in the table.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: August 30, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
In that spirit I'd like to point out that Tottenham is still below us in the table.

With a game in hand though lol

;D

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: August 30, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
midfield general? - wenger should raid the yank ranks on the cheap. donovan or dempsey.

i eh know bout this chinee he bringing doh.

the professor make some unproven or faltering buys offlate e.g chamakh, arshavin, rosicky, jenkinson.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: August 30, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
In that spirit I'd like to point out that Tottenham is still below us in the table.

With a game in hand though lol

;D
Thanks kicker. Remember, perspective.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: August 30, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
So Werder Bremen conceded the 4th most goals in the Bundesliga last year (61)....some great scouting going on at Arsenal these days....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: August 30, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »
Oh and JDB, I doh mind them spending money on a good player but 17 mil on Cahill? Come nah man! I happy for him to spend 30 mil on Mats Hummels or Thiago Silva if he could get them. World class prices for world class players. But all dat money for Gary flippin Cahill? I agree Mertesacker ent no superstar but he better than Cahill and cost 10 million less I can't argue with that.

U drunk?! :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: August 30, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
I would be interested in seeing Arshavin (occasionally?) played on the right cutting in ...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: August 30, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
Mertesacker - 7m
Park - 3m
Andre Santos - 6m

Whey de rest ah de Fabregas/Nasri/Clichy money they promise to invest in new players  ???

Allyuh eh realize the board STILL going and backsqueeze on allyuh squad and pocket that windfall cash?

If Arsenal was serious about football they wouldve strengthened the squad since July even before the sales and not be in this disadvantaged negotiating position they find themselves in now... hours before the window closes.

Spend some money, spend some bad money, spend any money allyuh cheap so and so!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:06:22 PM by dinho »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: August 30, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »

75 Germany caps full. At age 26. Clearly drunk. Cahill have how many caps? For flickin ENGLAND?!? 2 whole caps. Steuuuuuups!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:07:16 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: August 30, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
http://www.theda.co.uk/2011/08/last-chance-to-grab-those-arsenal-summer-sales-football-clubs-told.html

Football clubs are being reminded that they have just two days remaining to get down to the Arsenal summer sale and take advantage of the huge discounts on offer, varying from the arrogant, Danish forward range to a set of highly strung football defenders who can’t balance on either foot. For just £2,000,099 you could own your very own Armand Traoré, perfect decor for any front living room.

Store manager Arsene Wenger said ‘if you’ve not been in store yet then hurry down, stock is flying of the shelves extremely quickly. Just now we had a family in buying a lovely Theo Walcott to hang on their new garden decking and I think we may have just sold out all of our wonderful ‘overplaying at the back range.’ Remember 25% off until Thursday. You’d be crazy to miss it!’

One happy customer, a Mr Garry Cook wrote on the Facebook wall ‘I recommend the sales to anyone. Snapped up a couple of midfield wizards and a slightly chipped left back for just under £30mill, and the store assistants even helped me carry them to my car. The Free parking is also not to be scoffed at.’

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: August 30, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »

Benayoun would have been nice, but I hear he might be going to Spurs!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: August 30, 2011, 01:19:17 PM »
Mertesacker - 7m
Park - 3m
Andre Santos - 6m

Whey de rest ah de Fabregas/Nasri/Clichy money they promise to invest in new players  ???

Allyuh eh realize the board STILL going and backsqueeze on allyuh squad and pocket that windfall cash?

If Arsenal was serious about football they wouldve strengthened the squad since July even before the sales and not be in this disadvantaged negotiating position they find themselves in now... hours before the window closes.

Spend some money, spend some bad money, spend any money allyuh cheap so and so!

Sorry, this is not Chelsea, our club is not a millionaires play thing  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: August 30, 2011, 01:24:38 PM »

75 Germany caps full. At age 26. Clearly drunk. Cahill have how many caps? For flickin ENGLAND?!? 2 whole caps. Steuuuuuups!

I hope allyuh get Per because I would much rather dat snail when we see allyuh dan Cahill.  Cahill ha plenty competition to overcome fuh dem caps.  If per was in england he would probably never even be capped.  Mertesaker is ah slow ass shithong fella buh doh study me nah allyuh go brave lol. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: August 30, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

I hope allyuh get Per because I would much rather dat snail when we see allyuh dan Cahill.  Cahill ha plenty competition to overcome fuh dem caps.  If per was in england he would probably never even be capped.  Mertesaker is ah slow ass shithong fella buh doh study me nah allyuh go brave lol. 

I love how a man who saying a regular starter for a CLEARLY superior (in every way) international team couldn't make for England go question my judgement. Irony is a hell of a thing. I bet you is one ah dem poor fellas who does go into every World Cup expecting England to win it. I agree Per slow but speed is not the be all and end all of it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:59:39 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: August 30, 2011, 02:08:02 PM »
I love how a man who saying a regular starter for a CLEARLY superior (in every way) international team couldn't make for England go question my judgement. Irony is a hell of a thing. I bet you is one ah dem poor fellas who does go into every World Cup expecting England to win it. I agree Per slow but speed is not the be all and end all of it.

who would Mertesaker displace to start for England?  England problems never been defense so doh try da schupidness fella.  England play going forward always sputter in the midfield which causes the attack to be ineffective.  Per better than Terry or a fit Rio Ferdinand?  Guy try yuh bess nah.  Apart from that international ball and club ball different hoss.  To me it would make sense to get ah man who doin it in the EPL and commands the respect of his peers than to go raid ah team dat let een goals galore fuh a CB, buh daz jess me.  Expect England to win what?  Yuh feel is yesterday I start watchin football aought?  Wha shit yuh really talkin hoss?!!  Like ah say before allyuh go brave killa!!!! 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: August 30, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »

who would Mertesaker displace to start for England?  England problems never been defense so doh try da schupidness fella.  England play going forward always sputter in the midfield which causes the attack to be ineffective.  Per better than Terry or a fit Rio Ferdinand?  Guy try yuh bess nah.  Apart from that international ball and club ball different hoss.  To me it would make sense to get ah man who doin it in the EPL and commands the respect of his peers than to go raid ah team dat let een goals galore fuh a CB, buh daz jess me.  Expect England to win what?  Yuh feel is yesterday I start watchin football aought?  Wha shit yuh really talkin hoss?!!  Like ah say before allyuh go brave killa!!!! 
I didn't say he better than a fit Terry or Ferdinand, but like I said, he better than Cahill. I guess England problem wasn't defence when Germany drop 4 on them in the World Cup? Boss the way yuh talkin it doh really seem too far fetched that yuh start watching football yesterday. Anyway, yuh clearly set on yuh ideas in the face of reason so no point carrying on this conversation.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: August 30, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »
Park Chu-young resembles a Wenger player but Arsenal fans may disagree
The forward was Asian Young Player of 2004 and impressed at Monaco but may have to do more to win over the Emirates

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/30/park-chu-young-wenger-arsenal

"I had to choose between Lille and Arsenal," said Park Chu-young as he arrived home in South Korea on Monday for national team duty. "I wanted to choose without regret." Whether Arsène Wenger will say the same after signing the 26-year-old striker remains to be seen.

The fee is low, around £3m but is less a reflection of ability than a two-year military tour of duty that starts in 2013, though he may be able to join a police team instead in 2014. That deadline, a 2012 Olympic medal grants exemption, was why the player was increasingly desperate to leave Monaco after three years and why, with a deal almost done on Saturday, he dropped everything at Lille to head to London.

Park has been a huge star in his homeland since becoming Asian Young Player of 2004 and impressing for FC Seoul from 2005. Later, he suffered from injuries, loss of form and confidence – for a while one-on-ones became painful to watch. It was only after a move to Monaco in 2008 that he really started to develop into one of Asia's best strikers.

That accolade may not impress Arsenal fans and even his Asian fans don't expect Park to become an automatic starter anytime soon. The feeling was that after impressing on the Mediterranean, Park had earned the chance to play on a bigger stage and French champions Lille sounded about right. Arsenal interest was a surprise but every time the Daegu-born striker has had the chance to make the step to the next level, he has done so.

Twelve goals out of a total of 38 in Monaco's relegation season is a good return but although Park's finishing has improved, it remains erratic. Comparisons to Nikolas Bendtner end there however. The hard-working Korean offers much more technically than the Dane. At times, Monaco lamented the lack of a killer instinct – perhaps Lille would disagree – but will miss his vision, touch and awareness around the penalty area.

With an Arsenal squad stretched, Park brings versatility – he can play on the left or right but prefers the middle – and pace. A six-footer, he will adapt to the rigours of English football more quickly than Park Ji-sung or Lee Chung-yong. The South Korean captain takes a better free-kick than Theo Walcott as demonstrated against Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup. A good header of the ball with a good head on his shoulders (an IQ of 150) he has the look of a Wenger player, though again, that may not be what Arsenal fans currently want to hear.

With a pre-season tour of Asia and the addition of Ryo Miyaichi from Japan, the London club are suddenly active in the far eastern market. Despite the hype, most European teams receive little commercial boost from Asian players. This could be different. Arsenal can make Miyaichi a star at home but Park already is one.

It can't be too long before Arsenal credit cards (it is rarely about shirts) are a new must-have item in Seoul. Park now has to show he can earn similar status in London.

An IQ of 150. WTF!!! What he doing in football??? That's literally genius level.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: August 30, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »
Good chance yall will be signing Benayoun tomorrow, he has confirmed that he'll be joining Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs. I would think Arsenal are the most likely of the three....unless the Modric deal is back on.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: August 30, 2011, 03:17:10 PM »
I didn't say he better than a fit Terry or Ferdinand, but like I said, he better than Cahill. I guess England problem wasn't defence when Germany drop 4 on them in the World Cup? Boss the way yuh talkin it doh really seem too far fetched that yuh start watching football yesterday. Anyway, yuh clearly set on yuh ideas in the face of reason so no point carrying on this conversation.

Buy Mertesaker quick nah! buy buy buy!! :rotfl: 

1]; } ?>