April 29, 2024, 08:09:36 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 901740 times)

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #5280 on: August 18, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »
Carzola was the best player today, our only bright spot.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: August 18, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »

men was talking bout oh how he small and this and that...the man is a baller plain and simple.  the offense will take some time to gel but i am not worried

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: August 20, 2012, 08:26:12 AM »

men was talking bout oh how he small and this and that...the man is a baller plain and simple.  the offense will take some time to gel but i am not worried

Aguero, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta all small, dat is just talk.

Now arsenal set to sign Sahin, I have always liked this player, though he has not seen much action recently.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:28:11 AM by Observer »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: August 20, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »

Now arsenal set to sign Sahin, I have always liked this player, though he has not seen much action recently.

i had heard his name but had not seen him play.  youtubed him and he looks decent, good defensively and silky smooth on the ball  (of course is youtube so u have to take it with a grain of salt).     

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: August 21, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »
Thought Gervinho, Arteta and Gibbs looked good too. Theo was double and triple teamed every time he got the ball but didn't always have the technique or support from his fullback to shift the ball to take advantage of the gaps he created. Jenks still not sure when to go forward and when to stay back. That will only come with time. Diaby had some good moments but he holds on to the ball too long.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: August 21, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »
Thought Gervinho, Arteta and Gibbs looked good too. Theo was double and triple teamed every time he got the ball but didn't always have the technique or support from his fullback to shift the ball to take advantage of the gaps he created. Jenks still not sure when to go forward and when to stay back. That will only come with time. Diaby had some good moments but he holds on to the ball too long.

Gervinho was on point, the fella rel show off he self.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: August 21, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »
Not convinced about Gervinho even when he was at Lille, but we will see. He has moments, I find him very predictable and seriously one footed. The interesting thing is he is better beating to his left. go figure!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: August 21, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »
Not convinced about Gervinho even when he was at Lille, but we will see. He has moments, I find him very predictable and seriously one footed. The interesting thing is he is better beating to his left. go figure!

Because he can turn inside onto his right foot I think. He's a dribbler, not a crosser. The man clearly has ability but he needs to step up.

giggsy11

« Reply #5289 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »

And he does run the ball over the line like SWP, cause he either run out of room or her push it to far. He must have done that at least 3 or 4 times on Saturday.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: August 21, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »

Tevez, Aguero and Cazorla are built like boxers.  Yuh can't look at them and wisely say they too small for the prem.  Wha bout Nasri and Silva?  Them is muscle-men nah.  Stop talkin to those ppl.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:15 AM »
Walcott is now for sale. I know he is young, but it is not a bad thing to sell Theo for the crazy money being offered. He is a player that has one good game in every 7, way too inconsistent.

Arsenal has offered 6.1 mil a year & Walcott has turned it down
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:05:41 AM by Observer »
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: August 30, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
Walcott is now for sale. I know he is young, but it is not a bad thing to sell Theo for the crazy money being offered. He is a player that has one good game in every 7, way too inconsistent.

Arsenal has offered 6.1 mil a year & Walcott has turned it down
Theo plays well in games against teams who will take the game to Arsenal. Against teams that sit deep and play on the break he struggles. It's weird but he does well in big games but not in small ones. He has to play with more tactical intelligence in ordinary fixtures order to live up to his potential.

giggsy11

« Reply #5293 on: September 02, 2012, 07:08:17 AM »
I pullin for Arsenal this year. If United don't win the title, then I want Arsenal to take it.
As much as people have issues with players leaving Arsenal, I think it is good to bring in new players with a different and fresh, hungry attitude. This Arsenal side playing harder and smarter than other sides in recent years.
There are good things to come from Arsenal this year.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: September 02, 2012, 07:27:21 AM »
This is the first game I'm watching with the "new" Arsenal, the improvement in defense is amazing.  Diaby has been gone so long, you forget just how good he is. Giroud need a goal bad.

For Liverpool, Sterling looks like the real deal. Liverpool have the knock right now, but I don't think they put a shot on frame yet.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: September 02, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »
well well well 2 nil Arsenal. Liverpool is rel shit then.

Rena get beaten with pace.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #5296 on: September 02, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
Liverstool need a goalie! Rena partying to much from Spain winnin shite!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: September 02, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
I beginning to think the only luck Liverpool have is bad luck.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #5298 on: September 02, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
But aa, Ramsey can't even start these days. And he will be eatin serious bench if and whenever Wilshere come back and Diaby manage to stay healthy.

giggsy11

« Reply #5299 on: September 02, 2012, 08:10:30 AM »
Best and most exciting thing Liverstool have going for them is the 17year old youthman. He has been impressive thus far this season.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: September 02, 2012, 08:11:59 AM »

He sure did.....and as much as ah see he feelin' bad about it and ah glad to see liverpool and dey fans suffer, ah hadda kinda defend de fella....GK's of any height have dat lil' "blind spot" where the ball will creep under yuh where yuh hands cyah reach if yuh can't get your body down behind the ball fast enough.....yuh could see the ball hit his elbow......rel hard before in fly een de net.  These past few years liverpool really lookin' like a team outta place.....like Oliver Twist crash a party in Richie Rich house.....Chelsea better doh take no shit from dis shit side this year nuh!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #5301 on: September 02, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »

He sure did.....and as much as ah see he feelin' bad about it and ah glad to see liverpool and dey fans suffer, ah hadda kinda defend de fella....GK's of any height have dat lil' "blind spot" where the ball will creep under yuh where yuh hands cyah reach if yuh can't get your body down behind the ball fast enough.....yuh could see the ball hit his elbow......rel hard before in fly een de net.  These past few years liverpool really lookin' like a team outta place.....like Oliver Twist crash a party in Richie Rich house.....Chelsea better doh take no shit from dis shit side this year nuh!

Dise he problem right dey, he not getting down fast enough tuh make saves and bad positioning hence letting in all dem soft goals he has been lettin in. Ah bet his arse overweight too!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: September 02, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
 De Gea would save that
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #5303 on: September 02, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
De Gea would save that

LOl! SHHHHHHHHHHhhh-doh jinx we nah, since we aint play yet!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: September 02, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »
Whatever was told to Diaby before today's game against Liverpool I hope it was recorded to be played every week. Best game I've seen him play in, what, 2-3 years, bearing in mind he was injured for most of the time. Liverpool had a great first half and it boiled down a bit in the second. Three clean sheets in three games, better marking on set plays, better position tackling and field awareness (even Jenkinson had a good defensive game) is great for us! Lastly, even though our goals came from an error back pass and a keeper failing to cover ground fast enough, we can build on it start to score!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »

Dise he problem right dey, he not getting down fast enough tuh make saves and bad positioning hence letting in all dem soft goals he has been lettin in. Ah bet his arse overweight too!

but ent yuh say dat?!?!  He in fete match mode, remember?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5306 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

Oh please..

Any ball low and hard close to yuh body like that is an easy save with feet once yuh cut out the angle. After all it had nowhere else for Cazorla to put the ball other than square back on top of the box.

For a supposedly top class goalkeeper, that was a stupid goal to concede and I'm sure he himself would admit that. There is no excusing that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: September 02, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »
I beginning to think the only luck Liverpool have is bad luck.

We eh need luck... we need finishers.  18-19 shots but only 4 on goal, including one speculative effort from 35 yards from Agger.  Credit to Arsenal, especially Podolski and Cazorla, they made the most of their chances.  If I'm not mistaken both had hands in each other's goals.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: September 02, 2012, 03:51:09 PM »

Oh please..

Any ball low and hard close to yuh body like that is an easy save with feet once yuh cut out the angle. After all it had nowhere else for Cazorla to put the ball other than square back on top of the box.

For a supposedly top class goalkeeper, that was a stupid goal to concede and I'm sure he himself would admit that. There is no excusing that.

Nobody sayin' reina wouldn't be feeling disappointed....GK's does try to use their feet to kick-save and miss same way too so there's no guarantee he was saving it with his feet if he tried....I am merely pointing out that once he decided he was going to drop his body behind the ball (and not use his feet to kick at it) he was a little slow getting down and inherently doomed because of where the ball passed under him that his hands weren't of better use to him.  If reina was a little quicker getting down or that ball was about a foot further to his left, we would not be having this discussion.  Also, you are terribly mistaken if you think that cazorla's options were as limited as you claimed.  Even in spite of the defender bearing down on him, he coulda slammed the ball further into the last post than he put it, top or bottom corner or he coulda slap it in the top near corner.     

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: September 02, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »

Oh please..

Nobody sayin' reina wouldn't be feeling disappointed....GK's does try to use their feet to kick-save and miss same way too so there's no guarantee he was saving it with his feet if he tried....I am merely pointing out that once he decided he was going to drop his body behind the ball (and not use his feet to kick at it) he was a little slow getting down and inherently doomed because of where the ball passed under him that his hands weren't of better use to him.  If reina was a little quicker getting down or that ball was about a foot further to his left, we would not be having this discussion.  Also, you are terribly mistaken if you think that cazorla's options were as limited as you claimed.  Even in spite of the defender bearing down on him, he coulda slammed the ball further into the last post than he put it, top or bottom corner or he coulda slap it in the top near corner.     

With all due respect dread, yuh talking some lala there..

I might be a jokey fete match keeper, but i know that there are some simple basics which Reina got totally wrong on that one.

There is a way to approach certain situations and cover certain angles to give for a keeper to give himself the best possible chance of blocking a shot. From the angle that Cazorla came in shooting on the left foot across his body, the approach needed for that situation is to step forward to cover the near post and reduce the far post angle as much as possible.  I thought Reina shoulda step forward a little bit more even though he had it fairly well covered. I even thought he couldve stepped forward more on the Podolski goal which was scored from a similar position.

Once Reina gets into the right position he limits Cazorla's options to scoring through his legs or it has to be a very precise shot to get it inside the far post. Only other way Cazorla scoring is by doing something miraculous like roofing it at extreme pace in the near post Vs. All of these are low percentage options.

My main point is that Reina's decision to go down with hands was totally the wrong one. You can't say well once he decided to use his hands etc..... that is a decision making error from jump. If he is in the correct position, then any low shot is within reach using a foot save. By going down for it, he sacrificed the weak spot near his feet and let himself get beaten for pace.

These guys are top class keepers and it have no hard luck in it. Just the fact that you willing to concede that Reina would be disappointed with that is an admission that it was a frankoment goalkeeping error.

1]; } ?>