March 28, 2024, 03:45:16 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 891760 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2711451,00.html
Nothing like a lil competition to get them men shooting.

Arsenal trio gunning for goals
Rosicky backs himself in bet

By Steven Morrison   Last updated: 6th September 2007

Arsenal's midfield stars
Arsenal playmaker Tomas Rosicky is backing himself to be the Gunners' top midfield goalscorer this season.

The Czech international is so confident of netting the most goals that he has entered into a bet with team-mates Cesc Fabregas and Alexander Hleb.

The young trio are hoping to contribute more to the score sheet this campaign, after the departure of the club's all-time leading goalscorer Thierry Henry in the summer.

Self-confidence

And Rosicky, who has 17 international goals to his name, has backed himself to score more than his midfield team-mates.

"We have talked about scoring goals in midfield - me, Cesc and Alex Hleb," Rosicky told Arsenal's official website.

Currently, Cesc Fabregas leads the way with the bet. However Rosicky expects to end the season victorious.

"I hope I can win it," he added. "It includes all competitions - Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup. When you look at those competitions last year I would have been the winner.

"It would be nice to win again but the most important thing is that we win the games. It doesn't really matter who scores."

Improvement
Rosicky is also looking to improve on Arsenal's trophy-less season last year, and admits the team were disappointed with their achievements in the previous campaign.

"Of course it was a disappointing season for us last time," he said. "We achieved just the minimum of what we wanted to achieve.

"On the other side, personally I felt I integrated into this team very well and it will only be better this time.

"We have a good squad now, there is a lot of competition and everybody wants to play but if I can play this season and stay free of injuries, it will be good for me and the team."

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »
quiet confidence

next testr sevilla on wed, dat go be hard no ras!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2007, 06:56:03 PM »
ah tell allyuh early on, we takin de f**kin league dis year.

talk done.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
ah tell allyuh early on, we takin de f**kin league dis year.

talk done.

yeh right  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2007, 10:49:48 AM »
Premier League leader Arsenal no longer needs Thierry Henry

By Robert Millward, AP Soccer Writer
PARIS — Thierry Henry's move to Barcelona has paid off.
For Arsenal, that is.

Leading the English Premier League by two points, the Gunners are doing just fine without their former superstar.

The French striker, who established himself as one of the game's greats in a Gunners shirt, now wears the blue and maroon stripes of Barcelona. While the Spanish club has stuttered to one win in three games and already trails rival Real Madrid by four points, Arsenal looks even stronger without Henry.

"It was important that we started the season well after losing Thierry Henry in the summer," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said after his team's 3-1 victory at north London neighbor Tottenham on Saturday. "And while a player like that will never be forgotten, we are moving on now."

"Of course, we have not forgotten about Thierry but we have shown that the team is blossoming and growing," Wenger said in a message to Gunners fans. "That was planned, of course, but you never know how fast it will happen."

Although Henry set a goal-scoring record for Arsenal (226 goals in 364 games) and set up countless goals for his teammates, there was a feeling around the club he left at the right time.

Maybe the Gunners became too reliant on Henry. And maybe Henry became too big for Arsenal.

The striker's body language suggested he was unhappy with the club's apparent lack of ambition in the transfer market. He admitted he was also disappointed that vice chairman David Dein was elbowed out of the club because the board disliked his support for American businessman Stan Kroenke, who wanted to buy the Gunners.

When Henry left to join Barcelona June 22, it seemed as if the Gunners had lost their prize asset.

Not so. The real asset is still with the club - and he used to be on Barcelona's books.

Cesc Fabregas has the potential to be even better than Henry. He splits defenses with his passes, is always available to receive the ball from a teammate and reads the game so well he is often starts and finishes moves to score from close range.

"If it becomes hectic he keeps his head and cools the game down when it becomes a bit nervous," Wenger said. "Suddenly he finds a good pass and gets you out of tight situations."

Against the Spurs on Saturday, the Spaniard put Arsenal ahead with a long bending strike into the top corner for his fifth goal of the season. The Gunners went to the top of the standings, two points ahead of Manchester City and main rivals Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea.

Fabregas acknowledges Henry's contribution to Arsenal but now believes the Gunners are in better overall shape to win titles.

"Thierry was an important player for a lot of years, but now he's not here, he's gone," he said. "We have to play more as a team like we're doing now. We're playing more collectively, more as a team and this is important.

"Scoring late goals shows we're strong physically and stay in games until the end, which is very important to develop spirit in the team. We never give up."

While Fabregas celebrated his fifth goal of the season - and third in the league - Henry is still looking for his first Spanish League goal for Barcelona. He made little impact in a 0-0 tie at Osasuna on Sunday. Even the Barcelona fans jeered their team at the end.

So it's a neat twist that a player Arsenal persuaded to leave Barcelona at age 16 for no transfer fee is now making the same impact as the star it sold to the Spanish club for $33 million.

The Associated Press

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2007, 08:17:06 AM »
Derby come like Lambs to the slaughter.
Arsenal just toying with them.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2007, 08:31:43 AM »
ah thought wenger woulda rest fabregas and ah take way the captaincy off mih fantasy side from him.

He just get the assist on the adebayor goal  >:(
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2007, 08:33:02 AM »
2-0 Arsenal
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2007, 08:50:15 AM »
Derby come like Lambs to the slaughter.
Arsenal just toying with them.

you mean Rams to the slaughter.

clinic going on.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2007, 09:20:44 AM »
Yuh know when I watch Walcott I could see things that excite people about him. But i find he wasteful and predictable, almost every Arsenal attack breaks down when it comes to him. He have a lot to learn
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2007, 09:29:25 AM »
What a goal by Fabregas.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »
What a goal by Fabregas.

mother...

I just hope Ronaldo decide to take example or i will be real vex. A goal and 2 assists and i take away the captaincy from the man *steups*
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
4-0  :o
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2007, 09:38:25 AM »
5 - 0 Arsenal  Adebayor

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »
Hattrick
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:57 AM »
All i could say is Oh shit!  :o
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »
Adebayor is a beast fuh real.

Arsene youth movement beginning to hit stride. This is a squad that could join the ranks of Barca, Real, Milan etc as squds man does watch just for the Beauty. Joga Bonito fuh real

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2007, 09:50:13 AM »
allya tink day missin TH? :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
I have a feeling if derby continue at the same paste they might concede over 120 goals this season and probably have a goal difference of minus 70.  ::)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »
I have a feeling if derby continue at the same paste they might concede over 120 goals this season and probably have a goal difference of minus 70.  ::)

They stickin like glue fuh real  ;D

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »
Bakary Sagna looking like a real good signing for Arsenal.
Clichy, Sagna, Toure and Gallas could be the strongest back 4 Arsenal has had in a while.

Yuh know when I watch Walcott I could see things that excite people about him. But i find he wasteful and predictable, almost every Arsenal attack breaks down when it comes to him. He have a lot to learn

Walcott had a poor game today. Lacked the composure that the rest of the team showed.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »
What a goal by Fabregas.

mother...

I just hope Ronaldo decide to take example or i will be real vex. A goal and 2 assists and i take away the captaincy from the man *steups*

so u put ronaldo as captain against a midfield like chelsea?  yuh sounding like relegation zone material...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2007, 08:44:26 PM »
big players step up in big games
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2007, 08:46:31 PM »
What a goal by Fabregas.

mother...

so u put ronaldo as captain against a midfield like chelsea?  yuh sounding like relegation zone material...

:rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2007, 12:33:41 AM »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2007, 06:30:17 AM »
What a goal by Fabregas.

mother...

I am ah Man.U fan and even I know is not to take the captaincy away from ah man like Fabregas, he inform and giving meh over 20-30 points for the last 3 weeks. ;D

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2007, 06:38:46 AM »
http://media.putfile.com/Arsenal-1---0-Derby-

Diaby's cracker.

careful ah d use of that word  ::)

and rule of thumb 4 selecting fantasy captain.........whoever striking or playing offensive midfield against derby  ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2007, 06:48:39 AM »
Fellas, the only reason I strip him of the captaincy is because I had ah feeling he woulda get ah rest for the first time of the season after the Champins league and International games.
So what if I get it wrong.

I cyah stand CR7 head, but if he's a big player is now he will react. the international break and CL games prove he hungry after the suspensions, and if he is a big player, he will never get a better chance to make Chelsea look bad this weekend than at home right after they reeling from Mourinho leaving.

Ah notice with all the ole talk, all alyuh men who laughing and bumping yuh gum busy smelling mih fart trails in the standings :devil:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2007, 07:29:56 AM »
Fellas, the only reason I strip him of the captaincy is because I had ah feeling he woulda get ah rest for the first time of the season after the Champins league and International games.

I cyah stand CR7 head, but if he's a big player is now he will react. the international break and CL games prove he hungry after the suspensions, and if he is a big player, he will never get a better chance to make Chelsea look bad this weekend than at home right after they reeling from Mourinho leaving.

Ah notice with all the ole talk, all alyuh men who laughing and bumping yuh gum busy smelling mih fart trails in the standings :devil:

MidKnight ..''So what if I get it wrong''?............ 32pts, dais all. ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2007, 07:49:26 AM »

midnight... CR7 burn meh once, never again nuh...

last week i tell mehself well first sweat back after that long ban, he go be eager to prove a point nuh. must put everton to de sword.. ah move like wenger and strip fabregas of the captaincy and give ronaldo...

well boy, de man PUUUUUUURGE down heself, meanwhile fabregas get a goal and an assist plus MOM bonus.. loss out on real points.. I was 14th with small points between me and the rest and nosedive bout 15 places.. nuff shitongs fly pass meh and laugh on de way up..

de indomitable pelau still trying to recover from that.. forget CR7 yes

1]; } ?>