February 23, 2020, 02:27:02 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 615092 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FORWARD
« Reply #6060 on: December 28, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
LOL! A lil 2 mingy goals and you coassin! Not that comfortable. 3 points. We have Walcott, Ozil and Giroud to come back. and we tied on points with Southampton in 4th, who are our next game. Why should I be ashamed? We could be 4th by new years day.

d bold overstatements and understatements boss ..................plus manu continues to progress in bits and pieces while arsenal can ominously loose to anyone at anytime this season......alyuh gettin "surprised" this season too often for alyuh own good........tell mih ah lie nah!

edit look what burnley jus do vs Man city.....alyuh have more "surprises" comin

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:11:40 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: December 28, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »
LOL! A lil 2 mingy goals and you coassin! Not that comfortable. 3 points. We have Walcott, Ozil and Giroud to come back. and we tied on points with Southampton in 4th, who are our next game. Why should I be ashamed? We could be 4th by new years day.

d bold overstatements and understatements boss ..................plus manu continues to progress in bits and pieces while arsenal can ominously loose to anyone at anytime this season......alyuh gettin "surprised" this season too often for alyuh own good........tell mih ah lie nah!

edit look what burnley jus do vs Man city.....alyuh have more "surprises" comin

Anyone can lose to anyone. Ent Leicester surprise United? We lose one more game than allyuh. How bold do I have to be? Koscielny, Arsenal's best defender, now come back and Ozil and Walcott, two of our best attackers will be back soon. In fact Theo was on the bench today. And we beat Burnley 3-0. We progressing in bits and pieces too.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: December 28, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Third to last game of the season is Arsenal vs Manchester United. Might be pivotal in determining at least one team's fate.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: December 28, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »
Third to last game of the season is Arsenal vs Manchester United. Might be pivotal in determining at least one team's fate.

Could be. I think both will make top 4. My only question is in what order.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: December 28, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »

dis is all I arguin...... not to long ago u dismiss dat right off d the bat as impossible for man u, I is not ah manu fan by the way...............jus find dismissing dem was folly on your part, which u did
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: December 28, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »

dis is all I arguin...... not to long ago u dismiss dat right off d the bat as impossible for man u, I is not ah manu fan by the way...............jus find dismissing dem was folly on your part, which u did

I am surprised they getting anywhere with that defence. Seemed reasonable enough to expect they wouldn't make it. De Gea has been much better this season and he pull them out of many games (Arsenal and Liverpool for example) when they really shoulda get licks.

Thought you were a Man U fan given the string of conversation. Apologies.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:56:01 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: December 28, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »
I am surprised they getting anywhere with that defence. Seemed reasonable enough to expect they wouldn't make it. De Gea has been much better this season and he pull them out of many games (Arsenal and Liverpool for example) when they really shoulda get licks.

I hear yuh but given what I seen of Van gaal, I not going and write he off jus so

Thought you were a Man U fan given the string of conversation. Apologies
I does back d blue side of london mih boy

I pity the fool....

Offline SWO_TNTFAN

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: December 30, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem receives US citizenship, plans on committing to American cause

As United States national team fans found out Monday evening, sometimes the best Christmas presents come late.

According to a report from the Washington Post‘s Steve Goff, 17-year-old Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem, who spent his formative years in Maryland before making the move to the English Premier League giants, has gained US citizenship and is now eligible to represent the United States in international competition.

Zelalem is also eligible to represent Germany and Ethiopia, but Goff cited sources who said the teenager has told friends and U.S. officials that he plans on committing to the American cause. He moved to the US at age nine before jumping across the pond at 16 to join the Gunners.
Should Zelalem receive FIFA approval, he would become one of the brightest young prospects in the American talent pool, with an opportunity to represent the US at the 2016 Olympic Games on the horizon as well as a looming introduction to Jurgen Klinsmann’s senior team.

Though he’s mostly played for Arsenal’s youth teams to go along with first-team cameos in the FA Cup and Champions League, Zelalem’s managed to build a reputation as one of the brightest attacking talents in Europe despite the lack of a league appearance.

That honor will come according to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who signed Zelalem to his first professional contract in March and says what the midfielder currently lacks in frame, he makes up for in technical ability and awareness.
“He is a player with a good eye and good technique and is very agile,” Wenger told SI.com in July. “He has the ambition to find the ball on the field. So he's the kind of player who could be of use to the United States. He's in some ways the type of player the U.S. was missing in the World Cup.”

Of course, it remains to be seen whether Zelalem will realize that vast potential, but after months of speculation about his international future, it seems US fans can rest easy knowing the talented teenager is set to wear red, white and blue.
 http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/30/report-arsenal-starlet-gedion-zelalem-receives-us-citizenship-plans-committi

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: January 01, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
Tsk, tsk, tsk ... Arsenal is not skipping a beat in being poor defensively.
"It is not possible to make successful policy in a state of ignorance or indifference to what goes on in the real world." --- Martin Daly.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: January 01, 2015, 11:43:28 PM »

Shezz and Kos had an uncharacteristically bad day. It happens. But with a totally makeshift central midfield we really have no proper attacking threat against the best defence in the league. I don't see Arsenal buying a world class central midfielder in January (I don't think any are available) but this team crying out for one.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:55 PM »
Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem receives US citizenship, plans on committing to American cause

As United States national team fans found out Monday evening, sometimes the best Christmas presents come late.

According to a report from the Washington Post‘s Steve Goff, 17-year-old Arsenal starlet Gedion Zelalem, who spent his formative years in Maryland before making the move to the English Premier League giants, has gained US citizenship and is now eligible to represent the United States in international competition.

Zelalem is also eligible to represent Germany and Ethiopia, but Goff cited sources who said the teenager has told friends and U.S. officials that he plans on committing to the American cause. He moved to the US at age nine before jumping across the pond at 16 to join the Gunners.
Should Zelalem receive FIFA approval, he would become one of the brightest young prospects in the American talent pool, with an opportunity to represent the US at the 2016 Olympic Games on the horizon as well as a looming introduction to Jurgen Klinsmann’s senior team.

Though he’s mostly played for Arsenal’s youth teams to go along with first-team cameos in the FA Cup and Champions League, Zelalem’s managed to build a reputation as one of the brightest attacking talents in Europe despite the lack of a league appearance.

That honor will come according to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who signed Zelalem to his first professional contract in March and says what the midfielder currently lacks in frame, he makes up for in technical ability and awareness.
“He is a player with a good eye and good technique and is very agile,” Wenger told SI.com in July. “He has the ambition to find the ball on the field. So he's the kind of player who could be of use to the United States. He's in some ways the type of player the U.S. was missing in the World Cup.”

Of course, it remains to be seen whether Zelalem will realize that vast potential, but after months of speculation about his international future, it seems US fans can rest easy knowing the talented teenager is set to wear red, white and blue.
 http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/30/report-arsenal-starlet-gedion-zelalem-receives-us-citizenship-plans-committi

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: January 03, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »

Shezz and Kos had an uncharacteristically bad day. It happens. But with a totally makeshift central midfield we really have no proper attacking threat against the best defence in the league. I don't see Arsenal buying a world class central midfielder in January (I don't think any are available) but this team crying out for one.

arsenal string of CL qualification great escapes maybe at an end..........dat fourth place going and be a tussling dog fight.......it jus have too many teams dis year dat can simply put, jus beat arsenal.....and by dat I mean u can almost predict the teams dat will beat dem.....to d point dat yuh doh even be surprised when it happen................ knew swans would, knew Southampton would.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:07:05 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: January 03, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »

arsenal string of CL qualification great escapes maybe at an end..........dat fourth place going and be a tussling dog fight.......it jus have too many teams dis year dat can simply put, jus beat arsenal.....and by dat I mean u can almost predict the teams dat will beat dem.....to d point dat yuh doh even be surprised when it happen................ knew swans would, knew Southampton would.

Every year for the last 10 years they say Arsenal not making top 4 but every year they do. We beat Southampton at home, lost away. Last year when Everton beat us away they said the saaaame thing. And our best players still to come back. I does smile when people say Arsenal not making top 4. I waiting for them to say it in the media. That way I know we making it.

edit
Half the season left to play. Not nearly time to worry about top 4 yet.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:57:00 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:55 PM »
Podolski apparently loaned to Inter Milan. Waiting to see the official Arsenal.com announcement but looks very likely. The curse of the #9 shirt continues.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: January 03, 2015, 05:49:10 PM »
Every year for the last 10 years they say Arsenal not making top 4 but every year they do. We beat Southampton at home, lost away. Last year when Everton beat us away they said the saaaame thing. And our best players still to come back. I does smile when people say Arsenal not making top 4. I waiting for them to say it in the media. That way I know we making it.

edit

nah mih boy dis year alyuh lookin especially shaky, goh take mih licks like ah man if ah wrong.....but last year arsenal was getting points dey losing dis year is not jus loses, is draws too......... this time last year alyuh was 1st on 42pts, alyuh actually had points to cushion dem now predictable bumps in d road alyuh does have  ..............checked back a few years this is d weakest start alyuh have in years and let d record show alyuh din' really start weak in d last few seasons.... dis year on d other hand 6th 7th and have racked up more loses and draws early in the season than before................stats tell ah story
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6075 on: January 03, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »

edit

nah mih boy dis year alyuh lookin especially shaky, goh take mih licks like ah man if ah wrong.....but last year arsenal was getting points dey losing dis year is not jus loses, is draws too......... this time last year alyuh was 1st on 42pts, alyuh actually had points to cushion dem now predictable bumps in d road alyuh does have  ..............checked back a few years this is d weakest start alyuh have in years and let d record show alyuh din' really start weak in d last few seasons.... dis year on d other hand 6th 7th and have racked up more loses and draws early in the season than before................stats tell ah story

They said we were looking especially shaky late last year and the year before too. We have had more bumps than usual. We will probably have less of them late in the season. Last season we had a fantastic start. But the two seasons before that we had very weak starts also. This season we looking to have a fantastic end with Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey returning from injury. 4 points out of 3rd in early January is nothing to be frightened about. Like I said, they have been talking this way for the last 10 years and it eh happen yet. 2 seasons ago we started February in 7th place.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:31:02 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: January 04, 2015, 01:36:06 AM »

They said we were looking especially shaky late last year and the year before too. We have had more bumps than usual. We will probably have less of them late in the season. Last season we had a fantastic start. But the two seasons before that we had very weak starts also. This season we looking to have a fantastic end with Walcott, Ozil and Ramsey returning from injury. 4 points out of 3rd in early January is nothing to be frightened about. Like I said, they have been talking this way for the last 10 years and it eh happen yet. 2 seasons ago we started February in 7th place.

yeah but alyuh problem is dis year southampton doin what alyuh was doin last year, but better  beatin d rest of table and dey take point from chelsea and now from alyuh, unlike everton last year their challenge is very strong due to a generous fixture draw perhaps, but they have a solid defense and capable attack..........arsenal has been average in both this year
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:59:00 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: January 04, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »

yeah but alyuh problem is dis year southampton doin what alyuh was doin last year, but better  beatin d rest of table and dey take point from chelsea and now from alyuh, unlike everton last year their challenge is very strong due to a generous fixture draw perhaps, but they have a solid defense and capable attack..........arsenal has been average in both this year
Is capable attack the same as average attack?
Live large and prosper!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: January 04, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »
Is capable attack the same as average attack?

by arsenal former standards dat would be no.....arsenals strength has been attack cyah defend worth ah damn at times, but could attack....seems more than a bit off this year
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: January 04, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »

Our attack has scored as many as theirs, and missing all our big players at some point apart from Alexis. We still haven't seen Arsenal's full strength attack this season. Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey and Walcott have all missed most of the season so far. Plus the Southampton game was the first game our full starting defence played together all season. Both attack and defence will improve GREATLY. So I'm not worried. We will climb the table.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:56:54 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: January 05, 2015, 09:21:51 AM »
Our attack has scored as many as theirs, and missing all our big players at some point apart from Alexis. We still haven't seen Arsenal's full strength attack this season. Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey and Walcott have all missed most of the season so far. Plus the Southampton game was the first game our full starting defence played together all season. Both attack and defence will improve GREATLY. So I'm not worried. We will climb the table.

at this stage improvement by itself may not be enough, on top of dat SH seem to be shakin off dey "big side" jitters, if dey continue to be best of the rest and get more "big side" points.....<-----arsenal's greatest weakness right now, dey could pip alyuh
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: January 05, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »

at this stage improvement by itself may not be enough, on top of dat SH seem to be shakin off dey "big side" jitters, if dey continue to be best of the rest and get more "big side" points.....<-----arsenal's greatest weakness right now, dey could pip alyuh

Is SH going to be able to withstand Arsenal's improvement is a bigger question. Yes they could pip us. But I very much doubt it.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: January 05, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »

Is SH going to be able to withstand Arsenal's improvement is a bigger question. Yes they could pip us. But I very much doubt it.

we'll see :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: January 11, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
Whet the goners fans. Allyuh beating up Stoke 3-0. Sanchis first goal was a beaut!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: January 11, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »
Whet the goners fans. Allyuh beating up Stoke 3-0. Sanchis first goal was a beaut!

meanwhile Southampton leadin at Old Trafford
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: January 11, 2015, 12:05:56 PM »

and it's done...............if SH hold dey nerve to season's end, either Man U or arsenal eh playin no champions league ball nex' year....watch d ride
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: January 11, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »

and it's done...............if SH hold dey nerve to season's end, either Man U or arsenal eh playin no champions league ball nex' year....watch d ride

"If"

3 points between 3rd and 5th with 19 games to go. Not even close to time for worry.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: January 11, 2015, 09:13:57 PM »
3 points and  goal dif of +20 alyuh still in a spot ah bother should it come to GD..................AND dey beatin and drawin with "big team" NOW..........arsenal as per usual eh beat ah "big team" for d season yet, lehwe leave everton and pool out since it clear dem goin and finish mid table

Arsenal:
win: -
loss: manu, chelsea
draw: manC 
Total 1 pnt

SH
win: manu, arsenal
draw: chelsea
loss: manu, arsenal
Total 7 pnts

diaz ah whole 6pnts better ,even if arsenal break dey big team blight and get some ah dat 9pnts remainin, it still have d hammers, swans, spurs, pools and evertons of d world dat capable of peein in alyuh cornflakes every now and then , there is no room for error.......none

and is 17 games left eh!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:24:43 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: January 12, 2015, 02:36:16 PM »
3 points and  goal dif of +20 alyuh still in a spot ah bother should it come to GD..................AND dey beatin and drawin with "big team" NOW..........arsenal as per usual eh beat ah "big team" for d season yet, lehwe leave everton and pool out since it clear dem goin and finish mid table

Arsenal:
win: -
loss: manu, chelsea
draw: manC 
Total 1 pnt

SH
win: manu, arsenal
draw: chelsea
loss: manu, arsenal
Total 7 pnts

diaz ah whole 6pnts better ,even if arsenal break dey big team blight and get some ah dat 9pnts remainin, it still have d hammers, swans, spurs, pools and evertons of d world dat capable of peein in alyuh cornflakes every now and then , there is no room for error.......none

and is 17 games left eh!

Ok. 17 games. Plenty time still.

Southampton could get pee in their cornflakes just as well. And could well lose to the remaining big teams. By the way, your comparison isn't really accurate since we are counted in theirs but you didn't count them in ours. So is only 3 points better. Which is the gap between us. And I don't think they will keep up that record. They probably will beat Newcastle this weekend while we face City but you never know. One point you overlooked from your analysis is they get poison by weaker sides more than we did. Is not only the big teams that you have to play.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:39:50 PM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: January 12, 2015, 03:37:15 PM »
Ok. 17 games. Plenty time still.

Southampton could get pee in their cornflakes just as well.
true....but they have not necessary been out done by as many outside the top 8 or so

And could well lose to the remaining big teams.
true again........but they now may have greater confidence about getting results

By the way, your comparison isn't really accurate since we are counted in theirs but you didn't count them in ours. So is only 3 points better.
nope it was deliberate......they don't count in the context of "big team" points......they are surprise contenders

And I don't think they will keep up that record. They probably will beat Newcastle this weekend while we face City but you never know.
I have a feeling they will to an extent.......at least enough to make the last games of the season very interesting contests

One point you overlooked from your analysis is they get poison by weaker sides more than we did. Is not only the big teams that you have to play.
WHAT NAH!!!!!!..........arsenal have lost to stoke and swans....Southampton has  lost to burnley every other team on dat loss list are considered "good" to varyin degrees.... doh come wit dat..........plus dem six draws alyuh rack up
u can either accept that as of NOW the stats are against your team......even if marginally.....or not........... but it is what it is and I am telling you, arsenal or ManU CL qualification chances are tied to the hip of Southampton fortunes for rest of this season ..........alyuh destiny not TOTALLY in alyuh hands no more
I pity the fool....