March 29, 2024, 04:28:26 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891958 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #4800 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
thoughts on todays game?
every game we play seems to be a big game

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: October 19, 2011, 09:16:47 AM »
thoughts on todays game?

Arsenal's group is a tough one. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: October 19, 2011, 10:11:48 AM »
thoughts on todays game?
Arsenal's group is a tough one. 
Very tough. Don't know much about Marseilles but I've seen Remy play for France and he's good. Apparently Wenger tried to sign Lucho Gonzalez this summer so they must rate his ability. Their keeper is considered the second best in France after Lloris. They have been struggling in the league (9 points and 1 win in 10 games) but beating Dortmund 3-0 is what I worried about. I'd be happy with a point, based on Arsenal's fragile confidence. Quality wise I don't see why we can't win today but it's not down to just quality.
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: October 19, 2011, 10:52:08 AM »
thoughts on todays game?
Every game IS a big game when you are trying to regain decent form after a run like Arsenal has suffered.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: October 19, 2011, 02:46:31 PM »
ONE NIIIIIIIL TO THE ARSENAL!!!!!!!!

Are we still in a crisis?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:52:05 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: October 19, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »
Posted on the CL thread but say wha!

All game Arsenal hitting crosses into the box with one man waiting for the cross. Nutten happening. No time left Marseille bunker down with 10, Djourou hit an early cross and guess what! Arsenal have three men attacking the box, goal to the Arsenal. Football funny in truth yes.
Hint hint ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:15 AM »
next big game STOKE

and like wenger say, i want a draw in machester.

so side lookin like

cheezey
JD Luftwaffe LK Santos
Song Arteta Rosicky/AA
Walcott RVP Gervinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: October 21, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »
As Arsenal will have a centre back playing at right back I think it might be time to let Ox play on the right. Just a thought. Of course we have to worry about Stoke and their army of Orcs injuring more of the players.

They might play Ramsey at ACM as well. Who knows.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: October 21, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
As Arsenal will have a centre back playing at right back I think it might be time to let Ox play on the right. Just a thought. Of course we have to worry about Stoke and their army of Orcs injuring more of the players.

They might play Ramsey at ACM as well. Who knows.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

stoke really is a ruff side

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
COME ON THE ARSENAL!  ;D

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: October 23, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »
Them fellas step up the possession getting better and better  ..... we are short of one inform attacker or winger but we almost there!!
I like the idea of interchanging Ramsey and Rosicky they will keep each other honest ... thought DJourou looked good as a wingback!
Gervinho is tears and last but not least  ROBIN VAN PERRSSSSIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:20 PM »
Them fellas step up the possession getting better and better  ..... we are short of one inform attacker or winger but we almost there!!
I like the idea of interchanging Ramsey and Rosicky they will keep each other honest ... thought DJourou looked good as a wingback!
Gervinho is tears and last but not least  ROBIN VAN PERRSSSSIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!

We still need another top striker. As good as RvP is, you really want to bank on him lasting all season? I real want Chamakh to succeed but he not cuttin it. What is going on with Park though?

Rick James man of the match. Hope he can continue this form.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »
Damn good day to be a Gooner. Results in Manchester and West London just icing on the cake (although a Mancester tie would be the better result). Shame Torres coming back next week but at least Drogba and Bosingwa will be suspended.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: October 23, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »

We still need another top striker. As good as RvP is, you really want to bank on him lasting all season? I real want Chamakh to succeed but he not cuttin it. What is going on with Park though?

I understand they looking at Rodellega. Think he's a good option.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: October 24, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »

Meh. Not really too impressed by Rodellega honestly. I feel we need a better option than that.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: October 24, 2011, 02:38:20 PM »

Meh. Not really too impressed by Rodellega honestly. I feel we need a better option than that.

we need prem ready ballers.   i had always like rodallega, feel he will be one of them men where the step up in class will see him really shine.  the man know where the goal is and i could see him linking up nicely with them fellas up top.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: October 25, 2011, 05:45:57 AM »

we need prem ready ballers.   i had always like rodallega, feel he will be one of them men where the step up in class will see him really shine.  the man know where the goal is and i could see him linking up nicely with them fellas up top.

Rodellega to me is kinda like when fergie was discussing Yorke ... given the right platform he will scale heights!!!
There is a youth man who plays for blackburn ... hollett or something?
Tears the youth is tears!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:05:31 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: October 25, 2011, 05:49:51 AM »
I remember when we start off bad men come on here calling for Arsene head so when I saw this article I had to put it on here.
Had a guy here who claim he been supporting Arsenal since the 80's cyah remember he f**king name and yet big article Arsene must go .... i go look .. prick!!!

This one is about Walcott .. granted he playing shit but fans are seriously fickle!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/909884-debate-about-walcotts-future-at-arsenal-highlights-the-danger-of-emotionalism

It is not even a year yet since Arsenal fans, in apparent agony, lamented the lack of safe hands in Arsenal goal. They had their usual victim in their cross-hairs, Arsene Wenger, whom they deemed unnecessarily stubborn and uncannily irrational in his reticence towards signing a clearly needed goalkeeper.

When, afterwards, Lukas Fabianski had a good run of excellent games, the din subsided, only to resurface when he got injured and the crisis appeared to return. Now everyone seems to agree that Wojciech Szczęsny  is an excellent keeper and may yet develop to become one of the world's best.

The funny thing is that during all that ballyhoo about goalkeeping crises at Arsenal and the need to buy one, the team already had Szczęsny. In the end, Wenger's reticence has been proven to be prudence. He, indeed, has saved Arsenal some valuable money.

Only a few games ago, Arsenal fans wanted Laurent Koscielny—whom they consider a good exemplar of a bad defender—shipped away from Arsenal. Now, after three good games, Koscielny is the darling of their defense—talk about changing with every gust of wind!

There is, of course, the recent talk about relegation at the end of the season, merely because Arsenal failed to recreate their accustomed good start to the season. For the fickle fans, four defeats equals relegation at the end of the season. They, of course, had their hatchets ready for Wenger's head yet again.

There was even talk of unfurling a banner about sacking Wenger, whom many fans considered the obstacle to Arsenal's future. Some even asked for Carlo Ancelotti!  But after a few run of good results, it appears the king may yet retain his crown.

Instant gratification seems to be the only language the current culture of football knows; the fickleness of Arsenal fans, as highlighted above, is only one example of this. Manchester City's spending spree or Manchester's United's debt, and while at it, Barcelona's and Real Maldrid's, represents another.

But what troubles me and prompts this article is the sentiment developing among some Arsenal fans about whether or not Arsenal should renew Theo Walcott's contract. They come out again as irrational as ever. Here is a sample of their opinion:

•Theo has gone backwards. It's funny how I never see articles about how bad Theo is, but I see hundreds of articles going on about how bad Arshavin is even though once again he had to come on and help improve the team on Sunday. Theo should not be given a new contract—so bad lately (emphases are mine).
•It's players like Theo Walcott we need to get rid off! Arshavin, Walcott and Chamakh need to move on from Arsenal...for Walcott, he needs to go he is just so poor, can't cross, can't shoot! He is just fast and when he does get in good position, his decision-making is shocking!
•Let him go, Arsene. He flatters to deceive. Sure, he's got pace, but it's no good when it's not linked to any vision, skill or capability. He's a headless chicken. Get as much money as you can and buy someone else—we won't miss him... (See here.)
The absurdity of this sentiment becomes apparent when one considers that just four games ago, the Emirates turned fearfully quiet at the thought of a Walcott injury. You see, Walcott had just had an excellent game in the victory against Bolton Wanderers, which included an assist for the second goal.

It was a continuation of a run of good form since the beginning of the season. He had even scored a goal in the defeat against Manchester United and was outstanding in the two games against Udinese, scoring the lone goal in the first game and another in the return leg to seal Arsenal's qualification for the UEFA Champions League.

After this great start to the season, and owing to the team's woeful beginning, there was then a genuine fear that Arsenal may not be able to retain him. Commentators urged Arsenal to find a way to make him sign a new contract or risk losing him in the same manner they had in Samir Nasri's case.

And now because of a few bad games, Walcott is trash. How irrational human beings can be. It is not without reason that Voltaire called them incurably stupid, lacking a shard of le bon sens.

A little common sense would prompt Arsenal fans to jump at the opportunity for extending Walcott's contract now that he want to talk about contract extension; they would encourage the management to sign him as quickly as possible to forestall the possibility of losing him to Manchester City (!) come summer.

For one thing is sure: Walcott will recover his form and when he does, Arsenal may not be able to keep him. This is therefore the right time to sign him when no team is interested!

But who says common sense is a liberal commodity?

If fans only employed their rational faculty in times of adversity they would know that knee-jerk reactions are seldom helpful. The same fans who wanted to slaughter Wenger for not signing a "world class" goalkeeper no longer think Arsenal have a goalkeeping problem.

The same ones who bayed for his blood over Koscielny, think Koscielny is now the Rock of Gibraltar.

Furthermore, the same ones, who now clamor for Oxlade-Chamberlain on the strength of a good couple of games, will be the first to throw him to the dogs when he passes through the inevitable patch of bad form.

Were they not the same ones that proclaimed his signing a waste of money when what Arsenal really needed was Chris Samba? (Not that Chris Samba would have been a bad idea, either.)

Recall, after all, that in the first part of last season, when the big stars were absent from Arsenal's lineup—Walcott (injured), Fabregas (injured), Van Persie (injured), it was the vilified duo of Marouane Chamakh and Andre Arshavin who stepped up and gave us an excellent first half of the season.

Ironically, it was when the stars returned that the season went downhill. My point? It is a not a pleasant sign when fans too quickly throw players under the bus during a patch of bad form.

Who says Chamakh may not recreate his former good form? Who says Walcott may not as yet become the next Thierry Henry? Why can we not support our players when they pass through the unavoidable bad time, stay together (team and fans) come rain or shine?

Besides, it is not the same fans that lament the dearth of senior players in the squad? Why are we too ready to discard those that show less than 100 percent form? Manchester United, after all, keep around the Michael Owens. Might it not be for reasons other than mere excellent form?

I would like to end by appealing to Arsenal fans to please keep faith with Walcott, to stop swinging about with every fickle wind. It is during the bad patches more than any that players need the support of the fans more.

How can we demand loyalty from them when we too quickly withhold ours?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: October 25, 2011, 06:15:03 AM »
Rodellega in the right team may very well be an excellent striker. Personally I like Defoe,  he is a proven striker and everyone knows he is not happy at Spurs.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: October 25, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
Rodellega in the right team may very well be an excellent striker. Personally I like Defoe,  he is a proven striker and everyone knows he is not happy at Spurs.

Defoe have it hard as a small man in England - Dey like dey strikers to be more physically imposing over there. 

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: October 25, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »
Defoe normally plays off a big man he doesnt lead the line himself thats probably why I would give Rodellega the edge he can play the wing or leads the line and his movement is good .. although to be fair Defoe movement off the ball is excellent ... Observer hmm you may have some merit to that statement  our Attack is killing us because of limited movement .. defoe will run off the ball till he drop.
Two very viable options.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: October 25, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »

I doh know if I could handle a Spurs man strikin for we nuh? Arsene not payin dat transfer fee anyway.

Maybe I harsh on Rodellega, I dunno. I just doh think he is the kind of man to create something out of nothing. That is the kind of striker Arsenal need in my opinion.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: October 25, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
Rodallega have a real nice volley - solider could real pull the ball out of the air jed!

He and Forlan are two of the cleanest volleyers I could think of, off the bat. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
Oh gawm, Squillaci playing.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »
Rodallega have a real nice volley - solider could real pull the ball out of the air jed!

If yuh wanna go old school  Carlo Ancellotti could volley a ball like it do him something and meh boy Roberto Baggio!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: October 25, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »

If yuh wanna go old school  Carlo Ancellotti could volley a ball like it do him something and meh boy Roberto Baggio!

haha yeah I was more thinking current...

Yeah Baggio used tuh make dem volleys dip wicked wicked...Gullit had some of the cleanest volley technique I could remember

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: October 25, 2011, 01:37:01 PM »
The best on the volley for me was Hugo Sanchez & Marco Van Basten. With Hugo scoring the most volleys I see in my life. Don't matter where that ball come, any height, he could volley it.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:22 PM »
Yeah I could never forget Marco volley vs Russia in the european champinship final fyah!!
I saw Sanchez score a scorpion so de man taking volleys to another level!
If I had to go recent I'd go with this italian boy Gasperini from Inter Milan and this freak from AC Milan Zlatan Ibra ... fellas have no right to be volleying like that!
In fact I think the italians have pretty good volleying technique from a long time.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4828 on: October 25, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
I remember when we start off bad men come on here calling for Arsene head so when I saw this article I had to put it on here.
Had a guy here who claim he been supporting Arsenal since the 80's cyah remember he f**king name and yet big article Arsene must go .... i go look .. prick!!!

This one is about Walcott .. granted he playing shit but fans are seriously fickle!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/909884-debate-about-walcotts-future-at-arsenal-highlights-the-danger-of-emotionalism

Not that some fans aren't fickle, but articles like that talk as if fans share one collective voice. The Arsenal fans who are saying we should let Walcott go aren't necessarily the same ones who jump on his bandwagon after a few performances. More than likely, it's two separate groups of people - the ones who don't like Walcott and the ones who do.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: October 25, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »
Park starts his goalscoring for The Arsenal.

http://cfile209.uf.daum.net/image/13498B3F4EA715B41FDB57

‎4 wins in a row! Are we still in crisis?

Remember after the Sp*rs game Song said we need to win the next 5. Chelsea is #5...

1]; } ?>