April 24, 2024, 11:12:22 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 897570 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: So arsenal decide they go take we scrape ups?
« Reply #750 on: August 21, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »
De BIGGEST SURPRISE to me is dat Wenger sign somebody over 30 years of age.

Not jes dat, he sign him fuh 2 YEARS to boot!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 21, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
good observation palos.

is a french conspiracy.

giggsy11

« Reply #752 on: August 21, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
Dey just being their usual cheap self.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #753 on: August 21, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »
Actually Silvestre is an upgrade on Hoyte who we just sold!!!

And Senderos! Who I hope will see less playing time as a result.

Arsenal defensive options.

LB: Clichy, Silvestre
RB: Sagna, Eboue,Toure
CB: Toure, Gallas, Silvestre, Djourou, Song, Senderos

Not too bad once players stay fit.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2008, 12:34:43 AM »
Arsenal sign Silvestre from Man Utd.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=564710&sec=england&cc=3888

I only now see dis. I find it amazin that Man U wud let such a good player go 2 one of their big rivals. I cud see him being a very big player 4 Arsenal.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2008, 01:36:15 AM »
Actually Silvestre is an upgrade on Hoyte who we just sold!!!

And Senderos! Who I hope will see less playing time as a result.

Arsenal defensive options.

LB: Clichy, Silvestre
RB: Sagna, Eboue,Toure
CB: Toure, Gallas, Silvestre, Djourou, Song, Senderos

Not too bad once players stay fit.

Van Persie will be player of the year book mark this
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 22, 2008, 01:57:18 AM »
hold on there fellah, how yuh go give ah novice like touches the credit for the gallas move?!

nah

Touches   

doe take dat

Omardinho   call yuh ah novice....wha d jail iz this....

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:59:07 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2008, 03:18:22 AM »
silvestre is perfect 4 arsenal....experienced and u cudnt ask 4 better cover at left back or centre back...plus he's french so he fittin in one time. cant believe manu let dis one go thru.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2008, 06:20:19 AM »

Van Persie will be player of the year book mark this

I would like nothing more.

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 23, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »
loss to fulhamamerica

0 points

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 23, 2008, 03:27:27 PM »
it was always going to be a tall order this season and now made worst by the amount of injuries.
No Fabragas, Rosiky, Diaby, Eduardo, means little depth to draw upon and also no tactical options.
Lets face it Eboue is a right back nothing else, Bendtner not ready (I eh sure he ever will be) and I have real doubts about Walcott as a wide player. If he was not English the media would have been ripping him apart. I would love to see him play upfront and partner Adebayor running behind defenders.
Once again Gallas was caught wanting in his defending, allowing his man to get infront of him to score,
That being said Van Persie and Adebayor missed good chances
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 23, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
Arsenal play shit today.

Cant even string 4-5 passes together.

Clichy was leaning up on the post with his hand on his waist and the ball pass right next to him he was lapsin.

Van Persie need a proper worm out and Denilson not ready.

Nasri rip some men though, he and Cesc go be poison.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #762 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 25, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
What a gay thread
Hart for president

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 27, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »
Arsenal play shit today.

Cant even string 4-5 passes together.

Clichy was leaning up on the post with his hand on his waist and the ball pass right next to him he was lapsin.

Van Persie need a proper worm out and Denilson not ready.

Nasri rip some men though, he and Cesc go be poison.

so said so done. only denilson could do with some castor oil and a bush bath and we good to go

we up 3-0 and bentner cyar pass the salt on ah dinner table

GOOD NEWS ;D

'We were organised, disciplined and focused'
On the performance…

“It was a big game for us and I felt we were well organised, disciplined, focused and basically never really under threat from FC Twente. What was most important was not to make mistakes, be patient and score our goals.

“I felt the whole team was sharper and physically we were much better than on Saturday afternoon. Maybe that is why we made it easier. It was a game that gave us the same problem as in the first game, by man marking us all over the pitch. When they had the ball they didn't take many risks - they were more focused on possession. We had to be well organised because they played a little bit with our patience.

On the return of Cesc Fabregas…

“I believe he brings calm and confidence to the side and overall we had a good balance in the side. He could have stayed on. He was more disappointed Twente didn't really have a go at us; he likes to play. He wants always to play but I took him off because he has just come back from a hamstring and we play again on Saturday. Recovery time will be very short.”

On responding to the weekend defeat…

“The response was clear. It was togetherness, it was consistency and that is what you want on a night like that. We want to play with the best and to do that means qualifying for the Group Stage. There was so much at stake tonight that of course it was a big mental test.”

On going goal crazy…

“We have struggling a little bit for goals but I was never really worried about that because we can create chances. It is difficult when you start the season with a qualifier and in-between you have an international friendly. At that moment the bodies aren't completely ready to absorb all that and you can have a dip a little bit. I felt that on Saturday.”

On Nasri's substitution…

“He had a stomach bug during the game and was sick at half-time. He couldn't go on.”

On central midfield…

“I think Denilson had a good game tonight. We have as well Aaron Ramsey - for me he will be a very good player - and we have Alex Song and we have Abou Diaby. Even Nasri can play central but we have to see.”

On Walcott's performance…

“I feel you have to be patient with Theo, I always say that. He can be decisive in any game against anybody if the team has a good collective display and if you can get him involved. He has improved his first touch, his link play, and that was a vital stage for him. Then without losing his one against one ability, he has worked on his control on the move and looks now to have found the balance between individual play and team play. He is a good finisher. What he did today is really the brand of a good finisher and you cannot teach that. He has that naturally.

On Vela's globetrotting...

“We don't see Vela a lot because he goes to Mexico last week and then goes again next week to Jamaica to play two games. Then he will come back a bit late for the game we play away. But I am confident he will play an important part in the season, but at the moment he is away. He is a top class player.”

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 04:09:49 PM by morvant »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:10 AM »
I'm posting this article here for all of you who have been parading the "Wenger have no money to spend" and "we have a stadium to pay for" arguments.

Wheel and come again!

Boss Wenger has millions to spend

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7587530.stm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has millions available to spend on players.

The Gunners have lost Mathieu Flamini, Alexander Hleb and Gilberto since the end of last season - and Wenger had been expected to strengthen his squad.

"If he said 'I want this guy and he's £30m, can I buy him?', the answer is yes. Absolutely yes," revealed Arsenal director Danny Fizsman.

"It's not our decision who Wenger spends money on, nor will it ever be our decision."

If Arsene found the right player he would buy him

Arsenal director Danny Fizsman
Arsenal have not won a trophy for three seasons and there have been calls from supporters for Wenger to bolster his squad with some big-money signings.

The Gunners have brought in Samir Nasri from Marseille for £12m and Mikael Silvestre from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

But Fizsman added: "There were great expectations and hopes that we would buy heavily this summer.

"We totally back Wenger, it's his decision.

"If Arsene found the right player he would buy that player, but at the moment his hasn't."

And Fizsman admitted that if the Gunners were to buy established players before the transfer window shuts on 1 September, it could cause problems.

"There's a dual problem for him," said the Arsenal director of Wenger.

"If we buy star names, you are talking about relatively mature players who need to be integrated into the way Arsene plays - they don't know our style and it also impacts on the youngsters who have been brought through."

606: DEBATE
Should Wenger be spending money?

Wenger recently said in an interview that he wants to develop his first-team players through the youth ranks at the club.

The Frenchman said that he decided on this policy during the club's development of their Emirates Stadium, which opened at the start of the 2006-07 season.

"When we decided to build the stadium I wanted to anticipate the possibility of financial restrictions, so I concentrated on youth," Wenger said in an interview with the Independent newspaper.

"I also felt the best way to create an identity with the way we play football, to get players integrated into our culture, with our beliefs, our values, was to get them as young as possible and to develop them together.

"I felt it would be an interesting experiment to see players grow together with these qualities, and with a love for the club."

giggsy11

« Reply #766 on: August 29, 2008, 08:17:25 AM »
Vulnerable one ah hope yuh read the article.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36:28 AM »
This is about Ego, not money....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 30, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »
van persie now hit ah man ah spanna

and yes that is a  stat
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 30, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
Vulnerable one ah hope yuh read the article.

Sorry, but it sounds like the Arse board of directors are covering their backsides from the fans.

Its common knowledge that Arsenal have a significant debt with regards to the new stadium and a percentage of transfer money goes towards paying that.

"If he said 'I want this guy and he's £30m, can I buy him?', the answer is yes. Absolutely yes,"

But they couldn't come up with the 22 million that Zenith wanted for Arshavin...

Riiiiiight.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 30, 2008, 05:26:15 PM »
van persie now hit ah man ah spanna

and yes that is a  stat

lol....Me and my partner sit down in a pub watch it and any man who accustom hitting spanner could see when it getting set up.

As soon as i see him on the line, I bawl SPANNER!! So said, so done, lol.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 30, 2008, 07:35:01 PM »
Vintage with a bouquet of spice and smooth elegance ;D
Anybody who watch dat game and like football have to  :applause:

Give jim he washekong
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 30, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »
allyuh going off or what?

that was de most premeditated spanner i ever see and the defender read it and easily dispossess him.

what was the big deal?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 13, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »
Like de haters emptied their quiver after matchday 2 ??? :beermug:
Live large and prosper!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 18, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
well well its been a while guys

still up here in sunny ole england!

had a wedding, but got the results through text, licks fuh black burn!
struggled away at Kiev but point better than none!

best part, took a tour of the emirates today with none other than Charlie George! yup game winning fa cup goal against liverpool back in 71 (double that year) have pics, spoke with him, really funny cockney geezer who grew up around arsenal. the stadium is tech. the pitch borse. you will not see a divot appear in highbury ever. nor will the pitch ever look like ole trafford when arsenal lost to them in fa cup
signed picture from charlie, silver key ring, and a sweet away kit (yellow) customized name number and prem badge and champs bage on each sleeve.

can't wait to get back into things

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 18, 2008, 06:42:06 PM »
Like de haters emptied their quiver after matchday 2 ??? :beermug:

haters?

dem does only bother with teams that wins a trophy every now and again  ;)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 20, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »
yes 1-3 away to bolton, come on arsenal!

more importantly hope chelsea and man u cancel each other out with a nil nil bore draw

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wenger lauds Arsenal youngsters
« Reply #777 on: September 24, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »
Wenger lauds Arsenal youngsters 
BBC Sport

Mexican Carlos Vela scored a hat-trick on his full senior debut
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says his young team which beat Sheffield United 6-0 in the Carling Cup had a "complete" look despite an average age of 19.

Mexican Carlos Vela, 17, led the scoring with a hat-trick while England's Jack Wilshere, 16, scored his first senior goal for the club.

"We looked like the complete team and I'm very proud of that," Wenger said.

"I'm not as surprised as you because I see them every day but you never know how they'll respond on the big stage."

Wenger, who has admitted the group are the best set of youngsters he has coached, watched as 20-year-old Nicklas Bendtner scored the other two goals in a scintillating performance.

"They just went out there are played with the belief we want them to have and with the spirit we want them to have," Wenger said.

"We want to win the trophy with this team," he added, when asked if he would change the side as he did for the loss to Spurs in the Carling Cup semi-final last season.

"We can of course go all the way and we can win it as well. Why not? These players do not play like kids, they play like people with intelligence, with talent and with spirit."  606: DEBATE
What can I say? Unbelievable stuff

determinedJPSmith

Vela's superb trio gave Wenger a timely reminder of his potential having spent the last 18 months in Spain on loan at Salamanca and Osasuna to gain a work permit.

The teenager has been a hit at international level already having won the golden boot with Mexico as they won the Under-17 World Championships in 2005.

But the way he curled his first goal around United keeper Paddy Kenny, then controlled and chipped him for his second before drilling home his third, will encourage Wenger to hand him his first Premier League start having come on a substitute against Newcastle recently.

Sheffield United's Gary Speed, who at 39 was twice the age of many Arsenal's players, was one of the few United players to emerge from Tuesday night's game with any credit as the Blades were almost bystanders in a footballing lesson.

Boss Kevin Blackwell agreed that his Championship side were simply outclassed.

"They were awesome at times and would have beaten most teams," he said. "We knew they were a good set of lads, but nobody knew how good they were.

"Arsenal are one of the few teams I would pay to watch. I've spoken to Arsene and he's admitted that these are the best single group of players he's had, they're exceptional."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wenger lauds Arsenal youngsters
« Reply #779 on: September 24, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »
pure class...very exciting young group

1]; } ?>